Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Will you dress your children gothic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, would you?
  Yea, it'd be cute.
  Probly not.
  I'm open to it, I guess
View Results

Dance of Pales

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:36 am
hell yea i wud! it wud be nice for mi children to have mi old A7X and korn shirts wen they grow up.so wht if theyre different? they wud be expressing theirselves for who theyre.they will be growing up with the metal ive been listening to for a long time now  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX
hell yea i wud! it wud be nice for mi children to have mi old A7X and korn shirts wen they grow up.so wht if theyre different? they wud be expressing theirselves for who theyre.they will be growing up with the metal ive been listening to for a long time now

They wouldn't be expressing themselves for who they are, they'd be expressing for who YOU are.
I'd let my kids pick their own clothes.
And your music too -- Why not let them explore music and decide what THEY like? What if your parents forced you to dress and listen to what they did? Your kids might like that you do, but tey might not. It should be their choice.
And PLEASE, PLEASE learn the english language.  

SADERR

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:02 am
Jonathonn
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

They wouldn't be expressing themselves for who they are, they'd be expressing for who YOU are.
And your music too -- Why not let them explore music and decide what THEY like? What if your parents forced you to dress and listen to what they did? Your kids might like that you do, but tey might not. It should be their choice.

Dude, like he said, you would just be expressing yourself through them: like they are dolls or something. I'm probably gonna pick out more black and lacy stuff for my kids while they are younger... but when they start developing the ability to decide what they like and don't like, it's all up to them. Now, if they like A7X and Korn, that would be really sweet for you to pass your stuff down to them and keep it for them just in case.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 pm
If they'll let me (and if I even decide to have kids!)  

lolitaninja

Liberal Prophet

8,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:22 am
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

Isn't that a tad hypocritical? how would you like your parents to make you dress in Hollister and listen to rap, or country, or bad pop music?

Anyway, as babies I guess I would dress them in whatever was cute to me, but when they start to have a preference in clothes I would let them wear whatever. Well, within reason. They wouldn't go to school in a belly shirt and untra-short shorts. If they wanted to be goth and listen to my music, I would be fine with that. If they wanted to be preps, I could live with that. I would really just prefer them to grow up to be themselves, not a carbon copy of me. That's creepy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:39 pm
mee_shee
When you get married and have kids, or just plain old have some kids, do you think you'll dress them gothic?

Personally I would, but I'd also have other clothes for them, and no doubt that if I do dress them gothic my mom will buy them other clothes. And I'd still dress them in those once in a while.

I just think it'd be cool to see a gothic looking baby.

Of course when they grew up I'd have no problem with letting them choose whether they want to continue to dress like that or not.

What's you oppinion on the topic?

couldnt have said it any better myself...  

different110

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:08 pm
When they're at that age where mommy can still dress them, sure but once they start dressing themselves they can dress how ever they'd like.
I didn't like it when my mother bitched about how I dress so I sure as heck won't do it to my own kids....assuming I actually have them.
I never wanted to be like my mother...I wouldn't blame my kids if they didn't want to be like me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 am
I don't think I would dress my future kids all gothy. Maybe they would have 1 or 2 outfits that would be all lacy and black, but when they get old enough, I'm sure they'd develop their own taste.

As for music, I know I listen to a lot of stuff simply because my parents played it when I was growing up, and I associate it with those memories. I don't listen to everything they do, and I imagine it would be similar with my own children if I have any.  

veil of stars

SADERR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:49 pm
As for the music aspect, I listen to nearly everything, so my kids would get quite a variety. Goth rock to indie, hiphop to metal, industrial to new age. I'd like to give my children as much opportunities and choice to be themselves as they would like.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:39 pm
Angel of the End
Jonathonn
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

Dude, like he said, you would just be expressing yourself through them: like they are dolls or something. I'm probably gonna pick out more black and lacy stuff for my kids while they are younger... but when they start developing the ability to decide what they like and don't like, it's all up to them. Now, if they like A7X and Korn, that would be really sweet for you to pass your stuff down to them and keep it for them just in case.

I'd advise anyone not to express themselves through their kids. How can they be themselves? I'd let my kid(s) pick their own clothes, too, as long as they're modest. I'll probably dress them in random stuff when they're younger. As they get older, they'll find something they like. And it may change. Like me for example. My mom dressed me in a lot of pink and girly stuff when I was young and I liked it. I think I was around 8 or 9 when I stopped liking very girly stuff and started only liking pink with black. My mom didn't (and still doesn't) care. If my kid(s) want to dress in the goth style, they can.  

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

ll-Mystic Rhythms-ll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:55 am
destinygirl_8
I'd prolly dress them normal, then when they were old enough to make their own decision i'd let them dress goth if they wanted to or not.

yeah same here  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:54 am
Yeah i will try to get my kids to go the goth way but im not going to force them to be i just don't think its good to do that. But, if my kid becomes straight prep god forbid i might have a little talk with him.  

D3NKl

Bunny

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:10 pm
As babies, most definately.

But when they start school or daycare, i'll get them some more mundane clothing- maybe still alternative like little band shirts. If they say they still want to dress like mommy I will have a talk with them and warn them that if they do they might get picked on by some children and that they need to be prepared to handle that. I don't know if my children will be as emotionally strong as I am so I don't want to push them into a situation that they can't handle unless they truly think they're ready. They will also be told that if they don't want to wear gothy clothes anymore all they have to do is say so at any age, they will still be loved.

When they come of age to pick their own outfits i'll let them do as they please, goth or not.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 pm
Angel of the End
Jonathonn
XxXUrWoRsTnItEmArEXxX

dudes, relax a little, by kids i'm guessing it would be young kids, like 4 or 6, who probably haven't listened to enough music to know what they like and don't know how they want to express themselves yet, so just ease up a little. but i do agree with Jonathonn about ya spelling mate, at least use a dictionary  

risen91

4,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

CemeteryPirate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 pm
I will! twisted twisted twisted
But if they decide they don't like it, I will allow them to chose their own style.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff