Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:35 pm
exactly. they don't even know their OWN religion's teachings, let alone the facts of any others.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:58 pm
yeah, I'm forever hearing "Oh, you're a witch, does that mean you worship Satan?" or "Do you put curses on people?" which are both just silly- Satan and hell are Christian concepts that Wiccans don't believe. So how would we worship someone we don't elieve in anyway? And as for curses, the big big big main rule of Wiccan is "Harm none"  

Ravenlady13

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:32 am
And then there's the stupid people who ask if you dance naked in groves at new moon.... one of my Wiccan friends used to tell those people that it would be silly, since you'd trip over your coven....... then she'd cackle evilly and do the Bella Lugosi Dracula hand thing... it amused me.

but people are ignorant... and it shows sad  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:56 am
One more for the wannabe fundamentalists. #11

To give context, the fodder for this rant was in response to one of Boxman's posts, but the rant comes across with a point of it's own.

Quote:

Quote:
*sigh*

Don't get all bleeding depressed/exasperated/befuddled because of a difference in opinion, accept the fact that there is one and move on.

Quote:
Everyone has a reason to live.

What about suicidally depressed people? Obviously people who kill themselves see no purpose in existing, so they choose not to.

Sweeping generalizations are generally not a good way to get a point across, you know.

Quote:
And whether or not we choose to have a purpose

check your wording, even though we are animals capable of written language, and coherent, cognitive thoughts does not mean we exist on this world for any set reason or purpose. I cannot speak for you, but I am not a tool. I have a direction, and goals, but not a set purpose.

Quote:
is our choice and our choice alone.

Unless you've given yourself completely over to a group that claims to be in league with a higher power.

Quote:
God did not design us

Damn straight. Score one for the Darwinists.

Quote:
to be robots.

No, because man created robots, and he created them to bend to his own will.

Quote:
He designed with a free will to choose whether or not to accept the purpose intended.

Note: You have just called all 6 billion some odd people on this planet, in their entirety, tools.

I do not appreciate being called such a vulgar name, and it seems that you, my friend, are the one doing the flaming here.

Quote:
And maybe the reason you haven't heard from God is because you

Wait, wait, I know this one....

Didn't pay my phone bill?

Screen my calls?

Is it because I'm deaf?

I know why I haven't heard from G*d.... because I am not a staunch believer in his existence. All I can say to this one is Hitchhiker's Guide Babelfish Reference... those of you who know what I'm talking about should be laughing your heads off, and those of you who don't... well... go read a book.

Quote:
wouldn't listen if he did speak.

So, you're saying that he's mute, or are you saying that a diety that I don't believe in is giving me the cold shoulder?

Quote:
What do you want him to do, appear in all his glory, and bend you to his will before you'll believe in a higher authority?

Actually, if he were to appear before me, I would bend him to my will, and then wonder why his followers are so ignorant as to be bewildered by the fact that, despite being loud, they're still just a minority.

Quote:
And just because I don't like flaming, boxman,

I'm not boxman, and he wasn't flaming.

Quote:
doesn't mean I have a problem.

Your correct, not having an appreciation for flaming does not indicate a problem. Assuming that everyone should believe the same thing you do, however....

Quote:
It could be simply that I am annoyed that you haven't yet considered "anger management."

I can't speak for my fiery friend over there, but I have my own form of "anger management"... it involves an ignorant person, a burlap sack, and an oar.

Quote:
Thank you and have a nice day. mrgreen

How about we just leave it at "have a day.", since I'm not too keen on religious nut cases telling me how to live my life... in any capacity.

