Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:49 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ѕιиgℓє
                                                          Looking Cute at Dueling Club with Jesse
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ It's fine it's fine it's fine ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

σиє ∂αу, ι'м gσииα fσяgєт у σ υ я и α м є ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          σиє ѕωєєт ∂αу, уσυ'яє gσииα ∂ я σ ω и ιи му ℓσѕт ραιи ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          f є α я ιѕ σиℓу ιи σ υ я м ι и ∂ ѕ ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт'ѕ т α к ι и g σ ν є я αℓℓ тнє т ι м є ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJojo went ramrod stiff when Tanya announced the partners for the first duels, paling considerably. Wait, no. Why? Why couldn't she just work with Jesse? Or Elliott? Or hell, even Ari, she didn't know the girl that well but at least she knew her at all! Instead she was being forced to partner up with someone whose name she didn't even recognize, what was she supposed to do?! The blonde inhaled sharply, trying to slow her breathing and calm down, but it wasn't bloody working!

spaceHer head turned sharply when the older boy approached and introduced himself. How had he known she was Persephone, anyway? No one called her that anymore. No one had ever really called her that, it had always been 'Seph,' though at least it was easy to recognize one from the other. But she didn't think anyone in Dueling Club had ever called her Seph, she'd always been Jojo, so how had he recognized her so easily? Old fears surfaced; did he know who she was? The story behind her name? The gossip and rumors and every other awful thing she didn't want anyone to talk about? Almost hysterically, she informed him, "Jojo! It... It's Jojo." Then she wanted to sink into the floor and vanish, because how insane did she sound right now? But it was important to differentiate, she reminded herself. Persephone Tempest was two people; the first was her grandfather's little doll, who thought she was better than non-purebloods and did whatever he asked, and the second was the terrified child he'd tied to a chair and tortured because she was 'broken.' She wasn't either of those girls; she was Jojo. Jojo wasn't a doll, she was a person, and she had her own thoughts and her own mind and friends and she was happy, dammit!

spaceThe Hufflepuff grit her teeth, fighting to banish the last of the panic. She could handle this, she could do this. She could talk to people, she could meet new people. She wasn't some stupid little coward! Jojo inhaled again, held the breath a moment, and exhaled slowly. "Sorry," she said, voice cracking a little; she'd still made herself look like a ******** idiot, after all. "Um, I can start. You have to, uh. Do the bow thing. So." She moved to the area he'd gestured to, swallowing, trying to think. What was the best way to start this, anyway? She chewed the inside of her cheek a little, thinking maybe he shouldn't have asked who should go first? It wasn't like that'd happen in a real duel, after all. But, whatever. Once she was in place, she bowed, and then, once he'd done the same, gestured with her wand, calling out, "Tarantallegra!"

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ уσυ ρ σ σ я , ѕ ω є є т , ι и и σ ¢ єи т тнιиg
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂ я у уσυя є у є ѕ , αи∂ т є ѕ т ι f у
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ уσυ киσω уσυ ℓ ι ν є тσ в я є α к м є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂σи'т ∂ є и у , ѕ ω є є т ѕα¢ я ι f ι ¢ є

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ṡïṉģlε
                                                          Looking Unruly at Dueling Club with Addie
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This. Is gonna be so awesome!!! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ṉεχτ τïṃε αɾøυṉḋ, τhïṉќ αвøυτ ώ h α τ ÿøυ ṡ α ÿ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вεƒøɾε ÿøυ ɾ υ ṉ ÿøυɾ ṃ ø υ τ h ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вεсαυṡε ÿøυ'ɾε α l l α l ø ṉ ε αṉḋ ÿøυ'ɾε ṉ ø τ h ï ṉ ģ ✫ ✫ ✫xxxxxx
                                                          ώïτhøυτ ÿ ø υ ɾ ƒ ɾ ï ε ṉ ḋ ṡ ṉ ø ώ ✫ ✫ ✫xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWhen Tanya announced who everyone was going to be partnered up with, Ivy had to question the maturity of doing something ridiculous, like hissing. Selina, seriously? But, it wasn't even half a second later that she was thanking her lucky stars, because seriously, it could've been worse; poor Addie was stuck with Devonte, of all people. At least Selina was only annoying because she was a snob and a know it all. Devonte was annoying because he was a snob and a stupid know it all. Plus he hung out with Hamilton, which, seriously. She'd trust someone with no friends over anyone who could even put up with that arsehat, let alone be friends with him. She gave Addie a sympathetic look before crossing to stand with Selina, thinking that, as long as the Ravenclaw didn't get all "I know more than you" on her, this could be a relatively painless experience. It wasn't like she didn't know the brunette was smart; she just didn't like the way she automatically assumed she knew better than everyone, case in point: the incident in the boats last year, where she'd put words in Joel's mouth and then challenged his knowledge. As long as she didn't do anything like that, they'd be fine. Ivy would admit she wasn't always the cleverest girl, so maybe she'd actually manage to learn something from Selina.

