Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:30 pm
Not only is my TFU disc scratched, but now my EaW: FoC game isn't wanting to work

Strange thing is, it's not in bad shape. It just won't start up the game, and comes up with some kind of error.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:13 am
I too, now understand how Palpatine must've felt...

I was playing Guild Wars. I was in Hard Mode. Now, I was prepared for this. I have a team setup specifically to tackle Hard Mode, and it works. In Normal Mode, it's like taking a heavy repeater to a fist fight.

Unfortunately, just like what happened with those damn Ewoks, having superior tactics and even pre-emptive preparing for immediate combat didn't do enough to deal with what should've been a minor delay from getting from A to B.

A full party designed to blow the crap outta everything, with minions and spirits providing extra damage and acting as shields, and I still can't kill 1 damn healer, when I JUST ganked the crap outta 3-4 of the very same enemy?

The Stormtrooper Effect hit hard, because this kinda BS happened 4 times in a row, each during a different quest. 1 time I couldn't even kill the 1st enemy I came across FFS. I wanna bitchslap whoever designed the AI.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 pm
Here's an anti-rant

The horde got their a** handed to them on a ******** dish, in Wintergrasp this morning. We (Alliance) were in control of the fort, and we defended it like a BOSS. We held back their weak offensive, and then swarmed out, slaughtering them by the dozen. Took most of the half hour, but we crushed their puny resistance in epic fashion, and spent the last three minutes partying in the courtyard.

And now for a rant

When I recommend my mom to sit down with her fiance, future inlaws, and parents, I mean it. Don't put it off. DO IT! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:04 pm
I hate that I don't get to go to the beach, and go to the Invasion of Normandy at skirmish and get drunk with all my friends, and go live in an apartment and party every weekend.
It's because I'm in the Army now, and I know it's what I want and I'm excited for my first deployment, but sometimes I wish I could do regular summer things.
sweatdrop I don't have the anger or drive to fully commit to this rant right now.

Friends who cut you out of their lives when they're supposed to be your best buds, really suck.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:10 am
You're the man.

I hate when girls lead you on, then totally forget about you. Or find another lad. This one is number seven. I got shot down, but it feels good. I got it off my chest.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:07 pm
I hate the fact that the US government is trying to sue Arizona for trying to make being an illegal immigrant... illegal.

Yeah, they're actually getting off their asses and trying to carry out what's SUPPOSED to be federal law, and they get sued for it for stupid BS.

" Oh, you can't do that because it discriminates against XYZ. "

Let's take that to its logical extreme: Let's just put everyone in the world in prison because you never know who MIGHT be a serial killer.

They arguement against the immigration law is all based on " potential " and " could be " scenarios that shouldn't even arise in the 1st place if it gets carried out the way it's intended. The truth may very well be that the government knows Arizona succeeding means the nation as a whole has no excuse for not deporting illegals, which makes everyone else look bad, and Heaven forbid anyone dares to imply the Obama administration is even capable of making mistakes.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:37 am
******** Blue Ray. Now the discs I bought are utterly useless as nothing I own can play them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:49 am
For some damn reason, Blizzard keeps on spamming my e-mail. Yesterday I had 14 e-mails, all for them. I don't even know what they want, I haven't read them. The subject says Battle.Net Account, so either someone is trying to get access, or it's about the merging of accounts thing. Either way, they don't effect me. I don't give a damn about Blizzard so, quite frankly, the spam is getting on my nerves.  

Rodyn

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:19 am
Darkened Angel
I hate the fact that the US government is trying to sue Arizona for trying to make being an illegal immigrant... illegal.

Yeah, they're actually getting off their asses and trying to carry out what's SUPPOSED to be federal law, and they get sued for it for stupid BS.

" Oh, you can't do that because it discriminates against XYZ. "

Let's take that to its logical extreme: Let's just put everyone in the world in prison because you never know who MIGHT be a serial killer.

They arguement against the immigration law is all based on " potential " and " could be " scenarios that shouldn't even arise in the 1st place if it gets carried out the way it's intended. The truth may very well be that the government knows Arizona succeeding means the nation as a whole has no excuse for not deporting illegals, which makes everyone else look bad, and Heaven forbid anyone dares to imply the Obama administration is even capable of making mistakes.

Actually DA, the US Government is sueing to accelerate the case through the courts. The Arizona Law violates: 1. The Supremacy Clause of the US Constitution. 2. Denies Citizenship to the Children of Illegals born in the US.

