Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin released the forever cat as it bounced back to Sever and smiled as she purred and rubbed herself against his chest. "Well, they are most definitely feral, but they are still wild. They are the Cait Siths, much like the lynx or bob cats of the continent. They have the good sense not to reveal themselves to muggles, since muggles would only want to kill them for the furs. But a few sitings in the past have given rise to the legends of both the faery cat and the Irish wildcat."

"I received jewelry from my family as well." She didn't mention that it was a set of silver and copper metal with obsidian and mother of pearl gems intertwined in every piece, necklace, bracelet, anklet, ring, toe ring, thumb ring, pinkie ring, earring, pin, hair pin, and more. They had even gotten a collar for Seti to wear during the family's celebration of her acceptance. It was a rather large affair. Larger than necessary, but Roisin had bitten her tongue.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:25 am
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin held his kitty. "Magical creatures or creatures raised with magic always have the good sence not to trifle with muggles. It's not healthy" He stated. He was wearing the pin on his robes. It was a simple white gold and emerald slytherin emblem. "!"

~

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:38 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin nodded giving a scratch to Chocolate's head, right behind her ear. "Yes they do. Muggles tend to be far more destructive than even Grindalvald at the height of his power on a whole. Even the Dark Lord didn't do as much damage to Muggles as they do to themselves every chance they get." Roisin shook her head and frowned, only just keeping her lip from curling in disdain.

Roisin noticed the pin on Sever and smiled. It was simple and classy, understated and all the more elegant for it.

Her own acceptance present(s) were in her jewelry box at home. She thought it useless to travel with them when she'd have no occasion to justify wearing them. Thankfully. She didn't want them to be stolen or ruined in anyway. And girls were malicious. Or so was told by her brothers, and was able to observe from her own mother's dealings with their gender. She wouldn't let anything happen to the presents that her family had given her, especially her life.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:46 am
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shin sighed, grabbing meat and feeding it to chocolate. The kitten ate it, purring. Her tail up and eyes bright. He campy took another piece. "Hmmm... You like that chocolate?" He asked her, smiling a rare smile. "Meow!"

~

User Image

User Image  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:59 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin smiled as Chocolate lapped up the food offer to her by her master. She was so happy and in that moment so was Sever. Too bad Sever and Chocolate couldn't share a meal.

She looked around at those still left to be sorted and then up at the Great Hall's ceiling, staring at the night sky and thousands of floating flickering candles above them. If the sorting took much longer, Roisin was going to lose her appetite to eat from just the lateness alone. No wonder tempers were close to the surface and people were hostile toward each other on the first day of Hogwarts, and for most the first day back, the nerves that had plagued the first years weren't an excuse. "I wish the feast would start. It's taking long enough. Just shuffle the rest off to a random House," Roisin said to the table in general, showing her impatience and tiredness, giving Sever and Chocolate a moment alone with the other, though she still paid close attention to the both of them.

User Image

((OOC: I'm going to bed now . . . It's nearly 4 am by me. See you all tomorrow))  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 am
Daem0nsw0lf
Second Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image
Levera blanched at his last statement. He couldn't know, there was no flaming way he bloody knew that the head of The Tribunal was in her head, plaguing her dreams at night, forcing her to see visions of pain and eroticism that no twelve year old should ever have to witness.

A million thoughts raced through Levera's mind at once, and to her credit it took her a full minute before her mind just shut down and her anger took over. There was no bloody way she'd put up with ANYONE knowing that she had voices in her head, especially not this little snot nosed brat.

Before Levera realized what she was doing she leaped onto the Slytherin table and launched herself at Nott. She tackled him to the ground and aimed a punch for his head, but he was bigger than her and managed to throw her off and get back to his feet. Levera on to the other hand was better, she crouched low so she could tackle him again at his waist, sending him back into the Slytherin table. She grabbed his hair and slammed his head against the table and daze him, then leaned closed to him, but as she did that he slammed his head into hers.

