Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Woke up on the right side of the bed
What's up with this Prince song inside my head?
Hands up if you're down to get down tonight
Cuz it's always a good time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥Single | Status: ☺ | ♫ Musically Inclined | ♀♂ Unknown Origins | Lionel

Tobi walked out onto the Quidditch field nervous as bloody two day old calf. He knew Heather was going to be there, being Vice Captain and a beater, and she was nice but what of the others? What if they didn't like a first year attempting to try out for their team? And to be honest did he really need to? He'd already gotten a family, was going to a magical school (literally), and learning new and possibly impossible things every day! Did he really need a magical sport added to his possible overload of karma? Well he couldn't turn back now, he was already here and watching an older student play with a football carelessly and easily doing tricks. Did they play that here too? Well that was a sport he knew he wouldn't try out for! When he finally breached their tiny circle Tobi sent a small nervous grin over to Heather while picking up one of the school brooms. "I'm here to try out for Quidditch, that ok?" he asked her hoping her answer was a positive one.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing
[OOC:]

Good morning and good night
I'll end up at twilight
It's gonna be alright
We don't even have to try
It's always a good time

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:18 pm
User Image

Hufflepuff|3rd year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

"Alright," he said, doing a few more tricks. He showed her a rainbow flick and then kicked the ball up and landed it on the back of his neck and rolled it down his arm to his hand. He then kicked the ball into her hands.

"Alright, now you try," he smirked at her, smiling at her again.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:28 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne
Fourteen: Hufflepuff Seeker

Ariana ducked her head out of the way with a shriek when the ball flew over to her. Since her hands were in a defense position in front of her head, the ball landed into them perfectly. Thank god for Steele's passing. "Erm, I don't think I can do that," she admitted, her eyes focused on the ball in her grasp.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:58 pm
User Image

Hufflepuff|4th year|Muggle-Born|Single

"Here," he said, going behind her and taking her arms in his hands. "All you gotta do is drop it straight down and hit it back up with this part of your foot," he said, touching the tops of her laces with his foot. He didn't realize how awkward this must seem for all the others watching.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:08 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne

Ariana's heart began beating faster when she felt Steele's hands and fingers wrap around her arms. Her eyes narrowed onto her foot to see what part she was spposed to kick with. "Okay," she said before biting her bottom lip lightly. About a second later, she let gravity take over the ball before kicking the ball. The redhead flipped her head up to watch the ball as it flew at an angle. "Oops," she said, turning to look at Steele.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 pm
User Image

Hufflepuff4th year|Muggle-Born|Single

Steele watched as it went out on an angle. He was able to rush over to it and keep it up. He was surprised he got that. It was a stretch, but if it impressed her, he would do it.

"Here, let me try something. Lift your leg when I do. Keep your feet pointed," he said, going behind her again. He put his foot at the back of hers the grabbed her arms again.

"Now you are only going to use your right foot now," he said, having her drop the ball down in front of her. As the ball fell he lifted her foot with his, hoping she had her toe pointed.

Steele was able to keep it up with her foot about five times and then dropped it. "See, you got five," he said, winking at her. She got it at least...the concept that is.

"

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:40 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne

Ariana smiled sincerely as she watched Steele run after the ball. "I'm sorry!" she yelled after him as he caught the ball quickly. "You're fast!" she exclaimed, watching the boy approach her. Yet again, he stood against her in an attempt to teach her how to kick the football properly. The redhead pointed the toes on her right foot just as Steele instructed, and when the ball was released, her leg shot up, and she kicked it against a post. After five perfect kicks, she turned to look at her friend. "You're a good teacher."

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℱourth ϒearℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater ℋalf~ℬlood
Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather looked over at Jane and Ari as they said hello. She offered a small wave to them as William and Steele showed up. Her fellow fourth year was kicking a ball around with Ariana, and Heather sighed, glaring in their general direction. "Seriously, guys? This is Quidditch try-outs, not a playdate at the park. Focus." After three straight years on the team, one would think those two had a little bit more sense, but apparently they didn't. As Tobi made his appearance with a nervous smile at her, as well as a question, she walked over to him, put a hand on his shoulder, and tried to smile. "Of course, Tobi. Anyone can try out. Older students have top priority over the younger ones, however, but just do your best and I'm sure you'll do great." Turning back around, she stood by the small table of quills, looking out at the other students that bothered to show up. "Has anyone seen Dhyl?... Oh well. We'll have to start without him... Alright then. Umm, hi everyone. I wanted to tell you all that I'm, umm, well I'm your Captain this year. William has important matters on his mind at the moment, but will still be serving as my Vice Captain. So... Let's get started, huh? Everyone fill one of these out, then we'll get in the air and have some fun, okay?" She tried her best to sound confident, raising her voice up so she could be easily heard. Setting the forms on the table beside her, she picked up a quill and filled one out for herself.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Year:[/b]
[b]Advanced Flying I:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Advanced Flying II:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]Years of Previous Quidditch playing:[/b] (0-6)
[b]Any Special Skill:[/b] (max of 3)
[b]First Choice Position:[/b]
[b]Second Choice Position:[/b]

Username: heather030595
Character's Name: Heather Hawthorn
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 4th
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Keeper

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:22 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne

Ariana turned her head to look at Heather with an apologetic look. "I'm sorry!" she yelled in a tone that sounded more angry than actually sorry. The girl straightened up before walking over to pick up a quill and form for herself and Steele. Once she got them, she skipped back over to the boy. "Here you go," she said and handed him the supplies.

