Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:42 pm
MelancholyPoet
Hello everyone. I joined this guild to ask questions about Christianity. I'm in the Bible belt so I probably have a negative idea of Christianity, but I'm hoping that can be resolved.

I am melancholy and a very deep thinker and can see beauty in living and dead things. Also, I love looking at "weird" art. It's fun for me biggrin

Well, if y'all want to know anything, just send me a message or quote me/

Hello, and welcome! I am glad you decided to join us.
We would be happy to attempt to answer any question you have. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:46 pm
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet
Hello everyone. I joined this guild to ask questions about Christianity. I'm in the Bible belt so I probably have a negative idea of Christianity, but I'm hoping that can be resolved.

I am melancholy and a very deep thinker and can see beauty in living and dead things. Also, I love looking at "weird" art. It's fun for me biggrin

Thanks.
Well, I guess my first question would be, what does the Bible say about all the non-Christians but specifically the Jews and Muslims who reject Jesus? Like would they be going to Hell?  

MelancholyPoet

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:55 pm
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet

Thanks.
Well, I guess my first question would be, what does the Bible say about all the non-Christians but specifically the Jews and Muslims who reject Jesus? Like would they be going to Hell?

Generally Christians believe that belief in Jesus is the only way to please God, and that Jesus is the way and the life.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

We believe that those who reject Jesus, reject life itself and end up in Hell after their death. We take no pleasure in this and it is our mission given to us by Jesus to warn people what will happen if they reject Christ, and we were instructed by Jesus to tell people about the gospel.

Muslims and Jews both reject the Messiah. The Muslims believed he was nothing more than a prophet, and even so a prophet below Muhammad, the Jews did not recognize him for who he was, and subsequently still wait for his first appearance when we know that when he comes back it will be his second coming (The second time He's on earth), and in a completely different capacity. The first time he came to save the world with his sacrifice:

John 12:47
For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

But there will be a future time when He comes back, in all his glory. Everyone will see him, and know who he is:

Revelation 1:7
"Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen.

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

At the Last Judgment, believers in Christ are assured that their names are recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life and that they have nothing to fear. The Lamb, of course, is Jesus Christ (John 1:29), who was sacrificed for the sins of the world. Unbelievers, however, will be judged on their own works, and no matter how good those works were, they cannot earn that person salvation:

Revelation 20:15
Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

TLDR? Those that reject Jesus, reject life itself. Because all things were made through and for him, and He is life himself. It sounds hard and unfair that there is only one option, but in all fairness, God provided us with a way out when we had not made ourselves deserving of one at all, and it was a perfect way. It is not God's fault that man wants to make his own road which is inferior and doesn't cut it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:52 am
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet

Thanks.

Generally Christians believe that belief in Jesus is the only way to please God, and that Jesus is the way and the life.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

We believe that those who reject Jesus, reject life itself and end up in Hell after their death. We take no pleasure in this and it is our mission given to us by Jesus to warn people what will happen if they reject Christ, and we were instructed by Jesus to tell people about the gospel.

Muslims and Jews both reject the Messiah. The Muslims believed he was nothing more than a prophet, and even so a prophet below Muhammad, the Jews did not recognize him for who he was, and subsequently still wait for his first appearance when we know that when he comes back it will be his second coming (The second time He's on earth), and in a completely different capacity. The first time he came to save the world with his sacrifice:

But there will be a future time when He comes back, in all his glory. Everyone will see him, and know who he is:

"Look, he is coming with the clouds," and "every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth "will mourn because of him." So shall it be! Amen.

For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

At the Last Judgment, believers in Christ are assured that their names are recorded in the Lamb's Book of Life and that they have nothing to fear. The Lamb, of course, is Jesus Christ (John 1:29), who was sacrificed for the sins of the world. Unbelievers, however, will be judged on their own works, and no matter how good those works were, they cannot earn that person salvation:

Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

TLDR? Those that reject Jesus, reject life itself. Because all things were made through and for him, and He is life himself. It sounds hard and unfair that there is only one option, but in all fairness, God provided us with a way out when we had not made ourselves deserving of one at all, and it was a perfect way. It is not God's fault that man wants to make his own road which is inferior and doesn't cut it.

That was very hard for me to accept even as a Catholic. I don't like the idea that Christians say "Only we are correct and everyone is wrong." Isn't that judging? That is a big problem I have with Christianity as a whole.  

