Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)
Super Training Room [Times increased.] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:13 pm
The sound and sensation from the move made me sick for a split second, but I managed to regain myself in time to scan Thistle and the energy it unleashed using the SNAG's Pokedex feature. "That was Dragon Pulse," I explained when Wren asked.

Though Dark Pulse pushed through Dragon Pulse, likely because Thistle didn't get the confidence boost from Wren telling him to use the move, it made me wonder how to progress through this battle, despite it just being a sparring match. After a moment, though, it came to me. "Try using Swagger," I told Trubbish.

This didn't need much energy, but using a little Normal-type energy did help give Trubbish's words and movements a bit of a kick. Trubbish mocked Thistle for being slow, and insisted that he didn't have a chance in this battle. Trubbish's intention, was to blind Thistle in anger, and Confusing it as a result.

[Trubbish: 8+2=10/25]  
Requiem of Whyspers generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 1!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm
"I...Didn't know he could do that..." Wren admitted, blushing slightly in embarrassment. Shouldn't he have spent a bit more time learning about what his Pokemon could do before doing all this training, he wondered. But then again, that was also part of the point of all this. Not only to let them get some much needed exercise but to learn about them. To see into their hearts and understand them. "Thistle..." The Swagger came before he could apologize to his Pokemon for the lack of confidence in him and, despite the Channeler's attempts to call out and distract him, the Skrelp was driven beyond anger and straight into fury by Trubbish's jeering. "Thistle, focus! Use Iron Tail!"

Wren's call seemed to make it through but to the Water-type, he couldn't figure out what he was supposed to be hitting with his tail just yet so he ended up just floating in his pool with his tail fins coated in Steel-energy for a moment, looking confused. Unfortunately, Wren didn't look any less confused just now. Why had he called that move of all of them?

Thistle: 10/25 +2  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Requiem of Whyspers rolled 5 4-sided dice: 3, 2, 4, 3, 3 Total: 15 (5-20)

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:31 pm
((Re-rolling for Confusion. First dice determines the number of turns and the first non-four die after that determines if confusion holds this turn. After this turn, I'll roll 1-3 instead.))  
Requiem of Whyspers generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:25 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

Wren's call seemed to make it through but to the Water-type, he couldn't figure out what he was supposed to be hitting with his tail just yet so he ended up just floating in his pool with his tail fins coated in Steel-energy for a moment, looking confused. Unfortunately, Wren didn't look any less confused just now. Why had he called that move of all of them?

Thistle: 10/25 +2

Confusion = 1/3 Turns

After a moment, the Pokemon finally put two and two together and leaped from his pool to attack, flipping over and attempting to smack Trubbish on the head with his tail coated in Steel energy. Whether he hit Trubbish or the floor, he'd use the recoil to bounce back to his pool.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 pm
Even though Thistle resisted Fighting-type moves, I though if he could hit his tail, the Steel-type energy in it would have a negative reaction that would increase the damage dealt. "Use Drain Punch, and try hitting his tail with it," I ordered.

Trubbish gathered Fighting type energy into his fists while keeping his eyes on Thistle. When the opposing Poison-type came close, Trubbish punched at him with his energy-imbued fist, though with the way Thistle flipped, it was hard to say where on his body Drain Punch would land.

[Trubbish: 10+2=12/25]  
Requiem of Whyspers generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:38 pm
Wren cringed when Thistle was hit. The poor Pokemon looked like he had managed to make contact with Trubbish but that Drain Punch caught him right in the side and sent him flopping across the floor rather uselessly at first.

"Thistle, use Water Pulse and get some water under you again!" Wren urged, hoping the little Pokemon would be able to work through his confusion to follow the directive. He didn't want to call the sparring match short to make sure he wasn't going to suffocate but he would if he had to. Luckily, that wasn't the case. Thistle flopped around for a moment before conjuring up a ball of water and slamming it into the ground. The explosion of water coated his gils enough to get a decent breath, after which, he hopped upright and spit another vibrating ball of subsonic noise and water at Trubbish, hopping back to his pool afterward.