spaceThe redhead offered her classmate a small wave, trying to smile, but it came off as more of a smirk. "Hey! So, your family's magic, right? Any clue what we're supposed to do? The lack of instruction is sort of maddening," she said. Not that she was knocking Tanya, far from it, she just figured the older girl probably didn't have much experience, either. Didn't make it less frustrating, though. She noticed some of the older kids were bowing to one another before taking a stance, and arched a brow. "Oooh, wait, so this is old school? 'Respect the opponent' type thing? You gotta bow at the same height, right, if you don't go as low as the other person it's rude, like you're saying you're better than them." Ivy mimicked the older students, being very careful to get the stance right; years of martial arts training had ingrained certain aspects of proper etiquette between opponents into her system. She paused, waiting; it was also rude to not bow with your partner, so she figured she shouldn't come up until Selina had returned it. Then again, maybe wizard duels were different, she didn't know; it wasn't like her Mum could tell her any of it. Woman was utterly useless, she swore.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✫ ✫ ✫ ḋïḋ ÿøυ τhïṉќ τhατ ÿøυ hαḋ ṡ ø ṃ ε τ h ï ṉ ģ τø ρ ɾ ø ṿ ε ¿
                                                          xxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ώεll, ÿøυ ḋø, ÿεαh; ÿ ø υ ḋ ø ÿ ε α h
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ḋïḋ ÿøυ τhïṉќ τhατ ÿøυ hαḋ ṉ ø τ h ï ṉ ģ τø l ø ṡ ε ¿
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✫ ✫ ✫ ώεll, ÿ ø υ ḋ ø - ṡø ÿøυ τ h ï ṉ ќ ÿøυ'ɾε ώ α l ќ ï ṉ ģ h ø ṃ ε

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:58 pm
User Image

Addie narrowed her eyes at the boy's response to her question. She shook her head and rolled her eyes. "So the typical reasons then. You're here just to be a prat. Congratulations. You've accomplished that much. You can leave now." The brunette replied with a snap. If he wasn't going to be a gentleman there was no reason for her to treat him as such.

The Gryffindor felt a little guilty as the boy flew backwards. She could offer to at least show him the proper stance that she had been taught. But she snapped her mouth shut as he insulted her saying it was just luck. She dropped her guard as she impatiently waited for the prat to pull himself to his feet which left her wide open for the spell that sent her into a fit of laughter. She somehow choked on the laughter long enough to say the counter-spell. Then snapped at the boy, "You coward. And here I was going to go easy on you." She glared daggers at the blonde opponent across from her. Deciding to never let her guard down again she quickly found her stance and with a swish of her wand she pointed straight at the boy's wand and said with confidence, "Expelliarmus."

King Beardly

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:01 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo nodded as Tanya had told him that it was okay that he was late. He was at least glad he didn't for whatever reason get booted from the club for such a thing. He wouldn't have expected it, but he just wasn't sure the extent in which the girl disliked him. She seemed relatively apathetic at times, but then seemed to show dislike at other times. Either way, it really didn't matter because after the year was over, he most likely wouldn't have to talk to each other any longer...something that he was sure many people couldn't wait for.

When Tanya decided partners, he got Dave of all people. Yet another person whom Theo generally could not care any less about. He never said a word to the kid, or at least, nothing that he could remember. He had no idea how well the kid dueled...nor did he care about that either. He would go easy...just like he would if he dueled anyone there. No need to break a sweat on something that didn't really count after all. The relatively lax boy looked around for a few seconds, expecting the traditional bow...but it never came. So, he did it himself, shaking his head as he did it. The boy obviously lacked respect, but really, it didn't matter.