Levera was convinced that move had dazed him more than her, but she was still seeing stars, she didn't let go of Nott though or allow him up before she tossed a mean right hook at his jaw. She leaned close again and whispered dangerously, “ Only loyalty to you for saving my life keeps me from killing you now. But don't push me, do not speak of things you don't know. And if I find you playing with demons that need to be eradicated...well...I won't hesitate to take you out with them.
She locked gazes with him and glared hard, making sure that he knew that she was referring to the tribunal and his somewhat suspicious actions at the end of last year.

~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”

User Image
User Image

нεявσℓσgy

User Image

User Image

There was a sound of cloth rustling as the new Professor strode down the hall from the Teacher's table. His eyes had narrowed down at this blatant act of a lack of control, and he had taken to spinning his staff clockwise by his right side. One end of the six-foot long piece of wood began glowing with a yellow hue that shifted from orange to red, and actually began spitting sparks as he approached the fighting duo. He lashed out just after the girl took a break in her pounding on the boy, aiming the magically active end of his staff for her torso.
The carved wood slammed into her chest, the amplified stinging hex sending a jolt of pain through the girl's body. Unfortunately for her she had just been leaning down to start hitting again when the Herbology instructor struck, meaning she also got a nice clout on the underside of her jaw from part of the staff. The man's harsh voice spat out after he had struck.

"STOP THAT AT ONCE!" His voice was heavy - he hadn't quite used a Sonorus charm to boost it, but he had laced magic through his throat to give the words more impact on those who could hear it. He swirled the end of his staff at the girl who was now laying on the ground on her back using hsi magic to adhere her to the ground, then shoved his staff into the young man's gut, pinning him down as well.
"Ten points from you girl for losing your control like this. And you boy, had better come up with a damn good reason for her to attack you that had nothing to do with you prompting it, or I'm taking ten points from you as well." The professor's hard eyes came up and swept across the nearby table of Slytherin students, lighting on three who had turned to look at the fight as he walked down, then callously turned their backs on the fight instead of trying to intervene one way or the other.
Eraz replaced his staff with his boot to make sure the boy could not wiggle away and swept his magical implement in an arc, causing three students to light up with s silver glow around their bodies.
{{This is Roisin, Shin, and Mirela}}
"You three who are lit up. State now why you did not try to stop your tablemates from brawling like children barely out of their playpens. If you cannot come up with an acceptable reason, you will lose your house a point each."
His voice was as cold as the winds outside the castle. Though he had directed the question towards them his attention was split between them and the two people who had been involved in the altercation - a mild glare towards the boy under his foot to make sure he did not move.

User Image

User Image

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:08 am
Second Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image
Levera roared at the man who had thrown her off Nott. She cursed thoroughly in Chinese as she tried to get off the floor. “ Lemme up, old man!! I swear...I will kill you if you don't lemme up now!” Levera's Southern American accent suddenly took a strong hold, betraying her roots.

Levera tried to reach uselessly for her wand, “ Ching-wah tsao duh liou mahng! She couldn't reach, but she did manage to grab a steak knife that had fallen off the table. She wasn't sure what she was going to do with it, but she always felt more comfortable with a weapon. “ qu zih ji xue you ” She growled at Eraz, still struggling, determined to kill him the moment he let her free.

~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:08 am
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

As much as Roisin didn't like the attention, she was used to it. She ignored the silver glow but addressed the professor, standing to show respect to him and to show confidence in her choice of action or lack there of. "There were a couple of reasons, Professor. The first being without a position of authority, or even seniority, when breaking up a fight that violent is unwise unless one has the physical and/or magical experience to defend themselves for when the violence becomes aimed at them. I have neither physical stamina nor the magical experience to defend myself nor anyone else. As of yet. And with the level of violence displayed, I would need it.

