Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:06 am
Tibanna gas, and I'm almost absolutely sure about this, is produced solely on Bespin due to its natural "spin sealing" it creates.

Synthetic spin sealing has to be done everywhere esle, and Its a poor substitute.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:09 am
but from what I understand, Tbanna gas is too powerful to put in anything snaller than an E-web.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:14 am
ah dunno. I'm not a blasterhead like you or nospai. I'm more into the jedi order and philosophies than simply firing a wee 'lil blaster.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:52 am
Wee little blaster.
No wonder you thought giving me a DL-18 was a good way to buy me off.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:02 pm
There are other gases that can be used, but Tibanna is the most common.

I'm not sure whether synthetic spin-sealing is less effective than Bespin's natural stuff. Bespin gas is either more valuable because it's more effective, or simply cheaper because it doesn't have to go through the spin-sealing process. Either way, good business.

Tibanna gas (not spin-sealed) is also used in starship engines.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 pm
as a coolant right?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:07 pm
I think so.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:42 am
Nospai Deathous
yes, i love weapons. but that's besides the point.

the star wars weapons are mostly heavily modified real-world weapons, mostly from WW2. i have a fun time finding and recognizing them. see how many you can spot, and put your findings here. here's what i found (pictures where available):

Boba Fett's rifle,
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
is most obviously a vietnam-era M79
(heavily modified)

Han's blaster
is the classic WWI-era P96
(heavily modified)

Actually, Fett's rifle (in both TESB and ROTJ) are slightly modified flare guns. I'm not sure of the exact model, but they are flare guns. ROTJ just had some grips added on the barrel, a shorter barrel, the end of the barrel was different, and a different scope. While it does look similar to the m79, it's nothing more than an old flare gun.  

ViperVenomous

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:28 pm
edit: argh, you're right about the ROTJ being a flare gun, but i'm not so sure about the ESB one...

and by the by, tibanna gas is by no means the most powerful, or best. i'm gonna say it's cheap and good business, because on bespin all they have to do is package it, rather than process it (it's already spun-sealed).

also, it really makes no sense for it to be a coolant as well as a blaster gas. Cale's right, it can't be used in small blasters; i think it can only be used in disruptors. while they're powerful gases for weapon use (usually laser cannons and some turbolasers), they're highly inefficient and react by producing a lot of heat as well as energy.

the galaxy starts to move away from tibanna a few years after the battle of endor, tho it's assumed there isn't one that's used as universally. i'm willing to bet they'd be able to synthetically produce a more efficient gas, considering all the other synthetics they make.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:57 pm
so, should I edit the entry I made?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:55 am
if you want. you could just add something like it was written soon after, or before the battle of yavin...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:12 am
feh. I'll just edit it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:55 pm
Okay in terms of Star Wars weapons, I remember from one of the RP books that there was a gun called the Flachette Launcher. It was pretty damaging, and it was almost impossible for even a Jedi to doge. It shot out a canister that exploded into several sharpnel parts to attack you at high speeds, similar to a shotgun.

So if this weapon was so powerful...why didn't anybody use it against the Jedi....or did they?O.o;

(Sorry if I'm topic I'm new here ^^; )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:02 pm
I think Tibanna was used because it was very easy to ionize and create plasma with.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:44 pm
Ayanami Rei First Child
Okay in terms of Star Wars weapons, I remember from one of the RP books that there was a gun called the Flachette Launcher. It was pretty damaging, and it was almost impossible for even a Jedi to doge. It shot out a canister that exploded into several sharpnel parts to attack you at high speeds, similar to a shotgun.

So if this weapon was so powerful...why didn't anybody use it against the Jedi....or did they?O.o;

(Sorry if I'm topic I'm new here ^^; )

it was probably used but it probably had a signifigant disadvantage to the blasters of the galaxy, thus explaining why it wasn't near as common.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games