It'll go to the supreme court and get struck down as unconstitutional...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:33 pm
@Rodyn - I've gotten 9 seperate WoW-related spam emails in my junk account, all of them scams, attempting to phish my info for my WoW account... which doesn't exist since I don't have it to begin with.

It annoys me because it's like, " If I didn't fall for this stupid BS the last few times, why the Hell do you think I'd seriously believe you this time? " It's good for a laugh on how stupid whoever's sending those out is, but good grief, this is just pathetic.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:01 pm
anger  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:34 pm
So this deal with BP just got even dumber.

They're gonna replace a leaky cap, but for some reason, they have to wait 2 days to replace it, meaning there's gonna be a couple of days where there's nothing capping the oil.

I want to hear a legitimate excuse as to why they can't do it all at once, having the new one ready to go the instant they remove the leaky one.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am
Now this chick still wants to be friends, after she rejected me for some punk. After my rejection, she wants to know why. From what my friends and I gather, before I was rejected, it didn't seem like we were talking like friends would.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:39 am
Another WoW complaint:

So, I'm playing my hunter. He's level 48ish (he's 62 now, so that was a few days ago), and I'm pugging Sunken Temple. We have the typical tank, heals, and 3 dps. One of the dps is a paladin, and the tank is a warrior.

Let's talk about the paladin. He's I'm guessing 11. He has to 'brb' every five seconds, and while doing uses a bot program to walk. No, instead of commanding his character to follow us, or ask us to wait, he activates this program, manages to walk on until he aggros a mob of monsters, and dies. After much frustration, he 'brbs' again, and this time walks into a corner for 5 minutes.

The tank claims he's pro and knows what he's doing, but gets lost every three seconds, and doesn't know his way back from the graveyard. He aggroes huge mobs and we nearly wipe like 4 times, before I force my bear to start grabbing aggro. He then complains about my using Intimidate to SAVE HIS a**.

This continues for about a few minutes, until the stupid paladin sets his character to aggro a bunch of mobs, like 20 trolls. He tries to run back to us and dies, and seeing us, the trolls run to kill us. We're outnumbered 3 to 1, and our healer is quickly slaughtered.

And so I leave party. And they call me the 'huntard' stressed  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 pm
Ugh...I just remembered what I don't like about my aunts on my mother's side: they're elitist snobbish hens. What bothers me more is that they think I'm part of their little clique of "Superior" intellects and "sophisticated" manners. And I never realized how they viewed my father until today when they seemed to consider him as someone who's dumber than they make themselves out to be.

My father is not College educated. My Father is about as blue collar as they come. He knows what hard work is, revels in it, and knows how to get things done, whether it's pulling off a business deal or fixing a malfunctioning piece of equipment. Its these traits which are what endeared him to my Grandfather, who turned a business run out of a tin shed into a premier manufacturer with clients across the country and even into Canada. And these witches, these cackling hens, seemed to have forgotten that in their arrogance.

Hell, if it wasn't for Dad these twits would have run the Company into the ground after my Grandfather passed on.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, maybe I'm reading too deep into this, but god damn it, If nothing else I respect my father and these fools should too. But behind his back they mock him. ******** Insipid, Cowardly Twits. How my Grandmother or my Mother puts up with it I'll never know.

If America had more people like my dad, hard workers who had common sense, work ethic, and honest values, this country would probably be better off.

Is he perfect? ******** no. But unlike a lot of people (like my aunts), he knows he ain't perfect and is willing to make changes.

And perhaps the worst of it all is that I did little more when they spoke about him then laugh it off and change the subject, then came home and wrote this rant down in a forum in a website no one in my family probably even knows about, doing the same cowardly act of speaking behind my aunts' backs instead of calling them out then and there.

Christ...maybe I am just like them. Now my indignation has become depression.

But s**t, since I'm in the rant thread, Lucas you ******** tool. You kicked Prowse, the original Vader who is now an old man, to the ******** curb. More than ever I am convinced you have no shame. How about supporting the people who made you ******** rich? You know how many careers these movies of yours ruined? Do you not sympathize with those who's only fame is tied to the franchise you continue to rip to shreds in your mad grab for cash?
Just...just ******** you Lucas. ******** you AND the horse you rode in on.
Christ, even Scrooge McDuck had redeming qualities. But not you.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff