Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everything and Anything Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild has everything from all types of rps to polls, to events. 

Tags: roleplays, polls, events, raffles, games and more 

Reply Yaoi/Yuri rp
[$] Not Myself [Avengers rp] (MDaylus) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 533 534 535 536 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:31 pm
MDaylus

Loki frowned when Tony told him that it was more than a scientific disagreement. 'Tony that seems a bit childish but what is this about then?' Loki questioned looking to his mate a bit concerned about the man's lack of amusement. Looking to Charles as the man spoke Loki looked surprised having forgotten that the man could hear him. "Tony is my mate." Loki stated. "However the bond started as a pure magical connection made so I could protect him." Loki explained.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:03 pm
Alikia Tsuki
((Like the new Avi by the way.))

Tony wrinkled his nose slightly at Loki’s question. He was saved from answering when Charles spoke though, holding Loki a little tighter at the question. He had no problems with Charles reading his mind, the mutant was usually polite about it, ignoring his thoughts, or not letting anything show if he did hear them. Having Charles privy to their private conversations was a little strange though for some reason. Charles seemed genuinely interested at Loki’s explanation, Reed also perking up a bit. “So you can achieve this result with magic?’ he asked slowly, head tilting slightly with interest. “That’s fascinating. Is it a constant thing? Do you have to focus to communicate?”

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:12 pm
MDaylus

(Thank you! How are you? You've been kinda in and out for two weeks is everything okay?)

Loki looked back to Tony when the man tightened his hold on him. "Through a great deal of magic yes." Loki nodded. He was unsure on how Charles would feel about magic, he couldn't imagine the man would be disgusted by it with the group of people he worked with. He also wondered how much explanation it would require. "It is a constant thing but it can be closed off if need be. I do not really have to focus on it, when I first formed the bond I had to a bit but since we became mates it has become far more easier to just do it without thinking." Loki explained.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:42 pm
Alikia Tsuki
((Yeah, sorry about that. Everything is fine. I'm actually in the process of trying to get some of my research published in a few journals so I've been crying over revisions for the past few weeks.))

“So is it just thoughts that you can share? Or is it more? Memories, emotions, images?’ Charles continued to question. “Mutants with psychic abilities tend to have varying degrees of abilities, some things are considered more advanced than others, only forming in more powerful psychics, so it’s interesting to find you capable of doing anything with seemingly so little effort.” He admitted. “Wait, so you two, what? Read each other’s thoughts? And you both still interested in being around each other?” Reed asked, a small smile pulling at his lips. “I don’t know many relationships that could last that. Your head is supposed to be that last bastion of privacy.” Tony snorted at Reed. “We don’t have any problems, and it’s not like we go digging around in each other’s minds. Besides, the willingness to open up like this to a partner speaks more about the person and their trust in their partner, don’t you think?’ the inventor replied, smirking when Reed gave him a small glare.

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:55 pm
MDaylus

(No worries, I just worried about you. What sort of research?)

"All of it, the memories and images can take a bit of work because it requires more conscious thought." Loki stated. Listening to Charles explain how some mutants had powers similar in varying power levels. "Magic can be quite powerful and I am especially talented amongst those on Asgard. However the power that it is currently at is due to the bond of being mates I believe." Loki continued. Looking to Reed when the man spoke asking them if they were sure they still wanted to be together after seeing each others minds. "We do not invade each other's thoughts if that is what you think. We are open to each other and share an intimacy that you can only dream of." Loki chided. Looking to Tony when the man spoke he nodded agreeing with his mate. Tony was absolutely right about their openess being a show of trust in each other and their relationship.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:16 pm
Alikia Tsuki
((It's my undergrad research that's grown way more than I anticipated. I'm looking at the representation of minorities, specifically women and religious minorities, in comic books and video games and how they've changed in the last two decades or so. It's horribly nerdy, I know, but the research was enjoyable at least, reading comic books and playing video games actually became a defensible use of my time lol.))

