Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hufflepuff Common Room
Hufflepuff Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get the pattern right?
  Yes, it's easy when you know it!
  No, I got drenched!
View Results

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:02 pm
User Image 
вαιεy яαε σιvεя

"нαvε α нεαяt tнαt nεvεr нαяdεns,

α tεmρεr tнαt nεvεr tιяεs,

α toυcн tнαt nεvεr нυяts."

┌ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┐

If it hadn't been for the loud creak of the portrait swinging open, Bailey would have likely gone unnoticed as she crawled into the common room and scurried straight towards the stairs. However, the sound of students coming and going was so familiar to the Hufflepuffs that few children cared to look up from their conversations. Her flat-footed shoes made little to no noise as they swept across the carpet, little friction to get in the way of where Bailey was headed. She reached the doorway to the dormitories in just moments, not even bothering to let her eyes deter from her target.

└ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ~ --- ┘

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:03 pm
User Image

εηησ✗ gαℓvαηι, Fιяsт Yεαяxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -Hufflepuff-

mood ► Exhausted.

thought ► Don't be late.

location ► Hufflepuff Common Room.

The portrait swung open to reveal the tired first year. It had been a hectic first day and all he wanted to do was rest. The school was so large, it was an exercise to get to all the classes on time. Just getting to class was a feat. It showed his lack of athleticism quite well. Lennox didn't mind though. It's not like they had to run around in a class to prove how fit or unfit you were. Those were things that he dreaded. Another way to be compared to those who possesed superior skill in everything they do.

Letting out a sigh, he retreated into one of the armchairs around the fireplace. A mixture of content and fatigue overwhelmed him as he sank into the relaxing chair. The fabric hugged him so that it was hard for him to move out of it. But he knew he couldn't stay in it for long. There were things that needed to be done. Voices of reason tried to persuade him to stay put.

It was the first day, there wasn't much homework for him. The rest could probably be done during breakfast. Right now, he should take a small rest, a nap perhaps. A long day it was and there was astronomy to come back to later. He would need all his strength for later on.

No! It did him no good to dawdle on the unecessary. If it could be done now, why should he put it off till later? Unfortunately his first reasoning overcame him as he attempted to get off the chair but couldn't fathom the idea of losing the warm spot. It irritated him when that happened. Lennox would get into a comfortable position then he would move out of whim, sliding into a cold spot on uncharted territory. When he tries to find the warm haven, it becomes lost and leaves him in a foul mood.

His shoulder bag slid off his shoulders as his eyes started to droop. The room's warmth enticed him to take a small nap. Lennox tried to fight but the warm glow of the fire was just too overpowering. Soon his eyes lay shut, head resting on the arm of the chair, his dirty blonde hair covering his eyes. Legs were curled up so that he formed a little ball of warmth between him. Perhaps just a few minutes of rest wouldn't hurt.

User Image

∝╬══→▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
work it harder • make it better
do it faster • make us stronger

Unknown Apothecary

Rechosia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:53 am
User ImageUser Image

Kaera made her way through the common room, intent on going up to her bed to work on homework where she knew she would get some peace and quiet. It seemed silly that she was this worried about schoolwork so early into the year, but she didn't want to get behind like she had the previous semester. Granted, she had other things going on that had preoccupied her mind for most of the year, and every once in awhile she still felt the twinges of hurt that had encompassed her. But she had taken the summer to think through things and deal with her inner demons, and had come out for the better. She had vowed to start this new year fresh, and so she was. She held about her a new disposition of peace and content, and she looked forward to what this year held.

As she passed by the fireplace, she was ripped from her thoughts as her foot caught on the large throw rug that rested there. She was immediately thrown off balance, tumbling into the nearest armchair that sat in the group in front of the fire. Unfortunately, that chair was already occupied and Kaera found herself gracing the lap of a boy who had been sleeping soundly in the warmth of the fire. A deep blush immediately enflamed her cheeks as she scrambled to her feet and off of the boy. "I'm so sorry! Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" She stood looking at him, wanting only to shrivel up and disappear. That'll teach me to pay better attention...

