Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Thalion's SOA Directory Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 234 235 236 237 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:40 pm
­Li Wei
| Basic Info | Family Tree | Cub | Juvenile | Adolescent | Adult | Timeline | Photo Album | Relations | Pride Info |

User Image

Name: ­Li Wei - Cert| Pride Cert | Full size Image
Meaning: Li - 力 "strength, power" ; Wei - 巍 "towering, lofty"
Mate: Maua (Goddess of Psychopathy - DFA)
|| Personality
Li's trusting and eagerness to seek out the good in everyone seems to be his two largest weaknesses. He's always willing to forgive and forget, always willing to make a new friend, and always willing to lend a hand where it's needed. He's unable to stand the sight or smell of blood. Touching blood seems to weaken him. For this reason he's completely unable to defend himself against an aggressor. He's more partial to fleeing from a hostile situation than sticking it out.

Li is as far from a hippie as anyone can get. Peace isn't about being passive or completely compromising. Peace is a fragile thing that's earned through virtue and morality and sustained through strength and courage. That's the embodiment of this god. He's likely the smallest of the gods, unable to protect himself or even stand the smell or sight of blood. He tends to bless prides with outstanding morals and the ability to allow him to rest within their territory without fear from harm.

Brief History:
As a god... Li is not very long-lived. In the past he's died shortly after reaching adulthood or just before. His most recent death was during the earthquake by the avian-bonded pride. He still has nightmares about birds pecking out his eyes. His role as a god requires him to travel to established prides, packs, troupes, and coalitions to get a feel for them. He approaches the lands and asks to rest. If peace can find rest within the lands and during his time there, if he sees a culture that can support peace, he blesses the territory with prosperity. This blessing keeps out gods and goddesses that would rot away the lands so long as the current ruler lives. He returns whenever a new rulers is appointed. Sometimes... things don't work out so well. Hostile or war-like prides weaken him and in past lives he's been killed for refusing a blessing or even entering a territory. Despite all this, Li's an understanding soul.

He currently serves as the patron to the En Gedi pride and will return to that location to rest between blessings with his adoptive family.

He's only ever been in one 'relationship' before, and that was more of a one-sided thing. He wasn't really even aware that Mauja had a thing for him and one day she simply vanished.

Plots?
Coming soon!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:55 pm
­Li Wei
| Basic Info | Family Tree | Cub | Juvenile | Adolescent | Adult | Timeline | Photo Album | Relations | Pride Info |

User Image

Parents:
??? | Image (domain) | NPC | ___x___ | NPC | Image (domain) | ???

Aunts/Uncles:
Mother's Side:

Father's Side:

Siblings:
Cael | Image | Kijani | (Individuality)
Juuku | Image | Kijani | (Surf)

Nieces & Nephews:
Cael & Heftige Gottheit des Mutes:
- ??? | Image | ??? | (Independence)
- ??? | Image | ??? | (Civility)

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:57 pm
­Li Wei

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:58 pm
­Li Wei

User Image  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:04 pm
­Li Wei

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:08 pm
­Li Wei

User Image
User Image
(Mortal form)
User Image
Unedited mortal form.  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:11 pm
­Li Wei

| RP Listing |
(~.*.~) | Li and Lei | In-Progress |
(~.*.~) | Li and Adannaya | Finished
(~.*.~) | Li and Yokheved | The Omen | Finished!
(~.*.~) | Li, Squall, & Mut | Peace, Courage, and Duty | Finished!
(~.*.~) | Li Wei & Khuluma | Peaceful Pastimes | In Progress |
(~.*.~) | Mut & Li | Complete
(~.*.~) | Anupu & Li Wei | Royalty and Peace | In Progress
(~.*.~) | Squall, 'Heve, & Squall | Home Again | Complete
(~.*.~) | The Avatar meets Peace | Aang & Li Wei | Finished!
(~.*.~) | Peacefully Psychotic | Maua & Li | Complete|
(~.*.~) | Telling the king | Li Wei, Yokheved, & Rotem | Complete
(~.*.~) | Li & Aminah | Complete!
(~.*.~) | Li & Maua | Complete
(~.*.~) | Li & Mut | Peace and Courage | Complete
(~.*.~) | Li, Mut, & Cael | Complete
(~.*.~) | Meeting a dragon | Li & Anni | Complete
(~.*.~) | No place for peace | Li & Kenna | Complete
(~.*.~) | Li & Kairi | In Progress |
(~.*.~) | There you are | Li & Maua | Complete
(~.*.~) | A splash of reality | Complete
(~.*.~) | Plea for Peace | Muhali & Li | Complete
(~.*.~) | Peace and Innocence | Li Wei & Van | Complete |
(~.*.~) | Visiting Mom | 'heve and Li | In Progress |
(~.*.~) | Peace of Mind | Sammy, Maua, & Li | Complete