"Second, Sever and I are first years and would not have been effective in stopping a raised argument between our seniors, nevermind a fight such as this. Quiet impatience and impartiality is an upward battle we the first years must fight, and overcome especially the first month or so within our Houses. Had we intervened, we would have made two powerful enemies rather than uncaring seniors."

Roisin nodded at the professor before sitting down. It had not been her place to intervene as it had been his duty, but she could understand why he thought to question them. Whether or not another point or three was lost didn't seem to matter. Slytherin was already in the red as far as she knew. That was one set of older students Roisin was not going to forge alliances with if she could help it. She didn't show any emotion beyond confidence in herself really, and waited.

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 am
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin stared. He was skinny, small for his age and already horribly scared. What did the teacher expect him to do? Throw a plate at them? They would have gotten revenge later. "I second miss Roisin. What could I have done? It is unwise for me to make enomys of my own house" He stated. He was confused and slightly in awe that he was suposed to do something. His cat curled under the table on his lap. !"

~

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 am
User ImageNott's head was screaming in pain from both her grabbing handfuls of his hair and then of course, and more importantly, slamming his head back off of the table. He hadn't thought, only reacted as he brought his head forward to slam into Levera's as she bent over him. After all, his head couldn't hurt any worse. Right? Wrong. The head butt made her back off, but she was soon back on the assault. Hissing her little threat in his ear.

"Oh piss off you crazy -"

Just at that moment a thundering voice boomed through the room and Levera was blasted off of him by a force both magical and physical. But before Nott could thank the man for getting the crazed girl off of him, he was soundly hit in the gut and pinned back to the ground. Letting out a pain-filled "Errrh!" his hands went to his stomach. His abs were flexed against the weighty object but he had been caught by surprise. Though as he relax the pained lessened.

The professor was asking him for a good reason why Levera had attacked him. Nott's eyebrow shot up. He couldn't believe it, he was actually in danger of getting in trouble for getting beaten up. Wonderful. He grimaced as he tried to take a deep breath with the staff still jammed down on him.

"Ugh...She attacked me, as I was walking away I might add. I simply stated my mind and left the table, " he growled. Getting more and more irritated at the fact that he was in trouble for attempting to defend himself. "Last I heard that wasn't against the rules."

Something warm ran under his collar and he realized that his scalp was bleeding from somewhere and running down the back of his neck. Excellent start to the year.

User Image

Garden of Wisteria

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:01 am
User Image
User Image

