Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:50 pm
Yea. If you go by the games, flechette launchers were usually quite large and bulky.

Also, it was like a shotgun, great at close range, but really useless past 10 meters or so.

Its an explosion propelling shrapnel, not a blasterbolt or a bullet that is guided down the barrel, so you can never really tell where they would hit.

Also, I don't think they were really that strong against armored opponents at great distances either.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:54 pm
good point. they're not very good against armor opponents.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:09 pm
Cale Darksun
good point. they're not very good against armor opponents.

Yes, but you forget the fact that Jedi were NEVER armoured. I'm just saying that since the droid army never had much luck with Blasterbolts they could just shoot insane amounts of shrapnel at the Jedi, ESPECIALLY with their more armoured units so they wouldn't be able to hurt eachother much. Think about it.... ninja

As I said this was STRICTLY against JEDI. This was not against like clone troopers or anything else....just to kill Jedi.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:17 pm
Horse crap. During the clone wars, Jedi wore armor. Nt all but theres enough to prove it was an option.
It was not designed as a jedi killing weapon. there was no market for it in that aspect and by the time it came around the Empire had stamped out the jedi.
It was designed to take out groups of unarmored opponents.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Ayanami Rei First Child

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:04 am
Cale Darksun
Horse crap. During the clone wars, Jedi wore armor. Nt all but theres enough to prove it was an option.
It was not designed as a jedi killing weapon. there was no market for it in that aspect and by the time it came around the Empire had stamped out the jedi.
It was designed to take out groups of unarmored opponents.

Ohhhh. Okay. Yeah I think I remember reading about there being some Jedi Armor, but it certainly wasn't common place. I didn't realize that it came in so late in the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 am
There are no mass produced weaponry in the galaxy Deliberately designed to kill jedi until the Vong arrive.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:18 pm
There are flechette launchers designed for use against vehicles that would make mincemeat of armored infantry, but those are significantly larger and more unweildly than the standard anti-infantry weapons.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:17 pm
Also, another thing to consider is that droids versus Jedi were not necessarily a common thing. Often times, there were clones backing the generals up.

And even moreso, to have one weapon designed for anti-jedi and another for anti-clone just complicates things. Having a special division would not help, as you could never tell where they were going to be, and equiping every soldier with one is just too much waste.

And then you have jedi wearing armor. Kenobi wore armor (think clone wars cartoon) on munnilist. While they didn't like it, they usually did this when they were going on the battlefield specifically to fight large numbers, and therefore, had backup as well.

If against smaller numbers or stealth missions, it wouldn't matter, as they would be too fast or have already destroyed your anti-jedi units to make any difference.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ayanami Rei First Child

Beloved Lover

6,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:06 am
Mmh. Okay. Thanks. Those were some interesting points made that I hadn't really thought of ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:34 am
Thats what we're here for.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:51 am
Hey, would Gladiator walker armament discussions go under here or the hangar?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:53 am
Probably the hangar...yeah I think the hangar. this is more of a weapons thread while the hangar thread is all about vehicles.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:57 am
So, what do you guys all know about stokhli sticks?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:36 pm
Hmm. They were originally designed for big-game hunting, either by a species called the Stokhli or on a planet called Stokhli; I can't remember which. They spray a liquid which congeals into an immobilizing net at a preset distance. The gunk can also deliver paralyzing shocks.

Oh, and they have a hell of a recoil. Don't say I didn't warn you.  

Durza the Shade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:38 pm
such a useful tool.
I'm suprised many people don't know them.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games