MelancholyPoet

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:56 am
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet

Thanks.

That was very hard for me to accept even as a Catholic. I don't like the idea that Christians say "Only we are correct and everyone is wrong." Isn't that judging? That is a big problem I have with Christianity as a whole.

Everyone can't be right. There would be a lot of camels swallowed for someone to say all religions lead to God. If all religions were the same, and had the same description of God, and the same methods for knowing God then we could say that, but they do not have the same theology, or beliefs, and God is not even described in the same way.
If you believe something, whether it is that there is a God, or that there is not a God, or that your God is called Krishna, or Yahweh, you have already made the decision that the other beliefs are wrong, and your worldview is shaped out from what you believe. If you believe something it will exclude something else. As Christians we would not be true to what we believed, and we would be liars if we accepted other roads to God than the one that saved us, and said to us that he is the only way. What people view as a judgmental attitude is actually consistency of worldview, we are living what we believe and saying out loud what God teaches us. It is not judgement, but dedication.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 am
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet

Thanks.

Everyone can't be right. There would be a lot of camels swallowed for someone to say all religions lead to God. If all religions were the same, and had the same description of God, and the same methods for knowing God then we could say that, but they do not have the same theology, or beliefs, and God is not even described in the same way.
If you believe something, whether it is that there is a God, or that there is not a God, or that your God is called Krishna, or Yahweh, you have already made the decision that the other beliefs are wrong, and your worldview is shaped out from what you believe. If you believe something it will exclude something else. As Christians we would not be true to what we believed, and we would be liars if we accepted other roads to God than the one that saved us, and said to us that he is the only way. What people view as a judgmental attitude is actually consistency of worldview, we are living what we believe and saying out loud what God teaches us. It is not judgement, but dedication.

That is just a hard concept for me to accept. I respect your view but I just can't accept that. It seems so wrong.  

MelancholyPoet

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:45 pm
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet
Garland-Green
MelancholyPoet

Thanks.

That is just a hard concept for me to accept. I respect your view but I just can't accept that. It seems so wrong.

Why does it seem wrong, and why is it hard to accept? Not everyone can be right. It is not really a difficult concept to accept. I will use an example that is easy to understand. An agnostic as already said that he holds the truth. He has decided that the Theist and the Atheist are both wrong. There could be a God he says, but we don't know him, it is possible that we one time in the future will, but right now we don't. He says the Theist is wrong for believing there a personal God we can know, and that we can know Him now, and the Atheist is wrong for believing there is no God and there is no point in looking for God, because there is no God, and those who do are deluded. They can't all be right. One or more has to be wrong since they are conflicting ideas. In the same way Christianity, Judaism and Islam can not all be right, because there are major doctrines they do not agree on, and in all three of the religions you mess up badly if you do not have these doctrines right.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:37 pm
i'm just gonna pop in here with my intro.. don't mind me razz

1. I have 3 mice, Fat Amy, Princess Aurora, and Peggy (she has a peg leg) and one cat, Mary Jade Bonkers
2. Psalm 62:1 (NIV)
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
3. I have 4: Proverbs, Psalms, John, Revelation
4. Non-denom; I follow Christ, not a church
5. USA
6. Green!
7. I'm a pet stylist smile

I'm happy to be here, and ever so thankful that there are Christians on Gaia! Hoping I can find some true friends here!  

Fanndis Thorsdottir

Dapper Hunter

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 pm
In Christianity you mess up badly if you don't have Jesus right. He even said of himself that he has become a stumbling block to the gentiles (that is us whether we are Muslim, Hindu, Atheist or what ever it should be) and the Jews (1 Corinthians 1:23, 1 Peter 2:8, Isaiah 28:16, Isaiah 8:14). Neither want to accept Him as king or His authority in his life, and he falls and trips over Him. It even says that those who fall on this stone (meaning Jesus) will break to pieces (Luke 20:18, Matthew 21:44).  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:20 pm
Fanndis Thorsdottir
i'm just gonna pop in here with my intro.. don't mind me razz

1. I have 3 mice, Fat Amy, Princess Aurora, and Peggy (she has a peg leg) and one cat, Mary Jade Bonkers
2. Psalm 62:1 (NIV)
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.
3. I have 4: Proverbs, Psalms, John, Revelation
4. Non-denom; I follow Christ, not a church
5. USA
6. Green!
7. I'm a pet stylist smile

I'm happy to be here, and ever so thankful that there are Christians on Gaia! Hoping I can find some true friends here!

