Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:46 pm

User ImagePotions had been a nightmare. Well, really it wasn't awful but Nott still felt bad about his reaction. He wished that Kaera, and the rest of the class for that matter had not had to see that side of him. He needed to be somewhere and blow off a little steam. Normally when he was down here, his practice was all about being calm and controlled. He didn't want that today. No, today he was looking to take his aggression out on things.

Luckily he had a new spell to lash out with. But he started with Flippendo. He whipped his wand aggressively, stepping and lunging toward a huge old log, half rotted with decay from being lapped by the lake's gentle waves. The log shot up into the air, flipping over and over as he flew higher in the air until finally it began its descent, still flipping over and over. When it landed almost a hundred feet away, it hit the rocky shore with such force that it splintered into kindling. By that time Nott had already sent two large rocks and another, much smaller, log flying.

Then he went on to a charm that he had been practicing on his own. "Accio!" The first time that he had tried it, he had hit himself so hard in the head with his Charms book that he nearly knocked himself unconscious. But he had mastered it, quicker than some of the others anyway. But today he wasn't grabbing books. No, today it was logs. He was dropping them about ten feet short of himself, forming a large sprawling pile of driftwood.

Now for the new spell. "Incendio!" When Nott had tried it in class he had tried to be easy. It still hadn't worked out so well. But now he didn't try to control it. He wanted to let the explosive side of his unstable power out. And was it explosive. The fire that blazed out of his wand was so hot that Nott could barely stand it. But he held the wand as the flames consumed the dry wood. Crackling and popping noises echoed loudly. Nott gasped and released the spell. The fire was so hot already that he had to step back.

Going back to about thirty feet away from the bonfire, he dropped down exhausted to sitting and watching the fire burn.

God, I miss Charlotte. He wasn't even ashamed to think it. He was ready to just sit down and feel sorry for himself for a little while.

User Image
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:06 pm

User Image
User Image

Charlotte hurried down from the viaduct, clamoring her way among fallen trees, a few small hills and around groups of students as she headed towards the lake. She grumbled under her breath about the stupidity of practicing near a lake as winter neared, when she stopped noticing something in the distance. It look like a small brown dot at first, but as she got closer she realized it was a piece of wood. It was quickly followed by two large rocks and another smaller piece of wood. What!? Is he trying to get noticed? Doesn't he remember that we aren't to use magic outside of the classroom or has the fridge air frozen his brain, she thought hurrying toward the spot where she assumed they flown from.

As she neared, she could see that now he was sitting not too far from a large roaring fire. For a moment she paused, wondering if she should go near. It was very possible that he would get angry just seeing her. That in fact he had been ignoring and avoiding her cause he was angry. She stood there contemplating it for a moment, but the a blast of freezing wind from the lake informed her of her options. Standing and freeze or get warm near the fire. Fire, she thought stumbling her way over cling to the edges of her cloak. About a foot or so away, she paused and then said, "So...this is why you haven't blasted yourself in DADA, lately. You should have told me, I would have joined you."

She stood waiting, looking down at him as she held of the edges of her cloak together.

___________________*___________________
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
{{}{Springy 10 1/2 inch, Birch wood with a core of Jobberknoll feather}{}}

Mellow Magpie

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 pm

User ImageNott just about jumped out of his skin when he heard a voice behind him. Not just any voice. Her voice. Swiping his head to the side, he looked up at her with a wide smile. He couldn't deny that he was ecstatic to see her. He wanted to jump up and hug her. But he knew that he couldn't not after the other night.

That thought probably should have wiped the smile off of his face. But it didn't. He just sat there smiling at her. "Yeah, well we can't all be perfect like you, Lottie."

It was just so good to be able to speak to her. How long had it been since that night? Too long. The fire blazed and crackled and Nott was suddenly quite happy that he had made it. A cold breeze swept over the area but the warmth of the fire kept it at bay. Smiling up at Charlotte he patted the ground next to him.

"Come on over here. You look like you are freezing."

He stared ahead into the fire. The smile still plastered on his face. The fire danced and popped as the logs fell and broke down. The wood was old and rotten and burned quickly. Nott watched the flames lick up each new section of wood and grab a hold. The black of burn spreading like a virulent rash and the hiss as fire met wet wood. It was hypnotic to watch.

Not looking away, Nott laughed gently. "You know, it could have been worse. I could have set the whole forest on fire."