Charles hummed at Loki’s explanation, he still obviously had questions, but Reed’s words cut him off. When Loki backed him up, Tony practically radiated satisfaction. Reed looked like he’d been scolded when both Tony and Loki shot down his opinion. “It’s not the intimacy, it’s simply the fact that not everything is meant to be shared, at least not at first.” Reed said simply. Charles watched the three before he decided to speak again. “So this bond that you speak of, it is not founded in magic?”

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:26 pm
MDaylus

(That sounds awesome. I hope everything works well and it gets published without a hitch. I wish I could play video games and read comics with an epic excuse like that.)

Loki sent amusement and comfort through the bond when Tony radiated satisfaction. He would always back his mate before those that were not close to them even if he was wrong. However Tony was not wrong here and it didn't matter. "You mean to tell me that you have secrets from your wife? I wonder how she would feel about such things. Tony which one is she I think I would like to have words with her." Loki stated. He was determined to completely shut Reed down. He knew of course Reed would protest and as such had no problem ignoring the man in favor of answering Charles once more. "It started with being founded on my magic but I am not sure quite what founds it now. I am not truly familiar with my heritage and the ways of the people I was born of." Loki stated.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 pm
Alikia Tsuki
((Yeah, I hope so. I've had a lot of trouble getting this research to even be allowed. People don't think comic books and video games deserve to be looked at. But they can be really influential in how young children and teenagers view the world and people, just like any media. If Iron Man comics and movies came out with really controversial stuff, people would flip out.
Sorry for the mini rant. sweatdrop ))

Reed blinked at Loki’s words and scowled. “That’s not what I meant and you know it.” He fumed. His anger brought Tony massive amounts of amusement and he just basked in the glory that was his mate. ‘You are so hot. I’ve told you that right?’ he asked lightly. Charles nodded his understanding to Loki’s explanation. “That is understandable I suppose.” Charles said lightly. “I am intrigued that you agreed with this though Tony. You weren’t too fond of my abilities when we first met.’ He said slowly. Tony smirked, shaking his head. “You know I’ve grown up a bit since then.” Tony replied. “And no offense, you aren’t Loki.” Charles just laughed at that, nodding.

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:03 pm
MDaylus

(I hate how much bullshit there is in such things. Gaming isn't viable research. Are you kidding me? How much of the industry that produces such things does research. Comics as well, it is just ridiculous.)

Loki felt his own amusement spike when Reed fumed that he knew that was not what the scientist meant. Feeling Tony's amusement only fueled his own. 'You have indeed told me such things.' Loki sent amusement to the man. Hearing Charles say that he was surprised that Tony had allowed such things caused Loki to flush a bit in his guilt. He opened his mouth to explain that it had been his fault, however Tony spoke before he could. The man was explaining that he had grown up since then and the older man was not Loki. The god squeezed his mate's hand in a form of thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:39 pm
Alikia Tsuki
((I think a large part of it is that people just haven't thought of looking into these fields in the past. There really is very little old research to go on, so it makes the old researchers feel uncomfortable. I've pretty much been flying solo through this research, making up things as I go. That breaks the 'traditional' model people like to follow. But I've been happy with what's come out, and I think I've changed one or two minds along the way. It's not much, but it's a start.))

Tony simply ran his thumb along the back of Loki’s hand, knowing that Loki was silently thanking him. But it was the truth. It might have all been an accident, but Tony had never really questioned it. A moment or two at the very beginning , but not since. He loved this connection too much now, it was as natural as breathing to him and more comforting than anything had ever been. Bruce smiled softly, seeing the small hints of Tony and Loki’s care for one another. “They’re good for each other. You should see them on a day to day basis. I’ve never seen Tony be so nondestructive. And from the way Thor tells it, Loki has always been a prankster. And he’s only gotten in trouble once or twice.” He explained slowly, Charles smiling warmly at that. “I can imagine. Though…..the term mate…..it does seem a bit more…..definitive than lover.” He said, arching a brow at the pair.

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:58 pm
MDaylus

(*nods* trust me I understand. Well I am super happy that you've discovered so much along the way and changed some minds.)

