Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Back to Guilds

Tags: Purple, Moonlight, Chat, Hangout, Moon 

Reply ~~*RPG Area!*~~~
Breaking Lines - [Vampire rp] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 167 168 169 170 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*chomp*
D:
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
>:)
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:38 am
"You once asked how I go undetected," Koko replied. "Every once in a while I have to hack into a database to change my information when I move."

She led them down to her office in the shop before and turned on a couple dim lights. She removed some cluttered and sat down to turn on the computer.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:41 am
Drake nodded, actually quite impressed. he followed her down and eyed teh computer a little warily. it was way smaller than he expected.  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 am
Koko eyed him curiously. He was behind the times.... she thought.

"We're you expecting something bigger?" she asked as she logged in and started up the internet brower-taking it to a search engine. She stood up and gestured him to take a seat. "Just type in what you want to search for here," she pointed. Then she crossed her arms and glanced over to Judith. She wondered if she found Drakes lack of computer knowledge as lmildly amusing as she did.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 am
"Well, yes.." he said as if it was obvious and looked a little sulky as he got teh feeling she was making fun of him. he eyed the browser with general bemusement and started to type.

Find information for the Noble Cromwell family of York of the 16th century. Art.

he looked at the words on the screen and then tried to mimic what koko had done with her mouse, moving the cursor around the screen a little tentatively until he clicked the search button.
"Did i do it right?"  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:58 am
Koko gave a small applause to tease him and nodded. "Now are there any titles that match most or some of the information you gave it?" she asked glancing over the screen.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:18 am
[Drake's adorable when it comes to technology XD to his defense, computers are only 15-20 years old]

"ehh..." he looked through, nudging the page down experimentaly.
"uh, 'online natinal archives' looks promising."
he took the mouse and guided the cursor over to click the link. after it didn't immediately open he clicked it a few times more and then raised an eyebrow as the link popped up in another window.
"hrm...wrong cromwells...uh.." he scrolled down, gradually getting the hang of it. "ah, this looks like it."
he double-clicked and was presented with an old-looking family tree obviously scanned in.
"How on earth do they get these thinsg onto teh computer." he mumbled to himself and scanned down teh names. he recognised almost all of them, and gave a satisfied smile once he found his name. he tapped the screen.
"Here we are. Drake Cromwell, 1516-1537. That's a start."
he then tapped on his parents names. "Joseph Cromwell, 1480 - 1537, that's my father. Anne Constance Cromwell 1502 - 1553, my mother. he then pointed out a section of names before his. "Joseph 1500-1500, Sarah 1504-1504 Alice 1507-1509." Then he traced down to his mother's second children and secodn husband "heh, she managed another 3 living kids. Good on her."
he shook his head in disbelief. "it's amazing this still survives.And my father's bastards...heh. How did they find those out?"
he leant back looking down the family tree at his distant relatives. then he cleared hsi throat.
"But we still have to find the picture..."  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:44 am
Koko gave him some space while he searched. She occupied herself by straightening some ingredients and thinking over what chores needed to be done. She noticed the wreath for Grace had been forgotten by Fayt and her mouth twitched-both sad and happpy. An odd combination.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:58 am
He serached a little further and stumbeld into a museum exhibition. he then grinned as he finally found the picture.
"How do I make this bigger?" he asked the girls.  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:00 pm
"Try moving the cruser over the image and clicking on it," Koko replied as she wondered back over.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:16 pm
Drake did so and the compute rhummed a little as it downloaded to a larger size. He smiled.
"Yes, this is is...wow."
He looekd at his parents faces. they were younger, but he began to remember again. while he still strained a little at the voices, he recalled tehri faces now. A knot in his chest loosened at that.
"hrm...probably better not look at what a dorky child I was." he smirked  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:28 pm
Dorky doesn't even begin to describe you.... was what Koko considered saying but didn't. He exmined his family-thoughts of her own emerged. "She's pretty," was the only comment she could think up.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 pm
"mhmm..provided you didn't cross her." Drake sighed. "Things were simpler back then."
he ran a hand through his hair and turne din hsi seat.
"is there a way i can take the family tree and the painting images off the computer and into, uh, reality?"  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:51 pm
Koko gave a nod. She reached down to the largest drawer to her desk and pulled out a small-light weight printer. Then she opened another drawer and found a couple sheets of photo copy paper.

She set everything up quickly and her fingers flew across the keys. The printer hummed to life as it printer off the family image. It tooke several minutes. When it finished she handed the image to him. "Give it a moment to dry," she replied.

Next she printed off the family tree on regular paper. That took less time than the picture.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:55 pm
Drake thanked her and gently touched the edge of the wet ink to test it. he blew on it, disliking the smell.
"it looks good."  

dragontamer363
Crew

0Moon_Maiden0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:04 pm
Koko gave the tiniest hint of a smile. She also felt a little envious. She had to force herself to recall her family's faces each day to remember them. And half the time she wasn't she how accurate they were. Her main source were her dreams that they were in when she had them.

She rummaged through another drawer and found an empty folder. "Here," she said handing it to him. "It can give some protection."  
~~*RPG Area!*~~~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 167 168 169 170 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games