Blue - Used for breeding

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:21 pm
­Li Wei

User Image

User ImageBy me:
- How do I make it stop!? - Li and Squall
- Ex-girlfriends suck - Li and Maua
- Where'd you come from? Li and Maua

User Image

By Others:
Growling Fail
Chibi Human!Version
Ewwww blood!
Bust | By Quaji
Bust | By Fu!

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:25 pm
­Li Wei

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:26 pm
­Li Wei

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:42 pm
­Li Wei

User Image
User Image
Sig Friendly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:43 pm
­Li Wei

Power Info:
God: Li Wei
Domain: Peace
Temporary Powers:
- Smell of Sandalwood: Rather than a normal animal musk/scent, Li smells heavily of Sandalwood.
- Calming Aura: When Li appears in his god form he carries an air of tranquility about him. Those he appears to would feel unnaturally at ease, their troubles distant, and any tension released. The effect remains only as long as Li does. When he leaves it slowly fades away from the mind of whomever he appeared to. This power has no effect when he takes his mortal form.
Permanent Power:
- Heaven's blessing: Li has a nomadic nature to him, he spends a lot of his time traveling to seek out new prides/clans/tribes. If he happens upon a pride/clan/tribe has been ruled in such a way that has allowed the pride and the land to know peace, he blesses the leader. So long as the leader remains in power, the lands will be blessed with prosperity. When/if the leader is overthrown, leaves, or dies the blessing fades away. If he senses unrest among the members of the pride, tension, or the spark of conflict, however, he flees from the land.

Blessing Requirements:
- Balance.
Balance is an important aspect to peace. A dramatic shift in any balance will discourage Li in giving a pride his blessing. This includes prides that discourage the natural balance of a union of a male and a female, prides that over-hunt, or prides that strain resources.

- Respect for life.
Respect for life is key to the survival of peace. When life is taken unnecessarily, it will discourage the giving of the blessing. This includes over-hunting, hunting for 'glory', sacrifices, and killing of pride members with undesirable traits.

- Protection.
Peace cannot sustain itself, peace is something that is in constant need of protection. Warriors, guards, soldiers, etc. are necessary in the defense of a pride and in maintaining order. If a pride has no way to protect itself/is completely composed of pacifists, Li will deny his blessing simply because there will be nothing to sustain and defend it.

- A just ruler.
A good ruler stands as the backbone of any culture. If the pride meets all requirements and the ruler does not, Li will flee until a fitting one is selected. A good ruler can quickly turn a peaceful existence into a hellish one.

How it works...
Li will travel to all prides one at a time. He will arrive in, and remain in, his mortal form while overseeing the pride from a mortal's perspective. He'll learn about life within the pride first hand, he'll speak with the commoners of the pride and work his way up to the higher ranks, and eventually the ruler.

Once he's made his decision, he'll 'leave' as a mortal and return in his god form to officially pass his judgment. If he sees the pride as one that cannot sustain peace within their boarders, he'll explain why and leave the pride. He always returns when a leader has fallen to give the pride another chance.

If he deems the pride as one worthy of his blessing, he'll approach the leader and bow his head, touching his horn to the foot of the ruler, laying the blessing on the leader and the land he or she governs. So long as the ruler reigns, the lands will be blessed with prosperity. The leader's player decides how this comes to be- the rivers can flow again, prey herds remain constant, etc. When the leader dies, the blessing ends and Li must return to judge the pride once more.