When the boy shot off his first spell, Theo smirked. "Going for the quick win," he whispered to himself. Looking straight at the other boy, waved his wand. "Protego." The spell hit against the barrier successfully, completely eradicating the threat of the spell. "Tarrantalegra." He said this rather calmly, waving his wand and watching what happened next.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 9:11 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Fifth Year Half-Blood Reserved Keeper Single

I wish I had covered all my tracks completely cause I'm so afraid
                                                  Is that the light at the far end of the tunnel or just the train?
                                                  Lift your arms only heaven knows, where the danger grows
                                                  And it's safe to say there's a bright light up ahead and help is on the way

--- ✦ I forget the last time I felt brave, I just recall insecurity ✦ ---

Jean made a slight smirk when he successfully retaliated the fourth year... Well, not that he was belittling him, he was just glad he was able to make a payback in a friendly duel. But honestly, he wasn't fond of doing offensive spells, he preferred defensive spells. But then, it's a duel and he should get used to it, otherwise he might be the worst Watcher ever. He glanced at the boy's narrowed eyes, he looked like he was trying to translate his every move or something. He might be wrong and exaggerating on that, well, Ravenclaws tend to be... thinkers, after all (if that was even a correct term).

His heart was almost in his throat (another exaggeration, thank you) when Elliot performed a familiar spell--- oh s*** it's a curse. It's one of the curses his dad allowed whenever there were mock duels in class, goodness sake. He quickly made a downward circular movement with his wand and exclaimed, "Protego Defixium!" The moment the curse was coming close to him, fortunately he reflected the curse. "S***'s so close, oh well," He muttered before wiping his sweat from the sleeve of his dark blue hoodie, he was considering using Magis Clausus but he supposed shield charms were much more reliable, he guessed. His face seemed to be translated as "this is nothing personal" when made an appropriate wand-stroke and called, "Flipendo!". Gosh, he hoped Elliot could just at least made another defense from that.

--- Cause it came down like a tidal wave, and sorrow swept over me ---

Depression, please cut to the chase and cut a long story short
                                                  Oh please be done. How much longer can this drama afford to run?
                                                  Fate looks sharp, severs all my ties and breaks whatever doesn't bend
                                                  But sadly then, all my heavy hopes just pull me back down again

User Image

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:37 pm
She takes the long way home.
Meets me in a field of stone.
She says "I don't know how I'm supposed to feel,
My body's cold and my guts are twisted steel."
And I feel like I'm some kind of Frankenstein-
Waiting for a shock to bring me back to life...
But I don't want to spend my time,
Waiting for lightning to strike.

User Image
D A V I D
" D A V E "
S H O I C H E T

GryffindorMugglebornSeventh Year

Dave was immaturely pleased that Theo seemed surprised by him not bowing, though he wasn't sure why. They'd shared a dorm for years. They were familiar enough with each other's personalities. Anyways, they should be fairly evenly matched, he figured, as Theo blocked his charm, and then rolled his eyes as the other boy cast a dancing hex. This was why magic made him so exasperated sometimes. 'Dance yourself to death', what was this, a folk tale? He realized too late he'd been too busy whining to himself to actually shield against the hex, so he dodged instead, soles of his sneakers scraping against the cobblestones as he struggled briefly to maintain his balance. Hey, whatever worked, right? He got himself firmly planted again, and fired off a curse. "Vox dementis!"

OOC:
RedEagleEye007

So underneath the concrete sky-
She puts her hand in mine.
She says "Life's a game we're meant to lose.
But stick by me and I will stick by you.
'Cause I'm like a princess in a castle high-
Waiting for a kiss to bring me back to life...
Waiting for just another guy."

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:08 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

'Well, at least I didn't get paired up with Devonte,' thought Selina with a bit of relief. While she and Ivy weren't necessarily on best of terms, they wouldn't be likely to start blowing each other away with hexes either. Even so, she wasn't exactly happy with Tanya's lack of tutelage thus far.

"Yes, my family's 'magic'," Selina confirmed for her partner, "but, Da was a Squib, Ma was an attourney with the Ministry, aunt and uncle raise dogs, and Mother Grey is a Herbologist and a Potioneer. Not much in the way of Duelists in the lot, I'm afraid. I came here to learn how to duel, and pick up a bit of extra DA knowledge; wasn't expecting to be paired up to have a go at each other. Although, I will say Miss Whitethorne is wise in pairing off on the basis of relative capability."

"I know the rituals for dueling go back a long way," Selina answered, even though her knowledge of such things was a bit vague. "Although I think the depth of bowing is more of a Japanese thing ...I think ... maybe ..." Selina returned Ivy's bow with a bit of grace, before taking up a sidewise stance, holding her wand up at shoulder height rather like a Muggle duelist would a pistol.

"You think maybe we should watch some of the others do this, before having a go at it?" she asked. "I'd really rather not muff this up."

