Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)
Super Training Room [Times increased.] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 pm
Hyacinth was hit too fast to be able to get away from the Sludge Wave, despite her best attempts to avoid it. Swallowed up by the poisonous wave, she was swept across the floor and when it passed, she coughed up bit of the toxic substance. Her body tinged purple, occasionally wreathed in purple sparks as the poison took hold, she raised herself up into the air and, without a call from Wren, she carefully shook her flower from side to side beneath her. The action released a repetitive chiming sound like the healing ringing of a wind chime. The Heal Bell rung out across the battlefield and, as the sound eased her heart and healed her soul, the poison within her was erased as if by magic.

Thistle: 2/25
Hyacinth: 0/25 +4  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 pm
Keiko smiled as Hyacinth healed herself, but she wasn't done yet. "Try using Body Slam now, Daedra!" Keiko asked. Daedra, who was close to Hyacinth thanks to riding the Sludge Wave, leaped over her in an attempt to crash her body into the Fairy-type.

[Daedra: 26+2=28/50]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:25 pm
"Hyacinth, dodge it and use Dazzling Gleam again!" Wren directed his Pokemon. The tiny Flabébé moved quickly but Deadra was just too big for her to avoid entirely. So in an last ditch effort to defend herself, she loosed a beam of searing light toards Deadra's underbelly as the Dragon came crashing down onto her. By the time Deadra moved, Hyacinth would be unconscious.

"Ok... I think that's about all the time we've got for today." Wren announced as he recalled Hyacinth to her ball. He'd take her to get checked out shortly, though.

Hyacinth: 0/25 +5  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 pm
Daedra would be unconscious after landing on Hyacinth, as well, unable to take a point-blank DazzlingGleam. Keiko recalled her and smiled at Wren, waving him goodbye. "See you soon!" she said happily before walking off to get Daedra healed.

[Daedra: 28+2=30/50]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:25 pm
Wren entered the Super Training Room once again and, this time, made sure he had brought along something to work with. Since he planned to train Thistle, he had gone to one of the local shopping centers and purchased a high-sided kid's pool for the Skrelp to stay in so he could actually swim. He'd be a bit constricted on swimming space but today was more about training up his strength and his endurance than it was about his swimming ability. He was just finishing filling said pool for the Pokemon before turning on the room's simulator.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 pm
While Keiko was resting, I borrowed our Lucky Egg and headed down to the Super Training Room to keep my promise to my Trubbish. I wasn't expecting Wren to be there, though. "Oh, hey," I said when I noticed him. 'Getting some training in, huh?"

Without waiting for an answer, I let Trubbish out and handed him the Lucky Egg. "Hope you don't mind, but I made a promise to this one. You don't mind having a sparring partner, right?" I asked.

[Trubbish: 0/25]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:37 pm
Wren looked up at Terashi as he entered the training room. "No, I don't mind at all. I've been sparring with Keiko for the last few days when I come in." He replied, straightening up and dropping his own Lucky Egg into the pool with Thistle. The Skrelp swam around it a few times and poked at it with his snout once or twice.

"Well, then, let's get started." Wren said to the Pokemon in it's pool.

"Skrelpelp!" Thistle replied, blowing a few Bubbles into the air, though they weren't particularly aimed at Trubbish just yet so it wasn't likely to be hit by them unless it was trying to or just unfortunate.

Thistle 2/25  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 pm
"Alright, then. Trubbish, no need to take the offensive just yet. Go ahead and use Stockpile for now. We might need that power for this match," I explained. Both Trubbish and Skrelp were Poison-type with Skrelp having the Water subtype. Poison moves wouldn't work, and those made up a large percentage of Trubbish's moveset. He didn't know any moves that Skrelp were weak to, either, so this battle would be challenging, even if it was just sparring.

Trubbish filled its body with Normal-type energy, buffing his physical and special defensive ability for the time being. I had Swallow to rely on if he needed a boost to stay in the fight, but I'd hold off on that for the time being. Trubbish could fight normally until an opportunity presented itself.

[Trubbish: 0+2=2/25]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:14 pm
Wren nodded to Thistle at this point. Now it was time for a sparring match for him. "Ok, use Water Pulse!" He directed the Mock Kelp Pokemon. Skrelp nodded and raised his head skyward, forming a swirling ball of pure water imbued with a subsonic pulse of noise somehow trapped within the water itself. The low frequency soundwaves were almost completely inaudible but if Trubbish found itself on the receiving end of them they might still mess with it's balance due to the impact on the inner ear of most living creatures. Hurling the orb of sound and water at the Trash Bag Pokemon, Thistle watched to see if it would hit.