Awesome of you to join! Welcome to the guild! Green is my favorite color too.
I hope you will find lots of true and good friend here. 3nodding God bless you.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

mitus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:00 am
well i'm kinda new i join a while ago but i never got around to this but here goes

my name is mitus but friends call me mity or mittens call me whatever
i don't mind being asked questions
i'm from the united states of america
i don't like to limit myself with favorites so if you ask me whats your favorite i'll reply with a list not just one thing
as for the bible i take it for what it says and i don't have any perticularly liked verus i just love the bible the whole bible (for the most part)
i've been a christain since birth and when i got older i studied other religions but i never stopped being a christain (though there was a point in my life i did question my religion) but a dream i had when i was young keeps my faith strong
god puts me at peace and praying to him gives my releif when i'm stressed or feels burdened
i don't mind sharing my ideal and stories and i hardly ever get offened so even if our opinions differ i don't force mine and i won't blow off yours  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:19 am
Yo.

I'm hafunny. razz

UHM. I'm a non-denominational Christian.

I'm also a tree, a lion, Robin (the boy wonder), and a rockstar. (Well, in my head.)

PHHHHH. UHM. I like to create things, tell stories, draw, roleplay, and play video games.

I don't really have a favorite book in the bible, but I'm reading proverbs backwards currently.

====================

OH! Recently in my movement of churchy churches, they've started a Simply sow thing. Basically the idea is to share about God (usually gospel) everyday/week in the little to big things.

It's been fun and challenging in its own way, but also helps me think about God more throughout the day. ^^~

hafunny

Magnetic Cleric

10,225 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ametrin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:30 pm
Hello smile I saw the link to this guild in Garland Green's signature and I decided to join because my older guilds I used to participate in are rather inactive now.
I have been on Gaia for almost 6 years and I'm not very active on the site any more but I still check it every now and then.
I'm a member in the Methodist church, currently attending Lutheran services (not very frequently though). But regardless of church or no church I want to live for God and love Him every day.
I can't think of a particular Bible verse now... I love pretty much all of the New Testament books and also the Psalms.
I live in the Czech Republic (Central Europe).
Favorite colors? They are a few - blue, black, white, wine red, purple.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:57 pm
mitus
well i'm kinda new i join a while ago but i never got around to this but here goes

my name is mitus but friends call me mity or mittens call me whatever
i don't mind being asked questions
i'm from the united states of america
i don't like to limit myself with favorites so if you ask me whats your favorite i'll reply with a list not just one thing
as for the bible i take it for what it says and i don't have any perticularly liked verus i just love the bible the whole bible (for the most part)
i've been a christain since birth and when i got older i studied other religions but i never stopped being a christain (though there was a point in my life i did question my religion) but a dream i had when i was young keeps my faith strong
god puts me at peace and praying to him gives my releif when i'm stressed or feels burdened
i don't mind sharing my ideal and stories and i hardly ever get offened so even if our opinions differ i don't force mine and i won't blow off yours
You are nonetheless welcome in the guild Mitus, regardless of not having posted before. ^^ The main purpose of the guild is to make people read the Bible, everything else is a plus. Don't be shy participating in the threads here though. We don't bite. Check out the contests in the contest sub-forum for example. We are giving away checkmate tactics to 4 lucky posters this month.

God bless you, and thank you for joining.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:01 pm
hafunny
Yo.

I'm hafunny. razz

UHM. I'm a non-denominational Christian.

I'm also a tree, a lion, Robin (the boy wonder), and a rockstar. (Well, in my head.)

PHHHHH. UHM. I like to create things, tell stories, draw, roleplay, and play video games.

I don't really have a favorite book in the bible, but I'm reading proverbs backwards currently.

====================

OH! Recently in my movement of churchy churches, they've started a Simply sow thing. Basically the idea is to share about God (usually gospel) everyday/week in the little to big things.

It's been fun and challenging in its own way, but also helps me think about God more throughout the day. ^^~

Hello hafunny! How's the Sow Thing going?

God bless you, and welcome to the guild!  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games