Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Question of the Day! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miken-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:35 pm
Melody Rhyme
Wow miken-chan, you sure no a lot. smile 3nodding

Thanks, I've benn trying to teach myself how to read/write japanese, it's good to have some background, I'm chinese, so I know meaning to some of the Kanji characters like shin (from Kenshin means heart) and ken (which means sword), I think the ending theme in japanese would be Shin no ken, "Heart of the sword" sweatdrop

I think the thing that feuls my obsession is hiding it from my japan-hating parents...(Because of WWII and the Invasion of China by Japan...)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:36 pm
miken-chan
hypnocrown
Miken Chan is very informed. I had no idea what the techniques or swords were called. I guess it pays to have seen more than just the anime eh?

Lets just say I'm really obsessed, I even had my violin teacher teach me how to play Itermezzo from Callevaria Rusticana, by Peitro Mascagni, you know the song they played in the background during the goodbye scene... 3nodding

The term is Master of Kenshin. I love the series but I never could know all the moves let alone play a theme. Thats cool you play the violin though.  

Wolf of Mibu

Miwaslover

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:44 pm
hypnocrown
Hey Miwas! That was great! I did see all that but, it's just to bad that I'm really bad with names. I couldn't remember a single one! I'm ashamed of myself...

Anyway, what Miwaslover mentioned takes place over the course of more than just one episode in the anime right?
Yes. The event takes place over two episodes. You were right for once. Lolz. First Kenshin goes to see Arai Shaku's son when Cho finds out. In the following episode they rush to save Iiori from the crazed sword hunter.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:15 am
It was a god sword with apoem written uder the wooden handle.  

The Sunflower Samurai

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:44 pm
miken-chan
hypnocrown
Miken Chan is very informed. I had no idea what the techniques or swords were called. I guess it pays to have seen more than just the anime eh?

Lets just say I'm really obsessed, I even had my violin teacher teach me how to play Itermezzo from Callevaria Rusticana, by Peitro Mascagni, you know the song they played in the background during the goodbye scene... 3nodding

Well, I may not be as obsessed cuz I don't seem to recall that song but, at least I do remember some stuff about RK. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:47 pm
miken-chan
I think the thing that feuls my obsession is hiding it from my japan-hating parents...(Because of WWII and the Invasion of China by Japan...)

Wow Miken Chan! I didn't know you are chinese. Isn't that interesting... I have heard a lil about that but I can't seem to find anything that tells me why Japan invaded China in the first place.  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:49 pm
Miwaslover
hypnocrown
Hey Miwas! That was great! I did see all that but, it's just to bad that I'm really bad with names. I couldn't remember a single one! I'm ashamed of myself...

Anyway, what Miwaslover mentioned takes place over the course of more than just one episode in the anime right?
Yes. The event takes place over two episodes. You were right for once. Lolz. First Kenshin goes to see Arai Shaku's son when Cho finds out. In the following episode they rush to save Iiori from the crazed sword hunter.

What!? Is it possible that I managed to remember something right for once? Then how come Mel didn't? Gee, kinda makes me think I should be a mod eh? ha-ha! lol blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:00 pm
CrimsonSwordsman
It was a god sword with a poem written uder the wooden handle.

I think Sakabato Shinuchi had this written on it:

Slashing myself I have trained countless blades,
My son reviles, but for my grandson I bleed.

-as quoted in the 10th RK volume

(I might be slightly off since one of my friends still has my book sweatdrop )  

miken-chan

miken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:09 pm
Miwaslover
hypnocrown

I also think it takes place in 2 1/6 acts of the manga (the last part is the first few pages in the 81st act in the 10th volume) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:29 pm
Miken you are awesome. xd  

Wolf of Mibu

Miwaslover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:42 pm
miken-chan
Miwaslover
hypnocrown

I also think it takes place in 2 1/6 acts of the manga (the last part is the first few pages in the 81st act in the 10th volume) 3nodding
::twitch twitch:: Do you know this all off the top of your head?....I am starting to question reality.... eek  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:15 am
I think Miken Chan knows all of that by heart Miwaslover. After all, she did tell us that RK is sort of her obsession so... There is one thing I am sort of obsessed about and that would have to be Castlevania. I love that saga!  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:18 am
New question of the day!

After the Shishio Saga was over, a new opponent came into the picure and he was considered as a God because of his skill in Hiten Mitsurugi. What was this man's name and his sister's name?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:21 pm
hypnocrown
New question of the day!

After the Shishio Saga was over, a new opponent came into the picure and he was considered as a God because of his skill in Hiten Mitsurugi. What was this man's name and his sister's name?

The man was Amakusa Shougo, and his sister was Amakusa Sayo, also known as Lady Magadela 3nodding

They were Christians, whose parents (and many other Christians) were killed by some Bhuddists that hated Christianity....... crying  

miken-chan

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:46 am
Hmm, nice going Miken Chan. I have forgotten all about them cuz I barely saw a few episodes after the Shishio thing was over. I do remember something about the guys being considered some kind of God cuz of the way he fought and the fact that christianity was their way and all. I didn't really know what the names were so, cuz you are a great RK fan then I can take yer word for it. 3nodding  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games