Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Forbidden Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:10 am
❝I'm gonna hide my heart behind the peacock's fan, and keep my friends real close, yeah this is how it's gonna go.❞

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Why would they cause trouble with you? You haven't done anything. It's me they'd have a problem with," Zane replied, not caring that he was facing a good amount of centuars who could all force him out if they really wanted to. "I'm a monster," he whispered under his breath as he realized the full extent of what he had done. The boy still did not want to go back to the school though. They had likely figured out what happened to Erianthe by now and may have figured out where he was hiding.

Panic gripped him as he heard voices far off. They were muffled, but the thought that he could soon be found out still terrified him.

OOC: ---

❝Should I kill you with my sword, yeah? Or should I kill you with this word?❞

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:53 pm
User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

Ammar opened his mouth to reply to the wizard boy's words when the trees suddenly shivered and creaked. So quiet it was that only a trained ear in listening to them would have caught the sudden shift in the trees. Moments later, the whole forest seemed to grow quiet, knowing something lurked and moved within its very boundaries. It pierced the forest, injecting itself like a disease. The ground shifted in anticipation under Ammar's hooves.

"Serallius, Naaki, Nyurion," Ammar's eyes shifted to his companions, hoping they also felt the forest's indication of movements. His muscles tightened, as if his body was preparing itself for the onslaught of the wizard-kind. An anger boiled within the centaur at this. How dare they enter his forest? How dare they intrude where they do not belong.

"They have no right to enter this place. How dare they!" the centaur pawed the ground angrily, "Come, boy. We will meet them head-on! Friends, we will ride!" Ammar reached down for Zane, intending to grab him by the back of his shirt and hoist him onto his back.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:10 pm
❝I'm gonna hide my heart behind the peacock's fan, and keep my friends real close, yeah this is how it's gonna go.❞

User Image

What startled Zane even more than the voices was the centuar lifting him up by the back of his shirt. "What the hell! I said I'm not going back!" he protested as he was plopped upon the back the creature. He would have slid down, but he knew better than to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 pm
User Image
User Image

As the group of aurors descended deeper into the forest, a muffled sound far off to the south suddenly reached Bailey's sensitive ears. With a quiet gasp, she dug her heels into the dirt, tugging herself to a stop. At the same time, she threw a wary arm out in front of Kit to advise that he do the same, and urged the others to follow suit.

"Shhh! Do you hear that?" She asked fiercely, her words mixing together as she spoke in a rush. Slowly, she began swiveling her head in a circle to determine the direction of the sound's source, though the trees created a disorienting echoing effect.

Finally, when Bailey pinpointed which direction the sound was originating in, the noise growing much louder with every second, her chocolate brown eyes grew dangerously wide and she suddenly grew frantic as she recognized the sound of hooves falling against matted dirt.

"Centaurs! Everyone, spread out into a line! And lower your wands! They won't be happy this..." She warned them, taking a place near the center of the line. She kept her wand tightly gripped in her hand, but pointed at the ground in a non-offensive way. "Centaurs are very territorial creatures. This is their home, and in their eyes, we have no right to be here without permission. We'll want to stay as calm as possible, and speak only when addressed as not to offend them. Remember, we're only here on emergency business to find the murderer. If Hogwarts is in danger, they should be relatively understanding." Bailey nodded gently as she spoke, keeping her eyes trained on the spot where the noise was loudest as she filled in the others who may not have been as acquainted with centaurs. Having spent so much time in the forest as a student, she knew perhaps too much about the majestic creatures.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:28 pm
User Image
Kit Maximas

Transfer Auror from the U.S.

The arrival of the extra Aurors was a comforting sight as the larger number meant they could now suppress and contain both boys should they prove to be allied or engaged in combat themselves. However now with the larger force also meant the element of stealth would likely be lost but with the target being a child there was room for losing the silence advantage as there was a chance for an inexperienced error being made giving the child's position away.

As Bailey spoke the American wizard found himself surprised at her tone and uses of terminology. He understood her words clearly and with a small smirk as well. Knowing there was at least one other in the ranks who could likely understand complex orders and ideas Kit almost felt like he was back home. It was her last statement that brought the large man up and turning his own ears to the tree line. The pounding of hoof to dirt was unmistakable and before Bailey could give the word Kit had spun his wand forward, then backwards and then slid it effortlessly back into its sheath. A practiced move the soldier had found enjoyable at times.

