Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XChinaBelleX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:51 pm
Hello. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 pm
Aloha. I'm Lenn. I'm new, and I am a hippie (haven't you heard? Hippies Rock!). Anyway, I once told one of my classmates: "Don't make me beat you in the name of grammar," so I suppose I'm suited for this guild? My only problem is it takes a while for me to realize my spelling errors (I fix them when I find them, however).
I enjoy books by George Orwell, Ray Bradbury, Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling, Lemony Snicket, Eoin Colfer and Willo Davis Roberts. smile I love books! My t.v. shows are Heroes, Ugly Betty, Dead Like Me and stuff like that.
I have been told I'm very arrogant, so watch out! If I insult anyone accidentally, just say it was offensive and I will apologize.  

Mother Superior

Dapper Businesswoman

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Arkly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:39 pm
Hello,I'd like to introduce myself.My name is Arkly,and I have just one question.Was the admin serious when he said that there shall be no comedy,or something like that? Just wondering  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:05 pm
Hi. My name is Spiritually, my name in real life is Cory Alexander. I'm actually a male, but the female characters looked more appealing. Whatever.

In reality, I'm a fourteen-year-old boy who has nothing better to do. I'm an aspiring satirist.

I don't read books-- if you caught me reading a book, you didn't. That was someone else. I do read things like maddox.xmission.com. He's funny.

That sums it up. When I have something more to say I might not make my sentences so brief.  

Spiritually

Sovea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:39 pm
Hi, new member. I'm an amusingly literate 24-year-old who loves spelling, punctuation, and long walks on the beach typing out all my words when I communicate with people. I'm also a fanfiction writer, so I'd like to think that my grammatical hobbies help out there!

Nice to meet everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:37 pm
Hello there, I'm a literate 12-year old, and I have an IQ of whatever genius is and seven tenths. *shot*

I like pie, dragons, novels with dragons and/or fantasy, and various other weird things that I don't even know. Like spuds. And strudel. I've been on Gaia for.... not that long, come to think of it. I'm also a (somewhat inactive) member of Neopets, but Gaia is better due to lack of censoring the word 'suck'. I've joined this guild because, well, it's a relief to see literate walls of text. =D

I'm a n00bish/1337 translator, and I like to annoy 'leetspeakers' by translating whatever they say, and nothing else. You should try it sometime. I'm also known for my excessive use of 'xD' and '=D'

If I'm acting crazy, don't be afraid, since being normal is abnormal for me. I like to blurt out at random, strings of stuff n' junk, such as "OMGWTFBBQLOLROFLMAOZORZ" So... yeah.

WALL OF TEXT

P.S. If you've ever heard of the 'Kirbies' on Neopets, I'm one of them. *prepares to be shot*  

Zekeachu

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:54 pm
Hello I am Morgan. I am 13 and am very literate except for the fact that I can't spell. My recent I.Q test showed an I.Q of 112. I am interested in the middle ages, art, books, and animals.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:15 pm
Hello, Guild-Goers. I'm glad to be here, my name, as mentioned in my profile, is Julie. I prefer Yoko and Panda, however, so please call me one of those. I'm presently sixteen, and surprisingly literate for my surroundings. Please, check out my profile, there's a lot of things you may find interesting in it. 3nodding

Thank you for your time and your acceptance. (I bow deeply and go back to my profile)  

x_Chromatic Zelda_x

Unknowncreepychick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 pm
Hey, I'm Vagabond Soul, V for short.

I tend to type in the manner that I tend to speak.

Other then that...

I'm boy with a good heart and bad lungs. I'm sarcastic and snide, sweet and sincire. I smoke, and I drink, and I cuss. I steal kisses and break hearts. I share secret smiles, and not-so-secret beds. I watch over my brothers and sisters, as they watch over me. I fall for the wrong girls, and say the wrong things. I can make you believe a thousand lies and still not show you of the truth that's in front of your eyes. My mind is not my own, but my heart is mine to give. Tell me the truth and I will give you my trust. Tell me your mind and I'll give you my respect. Tell me you heart and I'll give you my love. I'm cocky and shy, outspoken and quiet. I'll ruin your life, and make your day. I'll drive you crazy, and keep you sane. I'll pull your strings, and set you free. I'll stack the deck, and still lose every time. Just to see you smile. I'm a clown and a poet, a pauper and a prince. A story of lost innocence, shattered dreams, and perfect sunrises. I'm a tease and a flirt, a gentleman and a tramp. I'm rarely taken seriously, and rarely seek to be.

I guess that's about it...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:50 pm
I'm thunderandlightning, or simply Lightning. I know somebody is going to say, "Why is your name spelled like that?" (Not that I think anyone is dumb, and I'm not insulting anyone) So, I shall take the liberty of telling you all that my sister chose my name in exchange for helping me clean the garage. Anyway, I'm eleven (11) years old, and I like proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Actually, spelling words incorrectly is fine, as long as it's not on purpose. I also like writing my words (even my numbers) out and poems! I am a girl, and I live in New York State. I speak two languages, English and Chinese, and that is about the size of it! So, I bid farewell, and I hope to see whoever is reading this another day, in another thread!

Edit: By the way, Vagabond Soul, your words are beautiful. whee  

thunderandlightning

x_Chromatic Zelda_x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:06 pm
thunderandlightning

Edit: By the way, Vagabond Soul, your words are beautiful. whee

Agreed.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:11 pm
Thank you.
I would like to think that words are more than just a way of exchanging information. The fact that words can be artistic, in so much as anything that ellicets emotion is art, is to me, a sign that humanity is not a lost cause.  

Unknowncreepychick

Duke.Lychee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm
*Horns Blare*

"Enter, thy Duke of the Lychee Fruit, aptly named, Duke.Lychee."

Hello, my happily literate and scholarly fellow members. It is an honor for me to be part of such a momentous movement on Gaia. The movement against "txt twk" and all other sickeningly bad grammar on the forums. I am a luckily literate 13 year old who loves to read, debate on Gaia, and have a good sit down going through forums to get a taste of the horrors this guild is fighting. Best of luck to all soldiers fighting the crusade for legible English.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:38 pm
Hello to everyone!
My name is Fraser, and I'm 18 years old.
I've just recently moved from Germany, so my english isn't exactly perfect yet, but I still love to promote, and practice good grammer, whatever the language.
I'm studying graphic design and philosophy at the moment in university, and I'm a competitive dinghy sailboat racer.

Cheers.  

-Non[Stop]Disco-

Scythes R Us

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 am
'ello poppits and chums. I'm not to good on intros so...yeah sweatdrop
Anyways, I'm 14 years old and you can call me Ang or Angel. Either one works. Erm...I normally have excellent grammar when I'm writing, which is a good thing. This is a forum after all. But, if you've ever met me in real life, then you'd know my speaking grammar sucks rofl . So, that's it. Cheers!

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games