Cara MiaKitty

OOC: Open to Interaction

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:37 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo did not dodge unfortunately, probably due to his lack of desire to fully go completely all out. He of course couldn't speak any longer, but his abilities stretched into non-verbal well enough. He couldn't get more extremely hard spells like 'confundo' off full power, but he could get a plethora of them off. He gave a smirk before he quickly waved his wand and shot off 'the Knockback Jinx' towards Dave. The boy had used a very good tactic to try to gain the upper hand...and of course, the boy was technically at an advantage, but with Theo, the advantage wasn't as monumentally large as the kid might think. Theo was sort of banking on him thinking he had won with that one spell. "Sugngspdsi," he whispered to himself, just wanting to hear the effects of the spell on him. It caused him to give a brief laugh, not even believing that...well, whatever that was, came from him.

(OOC: I had a great time trying to make up a babble word xD)
The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:18 pm

User Image
D A V I D
" D A V E "
S H O I C H E T

Dave stared in disbelief as Theo didn't try to block... or dodge... or do anything, and seemingly just let the curse hit him. Sure, Vox Dementis wasn't so bad in terms of curses, but still. This was a duel, you were supposed to at least try to not get hit, so unless he'd just been lost in thought or frozen up... He didn't expect the other boy to just give up, of course, so stood ready for whatever came next, which he assumed would probably be nonverbal. Dave wasn't half bad with nonverbal magic himself, maybe because he rebelled less against it for seeming so ridiculous... whatever the reason, he still had no idea what the next spell was going to be. Hm. Maybe he shouldn't have gone the babbling curse route. "Protego!" he called out suddenly, but it was a second too late, and the jinx had already hit him. He landed hard gritted his teeth, thankful he had landed on his arse and not anything else. But he'd been knocked flat before, even if it was in a fist fight down by the river, more fooling around than malicious, and as he got back up pretty fast, he snapped, "Petrificus totalus!"

OOC:
RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo watched patiently, of course, not being able to say a word at the moment. He knew that as soon as the kid spoke the first half of the spell, what was coming. He couldn't let it hit him either. If it hit him, the duel would be over faster than it started. So, finding himself dodging to the right rather gracefully, he used the landing as a platform to shoot off the next spell. 'Flipendo Incantato, he thought to himself, waving his wand and watching the spell shoot off, still liking the fact that his opponent didn't really know exactly what spell it was that Theo was shooting off at him. Hopefully it hit and the next time a spell was cast...well, Dave would be in for a surprise until he ended the spell's effects.

The Forgotten Weasley

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:12 pm
▶ ᴡɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ ᴢᴇᴘʜʏʀ ʀᴀᴅᴄʟɪғғᴇ
♛first year♛
User Image

When William went off to Hogwarts, he knew he wanted to be involved in two things. The first was Quidditch, which didn't happen due to his mother's reluctance to let his step-father buy him a broom, not to mention his refusal to fly the terrible school brooms. The second was the Dueling Club. Since the first didn't happen, the boy figured he'd try his hand at the second.

Before he even got to the club, William knew there was something standing in his way. The club only allowed second years and up to join, not first years. However, he wasn't about to let that happen. He needed something to do other than sit in his dorm all day and do homework. Homework wasn't interesting! Writing papers was boring. Reading was dreadful. He wanted to actually use his charms. More importantly, he had a large, pulsing competitive bone in his body that needed to be satisfied.

The boy walked up to the club in time to see two seventh years from his house engaged in a duel. William swore that some day he was going to be as good as they were. He just hoped it would be before his seventh year. Waiting just seemed so lame. He continued to watch, hoping that nobody would notice that he wasn't supposed to be there.

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

sᴏᴍᴇ ❝ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs❞ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛ - ᴏ - ʟ - ᴅ│sᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴜsᴛ ᴏʀ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏʟᴅ
ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ│ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴄᴇɴᴛᴜʀɪᴇs

User Image

Yukina101

OOC I DID THE THING.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:14 pm

User Image
D A V I D
" D A V E "
S H O I C H E T

Dave narrowed his eyes as Theo dodged, or more like jumped out of the way, it looked like to him. His house mate waved his wand, but Dave naturally didn't know what spell he was using, since he'd robbed him of his voice. "Protego!" he yelled, determined to block it regardless of what it was, and saw the impact the spell made on his shield, which he'd gotten up just in time. "Relashio!"The spell wasn't going to rip Theo's wand from his hand and put it in his own, but if it'd hit it'd at least force the other boy to drop his wand.