As the Aurors followed Bailey's orders Kit took a step forward and kept his shoulders tight and head held straight towards the sound of the oncoming cavalry. He had read about the centaurs of the Hogwarts woods, he had been fortunate to encounter one years ago, but that one was hardly a standard for its breed. However Kit knew of the pride and honor the centaurs held and he respected that and so would make sure to give his respect in turn. Kit would not draw his wand against a centaur, for they were creatures that did not need magic to fight and for that Kit respected them even more. Oddly enough a small part of Kit found himself excited to meet a true centaur and find out where he stood in its eyes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:09 pm
User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Serallius didn't expect to be asked to join the centaurs. But, of course, why not? The centaur had been alone for a long time and it was about time to pledge his alliance to a herd. He bowed his head slightly to show that he accepted to join them.

But when Ammar seemed to be agitated by the presence of a couple wizards, Serallius was a tiny bit confused. He thought the leader was slightly overreacting a little, but then again, he didn't know the past between the centaurs and wizards: He had been wandering the forest alone and out of contact from many creatures.

He trotted behind the group, fast enough to keep up, but slow enough to not harm any plants his hooves land on. At least, he hopped he didn't harm them.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:25 pm
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Just surpassing under the shadows of the tree line, Remington found himself at the very edge of the Forbidden Forest and immediately began to wander in. Plunging deep the in depths of the forest, the vague though of the feisty blonde had spurred through his mind and a smirk spread across his lips with ominous ease. Would she already be here, or had he beaten her?

From his years within Hogwarts, he had always dived into the forest after hours, oft times with Cora—maybe even Krina, when her claws had sunken in his flesh and left him—defenseless. But the very first trauma inflicted within this school he had glided and weaved through the trees like a howling breeze headfirst into the forest, running straight and straight until he collapsed. So, with his wand drawn, he glided deeper and deeper, ears pricked and eyes vigil.

Wha—, the thought spurred before his lips could ever react. Earth pounded, hooves, echoing all around distorted by the trees. Centaurs?

╔══════════════╗
Location: Slithering from dungeons entering the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest
╚══════════════╝

I'm not a hero but don't think I didn't care

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 pm
User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

The centaur neither listened to Zane's protests nor waited for his comrades to accompany him as he lunged his body into the forest's belly. The greenery around him thickened, barred his way in some places and opened up in others. The branches of the ancient trees nicked him all over his body, causing some scratches and making him look fiercer than ever. When it seemed that they would possibly be lost forever in the dark of the Forbidden Forest, Ammar darted to the left and jumped over a fallen log decaying upon the ground. His hooves echoed around him as their surroundings gave way to a clearing, light pouring over them and their path.

The trees told him where to go and he followed obediently, knowing that they only wanted intruders to be gone as much as he did. They told him that they were getting close. They were wizards who had wands at the ready for him. He doubted they'd be ready for a centaur like him, however.

"Hold on," Ammar grunted to Zane as they charged through yet another patch of heavy forest. He wasn't even sure that his fellow centaurs were following, Ammar was so focused on getting through the forest and his own pounding hooves and heartbeat. He kept thinking about his rage of intruding wizards in this part of the forest, which only egged him on further.

The next thing he realized was that he had leaped through the last wall of the forest with a roar, his muscles covered in sweat and cuts, looking down at the wizards who threatened the sanctity of the forest with a furious stare. He landed, a few meters from the wizards, turning to run at them if they didn't talk fast enough.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:37 pm
User Image
Kit Maximas

Transfer Auror from the U.S.

The centaur that broke through the forest line was impressive indeed and held himself like Kit expected of such a creature. Kit remained standing and made sure his hands were visible and not showing of his wand. This was one of the few rare occasions were magic could not win you any favors or help you gain trust. With that Kit kept his wits about him and watched for any signs of being surrounded, something he was sure was already happening whether he could sense it or not. The American wizard could also see a small form on the back of the large centaur and found himself truly curious as to the reasoning behind the act. With a nod to the centaur Kit knew he would need to make each word count.

"Guardian of the forest we apologize for having intruded, we are simply seeking a human who fled into the forest. We wish to retrieve him before he causes either of our species any harm. We will depart the forest as soon as we have the human boy and make no action against you are this forest."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 pm

User Image

Zane felt nauseated by the speed of the centaur. He didn't like moving as fast as he was. The forest around him blurred into one shade of an unknown color. Branches lashed out in fury at the fugitive, causing him to wince. Zane was about to protest more, or call out an insult at the creature that was carrying him, except he soon felt the feeling of flying through the air. When the pair landed with such force that caused the boy to go crashing into the centaur's torso, Zane groaned a bit before realizing that there was another wizard in front of them. Zane tried to hide behind Ammar and to stay as quiet as he could, but he couldn't help thinking that he would have to face the consequences for what he had done.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:20 pm
User Image
☾ Serallius ☽
A roaming centaur...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

Th silent pounding of Ser's hooves into the earth below him sent echoes into the ground that may have shook the creatures inhabiting nearby. He tried to make his presence unknown, but he had to keep up with the herd.

