Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:10 pm
Just Bought Forever Odd after a year I can finally start the sequel to Odd Thomas. Can't wait to dig in.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:26 pm
I just started Across the Nightingale Floor.
I'm loving the writing.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:08 pm
s**t i love to read.
I just finished the broker last night, it was a good book. As for goths that like to read I only know 4, the rest like to headbang to metal with me or with out me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 am
eek I crave the fresh smell of old printed slightly mildewed ink.....another day.
hmmm...I just finished The Lovely Bones which was sweet. Oh and Night and I'm looking for one called Ophelia.
I have a friend who needs to loan me books! scream (ashes honey?) whee  

AdrianaKitten

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:21 am
define...read stare  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:09 pm
i read vampire books constantly  

-XxPhantom_Dreamer-xX

Lynnden_472

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:13 am
Honey, I read every chance that I get, I love to read and almost all my friends hate going to book stores with me because I can spend hours.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 am
I read but most all fiction makes me want to shred the book.  

AbsintheGorgon

Obeydontstray

1,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:54 pm
I sense there's something in the wind...

I know maybe 3 other goths around here and they like to read. All of 'em are quite intelligent.

As for me I'm finishing the Twilight series. Some of my fave books though are Bram Stoker's Dracula, Marry Shelly's Frankenstein, Tim Burton's 'The Melencholy Death of Oyster Boy', Stephen King's 'Pet Semetary' and 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon', The Scarlet Letter, The Crucible, and anything Poe.

I love to read but I don't read as much now as I did in high school. I read Eragon in 3 days in highschool! Now that I'm working I don't get as much time to myself. Sucks.

...that feels like there's tragedy at hand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 pm
Hells yes I read. I mainly read when i get bored or for school. Thats why i helped create a reading club for our school, me and my friend naruto(real name Sebastian) joined. We read World War Z, Secret Life of Bees, and many more but I'm more of a manga kind of person  

Demonic_angels

Yzarc Huckleberry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:59 am
I love to read, I am currently reading "The Divine Comedy" by Dante Alighieri. I love to learn and one of the best ways I find to do that is by reading. I use to play the corinet in the sixth grade.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:42 pm
I was the girl walking down the school hallways with her nose in a book, and finding someplace to sit and read peacefully at recess.

I'm not so much of a bookworm any more, because I've had less time and been very buisy, and haven't found anything really spellbinding recently. I've gotten to the point where I've read so many books I can usually predict what will happen and exactly how it will happen by the end. It's really frustrating actually.
I still get really happy though in bookstores, and around a lot of books, and reading is still one of my favorite things to do.

Also, I dunno if it's just me, but new books of quality seem to be dwindling. Most of the new series just make me want to take a chain saw to my brain. Like Twilight and all the bizzilions of response were-wolf and/or vampire/ witch/ demon ficlets rampaging through the shelves.

I am rather anamored with Christopher Moore's writting right now. He makes me very happy.  

NewAgeAntique

the_underworks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:48 pm
I happen to be a freak. I only enjoy reading numbers. I'd read spec sheets rather than long articles.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm
User Image
Just like NewAgeAntique, I used to be the girl with her nose in a book walking down the hall and at recess but sadly not anymore. Now I just read in my spare time and when I get bored. I just don't have the time to really put my nose in a read. But I am currently reading the Night World, as much as possible, it's a pretty good read though it could be written a bit better.

MissHorrorstar

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 pm
I've been dying to try the bizarro genre lately. Stuff by Jeremy Robert Johnson and Andre Duza, especially.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff