Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 pm
User Image
Jack's laughter pleased Evelyn, not only because it meant that either he thought she was funny, or that he planned on pretending so, but because it sent another wave of goosebumps to her soft, lightly tanned skin. "Hm." She pondered shortly, trying to decide where she would like to go. "I don't think I have a specific place in mind...but I do enjoy surprises." She winked at the man with a warm smile, allowing herself to take another drink of firewhiskey.
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 am
Benjamin Miller
~Mind Magic~
~Graduate of Salem, Pheonix House~
~Current house affiliation: Syltherin~

User Image
MOOD: Exausted, Hungry, Enraged
Reason: Traveling, Setting up office, Walking into the Great Hall to find two of "his" students being beaten by a horrible excuse for teacher.

Ben looked across the staff table. While his origional purpose was to find a seat, he couldn't help but notice that many of the teachers seemed to be more then a little friendly tonight. "Great, Salem all over again. Except this time, it' the teachers and not the students." He finally made up his mind, and moved to sit next to another new teacher. She was sitting on the far end of the staff table and reading a book that looked at least a century and a half older then he was. "Good evening," He sat and began to fill his plate with an assortment of the food in front of him. "how's the book?"

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm
User Image
User Image

нεявσℓσgy

User Image

User Image

Eraz returned to the hall pondering what he had just seen, and the role he had played. For now though, he shelved that issue as it was not something he would have to worry about. Instead he sank down into the seat next to Avalon and flashed her a tired smile before dropping his head to the table and lifting it up, only to drop it again. Several times he repeated this action, before sitting back and staring up at the ceiling again. Then in a decision to get his mind OFF of the previous chain of incidents, he returned to talking to Avalon.

"So Miss Avalon. Is there any part of the World Studies that particularly interests you?" Maybe he would be able to find a topic that they held in common, one they could talk about further. That would be a relief - finding such a conversation topic would give him an excuse to visit her in her offices or in her classrooms when they had some free time. And she might even enjoy spending that time if that was the case.
As he spoke he realized that she was having trouble keep her hair out of her food as she tried eating. He blinked once then rummaged in one of his pockets before pulling out a slender green vine that started to swell and wrap around his finger. The Herbologist snorted and grabbed his staff with his other hand and cast a couple of charms on the cutting of plant. Then he took the slightly elongated piece of vine and tied the two ends together, giving a simple loop.

"And here, this should help, a hair-tie for those lovely locks of yours. Don't worry, I've negated the magic and energy of this plant, it won't be doing any more growing." He offered Avalon the hair-twist.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

{{Out Of Curiosity: Well that's great to hear Miss Violet!}}  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:48 pm
Isadora
Llewellyn

User Image
Mood: Distracted
Thoughts: "When the eventful struggle made by the Princes--hmm...?

Her eyes scanned the pages of the old book, a small smile coming to her face. Reading was just the thing that gave her the most joy. A voice broke her concentration, and she looked up, placing her hands atop the text. "It's fantastic. A collection of ancient British literature. It's really quite fascinating." She glanced at the title of the current piece she was reading, and smiled. It was a Welsh text. "This one's called The Physicians of Myddfai." She stopped, then started to laugh in that awkward fashion that she did. "I'm sorry, I'm probably boring you with all this. How are you?" She glanced to the woman at the end of the table and smiled. "And the same to you. How are both of you today?"  

xx-Shotgun-Sinners-xx

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:20 am
User Image

User Image
Jack Terran

”I’m a partier and a gambler. Even with my life…”

User Image

Jack nodded, "Alright, I'll come by your office tonight and pick you up. We'll go some place casual, so try not to dress up too much," Jack smirked at Evelyn before downing his water, slamming the glass down, and standing up, "See you later tonight, Moonlight,"

Jack made his way around the table, deliberately checking out every teacher on his way. When he reached the other side of the table, he headed for the door at the opposite end of the Great Hall that led to the Entrance Hall. The professor had work to do.