Serallius felt power rushing to his muscles as he flew through the forest. How long has it been since he last ran like this? A couple weeks? Maybe even a month of two? But the wind brushing against his body, whispering secrets into his ear felt like Mother Earth gave him a blessing. He ran faster and faster, loving the freedom, loving the forest.

His dash slowly changed into a run, then into a jog, and finally drew into a halt as he saw Ammar lunge and stop in front of a couple wizards. He stayed a bit behind, unsure of how this will go.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Bailey instinctively gripped her wand tighter as the rumble of the approaching hooves grew increasingly louder, but after years of studying magical creatures, she knew that reaction could only bring harm to their group. Swallowing her fear, she quickly tucked her only weapon under the waistband of her jeans and covered it with her shirt and burgundy-colored cloak.

Taking a deep breath, she placed her arms at her sides with her hands limp and relaxed to show that she was not proposing a threat of any sort. Before she could come up with something to say to keep the centaurs from ruining their search, a pair of massive, magnificent beasts burst through the gates of flora that towered several meters before them. Clenching her jaw, Bailey kept quiet as Kit jumped to protect their case, and she nodded along with him, her hands now up in a posture that showed that the group of aurors meant them no harm.

”Yes, friends. There's been a gruesome crime committed in the castle of Hogwarts, and it's our duty to keep the students safe from further harm, and the grounds and forest free of danger,” she told them urgently, speaking as quickly as possible without being disrespectful. After a short breath, she elaborated her explanation to include a casual request for permission. ”Dear centaur," she continued, this time addressing the dominant creature directly. " a young girl was killed tonight, and we ask that you be understanding of our reason for trespassing into your territory. Have you seen the murderer? A boy—no older than thirteen or fourteen years of age?” The plains of Bailey's face, and the nerves, worry, and fear that walked them, made it clear that her words were not false. She let her eyes dance from beast to beast, silently pleading with them for help and understanding.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:54 am
Lux the Centaur
CURRENT LOCATION // The edge of the Forbidden Forest
CURRENTLY WITH // No one
CURRENTLY FEELING // Intrigued
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'I wonder what this year's new students will be like...'
═════════════════════════════════

User Image

Lux traveled from the hollow where he made his home to the edge of the forest, intending to watch as the students arrived. He watched the older students arrive and enter with little interest, not really caring much. He'd not met any of those students, hadn't met any students in almost a full decade. What he was interested in was the first years. Lux didn't care for meeting older students; he was afraid of any wizard old enough to be called a man, young or not. He was almost as cautious of young women, though he generally was more trusting of the fairer sex. Still, the children were the ones he was interested in. Perhaps, this year, one would come. It didn't happen often, but every few years, an abnormally brave first or second year would enter the forest, and Lux would wait, and watch. Sometimes that was all he did; but, if the student was particularly interesting, if they did anything that drew his interest, sometimes, he would appear to them, speak to them. Most were afraid, of course, and he rarely saw them again, and if he did, only once or twice. But, there had been one, not too long ago, who had befriended the centaur, returning to the forest, even managing to track him to his hollow, and had returned constantly throughout her years at Hogwarts. Since then, he'd wondered if such a child would ever come again. She'd been brave, and outspoken, but wise beyond her young years in some ways, and frightfully young in others. The puzzle of her had intrigued him, and he longed to meet such a child again. He had no hope that a child who was exactly like her would come to his forest, but he thought that perhaps some other child would be just as interesting in their own way, and would enjoy his company as much as he enjoyed theirs, and had enjoyed hers. 'Perhaps this will be the year...' In truth, he'd grown rather lonely of late, wishing for some form of companionship. But, the other centaurs in the forest had no love for him, wouldn't tolerate his unnatural fascination with the magical folk who inhabited the castle. And he would never trust an adult witch or wizard again, not one he hadn't known from childhood, as he had Amata. So, he waited, silently watching, hoping that perhaps one child, just one, would be brave enough to venture into his forest again.

═════════════════════════════════

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:38 pm
User Image

Regret ☂ Owens
Divinations Professor

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

Regret ran and ran, out of breath. But where to go? The forest was a foreign land to him. He didn't know where to go or what paths to take, but somehow, his legs took him somewhere familiar. This... This place!

He stopped to take catch his breath, his heart thumping against his chest could explode at any moment. He huffed and puffed, unsure of what to do or where to go. Go back and repent? Stay in forest and potentially die? He straightened his back and looked around. This place... he reminisced. Is such an awful place, a voice, his sister, echoed. You coward.

Regret smirked at the sky. "But I'm more powerful than before," he said, confident, unwavering.

✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖

ndure through the pain, to be rewarded with a gain.

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games