Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:11 pm
gryffindor01
"Amazing" she breathed. The Great Hall was everything that it was named for and more. The ceiling was a perfect replica of the clear frostbitten night outside and was accentuated by the candles that floated above the long tables situated in perfect equidistance in the middle of the room.

She felt the gaze of the cloaked students at the tables rest upon her. Standing up straighter she looked back upon them, butterflies in her stomach. Normally, stage fright was not a factor, but for whatever reason it was present with her tonight. The students were obviously sitting with their own houses, each giving of a sense of unity no matter independent each of the students themselves were.

Following the line of first years to the front of the hall seemed like it took years and her patience was running out. Let's just get this over with already.

User Image

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm mysterious, curious, and eager to learn as much as I can, even if it will get me into a bit of trouble. Most people do not know what drives me, and I do my best to keep it a secret.

"Indala Eve Grey!" Icarus called out, wrapping his tongue around the first name.

When the first year made their way up to the stool and sat upon it, Icarus placed the ancient hat on her head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Such bravery and
motivation to learn...
True, you would excel
in Ravenclaw, but your
need to break rules to
find things out makes
you best suited for...
Gryffindor!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:14 pm
Mexican Donuts
User Image

Alexander Greyson
1st Year

Alex entered the Great Hall, in line with the others. He looked around for Charlotte and Nott, but saw that they were a little distance away from him. Then he noticed the ceiling. His mum had told him about it, but it hadn't prepared him for how beautiful it really was. That the stars were out only added to the magical feel of the room.

"Oh, wow!" Xander said aloud, then blushed. He had said that louder than he had meant to.

When he saw the hat brought out, he was surprised, and a little disappointed. Oh, it was just as simple as to put on a hat. He had run through all of his knowledge for nothing. All of the time he had spent doing his research was for nothing. Well, at least this was easier.

"Greyson, Alexander."

Oh crap. It was his turn. He stepped forward, and sat down on the stool and the hat was placed on his head.

'Oh, I hope I'm in Ravenclaw. But I suppose that Hufflepuff wouldn't be bad.' he thought to himself.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn, logical, curious, artistic, and very, very, intelligent. Studying and learning new things always makes me happy. I love discovering new things. I act rather distant, but that is until I get to know you, then I become rather goofy. I am faithful to my friends, and won't have you badmouthing them. When around people I like, I am loud and laugh easily. I am impulsive, and at the same time, I analyze a situation before jumping in. My mouth often gets me into trouble. Animals like me for some reason, and I love them back.

"Alexander Greyson!" Icarus called out.

When the first year made their way up to the stool and sat upon it, Icarus placed the ancient hat on his head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff, eh?
You could fit in with Hufflepuffs.
Then again, you are quite intelligent...
Better be...
Ravenclaw!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:17 pm
anbu_ninja_penguin
User Image
Kevin had been the last one to actually arrive where the first years were gathered. He had a book with him which is why he had been among the last to enter, he easily got sucked into a book. He noticed his sister wait there looking nervous and put his hand gently on her shoulder. "here we go."

People say that, in a nutshell:, I'm a gentle guy who really doesn't like to harm a fly. He's incredibaly quiet and tends not to speak unless he is spoken to or has something very improtant to say. Not really being much of a group person, this young wizard can be found in his room reading or in the library in search of a new book. Once one gets past his quietness and crowd evasiveness one finds a friendly guy who is willing to give everyone as many chances as they need but don't take this wrong he is no push over.

"Kevin Johnson!" Icarus called out.

When the first year made their way up to the stool and sat upon it, Icarus placed the ancient hat on his head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Such a relaxed personality.
Yet, not quite open,
not quite easily to step over...
Hmm...
Hufflepuff!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:19 pm
fraise rouge
♚Malcolm Dundas♚

User Image

"People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cunning, resourceful, serious, reserved, calm and I like leadership. Father says I belong into Slytherin, where he once lived. We’ve got a tradition in our family that says that every male of the Dundas family are sorted into Slytherin, and trust me, I won’t break that tradition."

