Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Original Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:28 am
Cale Darksun
.....Glove thing?

yeah what?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:46 pm
yeah. the glove jumps from one hand to another.  

Nospai Deathous

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:44 pm
Cale Darksun
those are not solar panels. why equip a deep space fighter with solar panels?

Because TIEs aren't deep-space fighters. They have no hyperdrives. They're designed to be carried around and deployed in in-system battles, where there are suns nearby.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:15 pm
Durza the Shade
Cale Darksun
those are not solar panels. why equip a deep space fighter with solar panels?

Because TIEs aren't deep-space fighters. They have no hyperdrives. They're designed to be carried around and deployed in in-system battles, where there are suns nearby.

Yeah, and they don't have landing gear either right?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:48 pm
actually, they're not solar panels. they're heat dispersion panels.

the twin ion engines require a reactor that is very powerful and compact, but creates a tremendous amount of waste heat. so, the tie fighters have the wings with heat dispersion panels.

that's also why when the wings are shot off, they can explode before hitting anything.

and correct, they don't have landing gear. they're deployed from special racks, which can be seen in dozens of star wars videogames, for an example.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:15 pm
So, does the Tie Defender have a special rack? since the panel is on the top of the ship...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:06 pm
Nelowulf
So, does the Tie Defender have a special rack? since the panel is on the top of the ship...

yeah does it?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:39 pm
Defenders are exceptionally rare, so I wonder if they manufacture a certain rack, or just modify existing ones to accept them, perhaps by clamping onto the pylons.  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:50 pm
hmm. maybe it has landing gear of some sort.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:16 pm
Cale Darksun

actually, i would probably imagine that they do seeing as how theyre like the Uber TIE.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:45 am
my fellow star wars geek friend says they do have landing gear. but i can't imagine where the hell it'd go...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:26 am
I love the origional Trilogy the best Empire Strikes Back has always been my personnal fav for the darker story setting in it during the whole thing.

A New Hope was good, I loved the dogfight over the Death Star, I loved the version in the origional trilogy not the new CGI weird twisting angle bits added in.  

Robin the Aussie

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:33 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Cale Darksun

actually, i would probably imagine that they do seeing as how theyre like the Uber TIE.

The Defender's two bottom wings double as landing gear. The pilot just finds a flat area and sets the ship down on the edges of the wings. Ordinary TIEs and Interceptors can do this too, but they're not designed for it, so it's much more difficult to pull off.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:17 am
must put considerable stress on the Tie Wings. those things don't look that durable.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Robin the Aussie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:06 am
Cale Darksun
must put considerable stress on the Tie Wings. those things don't look that durable.
They're not really they get blown off from laser blasts or occassional strong wind storms.
While X-Wings and their S-Foils are fairly sturdy when it comes to taking structural damage.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games