Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Orb Union-A Gundam Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild Dedicated to all series of Gundam! 

Tags: Gundam, Orb Union, Roleplaying, News, And More 

Reply Orb Union-A Gundam Guild
SEED Reconstruction OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:32 am
Enji_Chou
Phoenix347
Enji_Chou

Name: Mori Soushani
Genetic Type: ((What would you call a natural born child from a natural and coordinator? I'll say coordinator for now. but I can put her down as "other"))
Position: Zaft Moble Suit Pilot <<<<((can change based on rp's needs))
Background & Personality: Mori was originally born in Orb to a Natural and a Coordinator. Her mother Miki, was an aboriginal native who married Van, a former Zaft deserter. Debate of whether or not to alter their child was a long and tedious one, and even now has not been confirmed, however- she has passed for one due to her innate instinctive abilities.
Psychic ability has been a family trade for generations: fortune telling, dowsing, scrying, and it is unclear if her advanced sensory is due to natural born skill, or coordinator technology augmentation. Mori doesn't use this blatantly out in the open, but her skills in combat seem almost fortuitous, she tends to get a funny feeling when battles shift and has used this instinct to survive when fights go sour.

Before the destruction of Orb she was a civilian, but afterward was found by Zaft forces and taken in. Mori took her mother last name to avoid conflict for being the child of a deserter. Her father full name was Van Kanada.
She possesses a talent for piloting suits. It turned out her father taught Mori how to use one, believing she could not avoid the conflict forever, even if they lived in Orb at the time.

" At the very least, you can use this skill to stay alive if you ever find yourself trapped in the middle of this war. Just stay alive Mori."

Mori is known as a sensitive yet cheerful sort, but not without conviction. She has a deep love for the earth, possibly because of her mother. Mori wears glasses, not because she needs them to see, but rather her eyes are sensitive to very bright light, and they tint when over-exposure happens.
Mori is also known for working very hard and being a bit more "sturdy" then she looks. This isn't actually true, she's just stubborn and tends to take on more work and pressure then she should- giving the illusion of more resiliance. She has a high pain tolerance as well. Finally, Mori likes to sing, but will only do it alone, she's been spotted singing over the suits in the hangar when staff isn't around- it appears she prays for the souls of those fighting (*).
Appearance:
User Image

Hows this?

Getting to this here, as we've discussed I don't believe a coordinator can be born from a natural mother and a natural father. As for the instinctive abilities they can either be dedicated Spatial awareness or we can start debating the existence of newtypes in SEED. Survival instinct in battle is understandable, but psychic abilities are only glimpsed at in SEED & Destiny. As for faction, it would be best for orb if you intend for a coordinator father and natural mother as Zaft is majorly coordinators, and they don't use natural OS systems. Also, please add an age to your character.

Um I believe the birthing disscussoin was out if coordinator traits(some but not all) carries on from a parent into a child, even if the child themsleves did not undergo the system in utero.
I think we agreed that if a child were to be full coordinator, it would require that at least the mother be a coordinator, otherwise, if the mother was natural, birthing a coordinator child wasn't possible? It wasn't safe right?

If we take into consideration genetics, the bare basic is the child takes into themsleves the best code from both parents. this si where imbreading become an issue, for if parent both possesses a ressevice corupted gene, that is indeed carrie don into the child. But, if a parent possess good healthy genes, there's a higher probably the fetus favors that super code over the corrupt code.

If say one parent was a coordinator geared towards something specific- better health, or eyes, or everything over all, wouldn't the childs conception naturally favor those supperior genes?
Now I'm not one ot believe the child would be 100% superior in those traits like their coordinator parent would be, but is it feesable some talent would appear in that area a slightly better then other natural children?

Like if one of the parents were geared for super information and intelligence, the child could possibly possess higher brain function, but not be able to retain and absorb as much information as their parent would.

Like how I inherited my fathers immunity to bees, even though for the longest time the allergy was consistent in my mothers family. Once the code arrived from my father, I was immune- unlike my other half siblings.
-----
Regardless I agree with the idea that if a true coordinator child were to be birthed the mother would have to at least be the coordinator themselves and the special treatment having undergone during conception. This was revealed in the episodes about Kira yamatos origins.

--------------------- As for the newtype ideas-

It would be an interesting thing to consider. If such a phenomina were to occur, do you think enough 'time' has passed for such a thing to occur in Cooridinators.
I originally read the whole thing about newtypes, and the gundam wiki said it was it was brought about by humans continuing to populate in space, and the concept of the newtype was that somehow prolong exposure to space brings about this augmentation/mutation.
As much as this is appealing, I'd say regardles sif this is possible or not I'd keep this possibility under heavy disgressoin mod wise.