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:42 pm

User Image
User Image

"I'm far from perfect, you fool. But believe what will," she muttered as she shuffled a bit closer. Hoping that the near she got the warmer she would get. She could feel her nose going numb in the harsh wind, which meant that it was going red. She took one hand to rub it, when she heard Nott's offer. That was it. With those words, all the awkward words she had been planning slipped away. The last few days of silence between them melted. Though there is still a way to go, she thought as she placed herself careful where he had tapped the ground, still her face carried a grateful smile.

The warmth from the fire was wonderful against her face, she sighed happily. Smiling, she looked over at Nott to see that he was staring into the flames, she did the same. It was nice the feeling or maybe it was knowledge that nothing had truly changed between them. Sure Nott had a girlfriend now, but they were still friend. Though I think the feeling of the flames counts for some of the comfort, she thought closing her eyes so that she let the lights of the flames play through her lids. They stayed closed, right up in till he spoke again.

Chuckling, she shifted her cape to close up around her bent knees. Smiling, she said, "Nah, you're bloody lucky you aren't on fire, given your record. I would bet a knut that if you hadn't been focused outward, as you'd been. I'd be dragging you're burnt bum to the Hospital Wing. Where you'd be forced to drink a ton of 'Burn Be-Gone' Potion and I would watch laughing as you wretched at the stuff."

Mellow Magpie

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:34 pm

User ImageNott chuckled at her assessment of his skills. Even reaching up to run his hand through the front of his hair that he had to trim the scorched ends from. He smiled wider though as she mentioned that she would be the one to the hospital wing, and that SHE would be there with him. STOP IT, YOU BLEEDING MORON!

H e grimaced against the warmth of the fire as he reminded himself that she didn't think of him like that. Not even a little bit. That sort of thinking had gotten them into this situation. But he couldn't help but be happy that she was there. Even so, he noticed a hesitancy between them. He wanted things like they had been. But it seemed like he was going to have to clear the air before that would happen.

"Listen, Lot-..Charlotte." He caught himself. Using his nickname for her just felt too close, too personal. He pulled his eyes away from the fire to look at her. "I'm sorry about that night. I swear, I don't know what came over me." Lie, lie, lie. You wanted her, you were stupid and thought that she wanted you. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "I don't want to lose you as a friend. Is there any way to..." he gestured at the open air. "..make this right? I mean, I'm dating Kaera now. So I don't think you have to worry about me. And I swear that I'll never do something like that again." Lie. Well, not an outright lie. But the memory of the kiss was not something Nott wanted to think would never be repeated. It had all seemed so right. Just before she threw herself backward to get away from him and then tried to run from the room, that was.

His bright blue eyes shined and sparkled in the firelight, "I miss you. As a friend. I feel a little lost without you."Lie, you feel a lot lost.

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:43 am

User Image
User Image

Charlotte listened to Nott, but for some reason she felt like something was still off. He had apologized, he had said it was never going to happen again. Yet somehow, all comfort she had felt near the fire was gone. She could probably lay blame at the fact that he had stopped midway through using his nickname for her. Tucking her chin on her knees and looked down at the ground. Trying to think it all through, because was completely off, at the same time she found herself saying, "I've missed you as well, as a friend clearly. I miss our study times, I mean...Xenos's study group is fun, but one really can't joke around there."

Taking a breath, she brushed some of her back and then continued,
"Plus I've seen with your girlfriend, it is no secret. I saw it back in our earlier History of Magic class. You two were terrible flirts, still are. Still..."

She straighted a little, looking into the fire as it dawned on her what was bothering her. She been the only girl that resisted the charm and yet, that made her an oddity. While she had been off, he had gone and gotten a girlfriend within days of the incident. And I thought I was being replaced...I guess I am in a way. As a girlfriend, Keara's suppose to take up all the time I use to spend with him, she thought as she settled her chin back on her knees and she snorted softly. I guess in this situation I should be anger, but this just seems to prove my prior thoughts right...Yet, I hate this distance.

"Look," she said turning to look at Nott. Staring into his face, she smiled and continued, "At this moment I can find nothing that needs righting. We're still friends, you've apologizes, and we're talking to each other. Unless you feel like you need to give me an endless supply chocolate frogs and butterbeer. Which I won't object or reject if you feel the need to do so."

Mellow Magpie

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:02 pm

First Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera had followed after Charlotte when she went to see Nott. She vaguely understood that this was a wrong thing to do, stalking her friend. But she wanted to be sure Charlotte was ok. The girl had earned her loyalty and whether Charlotte liked it or not, loyalty meant that she had earned herself a personal body guard.