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 am
User Image

mood ► Emberassed.

thought ► ...

Lennox had been quite sound asleep until a body layed itself upon his lap. His body leapt up in a jolt, and his head moving about, wondering who or what had just fallen on him. His eyes drooped slightly as he turned his attention to the body in front of him. It took a moment for him to adjust the light fixture of the room. He took a moment to rub his eyes and looked up at the Hufflepuff with those sterling grey eyes of his.

Even though the room was dim, Lennox couldn't help but keep a squint as he adjusted himself from the armchair.
"Um, it's fine. I needed a waking up anyway," He gave a sheepish smile to Kaer, hoping to ease the tension. It probably didn't work. Not with that awkward smile of his.

He took the moment of silence to gaze upon the girl, Kaera. She seemed somewhat older than him. Probably a third or fourth year based on deductive reasoning. It was most peculiar to find someone with a unnatural hair color as hers. Blue or teal. Perhaps even aquamarine. Well whatever the color, it was most peculiar.

When he found that his presence had been mostly gazing at her, he looked away, his drasted ears bursting up in flames. He didn't mean to stare. Honest to god he didn't. But that can't deny the fact of how interesting she seemed. Was it just a coincidence that she fell upon his lap?

Wasn't it usually the other way around? Wait. What on earth was he thinking? This wasn't some fairytale where someone is bound to happily ever afters. Those were exactly what they were. Fairytales. Make believes. Something that couldn't possibly happen in the real world.

Being a young age made him hopeful though. While he may not be looking to her as his princess to forever be with under the moonlight, perhaps it was more understandable to be acquianted and be friends first? Friends. Lennox had pondered on the thought. First day of classes was nearly over and he had yet to befriend someone.

The thought depressed him deeply. It wasn't the other students fault though. He just made himself unapproachable. Not that he wanted to.

Amidst his mid life fantasies, he stole another look at her.
"My name is Lennox Galvani. Sorry, did I take your spot? I'll move out of it if it is..." Lennox got up in haste and retrieved his bag. He sighed. What would a girl like her be friends with him for? He argued in his head whether to stay or just go up to the dormitories. Part of him wanted to stay but the other wanted to stay clear from another moment of embarrasment.

User Image

Unknown Apothecary

Rechosia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 am
User ImageUser Image

Kaera watched as the boy got up from the chair, fearful of what he would say to her. Would he call her a clutz? Would he be angry? He looked towards her, and relief spread over her as he reassured her it was okay. Then he smiled, and something in Kaera stirred. It was then that she actually took the time to look at him. He was definitely cute, though he seemed a bit younger than her. From the way he was acting Kaera assumed he was a first year. But even so, he was certainly attractive. His cool, grey eyes on her made her blush even more, though she couldn't help but return his smile with one of her own.

After a moment he looked away, and Kaera could tell he was thinking about something. This worried her. He probably thought she was weird, or rude, or something else bad. Her gaze fell to the ground, her cheeks flaming as she quietly sighed to herself. He wouldn't like her. He couldn't. Even if he did, he would find out about what she had been dealing with and not want to have anything to do with her. It was silly how easily she fell back into that state of mind, but she couldn't help it. Even with all that she had accomplished during the summer, the hurt was still there. She supposed it was something that only time could heal.

His voice brought her out of her reverie. She looked back up at him. "No! No, you didn't. I tripped, I'm sorry. You don't have to move." It was then that she realized what an odd situation it was. Why was he in the common room alone, sleeping, on the first day of classes? Normally the first years would be out and about with their new friends exploring the castle and having a grand time. That was assuming he was a first year. She decided to find out for sure, because she didn't want to be making assumptions about him that were incorrect. "So, I'm sorry if this seems random but what year are you?"

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:58 am
User Image

mood ► Emberassed.

thought ► ...