And lose the smiley, it lends even less credibility to your argument.

dronze
Vice Captain

Dreccas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 am
User Image

aha! becaus...well to be honest i got the idea from boxman..and i couldnt find any cool badges like he did... but anyway aweseom rant ^_^ and err....yea..i'll just leave you with that..sorry all i could come up with was a corny thing that i didnt even make lol . . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:39 am
That Net Authority rant was so amusing I'm chuckling while I post this message. So basically what this person is saying is you can't post ANYTHING offensive in any way. Nothing untrue, nothing vulger and nothing hateful toward ANYONE. I have to say these filters in moderation aren't a terrible idea. But to come out and say EVERYONE should follow them and not just that but they should follow those rules to such an extreme is just silly. Here is what I believe, I believe in Karma. Hopefully this fool will get stung by a bee or something of that nature for having written such a crock.  

lanceknightmare

Intermediate Member

8,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100

Black Hale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:07 am
Oh gee, that's rich. So let's see here, the reason I haven't heard from God is because I wouldn't listen if he did speak. Well, let's see here. I mean, we only have so many religions in this world. So shouldn't that mean that he hasn't heard from Buddha or Gaia or all the many other deities out there because he wouldn't listen if they did speak?

Gods, what kind of reasoning is this?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:12 am
Rofl! i lvoe listening to jesus freaks bash everyone else while still maintaining the thought that they're perfect..and if you point out they arn't they say "Yes but my god is helping me with my sins" or somthing like that XD  

Dreccas

Black Hale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:06 am
It's not really whether you are a Jesus-freak or not. I have friends who are devout Christians who stick with themselves and I personally, have no issue with Christianity. What I do have a problem with however, are the people who act all "I'm all good and mighty because I have God".

I mean, gee, that's brilliant, well, as for me "I'm all good and mighty because I have the Goddess".. it works the same way! So how much better off are you really compared to the rest of us? It's all the same!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:56 am
#10 is finally finished.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:22 am
did you catch their reasoning for why they tagged anything related to dinosaurs? ITs because they "didn't exist" in the bible. Apparently God put the fossil in the earth as some great cosmic joke. you know, to be all
"LOL, NEWB HUMANS, I PWN U!"

(that's going on my tab, I just know it... my handbasket is reserved...) gonk

I mean, Barney is creepy, yes... but blasphemous? Only if you teach a doctrine of intolerance and hate.... oh wait. They do. sad sad dino.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:33 am
Dreccas

aha! becaus...well to be honest i got the idea from boxman..and i couldnt find any cool badges like he did... but anyway aweseom rant ^_^ and err....yea..i'll just leave you with that..sorry all i could come up with was a corny thing that i didnt even make lol . . . sweatdrop

Actually, I made the badge here. Says-it has some pretty good random generators, like the Vinyl Record Generator:

User Image

Ravenlady13
yeah, I'm forever hearing "Oh, you're a witch, does that mean you worship Satan?" or "Do you put curses on people?" which are both just silly- Satan and hell are Christian concepts that Wiccans don't believe. So how would we worship someone we don't elieve in anyway? And as for curses, the big big big main rule of Wiccan is "Harm none"

If that's the case, then this stupid b***h will REALLY piss you off (taken from the FSTDT website):

Quote:
"This past spring I was expelled from my high school. Why? Because I'm a Christian. There was a girl in my class who was wiccan, and I didn't want demons to possess me or anyone else and save her from satan. So, I told her that her faith was evil and told her to accept Jesus as Savior and she would be saved. Simple as that. Just say the sinners prayer and you can be saved!

Well I got sent to the principal for that. She said I was 'discriminating' against her religion. I was only doing what the Bible, God, Jesus and my pastor said! How is that wrong!?

Well, afterwards I was forced to aplologize, even though it's a sin to, so I never meant what I said. So, instead I put a copy of a Jack Chick tract in her locker about how wicca and a paganism lead to murder, rape and other horrible things because it lets the devil get inside of you. I also left a little note about how she was going to hell. I was hoping she would see the error of her ways and repent from the evil, disgusting 'religion'.

Instead I was called down to the principal again and this time there were two police officers there. And they said I was under arrest for harrasing this girl and threatening her! What did I do? I just wanted her to accept Jesus and be saved! Now her family (all evil, stupid, disgusting god hating wiccans) want to sue me for discrimination and creating a hostile workplace! How is that fair? She's the one who's discriminating against me because I'm one with the LORD!