Confusion = 2/3 Turns

Thistle: 12/25 + 2  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:46 pm
Against some enemies, I wouldn't have a problem taking advantage of a situation like this. But this was just training, and Thistle didn't deserve to suffer. "Rala," was all I had to say. Rala teleported beside Thistle, picked him up, and walked toward his pool, letting the half-Water-type in. With that done, she teleported away back to whatever it was she was doing beforehand.

"Alright, now we can continue," I said, smiling at Wren before looking down at Trubbish. "Why don't we give our friend a helping hand? Use Rainy Day." Trubbish channeled Water-type energy into a cloud that floated up to the ceiling, pouring rain down on all of us.

[Trubbish: 12+2=14/25]  
Requiem of Whyspers generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm
Thistle wouldn't admit it but he appreciated the assistance getting back into his pool. When Terashi ordered the rain to fall, though, he became confused again. Did he not realized that as long as it was raining, it would be easier for him to fight out of the pool?

"Don't look a gift Blitzle in the mouth, Thistle. Just roll with this." Wren urged. "Try and use Dragon Pulse again!"

The Skrelp attempted to follow his trainer's directions but as he charged up the Dragon-type energy for his attack, he became momentarily confused as to what he was supposed to do with it again. Wren hadn't been specific enough! Panicking for a moment, Thistle allowed the Dragon-type move to overcharge and it exploded in his face, damaging him in the process. It did seem to knock him back to his senses again, though.

Confusion = 3/3 Turns

Thistle: 14/25 +2  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm
That was the point of Rainy Day. I wanted Thistle to have more maneuverability so that this training session would be more interesting. It did have a secondary benefit that I was about to display, however. Seeing Thistle's Dragon Pulse explode in its face worried me, but I had a feeling he could take it.

"Trubbish, try Giga Drain again," I ordered. Trubbish happily charged Grass-type energy - the rain was washing away his stench and he didn't appreciate it. Though he didn't attack the cloud of Rain Dance itself. He still remembered he was in a battle and gave Thistle another taste of this powerful energy-draining move, restoring some of the vitality he'd lost earlier.

[Trubbish: 14+2=16/25]  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm
Thistle did indeed weather the exploded Dragon Pulse with relative ease. "Thistle, use Iron Tail again!" Wren called. This time, the fish managed to not flop across the ground but to hurl itself from the earth with it's tail coated in Steel Energy. The Giga Drain hurt a bit but it wasn't enough to through him off course as he bounced from one spot to the next with surprisingly mobility now that he could breath out of the pond. Once he got close, he'd attempt to slap Trubbish right in the face with his tail before hopping away again.

Thistle: 16/25 +2  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:06 pm
"Deflect with Rock Blast," I told Trubbish as Thistle prepared another attack from above. Thistle happily turned Rock-type energy into a scattering of energy orbs which were shaped like boulders. He then lauched them at Thistle, knowing that not all of them would hit. Thistle would definitely get hit by some if he didn't veer away from Trubbish, though.

[Trubbish: 16+2=18/25]  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:08 pm
Thistle's attack did, in fact scatter the orbs of Trubbish's Rock Blast and, while he tried to dodge them he couldn't evade them all. What he could do, however, was use Bubble to entrap a few of the stones within explosive water grenades as he dodged them. Getting hit by the ones he couldn't trap did, end up sending him sprawling, though, after about the third one. By then, though, he had sent just as many back at Trubbish with a double-typed counter attack.