Want judgment?
PM me! I'd want a few rp's with pride members and leaders so Li can make a fair judgment. Obviously, some prides will be upset by the denial of a blessing. I don't mind having my character knocked around, so long as he's not actually -killed- yet. XD Keep in mind he's just doing his job. Don't be offended if your pride isn't given a blessing, not all prides will be accepted as peaceful, that's just how things go. I do, however, want to get a lot of rp's in with a few different prides- both with good and bad results. I do ask that no one takes anything in-character personally!  

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 pm
­Li Wei

Thalion , #0 Times Owner has Won God Breeding:
Father's Name & Image Li Wei |
User Image
Dark Fire Angel, # 2 Times Owner has Won God Breeding:
Mother's Name & Image Mauaji
User Image
Roleplay Links for Father:
The Omen
Peace, Courage, and Duty
Li & Mut
Home again
Peace of the Mind | RP with mate! |
Roleplay Links for Mother:
• [ x ] Peaceful psychopathy | Complete
• [ x ] Sand and Seas | Complete
• [ x ] Peaceful psychopaths and Insane Kings | Complete
• [ x ] There you are! | Complete
• [ x ] Peace of Mind | Complete
Would you like having a throwback? Yes
If so, please list images of direct ancestors here:
Maua - Sister
Maua - Brother
Maua - Brother
Maua - Mother
Li - Sister (Individuality)
Li - Brother (Surf)
Li - niece by Cael (Independence)
Li - Niece by Cael (Civility)
Would you like having a random? No
Any other notes:
Domains not listed in throwback: Denial  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:47 pm
­Li Wei

He didn't particularly enjoy his time away from home- but it felt...nessicary that he did. That morning Li had woken with a start, yelping out as the nightmare that had woken him faded into the back of his mind once more. Try as he might, all he could remember were angry roars and flashing claws.

It had been just before dawn when he'd slipped out of the pride's den and galloped away. The pride was a good distance from any other claimed territories, but to one such as him distance was hardly a problem. He'd run through the clouds that morning, fighting to shake off the looming feeling of hungry eyes following his every step, the angry roars and blood-slicked claws.

Finally, he broke his run and fell back to the earth. His feet met silently with the plush grass of an open plain. A few gazelle grazed just on the horizon. Other than that, he had the place to himself.

Afzal roamed the land no longer as a prince of the most powerful pride in the land, but as a cast aside, a rogue. All because of his own pride in his blood line. His teeth grit as he held his head high. Even though he was a rouge he could still try and look as important as he once was.

He was so lost in thought that he was oblivious to the god that had just fallen from the sky. But not so lost that he didn't observe the gazelle. Odd how anger works sometimes.

With claws extended he crouched and readied to dig his claws into the smallest gazelle he could see... a bit of blood might help with the rage. His nostrils flared as he thought more about the past events. Oh how that poor gazelle was going to get it.

Li didn't seem to notice him just yet either. The godling hadn't bothered to conciel his true form- or himself for that matter. As far as gods went, he was small, perhaps no larger than a lion would have been at his age.

He padded forward, licking at his chops. There were a few spotted puddles here and there, left over from the rains that had fallen just a few hours prior. It was at one of the larger ones that Li dipped his head to drink from- though he was careful enough to avoid touching his horn to the water. A feat that, once grown, would prove to be slightly more difficult.

Once in position Afzal charged out from the brush causing the prey to scatter. The youngest was his target, so he let the others run in terror. He guided the beast away from its group. Unaware still of the small lion enjoying the fresh rain waters.

The commotion was enough to catch Li's attention. His head snapped up at the rush of paws against the ground, the startled cries of the gazelles, and the thundering of dozens of hooves against the ground. His ears rolled forward as he watched...

He'd never seen a lion with that kind of a pelt. Or had he? His head throbbed slightly, warning him against any further thought in the issue. For the moment, he was frozen in place.

Red.... he didn't like that color...