In a nutshell, yes. It was heard that a natural's body was safe for a coordinator so a natural mother can't have a coordinator unless it is pulled out and processed in an external womb.

As for newtypes, the most information we have on newtypes is that kira and MU were newtypes, and that coordinators were to coordinate humanity to that existance. I'm not too keen on deciding to allow newtypes as another genetic type as there may be characters that want to switch over so I'll keep it to the basic coordinator and natural abilities.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:40 pm
I think I agree with that too, just for sake of proper control on the rp best keep it restricted. With only Kira, Mu, and Rey as the only visable examples there's not enough evidence to support there's enough occurance to support newtypes naturally begining to occur.

Do you think a pair of coordinater parents would augment their child in hopes of gardering stronger instinctive abilities? Like if the're a family of very productive intellectuals and strategic planners?
So not in the same way newtypes have been seen to : sense eachother, have slight telekentic/telep[athic ability ( most extreme case was they deflected ray beams! XD)

but rather just assessing situations- and after weighing the variables they can tell the unprobability of sucess is too dangerous, and can then therefore make accurate judgments on whether or not a battle is shifting in their favor or not.  

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:42 pm
Enji_Chou
but rather just assessing situations- and after weighing the variables they can tell the unprobability of sucess is too dangerous, and can then therefore make accurate judgments on whether or not a battle is shifting in their favor or not.

^ That is all done by coordinators if a human can consider every single mathematical equation related to probability and have the vast information or experience to calculate such detailed equations. Although that's also just common sense of whether or not the battle is going in your favor. That's not that complicated to consider.

Coordinators have heightened learning which leads to advanced understanding of mathematics, which is why naturals can't operate a coordinator OS and coordinators like Kira (and the Creuset Team pilots did it as well!!!)) were able to accurately change the controls after activation in order to effectively pilot the mobile suits.

Enji_Chou
Do you think a pair of coordinater parents would augment their child in hopes of gardering stronger instinctive abilities? Like if the're a family of very productive intellectuals and strategic planners?
So not in the same way newtypes have been seen to : sense eachother, have slight telekentic/telep[athic ability ( most extreme case was they deflected ray beams! XD)
As for this... Coordinators already have coordinator children and each one isn't so different from the next intellectually. Instincts are instincts, if the child is raised with them maybe but coordinator parents don't augment their children.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:52 pm
Phoenix347
Enji_Chou

^ That is all done by coordinators if a human can consider every single mathematical equation related to probability and have the vast information or experience to calculate such detailed equations. Although that's also just common sense of whether or not the battle is going in your favor. That's not that complicated to consider.

Coordinators have heightened learning which leads to advanced understanding of mathematics, which is why naturals can't operate a coordinator OS and coordinators like Kira (and the Creuset Team pilots did it as well!!!)) were able to accurately change the controls after activation in order to effectively pilot the mobile suits.

^ I agree. This type of understanding for battle should be well within the confinds of a coordinaters capabilities.

Enji_Chou
As for this... Coordinators already have coordinator children and each one isn't so different from the next intellectually. Instincts are instincts, if the child is raised with them maybe but coordinator parents don't augment their children.

thats what I thought, but then that was my point in the first concept. If coordinators don't need to augment their children, they just birth them- what then is the classification of a child born of a coordinator(mother) and a natural father?
Another coordinator?  

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm
Enji_Chou

thats what I thought, but then that was my point in the first concept. If coordinators don't need to augment their children, they just birth them- what then is the classification of a child born of a coordinator(mother) and a natural father?
Another coordinator?

Actually, thinking on it, my guess is it would be coordinator because "These genetic enhancements are then passed on to the Coordinator's children without the need for more enhancements." ((Gundam wiki, coordinator page))
This means that the embryo would only need to be in a womb it could survive in through to birth. That's my way of seeing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:46 pm
Phoenix347
Enji_Chou

Another coordinator?

Actually, thinking on it, my guess is it would be coordinator because "These genetic enhancements are then passed on to the Coordinator's children without the need for more enhancements." ((Gundam wiki, coordinator page))
This means that the embryo would only need to be in a womb it could survive in through to birth. That's my way of seeing it.

that makese sense, if the coordinator is the mother at the very least it would still be a coordinator.
I remember something about how hard it was though for 3rd generations to procreate.(Lacus said something about this) mmmmm I wonder if that can be rectified by introducting naturals before the 3rd generation.
*shrugs*
It is an interesting topic though, the scific genetic science of seed.
Well at least I do have some corrections to make to my profile. When it's done shall I post again here and you list it if it checks out?  