Looking at Kaera blush made his own face flush red. Lennox didn't know why. Watching people make themselves uncomfortable didn't really ease his mood a bit. It was already awkward enough ats it is. This scenario they were in. They were the only two people in the common room, a majority of people exploring the grounds or enjoying the fine day in which they set foot back at Hogwarts. While the thought of exploring the grounds did intruige him, he didn't want to lose his way and be late for class. There was no one he could walk with so that was out of the question. What if he ended up somewhere forbidden? He would have no clue and would get caught by a caretaker and probably have points deducted.

When Kaera had stated that she had merely tripped made him blush even more. He didn't know why. It just flushed so often that he sometimes hated his easily embarassed trait. Sometimes to the point of wanting to die just so that they don't see his face. Hesitant, Lennox decided to stay with the girl and placed his bag next to the armchair again. Taking a seat, the boy motioned his hand to the other chair that was opposite of him. It wasn't his to offer but he wouldn't want to be the only one standing. That would prove more awkward than it already was.

Lennox was a bit taken back by the question she posed. It should be obvious should it not? A lost looking boy taking a nap in the common room. Surely a first year. But while he thought about it, he guessed not. Someone who would be sleeping on the first day of classes would probably some sixth or seventh year who had seen the grounds of Hogwarts all too much to be taking a stroll on the first day. Noticing that he hadn't answered her, he replied,
"Oh...um me? I'm a first year.." He looked down at his fingers that were fiddling with one another.

The boy took notice that he had no idea who she was still. She didn't say her name like he had expected to when he introduced himself but didn't push it. A girl like her probably wouldn't want to tell her name to the likes of him. Then he remembered something that another student had told him during the feast. The best friends you could ever have. Was that really true? Lennox had some doubt on the idea. Perhaps it could be put to the test with this girl seeing as there were no other first years in the house.

The new target. Alright, putting it in less harsher words. A new friend. A smile crept up on his face as he thought about it. The boy had forgotten that the very girl he was thinking of was still in his presence. Lennox looked back up to look at her. What year could she possibly be in?

User Image

Unknown Apothecary

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:46 pm
User Image
I think I'm living a dream come true,

whenever I am with you...

Austin walked into the common room chewing on a chocolate frog. He was shuffling through the new cards he had found for his collection. He now had Albus Dumbledore, Hermione Granger, and Kingsleigh Shacklebolt to add to his collection. "If only I could find a Harry Potter" he mumbled to himself.

The music within me

Will let you know what I feel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 pm
User Image

The ghosts of my future:

That which dances through my mind:

Swirling withinn me:

Yuan walked into the common room looking a little distant. Sometimes it seemed as though if he let his mind wander at all nowadays that some form of a vision slipped to him. It bothered him to no end. He'd even started asking Xenos to shake him if he got too zoney. But there wasn't much he could do. His power was growing and all he could do was hold on tight.

When he looked up he spotted Austin right away and smiled a little. He hadn't got a chance to really talk to the boy alot latly and planned to change that. A small chuckle left him when he heard him express a desire for the Harry Potter card. "So you collect chocolate frog cards? I didn't know that." He said coming next to him as he looped an arm around his shoulder.

Those who do not look forward...

remain behind.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:18 pm
User Image

Austin jumped and dropped the cards. "Y-Yuan!" he stuttered, blushing brightly. "I-I didn't see y-you" He said. "H-how are you?" the second year asked as he scrambled for the cards across the floor.

The music within me

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:01 pm
User Image

The ghosts of my future:

That which dances through my mind:

Swirling withinn me:

A grin spread across Yuan's face at the other boy's startlement. He was so jumpy. "Well you would've had to either been a seer like me and foresaw it or have eyes int he back of your head. I just came in behind you. The older teen said bending over to help the other pick up his stray cards.

"I am doing well. Just escaped Xenos's O.W.L.s study session. That boy needs to loosen up. If he's gunna be this way for these tests I'd hate to see him for N.E.W.T.s." Yuan said with a sigh. Holding out the cards he had picked up he held them out to Austin. "How about you?"

remain behind.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:14 pm
User Image

Austin smiled slightly, "I g-guess I should pay more a-attention then" he said. He took his cards and looked up at Yuan. "I was trying to write a song again...." the second year said blushing. "What are O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s?" he asked deciding to change the subject.