OOC:
RedEagleEye007

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:53 pm
    Theo Gibbs

Gryffindor Seventh Year

Theo watched as the kid shot a pretty nice protego, blocking his spell and handling it. And before he really knew what was happening the boy shot off another spell and it hit, his wand falling to the ground. Now Theo had to devise a plan to actually get his wand without being blasted. Of course, Dave could just let him do that, but he had no idea what he was going to do, because the boy could finish him then and there and claim victory, which might be something he wanted to do. The duel was actually fun for him. Dave provided a challenge he didn't usually receive. It was refreshing to say the least, being in a position where he could possibly lose. Looking at Dave, he was going to try something that was extremely hard. Nonverbal and wandless magic was hard...very hard...but maybe he could get a spell off that could at least distract the kid for enough time to get his wand. It didn't even have to be powerful either...nor was it going to be all powerful, or even powerful at all. He raised his hand, not opening his mouth of course, because he still couldn't speak. Obscuro. He said, hoping the blindfold would appear. That would give him perfectly enough time to retrieve his wand. But unfortunately it did not and he failed. So, Theo now waited in a sort of expectation for the inevitable...loss. He was tired anyway. Dueling was mentally taxing in general. And Theo put up a good fight.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:19 pm
User Image

Arianna bustled into the courtyard she was carrying a massive stack of papers. The fifth year was just a little flustered and nervous about taking over the Dueling Club. The last few years it had been the same group of girls in charge and suddenly they were all gone and graduated. Tanya had asked Ari to take over which of course she was beyond honored that she would even be considered. But now that it was truly time to lead the girl felt nervous. What if she totally sucked big time? Ari glanced at the time noticing she had plenty of time to prepare before anyone began arriving to the courtyard. Soon enough everything was set. The new captain wanted to set things up a little differently this year than last but she'd have to play it by ear to make sure it worked. The red head smiled at her work. She set up a row of practice dummys along the sides but that was mostly it. Now all she had to do was sit and wait for people to start showing up.  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:22 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Madam Montague
Matron Healer of Hogwarts School

It was rare to see the Matron Healer anywhere outside of the Hospital Wing. Madam Montague had never been one for idleness; she never made an effort to go on break or to stroll through the garden or indulge in a luncheon feast at the great hall with the rest of the staff. No, she kept to herself in her office where she ate her lunch every single afternoon, alone. But today would be different. As one of the sponsors of the club, she was tasked with setting up its first meeting and appointing a new captain. Since the clock tower courtyard was on a hill, she had to reach the third floor to take the exit towards the wooden bridge in order to reach the courtyard. The area was wide and long; the grass was the faded green from autumn and the dilapidated walls proved this to be one of the oldest parts of the castle. In the center was an antique fountain surrounded by statue eagles and tucked in the corner beside the entrance to the bridge was a tall pear tree, fattened by drooping limbs heavy with ripening fruit.

With a few precise flicks of her wand, Madam Montague had conjured a short row of practice dummies along one edge of the courtyard, then with the use of the 'Spectare Protectarum' spell, she cast a series of shielded dueling rings illuminated by a sheer blue dome allowing the students to enter and exit freely, but absorbed magic so as not to accidentally harm any other student (or the castle itself.) After a few more series of defensive enchantments to ensure the fountain and statues would remain safe, she concluded with two final summoning charms. One for a short stack of forms and another for a small wooden chest which contained an assortment of healing salves collected in labeled vials, jars, and bottles. Madam Montague arranged the sign-in sheets neatly on the stone bench wall encircling the fountain with a self-inking quill on top to keep the pages from flying in the wind. Next to the forms, she carefully placed her medicine chest on the fountain edge--though she hoped it wouldn't be necessary.

And now, it was just a matter of waiting. She had released a few announcements in the bulletin boards of all the common rooms, and she hoped that at least one of the few students she had in mind to take over the club would appear. She needed to appoint someone, after all. Clubs were a chance for students to gain social and leadership skills. She might be a bit biased when it came to narrowing down her list, but ultimately, it really all depended on who shows up to today's meeting. The moment she spotted a hopeful club member, she directed their attention to the sheets and said, "Please be sure to fill out a form and turn them in to me when you're done."

[size=12][url=(PROFILE LINK)] (CHARACTER'S NAME) [/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/size][/b]

[OOC: The Dueling Club is now open to Second Years and up!
Keep in mind the timeline is set around the second/third week of school,
So students have some knowledge of the spells they would learn in their current year.
When filling out the form, please place it in a
format (like the one above)
So that it can be easily transferred to the members list, thank you!
Also, while [b]First Years[/b] cannot participate, they are allowed to come and watch.[b]][/b][/size][/align]

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games