User Image

User Image

”When it comes down to it, Alchemy is the essence of life”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 pm
User Image

Ѧɣαʆϕη Ӄӌɼɨє

Professor of World Studies

What I'm thinking: This is quite possiblely the most interesting hair tie I've ever seen.

Who am I talking to:Eraz Lupinous

The Song I Can't Get Out of My Head

"Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today."

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

"Um, I really like ancient history. It helps me understand a lot. Once you see the patterns, life's not too hard to figure out now," Avalon said. She had never really thought much about it. Asking a favorite part of World Studies from Avalon was like asking what kind of candy the candy enthusiast enjoyed. There were simply too many choices. "I've been to the ruins of the Parthenon in Greece once."

The professor's curiosity rose as Eraz started fumbling around in his pocket. He pulled out a vine and Avalon wondered what in the world he was going to do with it. He started working on some sort of magic that made the once straight vine form a loop. She laughed as her offered it too her for her hair and mentioned that it won't do anymore growing. "Thank you," Avalon said as she put her hair up in a ponytail. "It won't break easy will it? Thick hair runs in my family. Makes it hard to put one's hair up." Avalon smiled at Eraz.

((Ю.Ю.Ѽ -None))  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:33 pm
User Image
User Image

нεявσℓσgy

User Image

User Image

The large man chuckled and shook his head as she answered his question, then took the hair-twist from his hand. He watched as she put her hair up into a pony-tail and nodded slightly - she looked good with her hair up.

"Not unless you actively try to break it or cut it. The plant is still alive and can repair itself, it just won't grow any longer or wider than it is right now." Eraz stood up and rolled his shoulders, causing several loud pops from the joints. The man winced at one particularly loud one before shaking his head and looking back at Avalon with a smile.
"So, if I were to ask you when the Roman style of magic, that which requires wands, became popular, would you be able to answer?"

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:02 pm
Violet Violinist
User Image

Ѧɣαʆϕη Ӄӌɼɨє

What I'm thinking: What is this? A class?

It felt so odd for her to have her hair up. She usually wore it down, but it did seem to work with keeping her hair out of her food. "Come on! That's not exactly fair!" Avalon protested. She rolled her eyes at him jokingly. she said with a bit of sarcasm.

((Ю.Ю.Ѽ -None))

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:16 pm
User Image
User Image

нεявσℓσgy

User Image

User Image

Eraz put his hands up defensively, though he was smiling widely. He let out a low chuckle and shook his head before gesturing to indicate his staff on the floor.

"Hey hey, it's just a question lovely lady. I guess you could say it was professional curiosity that prompted it - where I was trained staves were the preferred magical conduit." The Herbologist grinned again - he had seen the amusement in her eyes, and the sarcasm was a good sign - it meant that she wasn't an unthinking drone, and that her sense of humor was drier than most, which suited him just fine. Then he looked up and out at the hall and frowned.
"Well that's unpleasant. I'm sorry Miss Avalon, but it looks like tonight is over and we must go our separate ways for now. I hope to get to spend more time in the company of yourself, that is, if you don't mind?"

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:25 pm
User Image
╔══════════════════╗
Alfred Chadwick
Divinations Professor
Previous Hufflepuff
╚══════════════════╝

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•

Alfred stood and left the table, he had a long journey to his quarters in the North Tower. Besides No one had spoken to him at all during the feast. He left the great hall.

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:45 pm
User Image

Ѧɣαʆϕη Ӄӌɼɨє

What I'm thinking:Time to go already?

Avalon looked at his staff. She had wondered why he used it instead of a wand like everyone else. She actually admired the fact that he seemed to like being different than everyone else. I suppose that's fair," she said with a grin. She looked up at the almost empty hall. "Ah, it does appear to be so," Avalon said as she stood up. "And no, I wouldn't mind at all."