Username: kiska166
Character's Name: Ariana Hawthorne
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Any Special Skill: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Chaser..?

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:34 pm
Woke up on the right side of the bed
What's up with this Prince song inside my head?
Hands up if you're down to get down tonight
Cuz it's always a good time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
♥Single | Status: ☺ | ♫ Musically Inclined | ♀♂ Unknown Origins | Lionel

Tobi snickered as Heather barked over at the two older years who were "subtlety" flirting over football. When she came over to him with words of encouragement they calmed his nerves enough for him to smile confidently back. He listened intently and as soon as she herself was done with a form he went over to the table to grab one to fill out.

Username: Yukina101
Character's Name: Tobi Fallrein
Year: 1
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: A few months
Any Special Skill: Deft Dodger and Natural Flyer
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Beater

Wearing
[OOC:]

Good morning and good night
I'll end up at twilight
It's gonna be alright
We don't even have to try
It's always a good time

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Will smiled at them as he was introduced and he waved as well. He then turned to the First year, waved, and nodded again. "William Cloud, Sixth year prefect," he said aloud. He watched as Ariana and Steele had defended themselves. He laughed to himself for a bit. That's how Will and Belle had their beginnings. Those kind of actions. But he did know that Ariana was with Katrina...and Steele was with Mel. What the heck were they doing? If he ever did that with another girl, Belle would have his head. Of course, Belle would kill him if he did quite a few things. She wasn't controlling though fortunately. As everyone filled everything out, he pulled Heather aside for a minute.

"Stop saying uhm. Uhm is the word of indecision. Be more confident with yourself. You are doing great Heather. And you are a great player as well," he told her, smiling at her. She really was a great player. Of course, everyone needed some work, even Will himself. He was glad that Heather was starting to get comfortable with her position. That's exactly what he wanted her to do.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

Username: Bug430
Character's Name: William Anthony Cloud
Year: 6th
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 5
Any Special Skill: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Don't have one  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm
User Image

Hufflepuff|3rd year|Muggle-Born|Single

Steele was having fun, then Heather yelled at them. It was alright. That was definitely worth it. "Fine," he said, just taking it. He wanted to defend himself, but to be honest, he was happy enough not to. Ariana, to be honest, was the only reason he was still playing Quidditch. He was horribly, but of course, he kept playing. So, he took the paper and started filling it out.

Will I ever be the same?

Username: Bug430
Character's Name: Steele Thompson III
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Any Special Skill: Great Catch, Hold the Line, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Keeper
Second Choice Position: I don't even know  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:37 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne

Ariana handed her form to Heather before returning to Steele. She picked her broom up off the ground and mounted it; however, she did not take off just yet.

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:58 pm
User Image
ℋeather ℋawthorn

ℱourth ϒearℋufflepuff ℭaptain and ℬeater ℋalf~ℬlood
Heather and Dhylan
Sehza
User Image
ℋeather was taken aside by William as she was collecting the forms. He gave her a word of advice and a word of encouragement. She only nodded. "Okay. I'll try. And, thanks. It means a lot." She returned to the table and read through the forms that had been turned in. All but one were returning players, which would make things easier for her. "Alright then. Time to fly. Ari, I'll release the Snitch, and you do what you do: catch it. Steele, you get to the goals and be ready to block some shots. Will and Tobi, you two are gonna be fighting for the Quaffle, at least until Dhylan gets here. Try to steal from each other and score some goals. I'll be up there with Jane, playing with the bludgers. I'll be keeping an eye on you all, but just do your best and try your hardest and I'm sure you'll all do great. Okay? Let's go." After her mini speech, Heather opened the box she had carried out onto the pitch, releasing the Snitch and then the bludgers. The Quaffle in hand, she walked to the center of the pitch. Once everyone was in the air, she threw the scarlet ball up into the air. "Game on!"
User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 pm
User Image

Ariana Hawthorne

Ariana nodded her head towards Heather and flew into the air, waiting for the snitch to be released. As soon as she was aware that the gold ball was flying around somewhere instead of being locked in its box, she began her search.

Armour Class: +16
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +6) (catching snitch +6)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 20
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Spot: 19+
Catch: 20+

§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.
wearing

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games