Levera crouched low and jumped for a low branch on a tree not too far from where Charlotte and Nott were speaking. She could see them perfectly and hear them as well as she scooched further back into the branches of the tree, hidden from sight, her wand at the ready in case anything went wrong.

She watched them carefully, a little nervous about the fire Nott was conjuring. Then remembered that he wasn't an enemy per se. So she relaxed, smiling when Charlotte and Nott made up. It was good to see them friends again.

Suddenly Levera lost her balance in the tree. She screamed and fell out of the tree. She barely reacted in time to curl up and land on her side, not her back. " SEKHMET!" she yelled as a curse, whimpering in pain. The drop was a good twenty feet and as a result her body was suddenly racked with pain.
~~~~~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:20 am

User ImageNott smiled, he couldn't help but. Charlotte seemed to have forgiven him. Things weren't as carefree between them as they had been. But perhaps it was just going to take a little time to get back to how things used to be. Maybe things would never be the same. But he was certainly willing to try. If he had learned anything during this time it was that Charlotte was important to him. In the year that they had known each other something strange had happened. Somehow he felt like he didn't function properly if she wasn't there to joke and laugh with him. At least from afar like when they had exchanged owls while she was home or in France.

Chuckling he dropped his eyes and looked back to the fire. Nodding approvingly, "No problem. I'll see to the endless supply of sweets. I'm glad to hear that you are open to bribery of material goods since my body clearly wasn't enticing you." He smirked. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I just meant-"

There was a sudden shuffle of leaves and a shouted curse and Nott spun around. It was a tree right near them. A soft thud and ended the noise and Nott ran in that direction, only looking over his shoulder for a moment to see if Charlotte knew what was going on. But he ran over to find the small crumpled form of "Levera?"

Nott looked her over, it didn't look good. Whatever she had done, she was in incredible pain. "We have to get her to the Hospital Wing." He remarked to Charlotte. Looking at how she fell, she seemed to have landed on her side. As a veteran of falls out of trees, off of brooms, and buildings for that matter, he knew that your side was every bit as bad as landing on your front.

"Levera?" He didn't know how aware she was of her surroundings. "Levera, listen. You took a bad fall and we have to get you to the hospital wing. I'm going to carry you. It is going to hurt a little, so I need you to be strong. Okay?"

Nott mentally tossed around options. If he had Charlotte levitate her all of the way back to the hospital wing, the lack of support on her body could be dangerous. Not to mention that they certainly hadn't practiced long sustained levitation in class. What would happen if after ten minutes of walking, or if Charlotte tripped, that the charm wouldn't end and drop Levera again. Carrying her seemed the best option.

Now, what side to carry her on. If he put her injured side towards his chest, the pressure against his body was sure to hurt it. However, if he carried her injured side out, his one hand would have to be around her shoulder/arm/ribs, all of which could be and probably were broken. At the least badly bruised. Making a decision, he walked around to her injured side. "Take a deep breath, this isn't going to feel good."

Reaching down, he scooped her up into his arms. Luckily Nott was a large boy for his age and all of his outdoor ruckus and riding had made him very strong. Plus Levera was quite slim. Positioning her head on his shoulder and making sure that he had a firm hold under her legs, he tried to hold his other arm out so that her injured side wasn't pressed too tightly against him.

"Let's go." He said and turned and headed up the beach as swiftly as he could walk and jostle her as little as possible.

User Image

Garden of Wisteria

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:57 am

User Image
User Image

Charlotte was in a sort of shock. Her mind was still stumbling words that Nott might have added to his shorten sentence, while her body followed behind the form of him and a injured Levera. She had been sure that Levera had been on her way back to her dormitory when they had been parting. The courtyard had begun to fill up as classes let out and she had decide that it was now or never to confront Nott on the incident.

Somehow, I am not surprised that she followed, but I am surprised that she would slip. It doesn't seem like something she would do...Then again, I'm not sure how stable climbing a tree can be since I've never done so, Charlotte thought as she finally caught up with the other two. Peering down at Levera, she tried to see if there was any apparent bruising, flipping through her inventory of charm that might help ease the pain. When she stumbled and fell, she quickly got up and dusted herself off on only to feel a blast of chilly wind and it hit her. They had left the fire still burning. She bit her lip and then shook her head, I'm sure it will be fine...plus it ain't like I have practiced the spell before.

Sighing, she hurried after the pair.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:01 pm

First Year Slytherin Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Levera whimpered and then stopped, whimpering hurt. She took in a sharp breath...breathing hurt. She took stock of all the pain she was feeling. Broken ribs...she definitely had broken ribs, at least four, maybe more. She curled tighter, but moving her leg hurt...cracked femur...broken wrist....maybe other internal injuries. Levera coughed and she tasted some blood...make that definite internal injuries, she needed medical attention.

Then she heard Nott's voice, but she was having trouble focusing on him. She whimpered in response to whatever he said and tried to lift her head, but a blinding headache ripped through her head. She felt like a beater had just smashed her head in with a bat and a bludger had zipped back around to finish the job. She groaned and decided that settling back on the ground would be an intelligent decision.

Levera screamed as Nott picked her up. It was pure agony to be moved, but it was lucky she hadn't landed on her back or Nott wouldn't have been able to move her at all. Levera whimpered as Nott settled her in his arms, as soon as her head touched his shoulder she passed out, Levera had a high pain tolerance, but some pains were just too much for anyone to handle.