Jesus is the only way to salvation! It's that simple people! No pope, wicca, or anything stupid like that! JESUS ONLY! Why is is wrong to tell others that? It's all the fault of the ACLU and simlar atheist organizations trying to destroy us Christians. Next they'll want to genocide us for doing our Godly work."

Meg, Myspace [Comments (24)] 2007-Aug-11

Apparently Christians are so stupid that they can't differentiate between the Satanic pentagram and the Wiccan pentagram (since I'm assuming Christians look at the Wiccan pentagram and go "OMG SATAN!!"). "Satanists" also use the inverted cross, so that must mean Christianity is evil, too.  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:47 pm
Quote:
Apparently Christians are so stupid that they can't differentiate between the Satanic pentagram and the Wiccan pentagram (since I'm assuming Christians look at the Wiccan pentagram and go "OMG SATAN!!"). "Satanists" also use the inverted cross, so that must mean Christianity is evil, too.

okay, up til now I thought you were at least slightly tolerant. Now you;re being hypocritical.
1) not all Christians act like that ignorant fool
2) some Christians even STUDY other religions and know what they're really about
3) not all Christians look at religious symbols and think "OMG Satan." In fact, some can even recognize religious symbols and differentiate between meanings.
4) a inverted cross can man many things, one of which is the cross of St. Peter, also a holy symbol for certain sects, not just Non-Christian symbolisms
5) Some Christians are actually not only intelligent, but are tolerant and understanding of religions other than their own. *GASP* unfortunately, they are the non-vocal majority. The greatest disservice a Christian can do their faith is to remain silent when idiots are misusing it. This is the case with the ignorant child in your post, who doesn't understand that her actions were illegal, immoral and cruel, not to mention stupid. Where were e real Christians to tell her she was being an a$$ and non Christ-like at all? What was her pastor's problem? Her parents?

To lump all Christians in with the idiots that manage to get noticed is just as stupid as the idiots lumping everyone else into the sinners and Satan worshipers pile.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:11 pm
These guys are just like any other group- the idiots make everyone look bad- I have neighbors that are very strict Born-Again Christians, and they couldn't be nicer.
As for that girl getting the police called on her for harrassing the wiccan girl..... Too bad they didn't arrest her. That kind of behavior is strictly uncalled for. I became home-schooled because I was harassed so severely, and, unlike that situation, the staff never did a thing.

As for wicca being evil- How evil can a religion be if its biggest rule is "harm none" The fully phrase is "An' it harme none, do what ye will." Meaning, do what you want, as long as it doesn't harm anything- people, animals, plants, etc.  

Ravenlady13

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:09 pm
Lady Rayya

okay, up til now I thought you were at least slightly tolerant.

YOU try being tolerant when all you hear from the Christian crowd is "Evolution sucks!" and "God hates fags!" and "Non-believers worship Satan!" and "America was founded on God!" Sure, there are tolerant Christians out there, but from what I've seen they're the minority.

Quote:
3) not all Christians look at religious symbols and think "OMG Satan." In fact, some can even recognize religious symbols and differentiate between meanings.

That's not what I meant. Christians have been persecuting Pagans for thousands of years. Hell, according to Snopes.com, Christmas was created to drive attention away from the Pagan holiday on that same day.

From http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/jesus.asp:

Quote:
The idea of celebrating the Nativity on December 25 was first suggested early in the fourth century CE, a clever move on the part of Church fathers who wished to eclipse the December 25 festivities of a rival pagan religion, Mithraism, which threatened the existence of Christianity.

Also, I bet that if you asked most people what a pentagram was they'd say something about Satanism.

Quote:
Where were e real Christians to tell her she was being an a$$ and non Christ-like at all?

On her Myspace blog there were a couple people who were telling her she's wrong. And I think one of the reasons moderates hold back is that fundamentalists would accuse them of unChristianly behavior and say they're just taking the sides of the evil Satan-worshipping Darwinists.

Quote:
To lump all Christians in with the idiots that manage to get noticed is just as stupid as the idiots lumping everyone else into the sinners and Satan worshipers pile.

Sure. But when all you hear is bigotry, it's kind of hard NOT to make hasty generalizations.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games