The music within me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:32 pm
User Image

The ghosts of my future: Austin

That which dances through my mind: Bleh Tests

Swirling withinn me: Content

"I still haven't heard your first one yet, silly. You'll have to play sometime for me." He said with a smile. Streaching a little till his back popped Yuan sighed a little at the thought of the tests. "Ordinary Wizarding Levels, also known as O.W.L.s. They're basic tests to get basic levels of apporval for practically any job you might be interested. If you fail the test then you can't go on in that subject. So say you fail the DADA one. That means you can't continue in that course and if you want to be....say an Auror like my dad then you are S.O.L." He explained as best as he could. The Seer didn't like thte thought of failing any of the courses. That was why he put up with Xenos's crazy study schduel.

"As for N.E.W.T.s they are the Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test. You desperatly need these to get some jobs. The O.W.L.s get you into the N.E.W.T. level classes that you have to have. My father had to have five of them with at least and Exceeds in order to be an Auror. I have no clue what I want to do with my life so I figure get as many as I can so I have my bases covered." Yuan finished explaining with a smile. Truly he had no clue what he was going to do after school. Maybe he could do something with his power as a seer. Who know?

remain behind.

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:07 pm
User Image

Austin looked up at Yuan. "But this time it actually sounds good" he said. He listened to the 5th years explanation of O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s. "They sound k-kinda troublesome" the second year said. "But I guess I'll have to take them someday as well" The blue eyed boy sighed. "I I always wanted to do s-something with music" he shrugged "I've n-no clue what though" he said.

The music within me

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:00 pm
User Image

User Image

The ghosts of my future: Grog

That which dances through my mind: Just let me know who you are

Swirling within me: Content

Yuan sat quietly in his favorite chair by the fireplace. Dark hair fell into the peaceful face and his uniform was lightly rumpled thanks to his pet. His eyes were closed at the moment and Grog was curled up on his lap. The Seer stroked the soft feathers lightly as he let his mind run across the visions he'd had over the summer. Again that boy had come into his visions. Again his face alluded him. Curse it all.

Thankfully though the visions he had of Xenos and Dante had gone the way he hoped and the two were safely here and not in Azkaban. The nutters. Grog croaked at him as he rolled onto his belly for a scratch there. Yuan laughed lightly and obliged, his sapphire eyes opening a bit as he smiled. "I'm about to have company silly one. What will you do then when Austin comes?" He asked the thing softly even though he knew he wouldn't answer.

For you see, each day I love you more.

...Today more than yesterday...

...and less than tomorrow

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:49 pm
User Image
User Image
MAGIC IS MY STRENGTH POWER IS MY WEAKNESS
User Image
Bailey's walk was nearing a skip as she lead the large group of Hufflepuff first years down a long hallway, passing the door to the kitchens with a smile. Less than a dozen steps further, she stopped dead in her tracks. Hearing a few whispered murmurs from the crowd behind her, she smirked lightly and turned on her heel to the right, staring into the portrait of a fruit bowl. One more step forward, and she spoke in a loud, crisp voice - loud enough for every new student to hear. "Dirty Apparatus!" A small click and the moving of the portrait revealed a large passageway. Before entering, she hollered over her shoulder, "Don't forget the password, or this will be your last visit to the common room!"

With a small giggle, Bailey stepped through the passage and into the open common room, taking in the roaring fire with a naturally happy facade. Stepping to the side to open up the view, she allowed the first year a few moments to take in their surroundings before pointing out a few main structures. "Welcome home, guys! If you would all notice those two round doors over there against the opposite wall - those are the dormitories, or more simply, your sleeping quarters. Boys to the left, girls to the right. This will be where you spend a majority of your spare time over the course of your stay here, so don't be shy, take a look around. You'll find that your luggage has already been moved into your dorms, so consider yourself worry-free for the rest of the night!" Bailey pushed her thin lips into a another full smile before plopping herself into one of the large yellow arm chairs next to the fire, her eyes seeking out her boyfriend in the group of students that continued to file into the room.

User Image
User Image

Hufflepuff Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games