Afzal carried a good focus until he nearly had the beast in his claws. But as he ran close to the cub an odd felling he had yet to come across sucker punched his thoughts. The feeling had thrown his focus of guard that he came to a trot and let the little gazelle bound away to join its panicked group. With a frown he looked around the area , his fur puffed out and claws still griping the earth.
With a growl he spotted the “little cub”.

A gasp escaped as the red lions' claws came just inches from taking the gazelle down. The play of angry roars and shining claws ran through the cub's mind's eye once more. The horror of the nightmare soon fell under the shadow of Afzal's heated glare.

He stiffened and took a slow step backwards, head held high to display the potentially dangerous horn crowning his forehead.

Afzal moved closer to the small cub, figuring that there was no one else to blame but the little cub. Logic was not on the mind right now. He moved closer to the little one with revenge on the mind. If he could not have the gazelle, maybe the cub would act as a replacement.

"How dare y-" He growled, But as he drew closer he caught a glimpse of the horn and paused in his steps...

Oh gods it was coming his way! Li reared back, just enough to give him extra height over the long grass surrounding him. There weren't many places in which to hide- if anything he could probibly out-run the larger creature.

"I...I..." he took a few long steps backwards, eyes darting about frantically. There had to be an escape route!

Afzal raised his head and held it high, looking down on the god as much as possible. With Afzal's abnormal height he towered above the little one. "You what?" He spoke coldly. There was something very off about this lion. He was not normal. This one, Afzal would not let get away.

"....I...", Li mentally rolled a few ways to end that sentance around in his mind. However, too long could cost him, so rather than take a few extra moments to calculate an appropreate, perhaps even acceptable response, he finished with, "-Want to be friends!"

"...." Afzal was dumbfounded by this answer. It certainly was not the normal answer of one who was facing death. Now it was his turn to try and find something to say. "Want to be...friends?" He fround. "I need no friends. Friends only drag you through the mud and get you nowhere." By now his teeth started to grit as he thought of the only thing he had that was close to a friend, his brther. The one who remained in the lands! The coward... the traitor.

"Really?" Li took another slow step backwards. Perhaps if he distracted him enough, he'd get enough distance between them to make a clean break for it. "Well I've never been dragged through mud. Does it hurt?"

"ARE YOU REALY THAT DENSE?" He roared. The little brat was an air head! "OF COURSE IT HURTS!" He took a step closer to the little cub. Without realizing it he wanted to feel that strange feeling more. The further the cub got the less of that feeling there was.

"Dense?" Li froze, one back hoof still standing in mid-air. This one had a temper- he'd never seen such anger in his life...he thought. Maybe. "W-well I'll keep that in mind. Mud hurts. Got it....have a nice day!"

Afzal glared at the god with his bottom jaw slightly more forward that the top. By now he had completely forgotten about the lost meal. "I don'y have nice days... my NICE days were taken from me..." He moved closer yet again. He was ready to pounce at any sign of the cub bolting.

"No one can take that if you let them." he frowned a bit, "Everyone has bad days, but you're alone. Right now the only one that can make your day bad is you!" The fact that -he- was right there was beside the point.

"How can you be so nieve?" Never mind the fact he was a cub. "I was a lord! I WAS OF ROYALTY! That was all stripped from me. There was NO CHOICE involved..." He huffed, really not knowing why he was telling some cub he had just meet all this.

"Well....", his frowned deepend, "I didn't know that. I'm sorry it happened but...well sometimes you just don't catch the frog. I tried one day, got real close too- then it squirmed out of my paws. But I didn't let it ruin my whole day!"

Afzal's jaw nearly dropped. Was this cub for real? "Loosing a pride is NOTHING like loosing a little tiny puny insignificant FROG!" His teeth grit again. "You couldn't possibly understand. You don't understand... fine, go back to living with your frogs and rainbows, I'll go back to my mud, reality. This has been a waist of time." He huffed again and turned from the cub with a hard frown. His fur was so ruffled and on end he looked about double his size.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:51 pm
­Li Wei

Obtained by: A gift from Mila Farrell heart  
[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 234 235 236 237 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games