Loki smiled softly at Tony when the man ran his thumb over the back of his hand. Looking back to Bruce as the man spoke he blushed a bit embarrassed when the man said that Charles should see them on a daily basis. Bruce telling the man how much they had not gotten in trouble as opposed to not being with each other. Seeing Charles smile warmly at them Loki relaxed. "We did not know about the term until Thor invited my brothers to speak with me. Brothers I did not know I had and they explained how far our bond had gone and what it meant to their culture. It is indeed more definitive than a lover." Loki nodded. He did not know what Charles or Reed would think of that but if it was anything like Clint it could be met with surprise enough to cause a bit of a disturbance. He cared not what the two men thought however, Tony was his and he was not going to let anyone separate them.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:46 am
Alikia Tsuki
((But if I disappear for periods over the next month or so, that's what's going on. I promise I've not forgotten or lost interest.))

Charles and Reed sat in silence for a few moments, absorbing that information. Reed was the first to speak, shaking his head. “And Here I thought Tony would be the eternal bachelor.” Tony didn’t seem insulted by the notion, just giving another small shrug. “Perhaps I would have been. What are the odds of a person meeting an alien demigod?” he responded simply. “Or of that god being available and interested?” added with a smirk. “Well I am glad for you, for both of you.” Charles said slowly. “Everyone deserves such an opportunity in their life.” He said slowly. “Now I believe I’ve thoroughly tested your patience with my questions. I believe you may have some questions for myself and Reed. You need not be concerned about offending, I assure you, anything you ask or say is nothing we haven’t heard before.”

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:48 pm
MDaylus

(No worries I just wanted to make sure you were okay)

Loki watched the two men absorb what they had been told, only to roll his eyes when Reed proclaimed he thought Tony would be the eternal bachelor. So many people doubted Tony's capacity for relationships, he knew his mate had many flings in the past but he also knew there was at least one relationship that lasted a considerable amount of time. Hearing Tony state that perhaps he would have been if not for meeting an alien demigod who was avaliable and interested. "Thank you." Loki thanked when Charles proclaimed he was happy for them both and that everyone deserved such an opportunity. Nodding when Charles assumed he had questions for both me and to not worry about offending them. "Tony has told me that it seems most powers come from gene mutation or from some sort of exposure to radiation but are there other was for one to gain such powers? Are there any born with a mutation in their genes with powers. I know that in the past Midgard had magic but there is so little of it now that I can sense."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:09 pm
Alikia Tsuki

Charles took a breath, thinking through Loki’s questions. “There are a good number of mutants in the world, though many have powers that are very weak, or only work in certain situations, so they do not even know they have these powers. Radiation of varying kinds have caused a large variety of powers, for the most part the only other way that people have gained powers and abilities is through scientific experiment and sometimes scientific mistakes. Steve Rogers was injected with a serum that was developed to give him his strength, health, and other traits, there have been others that have been experimented on, willingly or not, that have gained powers. And some were involved in unfortunate accidents that brought about their abilities.” Charles explained slowly. As for mutants, were are born with our abilities, often they don’t develop until we are hitting puberty, and some of us need to be thrown into extreme circumstances to bring out our abilities.” Tony nodded slightly at Charles’ explanation, providing mental images of a few of the heroes Charles was bringing up.

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Pet Lover 100

Alikia Tsuki
Captain

Invisible Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:33 pm
MDaylus

Loki listened intently when Charles answered his question. He was a bit surprised to hear that many mutants did not know that they had powers because they were too weak or only activated in certain situations. To Loki that seemed quite strange when even as a child he had been able to wield his seidr. He knew about how Captain Rodgers had gained his 'powers' but hearing that others had been experiment unwillingly angered the god. It sounded too much like torture and hit too close to him. Nodding as Tony showed him images of what Charles spoke about. "How are you viewed on Midgard?" Loki questioned. "What sort of animosity do you face? Tony has told me of a man named Magneto who has caused a bit of trouble. I wonder merely because it sounds vaguely like I will be considered a mutant at first with my magic if they do not figure out who I am quickly enough. I wonder what I will face with the public's intrigue. I know I will face much more when they find out who I am and what I have done."  
Yaoi/Yuri rp

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 533 534 535 536 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games