Thistle: 18/25 + 2 = 20/25  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

As promised, it was Rowlet's turn to train. The little bird was overjoyed as they were heading to the training room. "I'm sorry Rowlet we couldn't find anyone to train with. It looks like it's going to be just us. So I'm gonna have you train against Riolu like old times ok?" Rowlet nodded happily as he was on the girl's head while Riolu was walking along side them. As they entered the training room, both of them went on opposites ends of the field. Ulla was towards the side center while she was putting up a forestry terrain. They were surrounded by trees and many bushes while the lighting of the room was a bit dimmed as if it the sun was about to set. "With this kind of terrain, you guys will need to focus on your senses and make sure you guys aren't pinned against a tree. You'll need to act fast on which direction you are gonna need to go and where your opponent is. Understand?" She asked as she left the control panel, both of her Pokemon nodded.

The little girl smiled as she sat down and looked at both of them. "I want you guys to open up with your strongest physical hitter. So Rowlet, that's going to be your Brave Bird. Riolu that's going to be your Iron Tail. Once one finds the other, I will keep calling moves out for you guys. Ready? Begin!" Both of them quickly dashed into the trees to find some cover as they were looking for a way to land a surprise attack on the other. Ulla pulled up a small screen in front of her to watch both of her Pokemon. "Now. Let's see who will find who first."

[Riolu 0/5 Happiness
Rowlet 5/20 Evo Points]  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:31 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

While Ulla was watching her Pokemon on the screen, her other Pokemon popped out of their Pokeballs and started watching as well. They were all close to the little girl as she started to feel a little uncomfortable. "....You know I can make it bigger if you guys wanna watch." She said as she widen the screen that way all of them could see without being so close together.

Riolu was running from bush to bush as he was trying to find Rowlet. He tried to find the owl by reading his aura, but once he spotted him, he would lose him. While Rowlet was flying in the trees passing through the branches with ease while searching for Riolu. Soon enough Rowlet spotted Riolu, he then flew higher out of the trees. Riolu kept searching around for Rowlet as he soon heard chirping, he looked up to see Rowlet wanting to do a direct attack. Riolu panicked as he quickly turned his body to use Iron Tail but took the full blown hit as he slid back against a tree. "Amazing surprise attack Rowlet! Riolu your senses are key when it comes to an unknown attack. Remember, if you turn off one of your senses like your sight, your senses to read aura becomes a little stronger! Now Rowlet, use Leaf Blade while Riolu use Quick Atttack!" She shouted as her other Pokemon were cheering.

Rowlet's wings started glowing green as they were enveloped by the energy to shape like blades. Riolu took a running stance as if he was about to start a race, the two then charged at one another as several attempts of their attacks clashed against one another while a few were able to connect.

[Riolu 0/5 Happiness
Rowlet 5+1=6/20 Evo]  

Cecile Silverstone

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

Ulla watched carefully as to how they were letting their bodies move with every blow. Riolu focused on getting up close and personal, making sure not to let Rowlet have any room to do much. As expected seeing how he was a fighter type. While Rowlet focused on his opponent's body language to determine where they will move next. "Hmm....interesting." Ulla said to herself as she realized that now would be a good time to switch up what moves they should use. "Rowlet try to get some distance and use Razer Leaf. Riolu try dodging as best as you can." She said as she was paying much more attention this time.

Rowlet and Riolu clashed their moves one last time as they both had a smile on their face as they were both trying their hardest. Rowlet quickly pushed itself back and started flying in between the trees. Riolu followed right behind hopping from tree branch to tree branch. Rowlet made some pretty narrow decisions to go through as he purposely looked for branches that were close together to where Riolu couldn't fit. When the bird did do that, Riolu would have to take another route by going around it. When Rowlet got enough distance, he turned his body to face Riolu as he shot leaves one by one aiming directly where he would think Riolu would step to next. Riolu jumped over a few of them but took a few hits as Rowlet was one step faster to see where Riolu would step to next. "So Rowlet is really good with aiming those leaves. Well, seeing how his line of evolution...I'd expect nothing less seeing how Decidueye are very well-known sharpshooters. Riolu it's time you go on the offensive. Close the gap and use Iron Tail! Rowlet use Peck!'

[Riolu 0/5 Happiness
Rowlet 6+1=7/20 Evo]  
The Colosseum (for battles, training, challenges, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games