Thistle 2/25 + 2  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:28 pm
I thought about how to respond to Water Pulse as Thistle was charging the attack. Protect and Double Team could work, but I didn't want to rely on those moves all the time. Predictability can be a liability on the battlefield. It didn't take me long to think of an alternative. This move wasn't super-effective against Skrelp, but thanks to his double-typing, he wouldn't resist it, either.

"Alright, Trubbish," I said, suddenly realizing that I needed to give him a name, "Respond with Giga Drain."

Trubbish gathered Grass-type energy from the synthesized grasslands around him, and targeted Thistle with the move. Any damage Water Pulse could do would be healed by Thistle himself, though indirectly.

[Trubbish: 2+2=4/25]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:33 pm
Wren knew Thistle couldn't avoid attacks very well as long as he remained stuck in the pool he required to survive for long so he called for another move entirely. "You can't block that kind of move with an offensive one." He told the Water and Poison-type but he smiled we he gave him his direction. "So use Protect instead." The Skrelp nodded and conjured a shimmering green shield between himself and Trubbish. He wasn't quick enough to completely block the attack but what little energy Trubbish managed to leech wouldn't be enough to recover all of the damage it took.

Thistle: 4/25 +2  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Watching Wren's use of Protect worried me for a moment - until I saw Thistle use the move. Skrelp seemed to be lacking in speed. It should have been able to get that shield up in time. If there was a way I could use this to take advantage, I didn't know, yet. But I was sure I'd find a way. For now, I could only tear through his defenses.

"Break through, Trubbish. Seed Bomb," I ordered. Trubbish gathered more Grass-type energy, this time focusing it at a single point in front of him. He continued gathering, and compressing the energy orb as best he could, until it was a large amount in a small space. He then launched it at Thistle. It was constructed to explode on contact, so if Thistle couldn't dodge, he was in trouble.

[Trubbish: 4+2=6/25]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:48 pm
Wren could already tell Thistle was going to be slow. The Pokemon's lack of mobility didn't allow him the flexibility he needed to really work his energy into the constructs he wanted very well. When Terashi called his next move, Wren's mind sparked into overdrive for a moment. He knew that attack intimately. "Thistle, use Sludge Bomb and aim for the seed! If it reaches you, you're in trouble" He warned his partner. Thistle nodded and compressed a massive quantity of poisonous sludge into a tiny space and wrapped it in a strangely elastic balloon of another poison before hurling the glob along the same arc as Seed Bomb was following. The difference between his and Trashi's was that when the two collided and exploded in midair, Thistle was rocked by the explosion slightly but was otherwise unaffected. Trubbish, on the other hand, would find itself being subjected to the acidic rain of poison released from Thistle's bomb.

Thistle: 6/25 +2  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm
While Trubbish would be affected somewhat by the acidic rain created by the exploding of Thistle's Sludge Bomb, his resistance to Poison-type combined with his inability to become Poisoned meant that he still had plenty of energy after the fact.

"We're not going to get anywhere if he can just block every attack," I thought out loud. "Trubbish, try to disable Thistle with Dark Pulse." Trubbish happily gathered Dark-type energy, creating a pulsating wave that careened into a collision course with Thistle, whose movement was restricted by his need to be submerged in water.

[Trubbish: 6+2=8/25]  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:03 pm
Wren found himself at a loss for a moment as to how he could have Thistle weather this attack without relying on Protect. He didn't want his Pokemon to need it all the time but he couldn't think of another move that Thistle had that could push back against a move like this. Thankfully, he didn't have to. Both he and Terashi, despite both of their relative lack of experience with sensing energy might feel a sudden swell of some ancient energy coming from the tiny fish-like Pokemon before he loosed a swirling, undulating pulse of pure Dragon energy from his snout. The roar of some Lovecraftian behemoth accompanied the energy as it ripped through the air and met with Dark Pulse. While Thistle hadn't even realized he could do it, the Dragon Pulse would managed to hold Dark Pulse at bay for a moment or two before the Dark-type attack overtook it and slammed into the Mock Kelp Pokemon as it's source.

"What... Just happened?" Wren asked, not realizing that his little Pokemon could use such a move.

Thistle: 8/25 + 2  
The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games