Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:54 pm
A question concerning customs:

I'll be posting a custom form shortly, for a custom-in, in the September Customs Bash.

I'd asked a friend of mine, and was told that I could ask for [on the rogue lines] Cub - Adol on one set of lines, with the adult on the other line.

What I'm wondering if I could get the Cub on one set of lines, and then the Juv - Adult on the other set? A reversal, if you will, if that's not too confusing to the colourist?

I like certain pieces on each set of the Rogue lines, but I realize to ask for specific ones on one set, and switching over to the other would get confusing. ^ ^;;

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:39 pm
I'm not certain- I suppose theoretically you could swap back and forth among the lineart sets for rogues, but I've never personally seen that done. As long as the colorist is alright with it, I would guess you could do that.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:42 pm
~Masamune~
I don't think Reeshie as asking how you can become eligable for low luck status. What she's asking are what are the benefits.

I've been trying to get the same lioness since March 2009. I have 10 links with her form in the September Customs thread, even though I could provide more. It would be nice to know if me having those 10 links with my form actually meant something. Like, is there going to be a separate raffle for low luck SoAs?

heart Still waiting for an answer on this, but I'm guessing Mila is the only one who may know. What are the actual benefits of proving that an SoA concept is low luck?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:45 pm
smile Here's Mila's answer to the Low Luck questions:

"Because some colorists may decide to take a low-luck custom, simply knowing it's low-luck, or may do low-luck only customs in the future?"  

~Masamune~

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:45 pm
As far as I'm aware, the 'switching' at adult was created for litter cubs. It was so people that were gifted could choose a different lineart for themselves, but they were only allowed to do so at adult and had to grow on the same lineart as the rest of the litter until then.

I'm not sure if this will work for customs since you HAVE the choice to pick which lineart set you like more already. In any case, it has only ever been adults that were allowed to switch.

Just my two cents, from what I know of the past situations. Mila might have more answers for you later on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:26 pm
Thank you, Fel. I'd just tagged a note onto my custom form, while waiting. <3

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100

Grumpy Paw

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:07 pm
As far as the second custom for Mix and Match. If you customed a Hybrid lets say September. Could you get the second slot if your lion/whatever gets picked. Or dose having a hybrid not allow you to take that second slot?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:34 pm
For Mix/Match months only, one custom-in may be a hybrid, and one may be a regular (in your own litters). Though the rule for customing-in regarding hybrids (3 month wait) still stands for the following months.

edit: Oh, I read that wrong. XD Will get back to you on that.

edit 10/5: Yes, you get that second slot, but the hybrid will still count over for the hybrid in the following months. So if you customed a hybrid in Sept, you may custom-in once this month, and not custom in again 'til Dec.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm
Okay, I have a question about the 1,000 word SRPs. Say, you're using multiple SoA in the RP, is there a limit to how many words each character must have in the RP for it to count for them in a breeding?

I have this RP, written in story style, that has 5 of my characters in there, however some of them have fairly minor roles, but the RP itself is over 1,000 words. Does that mean even the minor role characters can use it for a breeding for them, or do they need to have a certain amount of words/activity in the RP for it to count?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:34 pm
Velveteen Angel
Okay, I have a question about the 1,000 word SRPs. Say, you're using multiple SoA in the RP, is there a limit to how many words each character must have in the RP for it to count for them in a breeding?

I have this RP, written in story style, that has 5 of my characters in there, however some of them have fairly minor roles, but the RP itself is over 1,000 words. Does that mean even the minor role characters can use it for a breeding for them, or do they need to have a certain amount of words/activity in the RP for it to count?

Thanks.
I want to know this as well!

Also (and this might be a little macabre/off the wall) but what if you have a mated pair of lions who have a litter. They roll, say, three. What if, for plot reasons, I wanted to say that a few cubs passed away. For example. They roll the three, +2 customs = 5 cubs. In roleplay, they say they had 7 cubs and that two passed away. Can this happen? Does this make sense? AUGHRHG! XD  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 pm
@Pinch: As far as I know, and any colorists can correct me if I'm wrong, you can't say that. It would have to be rolled cubs that would be deceased in that case.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 pm
Okay, I'm glad I asked. :3 Thank you Tor-mah-luff! <3  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:41 am
I'd received permission to attempt to custom in to a litter, and I know I have until before the litter first grows to get a slot, but:

Do I have to go through the colourist that did the litter, or is it acceptable to go through another colourist?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:32 pm
You can go through any colourist, it doesn't have to be the same one that did the litter.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:21 pm
Velveteen Angel

Thanks.

Still looking for an answer to this <3

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games