Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:10 pm
It's a religious forum....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:16 pm
I don't find that at all surprising. I think they're trying to say that they're ready for the Rapture, as god's true believers, and won't be around for the destruction of the planet, or whatever it is that comes next. I dunno, the movie wasn't all that clear on it.

Well, I'm knackered, and I got 2 more mouths to feed yesterday, and am getting another tomorrow, so, g'night all. *hugs for all the cool peoples*
*special big hug for dronze cuz he's the awesomest*  

Ravenlady13

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:10 am
I consider myself a Misotheist, because God sucks. He tells you to kill your own family if they don't worship Him.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:24 am
yea... although there's no way of covering for genocide better than religion.  

dronze
Vice Captain

lanceknightmare

Intermediate Member

8,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:48 am
That's what history says anyway, but what about all those "sleepwalkers" or "insane people" over the years that have committed murder?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:10 am
I classify organized religion as a mental illness... so they get lumped in.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Ravenlady13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:04 am
mental illness isn't always bad- see, there's a difference between mentally ill and crazy. Me= mentally ill (anxiety disorder), Jim Jones= crazy (formed a cult and got them all to drink poisoned kool-aid).See the difference?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:53 am
then there's the mentaly ill AND crazy... like Pat Robertson who thinks he prayed away a hurricane.... God complex and stupid..... wink  

Lady Rayya

Dreccas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:30 am
Rofling at first i was gonna be upset over boxman getting a mention..but after reading that i take back those thought XD kudos to boxman...wow did i just say kudos...wow...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:10 am
Ravenlady13
mental illness isn't always bad- see, there's a difference between mentally ill and crazy. Me= mentally ill (anxiety disorder),

I don't understand why people classify minor things like anxiety disorder, ADD, schizoid personality disorder, etc. as mental illnesses. It's like if you act contradictory to how society expects you to act, you've got a mental illness.

For example, say you have a society that loves apples--worships apples, eats nothing but apples, bathes in apple juice, whatever. Now one day some guy comes along, and, for whatever reason, says "Hey, you know what? Apples suck. I'm going to start eating oranges now, because oranges rock." You can bet that the psychologists in Appleland are going to label this guy "mentally ill" for liking oranges more than apples.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:54 pm
http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=10790

alrighty, all.... I didn't last too long, and there's the thread why.

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown so many rocks at that particular hornet's nest...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:19 pm
I love you. in a platonic way, mind you.
People with simpleminded misconceptions like the witch who thought Muslims worship Satan piss me off.

They're so set in what they've been taught as truth tat they neglect to actually comprehend what they read. If they read. I am in some doubts as to whether or not they do....
You can;t debate religion unless you've studied both sides....  

Lady Rayya

lanceknightmare

Intermediate Member

8,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:33 pm
When it comes to Religion there aren't just two sides. There are many, several people can read the same page and interpret it differently. And yes people do have the right to debate about this topic. This allows them to see other peoples thoughts and establish a more sound conclusion. Someone could be trying to convince you that something is wrong and actually end up giving facts as to why it is correct.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:42 pm
I wasn't saying that they don't have hat right. I was saying that it isn't a debate unless both sides are acquainted with the FACTS of the other.
It isn't an argument if they no nothing, it's merely contradiction...
and if there are only two people arguing, or a group that believes one thing and someone that doesn't, it is only two sides.
I, however, was speaking of a specific instance. I am aware that religion has more than two sides.  

Lady Rayya

Black Hale

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:24 pm
There's nothing wrong arguing for your religion and what not, but at least get your facts right. Damn it... some of what the people were saying in that RR thing really annoyed me.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games