Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:47 pm

How long you planning to keep her around?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:50 pm

A little while longer.
Frankly I'm at a loss as to where to dump her so she'll tag along until I figure out what to do with her.

why do you ask?

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:51 pm

I'm just wondering how much time you'll be going with the link parodies.

Though I keep thinking back to Sir Galahad of Monty Python Lore... Except he's more like lancelot...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:55 pm

Yeah. They are getting old. Theres only so many times I can make fun of LOZ without getting on people's nerves.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Anything else you want to address?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:05 pm

You know Cale if you just had used the Zelda thing as a starting point and gave your own twist on the character we wouldn't me that adverse to her continued appearance... Maybe make her a bit more complicated then the typical princess stereotype.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:10 pm

stellarmagic
You know Cale if you just had used the Zelda thing as a starting point and gave your own twist on the character we wouldn't me that adverse to her continued appearance... Maybe make her a bit more complicated then the typical princess stereotype.

I'm working on it.
though I am giving thought to her changing her name.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:10 pm

Notice how the first installment of Legacy is now longer than pretty much any installment of any rp?

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:11 pm

Nelowulf
Notice how the first installment of Legacy is now longer than pretty much any installment of any rp?

Is that good or bad?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:13 pm

Means we've been doing a lot of stuff, but a lot of nothing at the same time. Arguing included.

It also means its really popular, since its only been here what, two months? Though, that means there is really no structured plot details to follow, which also means people may burn out their stories too quickly.

Of course, figuring we have seven years to work with, we also have quite a lot more to cover...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:15 pm

Nelowulf
Means we've been doing a lot of stuff, but a lot of nothing at the same time. Arguing included.

It also means its really popular, since its only been here what, two months? Though, that means there is really no structured plot details to follow, which also means people may burn out their stories too quickly.

Of course, figuring we have seven years to work with, we also have quite a lot more to cover...

I'll take it as a good start for a long running RP Series.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:20 pm

The main problem is that we're doing alll these side quests which really don't advance the plot too far. Sure, they have extra stories, but its really a bunch of tales which loosely interact with each other.

I mean, Link's rescuing a princess, I'm off to capture a creature that I made a hundred years ago, FP's stalled on Hapes, the Community is playing delegations, and EK and Stellar duke it out over a small piece of territory.

Nothings really escalating or creating much intervention between the characters. It may be partly my fault, but its just not Ferno to strike up trouble for the hell of it. But seriously, the only other jedi doing anything really is DA, and she just NPCs horny men every post, which to me is getting somewhat repetitive, but its not my place to judge. The other jedi are non-existant (even Voh, who for being a jedi master is doing about as much as a hutt does in combat) and its just not forming connectoins.

Its almost pulp fictiony.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Nelowulf
The main problem is that we're doing alll these side quests which really don't advance the plot too far. Sure, they have extra stories, but its really a bunch of tales which loosely interact with each other.

I mean, Link's rescuing a princess, I'm off to capture a creature that I made a hundred years ago, FP's stalled on Hapes, the Community is playing delegations, and EK and Stellar duke it out over a small piece of territory.

Nothings really escalating or creating much intervention between the characters. It may be partly my fault, but its just not Ferno to strike up trouble for the hell of it. But seriously, the only other jedi doing anything really is DA, and she just NPCs horny men every post, which to me is getting somewhat repetitive, but its not my place to judge. The other jedi are non-existant (even Voh, who for being a jedi master is doing about as much as a hutt does in combat) and its just not forming connectoins.

Its almost pulp fictiony.

Well, what should I be doing?
Suggestions?

And the rescuing part is over with. Now I just need to find out what to do with her.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:26 pm

Maybe give her a useful skill. (Negotiation, Hacking, Natural Skill with a Blaster... Anything man!) It seems to work better when you've at least got a second continuing character with a different perspective to bounce the story off of.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:28 pm

stellarmagic
Maybe give her a useful skill. (Negotiation, Hacking, Natural Skill with a Blaster... Anything man!) It seems to work better when you've at least got a second continuing character with a different perspective to bounce the story off of.

She has a few actually.
Link's learning her Force sight abilities, and she already went to ask the native Geonotians about Drako's fortress.
She's got skills.
She just needs the chance to apply them.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games