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Enji_Chou

that makese sense, if the coordinator is the mother at the very least it would still be a coordinator.
I remember something about how hard it was though for 3rd generations to procreate.(Lacus said something about this) mmmmm I wonder if that can be rectified by introducting naturals before the 3rd generation.
*shrugs*
Well at least I do have some corrections to make to my profile. When it's done shall I post again here and you list it if it checks out?

It wasn't lacus but that all coordinators had issues breeding between eachother, IDK why exactly and they couldn't figure it out either, but the PLANTs began arranging marriages for that reason. If you want your character to have something that has been recognized in the series so far such as spatial awareness go ahead, but if it's something psychic I'll probably veto it from the profile.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:57 pm
Phoenix347
Enji_Chou

*shrugs*

It wasn't lacus but that all coordinators had issues breeding between eachother, IDK why exactly and they couldn't figure it out either, but the PLANTs began arranging marriages for that reason. If you want your character to have something that has been recognized in the series so far such as spatial awareness go ahead, but if it's something psychic I'll probably veto it from the profile.

really? I could have sworn she argued with Athruns father about it, hmmmm have to rewatch those episode to find it. It was during the time she was talking about her father.
As for the profile, no problem.
I'll just reduce the other things to simple supersition, no real evidence that it works or not, and just spatial awareness instead.
This may be the future but I'm sure there are plenty of nationalities in the Gundam-seed-future that still cling to old superstitions.
this will be fun!  

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points

Duhh Its AJ
Vice Captain

Wealthy Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:45 am
Enji_Chou
Man I love gundam seed, OwO I ust love talking about this crazy sci-fi science <3

Me too xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:48 am

Name: Mori Soushani (20)
Genetic Type: coordinator
Position: Zaft Moble Suit Pilot
Background & Personality: Mori was originally born in Orb to a Natural and a Coordinator. Her mother Miki, a former Zaft deserter met her husband in Orb, an aboriginal named Van. Miki became pregnant while in Orb, but with the upcoming war she feared the tension would draw attention to her child once she was born.
Psychic practice has been a family trade for generations: fortune telling, dowsing, scrying, ect- and it was passed down to their child from her father. Whether or not the practice held any merit was anyone’s guess but the devout of course hold it dear. Mori doesn't practice this passtime blatantly out in the open, but rather in private for fun- or when feeling homesick.

Mori has shown to possess an advanced form of spatial awareness and uses this in combat. With her advanced intellect she can productively tell when battles shift and has therefore been able to survive when fights go sour.

Before the destruction of Orb she was a civilian, but afterward was found by Zaft forces and taken in. She worked on suits as a mechanic only at first, until Lacus took over, and then fully enlisted herself to make use of her piloting skills.
Mori feels from this position she could watch over the new Zaft and trust in the songstresse's intensions.
Mori took her father’s last name to avoid conflict for being the child of a deserter. Her mother’s full name was Miki Kanada. and it turned out Mik taught Mori how to use a moble suit, believing her daughter could not avoid the conflict forever, even when they lived in Orb at the time.

" At the very least, you can use this skill to stay alive if you ever find yourself trapped in the middle of this war. Just stay alive Mori."

Mori is known as a sensitive yet cheerful sort, and not without conviction. She has a deep love for the earth, possibly because of her father. Mori wears transition glasses, not because she needs them to see, but rather her eyes are sensitive to very bright light. While no evidence has shown medically as to why she feels sensitive, doctors suggest it’s possibly a mental issue.
Mori is also known for working very hard and being a bit more "sturdy" then she looks. This isn't actually true, she's just stubborn and tends to take on more work and pressure then she should- giving the illusion of more resilience. She has a high pain tolerance as well. Mori's devotion to her's fathers traditions runs deep and she's been spotted singing over the suits in the hangar when staff isn't around- it appears she prays for the souls of those fighting.
Appearance:User Image

Edited thanks to the disscussions.  

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:19 am
Enji_Chou

Background & Personality: Mori was originally born in Orb to a Natural and a Coordinator. Her mother Miki, a former Zaft deserter met her husband in Orb, an aboriginal named Van. Miki became pregnant while in Orb, but with the upcoming war she feared the tension would draw attention to her child once she was born.
Psychic practice has been a family trade for generations: fortune telling, dowsing, scrying, ect- and it was passed down to their child from her father. Whether or not the practice held any merit was anyone’s guess but the devout of course hold it dear. Mori doesn't practice this passtime blatantly out in the open, but rather in private for fun- or when feeling homesick.

Mori has shown to possess spatial awareness and uses this in combat.

