Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rogue_Chimaera

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:56 am
I am new to the Guild, and technically new to Gaia. I joined last year, but never had the time to explore until recently. I am looking forward to conversing with people who actually know how to use appropriate language. I am a proud grammar geek! One of my pet peeves is bad grammar in an otherwise excellent post. I dislike it when someone has an excellent argument about something, but I can't focus on their point of view due to the glaringly obvious spelling errors. I am a bit a**l retentive, but overall a pretty decent person. cool biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:58 am
I'm a new member of this guild... I'm 14, doing very well in English at school, and I hope that taking part in this guild will better my chances in getting on the honour roll.
Everyone here seems to be very serious about proper grammar, and I am glad to be a part of your community.
Wish you all a good day.  

SinnyStar

Invisible Star

lainshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:29 am
Hello, I'm new here. Hope we can spread this towards the rest of the people that go on Gaia ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:09 pm
Hi! I'm a literate seventeen year old, just looking for people to talk to who don't sound like idiots when they reply with their frickin' 'lol', and that other crap. I do have friends on Yahoo Messenger that use netspeak, but my only exception to my anti-netspeak is that if you are from a different country and English isn't you're main speaking language, or if you are disabled. I have many friends from all over the world, but at least they -try- to spell correctly, instead of most of the population of Gaia who's lazy as f..u..c..k (This is only to get by the censorship that has recently been introduced into Gaia). I would be honored for any one of the guilds literate people to be added to my buddy list.

For the things I like, look at my profile. biggrin  

iXenu

darkrose_eve

1,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:40 am
My Gaian name is darkrose_eve and my real name is Evelyn but you guys can call me Rose, Evelyn or even Eve, I don't mind any of them. smile I have been 18 years old since December 22nd, I am a resident of California and I am currently a high school senior who does well in English. I've taken 3 honors classes during my high school years and I enjoyed each one of them. I am currently in a regular class where people bearly know how to speak and read.
I enjoy video games (RPGs), my computer, anime, reading, writing and televison. Details on exatly what television shows, games and anime are on my profile, which you are welcome to check out. My resons for joining this guild are because I want to have a conversation with people who I can actually understand what they say. Anyone who would like to talk to me is welcome to do so. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:23 pm
Well, I don't tell people my real name over the internet because it freaks me out, so you can call me Horse. I don't usually talk in huge words unless I'm in the mood to, even though I know a lot of them. I get some of the better English and vocabulary grades in my class, but I still make typos. I like to ride horses, read, write, and play music. If you want to know more about me, read my journal. I'm sure I'll get around to updating it when something interesting happens... confused  

Requiem Dare

Popoyuanbro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:43 pm
Hello. My name is Michael, I'm 16 years old, and I'm currently a junior attending high school in Maryland, USA. I must say, I'm a tad bit confounded at why so many people included the fact that they're "literate" in their introduction posts. Doesn't the fact that they're typing out the post in itself show that they're literate? Making that statement seem quite redundant.. Also, being literate doesn't necessarily mean they use proper grammar, which makes that statement irrelevant in correlation with the name of the guild. Unless they felt the need to announce their ability to read and write just for the hell of it.. Which I find completely unecessary. I realize that I may have just made a pretty bad impression of myself, but I tend to go with my feeling to point out certain annoyances.. Pleasure meeting you all.........  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:20 pm
Hello everyone, I'm Ashley. A.k.a. Winry_chan13.
biggrin
Nice to meet you all!! mrgreen
I hope I can actually meet someone intelligent here who isn't hung up on "txt tlk."

heh.  

winry_chan13

shizzieshiz

Tipsy Lunatic

9,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:36 pm
Hello everyone!
My name is Lisa. I'm a 24-year-old college student, living in Tennessee. I'm a singer/songwriter and love most kinds of music. I'm trying to graduate from MTSU and plan on going to Tokyo when I'm finished.

You can call me Leesey, Liser, theshiz, shizzie or whatever you feel comfortable calling me.

I hope to meet some awesome people here!

Have a great day/night! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:29 am
Hello!! My name's Munia and I'm from Spain. English is not my mother tongue, and I can't speak or write it as well as I'd like to, but it's a language I love, and finding a guild where people are actually interested in using it correctly was like a gift from heaven. Pleased to meet you all!! blaugh  

Munia

Friendly Gaian

11,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Firestarter 200

Omni_Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:40 am
Umm, hello. sweatdrop I'd write more but introductions are something I need to work on..... a lot.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:06 pm
I'm a 25-year-old grammar lover. Yep. Hello people!  

Numlaenau

Ishita_Kanzar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:14 pm
I'm new to Gaia (only made my account yesterday), and quite obviously, am new to this guild.

Hello everyone!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:30 pm
Hello, guild!
I'm new, and I don't like my real name, so it would be great if you guys could please call me Fire. I like Fire (obviously), purple, grammar, reading, drawing... And.. a whole bunch of other things, the list is just too long.. ^^ I hope to make friends and further discuss good grammar while in this guild!  

FireChild21894

Cute Senshi

13,350 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Object of Affection 150

[~Rommie~]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:49 pm
Hi!
I'm new to the guild. I'm 16, live in good old rainy Washington. I love it here though, it's perfect for me and I can't picture myself going anywhere else.

I'm musically inclined, I sing and play the flute, as well as a few other instruments. I love music in general.

I take all honors classes, and unfortunatly, have ridiculous teachers who don't challenge us at all.

I wanted to come to this guild because it seems like a great place to talk to people who are smart enough to listen to what teachers taught you in 2nd grade smile

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games