Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 pm
Faster?
You mean Choreographed.

The Fights in the OT had weight, had a feeling of danger, and they didn't take up the whole damn movie. s**t was getting done while it was going on.

But you can not deny that the PT and FU both make the Force out to be basically God Mode, where the Force in the OT was much more arcane. Actual uses of it were impressive.
Now? All the stuff in the OT is old hat. Weak. Everyone can use a mind trick, everyone can force choke, and everyone can use Force Lightning.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 pm
Cale Darksun
Faster?
You mean Choreographed.

The Fights in the OT had weight, had a feeling of danger, and they didn't take up the whole damn movie. s**t was getting done while it was going on.

But you can not deny that the PT and FU both make the Force out to be basically God Mode, where the Force in the OT was much more arcane. Actual uses of it were impressive.
Now? All the stuff in the OT is old hat. Weak. Everyone can use a mind trick, everyone can force choke, and everyone can use Force Lightning.

....I mean faster, as it actually looks like a swordfight and not a fencing-like snoozefest.

An of course multiple people will know those abilities, as both take place during a period when there were more Jedi to teach it to.  

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:38 pm
There were more 'Jedi' than you realize, during the OT.

The problem is, the OT had very poor choreographing that didn't do justice to the characters they were using. 30 years of improvements means a big difference.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:42 pm
The hell are you talking about? All the expanded Universe Force Users and Jedi in Hiding? I know about them and they're not involved here.

What I'm talking about is that, at least in the Origional Trilogy, it looked more real.

I don't recall yawning a single time while watching the old lightsaber battles, but the same can not be said in the new ones.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Magda Strongfang

Romantic Shapeshifter

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:50 pm
Eh. It does look real....for two old guys trying to fight each other. Vader's what by Ep IV, in his late 40s to early 50s and in armor?

Besides, it doesn't need to look real, despite that the New Trilogy does look more real. It's younger Jedi, thus they're obviously going to be faster with a saber.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:00 pm
Yoda.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:43 pm
Faster with a saber also means the fight will end faster too. Because the faster you go, the more mistakes you make. An olympic fencer who practices saber will know that most matches take less than 2 minutes to rack up a win, and that's if you're including walking back to the start point.

They're not realistic at all. Note on mustafar where a good full second is spent twirling lightsabers around their body, before meeting each other, and then trying to knock each other back with the force. That kind of maneuver? If a real person tried that, I'm pretty sure that anyone with a hint of experience would have taken the time to just stab the other.

But I digress, this isn't a debate thread, this is a Rant thread. If you wish to continue it, I suggest taking the hot air battle of personal preferences to someplace more appropriate.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:20 pm
Hy got a rant. Hets. Hets are great. But nobody vears dem like dey used to hennymore. Hyu only see really de same kind uf het over und over again. Baseball hets und fedoras. Vatever heppened to top hets, kepis, panamas und bicornes? De age uf great hets hes long sinced past und ve're hall de lesser for it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 pm
The best example of that would be Dooku. He took out both Obi-Wan and Anakin with just a flick of his wrist. Yoda and Papa Palps duel could have lasted for hours.

Speed only works for Vaapad or Juyo, relying on the fact that you completely overwhelm your opponent in the fury within a short time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:32 pm
Dat's anodder tink! Dooku, Obi-van, Anakin, Yoda, Palpantine; None uf doze guys vore hets! In fact, de only person vo vore a het in henny uf de movies vas Luke! Dats vy he's a betta protagonist ten Anakin! Its hall about de Het. Und dat brinks me to my nekst tink dat makes me mad: In Firefly, only de badguys vore hets. Hets schould not be restricted to badguys alone! Malcom Reynolds vould hef looked avezum in a het! A really big vun! Bah. At least Jack Schparrow knev de importance uf a goot het.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:37 pm
Mal wore a bonnet once, it was very adorable...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:29 pm
Okay, so I'm playing Galactic Civ 2. I have a huge empire, called the Protoss. We have the best technology, a whole 1/3 of the galactic population, and the largest fleet. I'm all set up to win.

And what happens? Pirates coordinate an attack and capture abour 26 of my planets, cutting my population (and thus my taxes) from 1 trillion down to about 660 billion.

Now I know how Palpatine felt  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:27 am
Rant away, people. But remember to rant.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:03 pm
ElladanKenet
Okay, so I'm playing Galactic Civ 2. I have a huge empire, called the Protoss. We have the best technology, a whole 1/3 of the galactic population, and the largest fleet. I'm all set up to win.

And what happens? Pirates coordinate an attack and capture abour 26 of my planets, cutting my population (and thus my taxes) from 1 trillion down to about 660 billion.

Now I know how Palpatine felt

And now a glitch. Sometimes, when I minimize the game, it refuses to maximize, and it ends up 'Not Responding'

Ugh -_-  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:38 pm
If my boss tells me to get a hearing aid one more time, I'm going to shove the peeler into his eardrum and burn down the store.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff