Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:12 am
I work at a wal-mart ( xp ) and the craft sections always gets me in trouble. The other day they pulled me from my department to straighten in clearance, and I saw those huge clear bins full of yarn. So I went back and got a bunch. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:54 am
Silver Mist
I work at a wal-mart ( :XP: ) and the craft sections always gets me in trouble. The other day they pulled me from my department to straighten in clearance, and I saw those huge clear bins full of yarn. So I went back and got a bunch. ^^
ahhh... the horrors of having a job where you buy things. sweatdrop

Luckily i won't have -that- problem, though i think knitpicks is going to know me very very soon. Or rather, the website is. mad D  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:39 pm
the walmart clearance bins are my friend. i got galaxy yarn for a buck a skein once. eek they often have good deals if youre not picky.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:30 pm
You want a dangerouse job? I used to work at JoAnns. Half my paycheck went back into the store!  

knitting_needle_ninja

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:34 pm
knitting_needle_ninja
You want a dangerouse job? I used to work at JoAnns. Half my paycheck went back into the store!
Now that does sound dangerous.

I just spent an hour on the floor in my lounge drafting a pattern for a skirt I want. My back is singing hate songs right now. (and my mum will too if I don't clean up the bits of paper off the floor soon)

After I clean my room (can't sew if I can't see my desk or find my scissors) I will sew some stuff together and show you all so you can all be impressed with my impressiveness.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:44 pm
I got my sister to buy me a pattern for these pants i've been wanting, since simplicity was on sale for $2 a pattern.

If they'd been on sale for $1 like they often are, i could've gotten her to get me two, saying that she'd spend the same on 1 pattern when it was on sale for $2. xp But i couldn't wait. mad D  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:37 pm
Horray!

I finally got a picture of that fabric I was so excited about. I posted it in the show and tell.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 pm
Omg... i just found a project thats been sitting in my closet for a while.. i need to work on it after i finish my fanime stuff. sweatdrop

That and my prom dress... which i need to figure out what i want, since i'm not big on dresses, but i am kinda big, which limits what i'll look good in.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:35 pm
kochi~mochi
Omg... i just found a project thats been sitting in my closet for a while.. i need to work on it after i finish my fanime stuff. sweatdrop

That and my prom dress... which i need to figure out what i want, since i'm not big on dresses, but i am kinda big, which limits what i'll look good in.
bullplop
I used to be thirty kilos heavier than I am now and I can tell you that I won't looked thin in anything I wore but that doesn't mean I couldn't look good.

if you are big like I was then I would say wide deep neck that goes in under the bust then goes down and out at the hips and floorlength or stops at the thickest part of your calf so you look as if you get smaller from there

Let me see a pic of you so I can impose my opionion on you.
Front and side shot.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:19 am
"so I can impose my opionion on you". lmao.

and in other news, I got transfered to the fabric and crafts department at work this weekend. xd permemant change due to boss conflicts.  

Silver Mist

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:56 am
kochi~mochi

Are you making it or buying it? Cuz if youre making it id suggest finding a pattern that breaks your front up into three sections, with darker colors on the outside, and a lighter color on the inside. Then everyone's attention is drawn to the skinny shape in the middle! 4laugh But I do agree with I be me, pictures would be most helpful  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:06 am
I be me
kochi~mochi

bullplop
I used to be thirty kilos heavier than I am now and I can tell you that I won't looked thin in anything I wore but that doesn't mean I couldn't look good.

if you are big like I was then I would say wide deep neck that goes in under the bust then goes down and out at the hips and floorlength or stops at the thickest part of your calf so you look as if you get smaller from there

Let me see a pic of you so I can impose my opionion on you.
Front and side shot.

I'll see if i can get pictures, my digi cam is down and i don't have like any recent pictures of myself.

*sigh* Last night i was in a bit of a down mood, looking at all the prom dresses on skinny little things. I felt -significantly- better when my friend pointed me towards a plus-size site, with all the modles in around a size 18jean (which is what i am).

gemi - it depends on if i can find a dress i like that i can afford. If we can't find something with a reasonable price (not that i've been told what that is yet.... i mean, i'll wear the same dress to both proms, and weddings and funerals and stuff...) then i'm making it, with the help of my mommy.

I like this dress alot, though i think it's -just a bit- out of reach price-wize.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silvander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 am
Discount yarn = wonderful. i stopped by walmart, and they had nothing i wanted. But I was in Value City for... well.. i can't remember, but I found chenille yarn for 1.50 a pop. I was in LOVE.

Kochi- I too am a big girl. And short gonk . I'll tell you something you may already know. We look good in empire waist lines, corseted styles, delicate fabrics (think drapey grecian goddess here), things that flare out from the hips, and natural waisted things (sits at or slightly above belly botton, not waist goes to the hips as is popular right now). Pencil skirts make your hips look bigger. If you're short like me, the skirt has to be floor length or just above the knee or you look ever shorter, and your legs look like chunky tree trunks. But you'd be amazed at what you never thought you could pull off but look fabulous in.

My favorite dress ever (which was so fabulous my mom wouldn't let me buy it cuz she'd never let me out of the door in it twisted ) was a bright cherry red halter top with a rouged front (three lines of rouging, front center and side centers), and a floaty knee length skirt. I suggest something of those kinds of proportions and you will look absolutely beautiful. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:12 am
Silvander
Discount yarn = wonderful. i stopped by walmart, and they had nothing i wanted. But I was in Value City for... well.. i can't remember, but I found chenille yarn for 1.50 a pop. I was in LOVE.

Kochi- I too am a big girl. And short gonk . I'll tell you something you may already know. We look good in empire waist lines, corseted styles, delicate fabrics (think drapey grecian goddess here), things that flare out from the hips, and natural waisted things (sits at or slightly above belly botton, not waist goes to the hips as is popular right now). Pencil skirts make your hips look bigger. If you're short like me, the skirt has to be floor length or just above the knee or you look ever shorter, and your legs look like chunky tree trunks. But you'd be amazed at what you never thought you could pull off but look fabulous in.

My favorite dress ever (which was so fabulous my mom wouldn't let me buy it cuz she'd never let me out of the door in it twisted ) was a bright cherry red halter top with a rouged front (three lines of rouging, front center and side centers), and a floaty knee length skirt. I suggest something of those kinds of proportions and you will look absolutely beautiful. 3nodding

i look -horrid- in empire waist lines. It might just be what i think, but... i hate the things, and think i look bad in them. My girlfriend is cute in them, me, not so much.

I'm not short -compared to the majority of girls here i'm kind of tall - 5'8ish. I'll see what i can do about pictures. sweatdrop  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silvander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:16 am
kochi~mochi

i look -horrid- in empire waist lines. It might just be what i think, but... i hate the things, and think i look bad in them. My girlfriend is cute in them, me, not so much.

I'm not short -compared to the majority of girls here i'm kind of tall - 5'8ish. I'll see what i can do about pictures. sweatdrop

Lol, ok. If you're going to buy a dress though, expect to shell it out. What I would consider a reasonable price for a prom-like ensemble (dress, shoes, and accessories) is about three hundred dollars. Which is a lot, but you will wear it more than once, and it's a special occaision.

You can probably cut that price down quite a bit if you're making it. Well.. depending on what and how much fabric you need xd  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff