Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:37 am
Dunno, I'm not a mod.

But It would simply not be nice to start changing stuff because someone might have an idea that you don't like...

Until Nelo says otherwise Tal'dras is just as canonical as Cale.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:01 am
Doesnt mean squat.
Cale's not a super race, just a very lucky human.

Anywho,
Explain to me why you need to make up a super race in order to play an effective character.  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:07 am
All they are are humans that live longer and have good Martial Arts. The Martial Arts part it Canonical via Crimson Empire, so you can't do anything about that. They also have a neurochemical reaction that can release something that reduces their emotional output. And they can't go completely into Xi, or stay in it for too long, because it would kill them (I forgot to mention that...apologies) or degrade their emotion centers to a very unpleasant degree. That's in LoP too. Tal dropped into Xi when he was fighting several times, but he would have to come out of it or risk neural damage. You can't just have Echani walking around in Xi all the time. That would be far too powerful you're right.

Apologies on the forgetfullness editor. I thougt I'd added this but I didn't.

whoops.

So they do have abilities, but a Trando regenerates, has natural armor, has enhanced natural senses, and is almost as strong as a wookie. They seem more overpowered to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:12 am
TRANDO DON"T REGENERATE.
Only when they're children. The Trando in the Galaxy you encounter cant regenerate limbs.
Trando are capable of these things due to their natural enemies and the nature of their homeplanet, a rather arid world.

I have yet to se what biological processes required that the Echani needed the state of Xi.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:24 am
Tell you what.
Get rid of the old Age stuff (With modern galactic medicine, many people can live to over a Century old), ignore the possibility of being in any way Rakata-spawn, tone down their Martial Arts capabilities (Master or not, theres no ******** damn way that you can know every Martial Art in existance), stop pissing on the Manalorians (Its obvious you know nothing about them), Cut down on their skill in the production of Blasters (Thats something a Melee oriented warrior culture would know little about) and show me what you have afterwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:37 am
One more thing you should be aware of.

Nelo has no say as to what makes the Guide.
The Guide is my baby.
Nelo has an Advisory role at best. But the descision as to what makes the cut is mine alone.
So the next time you tell me that Nelo says it's canon, its the last time.
I'll nix your idea once and for all, because I'm tired of you hiding behind Nelo.
You want me to be impressed?
Come back when over half the Mods support your idea.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:40 am
And whats further, do you realize I put echani in Legacy before you showed up again?
The Master of the Dancing Blade school of Echani swordsmanship was, herself, an Echani.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:09 pm
Oh no, I'm not worrying about Nelo and the guide. I'm worrying about Nelo and canonicity in Legacy. I'm just posting it to the guide so it's easier for people to find out about them.

And I had the Echani society in a long time ago. You added one in Legacy.

The Rakata-spawn idea was to combat a problem *you* came up with, and was not my first idea. It was just the first idea that I thought you would like the most.

And I'm not pissing on Mando'ade. I know something about them, I'm simply not an expert. Besides, the thing at the bottom is only a comparison analogy designed to fit with the "Outlaw" tone of the guide. I'll remove it entirely if it ruffles your feathers so much.

And you mistook the idea of the Martial Arts. They don't know every style in existence, far from it. They simply know most of the Echani styles, not every style in the galaxy.

And the better blaster, armor craftsmanship etc. is canon via KotOR. I'll get to the rewrite though. It shouldn't be long though.  

PaulTheWolf5575

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:10 pm
wait a tic, what problem?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:24 pm
Paul, the canonicy of LoP is not a credible source.

Mostly because the last part of CotGCW encounters problems with the galaxy.

I simply went for a time period with as little conflict as possible. All things in CotGCW, however, are purely fanon. Its in the disclaimer.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:27 pm
The problem was "How are they a sub-race?" that you came up with. I never wrote the Rakata-spawn into my article, I came up with it to combat your first problem against the article.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:28 pm
Bah.
Even the Neimodians are more of a Subrace than your Echani race.  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:31 pm
This is true, as they are a race of near-humans.

You wanted to know what the problem was and I told you...

So I'll start rewriting...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:34 pm
No you moron!!
The Neimodians are a subrace of Duros!!

They're not near humans!!  

Sol Walker
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:36 pm
I know that!

I'm saying the Neimodians are more of a subrace because the Echani are near-human, not a subrace entirely.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games