Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:46 pm

All the MCs for this month in the new MP are more costly than the ones I see in the normal one.

Speaking of which, I have 2 Plasma Gears and 1 Summoning Tome. I'm short about 6,500 gold though to afford a 2nd one.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:51 pm

I wish I had a plasma, but I'm such an impulse spender, and nobody is buying the stuff in my shop... The bids all expired.

As far as that goes, it pisses me off that my store doesn't carry over to the new MP... I don't want to make a new one, 'cause it might interfere with my 1000g 'refund'.

elvisnake

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:54 pm

I put up 2 Water Meats and 2 Lucky Stars for 2,000 and 900 each respectively...

And my gold just shot up to 8,945 when I started typing this, so something sold, and that means I can also add my 3rd Lucky Star. Stuff that's even halfway decent I keep 1 of for myself, or the minimum for all the poses I like ( such as 4 mech forms to be able to do all the poses, etc. ) and stuff the rest in storage for later to sell, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:07 pm

What's a lucky star do?

elvisnake

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:31 pm

It makes a few starlight things appear around you. Nothing all that special. It was an event item from last Halloween's alien thing, IIRC.

Anyways, I sold the extras and I'm only 200-ish short from getting that last one, so a few quick puzzles should be enough.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:46 pm

I got a bit lucky. By the time I finished my quick round of doing puzzles, there was another tome up for sale that was cheaper than the rest were going for, so I have 300 gold left over.

This would've never been an issue if Word Bump was fixed. If posting and voting in polls doesn't get enough, I can Word Bump a few times to get 1k a day easily enough, netting me at 30k at the end of the month. That's not counting extra stuff, like rare events, etc.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:56 pm

Yo, just got off work.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:24 am

What I have learned about history thanks to Rome: Total War:

1. Allies were only good for protecting your flanks. Thats all they did.

2. The Greek Navy were annoying ********. The Roman Navy couldnt fight its way out of a papyrus bag.

4. The Gauls had a mental disorder where they never could stop raiding people.

5. Numidia and Carthage were dumb enough to build cities way out in the middle of a godsforsaken desert.

6. The Senate never knew when to shut up.

7. Macedon cavalry was underused and overrated.

8. Egyptians were a bunch of prissy little backstabbing bitches.

9. Thracians got pissed off at the drop of a hat.

10. Scythian merc Cavalry were worth their weight in gold.

11. The Spaniards aquired the Gaul mental Disorder but lacked their effectiveness in combat. They were just annoying.

12. If you werent Rome, you sucked.

13. Carthage was the whipping boy of the Mediterranian.

14. The British Empire began in circa 250 BC after some one attacked them and pissed them off, whereupon they invaded the germanic and Gaulish states and began spanking all in their path. This must be true as repeated gameplay results in a similar scenario each time.

15. War elephants were cool.

16. Rome employed exploding pigs in their forces, implying that Islamic radicalists existied before Islam itself.

17. Peace treaties were only designed to stall an enemy for about 2-3 years, buying enough time for you to build up forces to attack him again.

18. Nero was an extremely common Roman Name.

19. Building sewers was a surefire way to stop the Plague.

20. The most cost effective way of dealing with a city's population was to kill everyone taller than a wagon wheel. Corpses dont talk back, rebel, or incite slave uprisings. And you could always use the bodies as chow for the exploding pigs.

21. Against a serious opponent, Spartans are pud. Like all Greeks. This in turn makes Frank Millar a liar.

22. Archers
23. The concept of armor was lost upon Western European tribes, though berserking and body paint were common enough.

24. Talk was useless. For more on this, see lesson 17.

25. No world conquerer left home without a couple assasins and spies to use against his foes.

26. Wars on two fronts could be won with ease. Its the four front wars that get you.

27. Modern laptop computers can not handle the visual depiction of any battle where the total number of combatants number over 300.

28. Charioteers deserved neither mercy nor pity.

29. The rise and fall of the Roman Empire, roughly 900 years of human history from the founding of the Republic to the fall of the western Roman Empire, can be summed up and reinacted in a matter of hours.

30. Cale played too much Rome: Total War.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:26 am

Missing nin Itachi
Yo, just got off work.

What the heck is it that you do?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:38 am

The current time is... f-ing late.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:40 am

Darkened Angel
The current time is... f-ing late.

No s**t, really? rolleyes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:52 am

Cale Darksun
Missing nin Itachi
Yo, just got off work.

What the heck is it that you do?

I work at a theater ushering, tearing tickets and doing the consession stand.

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:31 am

I work at a club, dancing around and taking my clothes off.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:30 am

I'm a landscaper.

I'm going away for three days. I'll be back monday. Peace.

Jaden_Ordo

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:07 am

Cale Darksun
What I have learned about history thanks to Rome: Total War:

1. Allies were only good for protecting your flanks. Thats all they did.

2. The Greek Navy were annoying ********. The Roman Navy couldnt fight its way out of a papyrus bag.

4. The Gauls had a mental disorder where they never could stop raiding people.

5. Numidia and Carthage were dumb enough to build cities way out in the middle of a godsforsaken desert.

6. The Senate never knew when to shut up.

7. Macedon cavalry was underused and overrated.

8. Egyptians were a bunch of prissy little backstabbing bitches.

9. Thracians got pissed off at the drop of a hat.

10. Scythian merc Cavalry were worth their weight in gold.

11. The Spaniards aquired the Gaul mental Disorder but lacked their effectiveness in combat. They were just annoying.

12. If you werent Rome, you sucked.

13. Carthage was the whipping boy of the Mediterranian.

14. The British Empire began in circa 250 BC after some one attacked them and pissed them off, whereupon they invaded the germanic and Gaulish states and began spanking all in their path. This must be true as repeated gameplay results in a similar scenario each time.

15. War elephants were cool.

16. Rome employed exploding pigs in their forces, implying that Islamic radicalists existied before Islam itself.

17. Peace treaties were only designed to stall an enemy for about 2-3 years, buying enough time for you to build up forces to attack him again.

18. Nero was an extremely common Roman Name.

19. Building sewers was a surefire way to stop the Plague.

20. The most cost effective way of dealing with a city's population was to kill everyone taller than a wagon wheel. Corpses dont talk back, rebel, or incite slave uprisings. And you could always use the bodies as chow for the exploding pigs.

21. Against a serious opponent, Spartans are pud. Like all Greeks. This in turn makes Frank Millar a liar.

22. Archers
23. The concept of armor was lost upon Western European tribes, though berserking and body paint were common enough.

24. Talk was useless. For more on this, see lesson 17.

25. No world conquerer left home without a couple assasins and spies to use against his foes.

26. Wars on two fronts could be won with ease. Its the four front wars that get you.

27. Modern laptop computers can not handle the visual depiction of any battle where the total number of combatants number over 300.

28. Charioteers deserved neither mercy nor pity.

29. The rise and fall of the Roman Empire, roughly 900 years of human history from the founding of the Republic to the fall of the western Roman Empire, can be summed up and reinacted in a matter of hours.

30. Cale played too much Rome: Total War.

So you want war? Try this mod out for size... Europa Barbarorum

It's actually being put together by a team that includes archaeologists and historians. You'll need to patch the game to run it... but I've used it for awhile, and it seriously kicks a**.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games