"Malcolm Dundas!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

Before the hat could
even feel a sliver of hair
off the boy's blond head,
it responded the same way
with the last student of the House:
"Slytherin!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 pm
TahiriVeilaPanjrinanu
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will walked into the Great Hall close to Alys and exhaled a breath, smiling up at the ceiling. He had heard about the feature, but it was definitely stunning in real life. He maintained a cool breathing and searched for his sister, spotting her easily at the Gryffindor table.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm usually shy and quiet to start, but very boisterous and talkative after that. Usually follows his sister into crazy adventurous escapades. I like action and excitement and often get in trouble for that.

"William Radcliffe!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Another Radcliffe?
I know just where
you belong...
Gryffindor!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Brittany_Sue1211
Evelyn Ward, First Year

User Image

Evelyn nervously entered the Great Hall along with the rest of the first years. The train ride to Hogwarts had been rather uneventful for her. The magical barrier had been the most exciting part. That is, until she had actually entered the magnificent castle.

There were thousands of magically floating candles lined above the tables, illuminating the hundreds of faces beneath. A quick look at the ceiling showed that there was no ceiling . . . at least, not that she could see. It was obscured with the night sky outside that she and the rest of the first years had left behind.

Then the Sorting began. She listened intently to the rest of the group being sorted, knowing that she would be one of the last. Then her name was called. "Ward, Evelyn!"

Having a sudden feeling that every eye in the hall was upon her -- for, indeed, they were -- she slowly approached the talking hat and the stool that had been placed for her to sit. She jumped into the seat and awaited for the hat to be placed upon her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm calm, intelligent, and innocent. I've been told, though, that I am hard-hearted and won't let many people in, that I need to open up more. I am known to be quite argumentative, and very passionate about my beliefs. I can also be quite stubborn.

"Evelyn Ward!" Icarus called out.

When the first year made their way up to the stool and sat upon it, Icarus placed the ancient hat on her head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"What cleverness!
You defend your beliefs
to no end and with
a clarity and purpose...
a depth that most witches
and wizards crave for everyday.
I know just where you belong!
Ravenclaw!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 pm
Hikari Yuuhi

User Image

Murasaki Hizawa - 1st Year

"Will you die for the ones you love? Will you kill for them?"

Everything seemed to hum vibrantly, each with its own particular resonance. The light of the floating candles mixed in with the light of the ceiling's night sky, incandescence with luminescence, imparting a strange dream-like quality to the beautiful room in front of him. A sharp pain in his leg later, he could safely say that he wasn't asleep and that everything in front of him was -- despite being outside the realm of possibility -- real.

The talking hat in the background, the numerous students, the ceiling that was not a ceiling, and the medieval air were not illusion but real. He felt himself let go of that anxiousness, one that he had ever since he received that letter, and felt it disperse into the animated chatter of students. It returned when he saw the hat that decided their eventual fates.

He found himself staring at the banners of the four houses, wondering about where he would belong...he who believed he had nothing. As the line of first years thinned out and his name being called, Mura determinedly walked towards the item which will decide his seven years of life.

_______

People say that, in a nutshell, I am: both strong and fragile, strong enough to know that the world is not responsible for my well-being and fragile enough to understand my mortality and the limitations of what I can do by myself. Keeps most people at arm's length except for that one person that I cannot help but become attached to. A hard worker, wise enough to know that shortcuts carry their own price. Loyal to the very end with a willingness to use violence. Subtle if needed. Quiet, very contemplative. Practical. Abnormally tired.

"Murasaki Hizawa!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Under-handedness...
Practical and thoughtful...
The House that needs you
most will be...
Slytherin!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm
Alex Teaflower
Mariella Cross

She looked up at the people and one after another was sorted. Sweetly she gave a gentle bow towards those around her as she passed through. After completely dusting the disgusting stool she sat on it and muttered about lice and other disgusting bodily pests that might sit on her precious little head.
"Slytherin, Slytherin. Allow me to be in Slytherin!" she thought desperately, closing her eyes tightly.

