Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:31 am
PaulTheWolf5575
Precisely! I'm sayin' that the similarities are there, but similarities are present in all of the various things there.

So any other objections?

Cale, looks like he's got you there! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:33 am
Celestia Whitesword
PaulTheWolf5575
Precisely! I'm sayin' that the similarities are there, but similarities are present in all of the various things there.

So any other objections?

Cale, looks like he's got you there! sweatdrop

Read my rebuttal.  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:36 am
The Echani don't have pointed ears and the Echani are not a race. They are a *sub-race*. Besides, their way of life is so much more different than the nagai's it's a moot point.

Anything else?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:38 am
scream They're not even a subrace!!! Why should we make these Echani Near human Rakata-spawn when they're too damn similar to humans?!
They're a culture, not their own subspecies!!  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:46 am
Ok then!
They've still got biological differences! We're debating semantics. The Echani *in LEGACY* are a Near-human Subrace! It's a fanonical article for an RP.

And besides

Why can't they be a subspecies and a subculture?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:49 am
For the same reason the Guild officially declares Hapan natives not a Near Human race.
Too damn similar to baseline humans.
Thye can be a culture of human warriors, but I still refuse to see why they should get their own race.
Hell, even the Mandos dont get their own race.  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:53 am
Maybe the Mandos should get their own race.

And why do you care so much if it's about an RP.

AND THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT ECHANI ARE VERY SIMILAR TO HUMANS.

not "Too Damn Similar" They're Physiologies are incredibly similar, but not exactly the same. They're similar enough to breed with, but they're neurochemistry is slightly different, as are their aging cycles. I'm making it so that in our Legacy RP the Echani are different.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:22 pm
You're making the Echani into much more then they are. They're almost always bodyguards, skilled in hand to hand combat, and good at the design and crafting of melee arms. They don't build their own spacecraft. They don't wage wars of conquest. They don't have a homeworld as far as we know.

The Echani are bodyguards, nothing more.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:34 pm
My question is, why do they need their own subrace if they're so alike?
And what about when you said that they delivered the Vong a massive asswhooping?
Even the Mandos couldnt do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:42 pm
Stellar: We also know they are excellent martial artists. That's exactly my point. I'm making them BEYOND what we know for an RP. And how many times have we seriously encountered Echani? Oh yea. Twice. So we don't know that much. I'm simply filling in the blanks.

The answer is because it adds depth to them, and it's established in CotGCW

It's never said whether they kicked the Vongs a**...they Vong just never made it...and who's to say they aren't stronger than the mandos.  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:46 pm
The fact that the Mando's still exist outside of KOTOR in cannon suggests they were better than the Echani.

You fill in blanks in a way that twinks you out.
No dice on the new echani profile.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:55 pm
The Echani have all but disappeared by this era. The Echani were assimilated after the KotoR era into a number of different organizations, those Echani houses that were assigned to protect royal houses, most notably the house of Aldera and a number of Kuati Corporate houses became part of those same houses. Winter is a descendant of one of these Echani houses that were assimilated into the Royal House of Alderaan.

Other echani would form the backbone of the Republic Senate guard and even later they would become the backbone of the Imperial Guard for the Emperor. Over the centuries the Echani ceased to exist as a seperate culture from the broader human culture with all but a few exceptions (The School of the Dancing Blade is an Echani School for martial combat that was featured earlier in the RP, there were only a handful of students there).  

stellarmagic

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:48 pm
Cale: It's for the legacy RP, and it's canonical as far as it's concerned. If LoP is canonical than most of what I said is.

Stellar: Who are you to say? I have just as much right to say they weren't as far as the Legacy RP is concerned. And why would they cease to exist if they had a thriving society about 70 years prior?

It's canonical as far as Legacy is concerned via LoP. So if the Echani aren't canonical for Legacy neither are the Darksuns  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:12 pm
I didn't say they were thriving 70 years prior... They've been in decline since KOTOR! Have you seen any canonical Echani characters since that period at all! The only person that comes close to Echani is Winter. There aren't any others, those few that did exist were advisors and trainers for bodyguard and honor guard formations, and most of those were destroyed along with the empire.

As for fanon... we make a strong attempt to base even our most far reaching fan designs on star wars canon. Hell, I've even based allot of stuff for the Rapora off of a plethora of canonical examples.  

stellarmagic

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:21 pm
Actually I have. The Instructors in Crimson Empire I were Echani. And besides, they are too recent. And as far as Legacy is concerned, yes there have been a plethora of canonical characters, foremost among them my old PC Tal'dras Seraphim...  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games