((Ю.Ю.Ѽ -None))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:14 pm
User Image
Evelyn held her breath as she waited for Jack's response. When he said that he'd pick her up in her office tonight, the woman almost fainted. She tried to hide her nerves by responding with a calm chuckle and a "Casual, it is." in a cool voice. As the man left the Great Hall, the only thing Eve could think of was how long she would have to wait before it would be appropriate to head back to her office, and whether or not people would stare if she decided to run. Even if it was a casual outing, Evelyn needed time to choose an outfit, straighten up her office, and make sure that Griffin hadn't ruffed up her sleeping quarters. After nearly ten minutes of idly playing with her goblet of firewhiskey, she threw back the last of it before strolling out of the hall at a steady pace.

Porcelaine Ivory

Tamwyn_the_Mage

Dangerous Informer

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm
Benjamin Miller
~Mind Magic~
~Graduate of Salem, Pheonix House~
~Current house affiliation: Syltherin~

User Image
MOOD: Exausted, Hungry, Enraged
Reason: Traveling, Setting up office, Walking into the Great Hall to find two of "his" students being beaten by a horrible excuse for teacher.

Brightening up, Ben looked to the teacher, "Not at all, I love to read, especially older books." He began to heap the food onto his plate. "I am doing much better now that that situation is over. Combine that with the smell of the roast, and life has taken a major turn for the better."

By now his plate was about to overflow with food. Pork roast, Mashed potatoes with gravy, carrots, a large piece of apple pie, two sweet rolls, a half rack of BBQ-ribs, a large side of grilled salmon, a pot of mint-green tea, and a large goblet of ice-cold cherry-coke.

He had to admit that the house elves here were amazing. Until he had sat down, the place infront of him had been empty, However, the moment his rump touched the seat, everything on his plate and more had appeared. It was as though they knew exactly what he wanted, and were simply waiting to indulge his every cullinary wish. "Gotta love house elves" he mumbled in appreciation.

As he began to devoure the heap on his plate, he realised he had not propperly introduced himself to the teachers around him. Reaching over to the two teachers nearest him, he offerd his hand and said, "Nice to meet you, I'm Benjamin Miller. But please, call me Ben."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image
Professor Anyanka Swan

Anya walked slowly from the Trophy Room towards the Great Hall, rehearsing her speech one more time to make sure she had everything ready. This was dropped in her lap following Headmistress Linda Bella's sudden departure from the school. She exhaled deeply and strode into the Great Hall, walking up to the Headmistress' Podium. She tapped her wand on the podium and the eagle spread its wings, signaling the hall to quiet. She smiled at everyone. "As some of you may know, Headmistress Bella was called away on personal business and I was left in charge in her stead. So, it is my honor to announce the winner of the House Cup for this year. First, I would like to congratulate all of our seventh year students who will be finishing this year. Your time spent here will never be forgotten and the friends you've made will stay with you for life. On to the real world you go, to face what may come your way. To everyone else finishing their year, I say have a good summer and be prepared for next year.

On to the matters of the House Cup. Many students competed for points throughout the year. There were ups and downs. Coming in last place, but never last in our hearts is Ravenclaw with 35 points. Then came Slytherin with 50 House Points. The real race was between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, who went nose to nose throughout most of the year. In the end, however, Gryffindor surpassed Hufflepuff, who only attained 120 House Points. Our winner of the House Cup this year is Gryffindor with 170 House Points. Congratulations to Gryffindor for this victory.

I wish you all a great summer and we will see you all next year."
With that, she stepped away from the podium and took her seat at the staff table.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:07 pm
User Image
Evelyn took her usual place at the staff table, resting her chin casually against her fist, which was propped up on her elbow against the table. She surveyed the hall, taking herself back to the memorable moments of the year, from teaching her fourth years the Banishing Charm, to watching Grumby light up with joy as he treated her students to an elaborate display of cupcakes.

Anya strolled past the staff table and up to the podium, where she took her place as substitute Headmistress. Eve couldn't help but clap excessively in reply to her speech, as it was very well written. Her clapping was more or less meant to congratulate the Gryffindors of Hogwarts, as well. When Anya dismissed the audience and joined them at the table, Professor Avery smiled down at her empty plate as the table top filled with various types of food.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games