Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
New Members Introduce Yourselves Here Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blackhorn- the Legend

Inquisitor

8,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 am
Hello, I'm not exactly new, i just never came in before. I'm a rabid Pro-choicer and I feel that everyone has the right to their body. I am also a Green/Democtat, and have come to realize that the United States no longer accepts me or my beleifs. Grr. So much for a free country.

Any ways, I'd like it if smart people would talk to me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:24 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

gskilllet

ForestsGuardian

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:43 am
Hi. New here. As promised in my application, I'll let everyone know my favorite tactic for getting pro-lifers to think about their position.

As a college student without insurance, I used to use Planned Parenthood as my birth control source. Every time I walked into that place, I had to pass someone sitting right by the entryway, protesting and telling me "You don't have to go in for that baby killing, dear. God will help you and your baby." Every time, responded with the same comments.

"Do you know how many children are given up for adoption every year? How about how many are neglected? How many live out their lives in foster care, orphanages or as wards of the state?"

At this point, they always looked at me oddly. Then the final question. "How many of those children have you taken into your home and raised?"

Inevitably, the protestors would say none. So I leave them with the thought that, "If you're not helping those children, then what right do you have to ask me not to bring another unwanted person into this world."

Didn't ever hear another word on my way out. Once, when I came back out, the protestor had even packed up and gone home.

Just thought you might like to hear it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:42 pm
a wat up u all my name i badjay  

badjay

Myythren

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:15 pm
I'm a 17 year old from Vancouver, Canada. I'm very strongly pro-choice, I don't think anyone should ever be foreced to bring a life into this world that they do not want, or can't care for, for any reason.

I'm also a liberal, though not in the sence of the stupid peopole who currently run my province. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:00 pm
I'm a 24-year-old woman who just relocated to Fredericksburg, VA. I've been pro-choice since I was 15, but only started debating about it a little less than a year ago here on Gaia.

It's great being among like minds!  

paper_phoenix

jujyfruit

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:54 pm
I'm Jenny, I'm 21, and I'm pregnant.
I've always been unquestionably pro-choice, but it wasn't until I started the process of actually trying to obtain an abortion that I realized how many obstacles are in place.
I'm really happy to have found a place where I'm not going to get bibles waved at me or shunned for my "irresponsibility."
heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:04 pm
Hello.
I'm new to this guild, and to Gaia in general.
It's awesome to see all of these people who have the same view as me on an important topic.  

simileliketotally

Keistera

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:22 pm
Hey everyone.

I'm Melissa (Keistera), and - like the majority of you razz - I'm Pro-Choice. I believe that a woman has the right to choose whether or not to let an embryo develop to term, because it is her body and therefore, her territory. I do not believe abortion should be a form of birth control, however. Lines do need to be drawn. After all, I'm adopted -- I could very well have been aborted instead (... save for the fact that my birth mother didn't find out/denied her condition until she was 6 months into it).

Abortion should be a choice for all, especially in cases where the mother is a rape victim, her life is in danger, she is a pre-teen/teen mom, or any other medical reason relating to the mother or the potential child, but other options should be presented in cases such as "the condom broke". Seems too many people would rather adopt a baby than a 5-year-old, sadly. :/ I do not want to bring children into this world in the state it's in. I'd rather, if I had to have a kid, support a child that's stuck in the system. I escaped that fate, I may as well pull another kid out of it too, right?

I'm 19, by the way. I'd type more, but I need to go to bed so I can get to work in the morning. razz  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:04 pm
im sorta new...  

AnitasButt

3,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Market Browser 100

Angyles Cerddoriaeth

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:21 am
*Waves*

Hello, I am a new member ((obviously)). Name is Angyles for all intense purposes. I like the rest of you believe it is a woman's choice to have a child or not. I am 30 years old and I have 2 sons, one was given up for adoption when he was a few months old ((I was 17)), and the other is going to be 10 in August.

I have gone through the whole range of choices when it comes to children, as I also had an abortion about 2 years ago, yet in that circumstance, I had no choice ((It was either I do it, or I die)).

So anyway, glad to be aboard with this guild.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:00 pm
I was very exsited when i was allowed into this guild, for i wanted one that would have plenty of opinions. Not the mindless ones as in video games, and etc. i wanted on that was about heated topics that offen split our country into many different sides. some join those sides because of their own beliefs, but many are pressured because of their peers.

now that i am done with my little speech i would like to give a little insight on some of my views on different "heated" topics:

1. i think the gay marrige issue has to be takin into consideration that one should have the right, and the privalege to have that sacred "wedding" tradition. and i think that we as a people of having many others people with different "backgrounds", should be a little mre lineant

2. abortion should be takin very highly because those raped, what happens to them, shuld they have to bear the "burden". there are many strenuating cercumstances that have to be considered.  

Crzy_Mexican12029

[Ernie]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:38 pm
Hellu all, I'm 13 and, of course, new to this guild.

I have always been pro-choice, even when I first heard of abortion, because I knew that most aborted "babies" were actually fetii smaller than my thumb. This is because when my mom was first pregnant with my little brother, she gave me a book about the stages of a fetus's growth to a baby.

Whelp, I guess that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:19 am
Hey, all. I'm Emyu, and I'm new here.

... domokun Ehehehehe!  

Emyu

Yi Min

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:25 am
Hello. I am Yi Min and will be twenty years old in three months. I am pro-choice because I belief in having the right to do what you feel is right for your own body. A woman should have the choice to give birth, abort or give it up. Her body, Her mind, her choice.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games