Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:31 pm

FEAR THE ALMIGHTY UTERUS!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:51 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*cowers in fear*

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:55 pm

Also, birth canals.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:12 pm

Missing nin Itachi
Jedis are wusses, now bouty hunters, rouges, pirates, and smugglers are the real badasses.
Ah! A man after my own heart. Real men rely on themselves and comrades not on mysticism and magic.

Johnny Malone
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:37 pm

*Listening to the theme song from the X-Men tv show from the 90s* Ah, what a decade. When men were real men, and flesh-ripping mutants were real flesh-ripping mutants. They dont' make shows like they did in the 90s anymore!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:47 pm

Back then special effects weren't all that available. You had to improvise a lot. That's where real talent was.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:06 pm

Yep. Everybody's had their brains glazed over by computers and shiny effects... I mean ET was great, with almost no effects to speak of, but when they inevitably remake it in a year or two, it'll be full of crap it doesn't need, and it will suck.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:22 pm

Look at the old swashbuckling films (considering they are near and dear to my heart) like Captain Blood and compare it to the POTC films. POTC is just a special effects vehicle whereas the swashbuckling films of old had more to them.

Johnny Malone
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:36 pm

Johnny Malone
Look at the old swashbuckling films (considering they are near and dear to my heart) like Captain Blood and compare it to the POTC films. POTC is just a special effects vehicle whereas the swashbuckling films of old had more to them.
I agree with you to the most part, but I must slightly disagree with your appraisal of PotC. Surely, the second two were swill, there for little more than the assured "Sequel Cash", I mean you know a movie sucks when the best part involves a guy playing the piano with his face, but the first one was actually pretty good. The story was as interesting as a movie based on a theme park ride could be, the action was fun to watch, and it revived a dead genre. Granted what followed sucked, but that doesnt' mean a good swashbuckler or pirate movie isn't coming up...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:01 am

In SL, the new Neko Labs parcel has streaming video that plays on a Big Screen object I created.

On it, we get to watch films from the 50s and so. It's all the cheap stuff because quality movies are expensive and the sites hosting them don't wanna pay if they can avoid it, etc.

While seeing the special effects be cheesey and crappy as Hell, there's also the fact that the lack of being able to fake it all means the actors and all had to have actual talent. If they didn't perform well, the movie sucked a** beyond repair.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:44 am

Missing, why do you feel the need for visual aids?

The last thing I need to see in the morning is the inner workings of human anatomy.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:01 am

But that's where you keep prodding your plunderin' stick every night.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:08 am

Yeah but that doesn't mean i want to see how it works.
Its like watching the surgery channel while you're eating.

it just doesnt mix well.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:36 am

Unless you're a sadistic freak, you mean.

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:55 am

Darkened Angel
Unless you're a sadistic freak, you mean.

You mean Vlad the Impailer?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games