Before the destruction of Orb she was a civilian, but afterward was found by Zaft forces and taken in. She worked on suits as a mechanic only at first, until Lacus took over, and then fully enlisted herself to make use of her piloting skills.
Mori feels from this position she could watch over the new Zaft and trust in the songstresse's intensions.
Mori took her father’s last name to avoid conflict for being the child of a deserter. Her mother’s full name was Miki Kanada. and it turned out Mik taught Mori how to use a moble suit, believing her daughter could not avoid the conflict forever, even when they lived in Orb at the time.

Mori is known as a sensitive yet cheerful sort, and not without conviction. She has a deep love for the earth, possibly because of her father. Mori wears transition glasses, not because she needs them to see, but rather her eyes are sensitive to very bright light. While no evidence has shown medically as to why she feels sensitive, doctors suggest it’s possibly a mental issue.
Mori is also known for working very hard and being a bit more "sturdy" then she looks. This isn't actually true, she's just stubborn and tends to take on more work and pressure then she should- giving the illusion of more resilience. She has a high pain tolerance as well. Mori's devotion to her's fathers traditions runs deep and she's been spotted singing over the suits in the hangar when staff isn't around- it appears she prays for the souls of those fighting.

Better, removed the intellectual prediction and 'advanced' spatial awareness as there is just an understanding of spatial awareness.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:13 am
It is indeed possible for two naturals to have a coordinator, the embryo just needs to be removed very early, its DNA altered/optimized, and the embryo implanted back in. As long as this process is done to the embryo, the child is a Coordinator regardless of parentage. That's how the race was initially made to begin with. The mother's womb can have subtle impacts on the Coordinator as it develops in spite of this process, so the artificial womb was developed by Ulen Hibiki. An Ultimate Coordinator is the only type of Coordinator that outright requires an artificial womb. This is explicitly explained in the anime. Artificial Wombs are not commonly used if at all -- the technology may even have been abandoned with Mendel Colony.

The third generation coordinators' inability to reproduce with each other is due to a lack of genetic diversity as a consequence of their 'optimizations' limiting their gene pool. If two Coordinators have a kid, they only have the optimized genes to draw from, making them a Coordinator by default even without undergoing the genetic alteration procedure. This, however, limits the gene pool and leads to reproductive issues within a few generations. Every now and then, they need to breed with Naturals, or first generation Coordinators in a pinch. Lacus would be fine having kids with Kira, who is a first generation Coordinator.

Kids born to a Natural and a Coordinator aren't given a name in the official media, but I think some side stories like Astray call them "half-Coordinators"...as long as the genetic conversion process wasn't done on them and they got their Natural parent's un-optimized DNA.  

Toshiro Yuki
Crew

Phoenix347
Vice Captain

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:16 am
Toshiro Yuki

That is all we discussed already, although different context.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:43 pm
Toshiro Yuki
It is indeed possible for two naturals to have a coordinator, the embryo just needs to be removed very early, its DNA altered/optimized, and the embryo implanted back in. As long as this process is done to the embryo, the child is a Coordinator regardless of parentage. That's how the race was initially made to begin with. The mother's womb can have subtle impacts on the Coordinator as it develops in spite of this process, so the artificial womb was developed by Ulen Hibiki. An Ultimate Coordinator is the only type of Coordinator that outright requires an artificial womb. This is explicitly explained in the anime. Artificial Wombs are not commonly used if at all -- the technology may even have been abandoned with Mendel Colony.

The third generation coordinators' inability to reproduce with each other is due to a lack of genetic diversity as a consequence of their 'optimizations' limiting their gene pool. If two Coordinators have a kid, they only have the optimized genes to draw from, making them a Coordinator by default even without undergoing the genetic alteration procedure. This, however, limits the gene pool and leads to reproductive issues within a few generations. Every now and then, they need to breed with Naturals, or first generation Coordinators in a pinch. Lacus would be fine having kids with Kira, who is a first generation Coordinator.

Kids born to a Natural and a Coordinator aren't given a name in the official media, but I think some side stories like Astray call them "half-Coordinators"...as long as the genetic conversion process wasn't done on them and they got their Natural parent's un-optimized DNA.

That's pretty cool. I remember that part- that's how Kira and Cagalli are a natural and a super-coordinater.
I figured there be no official name for a half/one.  

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points

Enji_Chou

Seasonal Mage

11,875 Points
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:49 pm
Phoenix347
Enji_Chou

Mori has shown to possess spatial awareness and uses this in combat.

Better, removed the intellectual prediction and 'advanced' spatial awareness as there is just an understanding of spatial awareness.

awesome, thank you so much for all your help. can't wait to start rping with you all! <3 I hope I make a good addition to the cast.  
Orb Union-A Gundam Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff