Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GENERAL CHAT || Speak here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 664 665 666 667 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:28 am

i did nothave to enroll until i turned 19 because it was not until then that i had to vote

but i was enrolled when i turned 18
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:29 am

Magnus Ignatius
i did nothave to enroll until i turned 19 because it was not until then that i had to vote

but i was enrolled when i turned 18

Neither, though I wish I could've voted. I guess when it finally comes to it though, I wont care all that much anyway.

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:31 am

lol

i actually miss voted when i did

i filled into many boxes on the senate slip

that thing is huge
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:33 am

i dont really wanna be bothered but i guess im pretty lucky to have mah freedom of speech and i shouldn't waste it sweatdrop i'll probably vote wrong too or just ask some random who they voted for and vote for the same people xd

nrasjaa

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:35 am

People argue that compulsary voting encourages people to learn about politics and to form an opinion so as to vote for the candidate they preffer. Not so though it seems. sweatdrop

Magnus - don't they have simple tix boxes at the top, instead of numbering all the candidates?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:38 am

yes, but that is were i put to many numbers

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:43 am

Oh I see, well I suppose you'll know for next time wont you? xd
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:45 am

nar, i am going to mess it again or not right anything

i hate politics

but i did see an interesting thing in the question seesion yesterday

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:47 am

Yeah, sometimes I see a bit of that when I check to see if The Bill is on.

Awww, not a political person? I'd even thought about getting into Politics at one stage. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:51 am

it just does not interest me

the interesting thing was about censorship laws and the guy in charge of it made reference to the fact that they had just banned two items of media- the film mystery skin and the game gta: san andreas

i know for a fact that if i may to sell that game now- i would be fined $11000, get the fine that the company would get, lose my job and have 6 months inprisonment

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:54 am

Magnus Ignatius
it just does not interest me

the interesting thing was about censorship laws and the guy in charge of it made reference to the fact that they had just banned two items of media- the film mystery skin and the game gta: san andreas

i know for a fact that if i may to sell that game now- i would be fined $11000, get the fine that the company would get, lose my job and have 6 months inprisonment

Ouchy, but I guess that means you still have copies of the original then?

I don't know why we just wont instill an R rating for games, just because the OAFL thinks that games are for kids. Geez. And they had a review reccently, but still didn't add an R rating. Nope, but what did they do? Gave the game rating stickers colours. Colours people! Oh what an evolution!

stare
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:07 am

the reason for the recent ban of the game is because it was made know the OAFL that game could modded via an in-built cheat to make it 10 times more sexually explict

and no, all copies have been sent back to head office- even the pre owned copies

and any copy that people trade in, will have the same fate

on the note about the film that was banned, it focus' on ***** or more the effect of ***** on people

from the article said about it, it looks like a good film. one of acotrs in it is brilliant was well. but i can not remember were i have seen him before

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 am

Yeah I know why the game was banned, it had pretty decent media coverage, though I havn't heard about the movie.

My point was, GTA3 had to be specifically altered to get a rating approval in Australia, but I don't know why the OAFL wont instigate an R rating for games, like they do for movies.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:15 am

i think it is because they doubt that retailers would enforce the R rating

i can not say what other places would do but EB does enforce the rating on people

i have to ask for some id on a MA game if the buy looks too young

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:18 am

*thinks* I dont think I have any MA games, unless Tekken and Eternal Darkness come under that catagory. They probably do, but the point is I've never been asked for ID.
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 ... 664 665 666 667 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games