Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 pm
Monologue19

Willow blushed a little. She had never really liked her last name. But she shrugged it off and said "I'm not entirely surprised to learn you're muggle-born. I'm half, myself, so I guess I know the signs." She lifted up her Defense book to show Niamh. "Such as, do you not have our textbooks? Most of the people in Ravenclaw spend the nights studying, from what I've heard."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:16 pm
Monologue19
((Your fine I was going to excuse myself anyway and to go see whats up with the new house elves))  

Daliaveyani

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:16 pm
DFC1995

((Sometime later we should go together! I wasn't a house elf very long but I want to meet the new ones too a little later on ^.^If you don't mind Willow following you around a bit :3))  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 am
((I don't mind at all (= ))  

Daliaveyani

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:16 am
Monologue19

((Did you get the rp?))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 pm
Pearls of Diamonds
Monologue19

((Did you get the rp?))

((Oh, I hadn't gotten it the first time, sorry about that! sweatdrop ))

Niamh motioned to the upstairs where they slept. "They should be up there, this is the first time I've been in here since I arrived. I got a little lost on the way back from the Great Hall. Although, I do have a keen sense of direction, and I found it eventually," she said with a little laugh. "So, what classes do you think you'll be looking forward to the most?" she asked.  

Monologue19

Quotable Conversationalist

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:14 pm
Monologue19

Niamh motioned to the upstairs where they slept. "They should be up there, this is the first time I've been in here since I arrived. I got a little lost on the way back from the Great Hall. Although, I do have a keen sense of direction, and I found it eventually," she said with a little laugh. "So, what classes do you think you'll be looking forward to the most?" she asked.

Willow was amazed at Niamh's good fortune finding the common room in a castle that she had read was certainly more confusing than the average jungle, but the other girl's question had also caught her interest. "Oh, definitely Defense. Though history of magic takes a strong second." She paused, then quickly added, as if she had said it many times "It's not that I don't like flying, but I'm just not very interested in doing it. I'm only taking it because we have to, but naturally I plan to excel anyhow... What about you?" Willow sat down facing Niamh.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:20 pm
Pearls of Diamonds

Willow was amazed at Niamh's good fortune finding the common room in a castle that she had read was certainly more confusing than the average jungle, but the other girl's question had also caught her interest. "Oh, definitely Defense. Though history of magic takes a strong second." She paused, then quickly added, as if she had said it many times "It's not that I don't like flying, but I'm just not very interested in doing it. I'm only taking it because we have to, but naturally I plan to excel anyhow... What about you?" Willow sat down facing Niamh.

Niamh nodded with interest. "Well, I am interested in history of magic, just because there's gonna be so much I don't know, being muggle born and all. But I'm equally excited for flying. It just seems like so much fun! I think I'll like Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures as well when it's time for them. There isn't much here that I'm not excited about, honestly." She giggled and pulled some candy out of her pocket. "Like these frogs! Holy cow! You want one?"  

Monologue19

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm
Monologue19

Willow chuckled. "Oh, no thank you. I don't like Chocolate, actually. I know, so weird, right? I always thought one of the most interesting differences between the wizarding world and the muggle world was the candy, though. It's just so different. Hey- you mentioned Care of Magical Creatures, right?" she asked. "Were you thinking of taking Arithmacy as well in your third year? Those are two of the classes I look forward to the most! Especially because," she began to dig in her bag, as if remembering something "you know...I think we are ready to start that stuff now....I can't believe they make us- here-" She handed Niamh a sugar quill, "wait for it."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 am
Pearls of Diamonds

"Ooh!" Niamh said, taking the sugar quill. She bit into it happily. "Yes, I'm a bona fide sugar-holic, that means chocolate, fruit, syrup, anything!" She then paused a moment to consider Willow's question. "I think I'd like Arithmacy, yes. It might seem odd for a Ravenclaw, but I'm not always a fan of "technical" things. I just like getting my hands dirty and doing stuff! Whether it's flying, handling creatures, or studying in the greenhouse...anything like that. Although I have to admit, I don't see why we can't take Arithmacy now anyway."  

Monologue19

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm
Monologue19

"I know!" Willow practically shouted. She paused and checked her volume. "I agree." She said more demurely. "But actually, Niamh, I think you've come to the right place. Consider this: most wizarding arts are very hands-on. Very little of it requires calculation. Potions and Arithmancy, yes. But even besides what you're already mentioned, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration and even some forms of Divination require not just wands and brains, but a will to get up and do. My father always says 'being a witch is not the lazy job!'" she laughed a little at the memory. Her father believed that some muggles kept jobs that weren't taxing in the least and required far too little schooling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:23 pm
Pearls of Diamonds

"Well, I hope so," Niamh said with a smile. Her expression soon unfocused as she began to think about other things. "I actually have no idea what I would have wanted to do had I never known about the wizarding world. So I guess I'm happy I came here! What do you think?" she asked, suddenly snapping back to attention.  

Monologue19

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:25 am
Monologue19

"Well...I can understand that." Willow said. "You see mother and father had differing opinions about wether I should be told or not that I was a witch, so I spent the first six years of my life wondering why I was so strange and got along with father's friends better than mother's. I was originally also job hunting in the muggle world. So boring." She thought about some of her mother's reactions to sudden magic. "Say, how do your parents feel about Hogwarts?" she asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:52 pm
Pearls of Diamonds

"Honestly...I'm not 100% sure. I don't think they even believed any of this was possible when I first got my letter. We all honestly thought it was some kind of prank at first. But it did end up explaining a lot. Whenever I would get mad, we'd have a lot of electrical problems. Now I know why!" Niamh said with relief. It had been hard, especially when there were rumors of her being "haunted" or "possessed". Not that her family had been too keen on those explanations either. "I think things might be weird for a while with my parents until...well, until something changes, I guess."  

Monologue19

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Nekko fire fox

Sweet Bookworm

11,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200