~~~~~~
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”

Feverw0lf

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:04 pm

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image

E L E A N O R
L O V E
D U K E

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Life is funny,
But only
If you take the time to watch it.
"

Location: Hogsmeade Station Mood: Slightly excited Job: Groundskeeper & Care of Magical Creatures Teacher Love life: Single

(( 0ut.0f.Control - ... ))

Eleanor led the crowd of first years on the shore of the Dark Lake, where waited a bunch of little boats enough for maximum ten persons. She whistled to catch the students' attentions.
❝Okay! Almost there! So, here are boats, and you can get onto any of them, and the person sitting at the very front must hold the lantern.❞, she pointed to the small lantern handing on the 'nose' of the small boat, ❝Anyone who isn't very comfy with water should come with me.❞ she added with a friendly smile on her face and she stepped aside, waiting for the students to walk passed her in case someone got lost.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:11 pm

User Image
Ƀlake Ɇthelwine

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

"Probably not. They're probably enchanted." Blake explained to Aster. A feeling of excitement and anxiety filled his stomach as Eleanor called them up. He stood up and fixed his robes. Hopefully he wouldn't get wet along the way. Looking back at the girls, he motioned with his hand, "Let's go!" He said, the excitement clearly in his voice. Blake followed Eleanor to the Lake. He looked at the small boats and carefully go in. The front ment no tall people blocking the way so that's where he was trying to position himself. Taking a seat, he made himself comfy and held unto the lantern that was in front of him.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

tarantaellegra

Boku_ha_Ronnel

Shirtless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:59 am

User Image
Archades "Archie" Montague
Firstie - "....." House

Archades hesitantly stepped into one of the boats, half afraid that it might capsize when he did. The redhead felt even more alone than he had before - his trunk and Kestrel had been taken from him when he was standing at the station, and the other students had apparently not even noticed him. Now the boy was sitting in the boat alone, at a loss for what to do while waiting for the trip across the water to begin.
With nothing else to do the boy peered over the edge of the boat into the water, trying to figure out what it might hold. When nothing happened for a few moments, the inquisitive boy sighed and sat back into the boat and instead turned his gaze upwards.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:36 am

User Image

Rose shook as she looked out over the dark glassy lake. When Dante had described this place before it didn't seem so scary then. But now, with her own eyes it was a far different story. Quickly she moved next to Elanor,"M..Miss..I..." she looked back out at the water then back to the grounds keeper. "the lake scares me a little" she said trying to peek a smile when she did so. She was glad now that Dante wasn't with her. Although she knew he could never be disappointed in her, she still felt that she should be stronger. Especially in a situation like this. He wont always be there for her. Learning to take care of herself is very important.  

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:32 am

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

User Image

E L E A N O R
L O V E
D U K E

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

"Life is funny,
But only
If you take the time to watch it.
"

Location: Hogsmeade Station Mood: Slightly excited Job: Groundskeeper & Care of Magical Creatures Teacher Love life: Single

(( 0ut.0f.Control - ... ))

Eleanor peered down at Roselia with a friendly, soft smile flattering her lips. She placed one comforting hand on the girl's shoulder and pointed to the small boat in the middle of the military line.
❝No problem, hun.❞, she beamed happily as she straightened up and nodded to the boat once more, ❝Just go take a seat in that boat in front, I'll join you as soon as I'm over here.❞ she explained before walking away, pulling out her pencil and list.
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games