нεявσℓσgy

User Image

User Image

"Girl, you are eloquent enough to pull it off, so you keep the point. Boy, you do not. Simply saying you second another shows a lack of intelligence - and your house is supposed to be prized for its wit and cunning. Saying that they would have gotten revenge is pathetic - siding with one would have meant that that one would side with you in case of retaliation. That you apparently did not think that far ahead, or if you did that you seemed not to think that fully answering me was necessary, you lose your point." Fantastic start, Eraz would apparently be coming across as a hardliner this year. He turned his attention to the boy beneath his foot, whom he bent down and grabbed by the shirt lapels and hauled to his feet. He glared into the boy's eyes for a moment then flicked his gaze to the blood trickling down from the back of his head.
"Che, that was a pathetic lie and you know it boy. Do not think I am targeting your house - I am from America and have no care for your supposed house rivalries. Instead I judge you each on what virtues your house supposedly holds to - and something as transparent and hard to defend as your statement is not the mark of high cunning. I know there is more to what happened here, but your minor injury and this school's rules demand that I deal with this expeditiously instead of at my leisure. Five points from your house, now get that taken care of." Eraz let go of the boy with a contemptuous flick of his wrist to send the boy stumbling away as he focused his gaze on the girl who was laying on the floor, cursing and struggling. His eyebrow lifted for two reasons: One, somehow the girl had managed to grab a knife. While admirable, the fact that she was struggling so frantically with it just gave the weapon away blatantly. The second was the curses that the girl was using - there was no way a second year student should know such foul language.
Eraz stepped over to where Levera was laying and slammed his staff down on the knife blade - not on the girls hand but on the actual metal of the blade - using his movement to trap the steak knife and tear it from her hand. When he was sure that she didn't have it in her hand he knelt down beside her, making sure to keep his head away from headbutt range, and spoke in a low voice that only the girl could hear.
"I'll answer those in reverse order. I've been through hell and came out slightly burnt. As for the first, I'm too damn ugly to find a frog that is willing to sit still long enough for that." That said he straightened up and continued speaking in a more normal voice that was still laced with a trace of magic for emphasis.
"Now then. In deference to that leaky boat of an excuse that your fellow green and silver wearer spat out, I am also assigning you detention. This detention will be carried out with me. Meet me at my office in one week for the details on what you will be doing - and make sure to bring all of your Herbology gear girl. And don't ever let me catch you losing control like this again - you are better than that." Eraz had seen the way the girl had acted - she had had training, and she had not been able to restrain herself from attacking that boy. If she had been thinking clearly, the male would be dead, not stumbling towards a healer. For someone with true training to lose control of themselves so much infuriated the Herbologist. He stood up and began walking back up to the Staff table, slowly channeling magic into his staff. With a negligent hand wave he released the magic binds on the girl, while at the same time pouring more magic into his staff. He wasn't preparing an attack - if he gauged the girl correctly, as soon as she was free she would try something. The staff-wielding wizard was preparing a protective charm.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:17 am
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin raised a brow. If he was that mart he would be in ravenclaw. He was to evil for huflepuff and hated the lion house with a pashion. But then again if he was placed in a house, he a MUST fit ALL the characteristics for that house and he MUST. Repeat The EXACT same thing as Miss Roisin because that was a true joy to hear twice. Also it was so CUNNING to tick off students who he has to live with for the next SIX YEARS. Oh yes, he really understood the teachers logic. He remaind sitiing, petting his chocolate.

~

User Image

User Image  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

The man taught Herbology. And he chose to humiliate Sever for an obviously acceptable answer. He had gone straight to the point by agreeing with Roisin. Really, that was unnecessary. And he seemed to be a nightmare as well, prehaps reading minds, considering Sever had not said anything about revenge, though when a rational person took a look at how thin Sever was, they couldn't possibly expect him to jump into a physical fight between two well built and muscled individuals. The man may claim to be an American, but Roisin felt he was inclined to understand and accept the Gryffindor House. Well, nothing for it now. At least sixteen points in the red . . . They'd need to do better than that if they wanted to win the House Cup. If they wanted to win.

Roisin reached under the table and soothingly scratched Chocolate's head, though it the forever kitten seemed calm and was concentration on her master. Roisin didn't know what to say, or how to comfort Sever without making him feel worse, so she settled for watching the others, including the Professor striding away, while they pet Chocolate.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:26 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη  Isт yεαя

User Image

~

Shin was a little ticked off. But he did not want to lose his house more points. Then they really would get him. He hated the extra attention though. Chocolate was calming and from Miss Roisins lack if response, he knew she agreed with his thought. After all. He was 12, how was he supposed to think that rare ahead? !"

~

User Image

User Image  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:41 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin was ten. She was going to turn eleven on November 13th. Sever she was sure was already eleven or twelve. They weren't even hitting puberty yet. And they would see that man every week for Herbology. What would he expect them to act like? This was ridiculous. There was nothing to do about it and nothing to say. When around that Professor, Roisin thought it best to say little to nothing unless be asked for a direct answer. And to do little as well.

There had to be a way to break this brooding silence he had left Sever and herself in. Their easy conversation dashed amongst the unwanted attentions. Really, what could she say to make it better? Maybe an ideal curiosity.
"I never understood staffs as wands," she whispered to Sever, leaning close so only he would hear. "I think it looks cool, but wouldn't it be difficult to control and handle during a duel?"

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games