Quote:

People say that, in a nutshell,
I'm sweet on the surface but very sour on the inside; that I'm a back stabber, a liar, and an insufferable witch. I take that as a compliment though.

"Mariella Cross!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Slytherin, eh?
Very well...
Slytherin!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:37 pm
Daem0nsw0lf
First Year Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera stood calmly in the Great Hall. Sorting was nothing to be concerned about....and she really didn't care where she ended up as long as it was in a house where people hardly bothered her and she didn't have to make "friends" to fit in. She sighed...this was taking forever.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Fiercely loyal to the few people I manage to befriend, but I’m not afraid to manipulate people for my own purposes and needs. I'm rather cold and indifferent to everyone around me and treat everyone like an enemy until they become a friend. I'm not afraid to bend rules to suit my own needs and "authority" figures have to earn my respect before I bother to respect them.

((baby.....your avatar has reindeer antlers....0.o i is scared!))

"SaLevera Sykes!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

The hat took in
a sharp breath,
"With this
personality of
manipulation...
You'd be best
suited for...
Slytherin!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:39 pm
BunnyxAngel
User Image
Angela Spark

Angela Spark was shaking by the time she got to the great hall. She was so nervous! Cool it Angela. she thought, calming down. She wanted this to be quick. Gryffindor, or Ravenclaw? Let's pick.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm A nerdy little girl, who keeps books in my backpack and reads frequently, possibly a know-it-all, Teacher's Pet, goody two-shoes.

"Angela Spark!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Crave for knowledge...
check.
Carries a book with her...
check.
Ravenclaw!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:43 pm
Melody Raindo
~~~Melody Raindo | First year~~~

Melody waited, jumping from one foot to another. When her name was called, she walked up slowly, trying to ignore the agonizing stares of the students. Or they we making faces at her. She couldn't tell with her glasses off, everything was so blurry. She bumped in the chair, felt the right part to sit on, and accidently punched the proffessor in front of her instead of taking the sorting hat. "Oops! Sorry!" This was greeted by echoing laughter. She quickly pulled the hat down and it sat on her ears.

Melody breathed deeply and let it go.

((People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very kind, loyal, intelligent, quiet, shy, headstrong and clever, though I am pretty clumsy. People also say that I belong in Gryffindor but I think I'll be in Ravenclaw. I am artsy and hate Slytherin people.))

"Melody Raindo!" Icarus called out.

When the first year made their way up to the stool and sat upon it with difficulty, Icarus got a fist into his stomach. He coughed, trying to remain calm, but placed the ancient hat on her head.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"You believe you are
best suited for either
Gryffindor or Ravenclaw...
But I see that you're loyalty,
and you other strong attributes,
will help you excel in...
Hufflepuff!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:46 pm
MademoiselleHarmonie

Lyra Wynne | 1st Year; ___________
User Image
User Image
Lyra's name was called by the Professor, she didn't let her eyes dart around the room but instead she stared foward, in a dignified way, and walked to the stool in small strides. She sat down, and arranged her skirt. When the Sorting Hat was placed onto her head, she could help but to think 'He's not as moldy as dad said...' Lyra stared quietly at her hands waiting for the hat's decision.

Quote:

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet, polite, and reserved. Very flexible unless/until a line is crossed in my view. People say I can be a perfectionist about my work, and that I can be quite slovenly about my room/organization. I have a very long fuse, but a horrible and explosive anger that can make me cruel and bitter.

"Lyra Wynne!" Icarus called out.

User Image

The Sorting Hat
User Image

"Your perfectionist behavior
would help a specific House
best. And, with your anger,
the fuse would set off a lot
slower when you're in...
Gryffindor!"

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:49 pm
(( Haha, VT must be like 'FINALLY!!!!' right now sweatdrop ))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:55 pm
((I was about to post that xd lol if I missed anyone, too bad D:< jk, just post again.))  

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 pm
(( How cruel. Psst, guys, if he missed your post, just send him a thousand PM messages xd ))  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games