Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:24 pm
even if all that was true, you never even bothered to mention the people that were telling her she was wrong.
Have you ever heard me speak out against evolution? or paganism? I haven't. I haven't because that would be stupid of me since I can't prove either way what happened.

Paganism and other non-Christian religions/faiths are all valid modes of beliefs that do me no harm to coexist with. I have no problem with any other religions or faiths, unless they're pulling the holier than thou stunt. Even then, its not the religion I have a problem with, it's the idiot saying those things.

I'm trying to be tolerant when all I hear is "Christians suck!" "God doesn't exist!" it's as insulting to me when people say those things as anything that has been said against other religions is to those worshipers.

I believe you when you say that wasn't what you meant. Regardless, it is what you said. Most people would, when asked about a pentagram, say something about Satanism, that is correct. But not everyone, and that is where you have to set an example.

Don't fall into the same pitfalls of argument and insult that those other morons do simply because they pissed you off. Be more mature than that, and maybe they'll see that they're idiots. Not likely, mind you, but try.

Right now you;re exhibiting the bigotry you hate. I realize you have been pissed off, I realize that people have been idiots. I am truly sorry you've been hurt by idiots and morons who call themselves Christian and yet are not. Please don't take it out on the rest of us.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:23 pm
I actually went onto the FSTDT website and took a look at her post there, followed the link to her actual myspace page. In another one of her blogs, she writes:

"I recently ran accross a forum where someone had mentioned that changing the language of the KJV Bible was wrong. It is.

The KJV is the most accurate translation, even more accurate than the hebrew (satan's language) or greek because it came right from God in English. If you ever see a non English KJV, even though it's a Bible, it is evil and just as demonic as the katholic edition"

Hebrew is Satan's language? What?! I thought that the people Moses saved out of Egypt spoke Hebrew... didn't they? So how are THEY speaking Satan's language when they believed in God. I may be wrong, someone correct me if so, I don't know much about the Christian religion.

@ Boxman: I can understand your frustrations with Christian groups saying "Evolution sucks" and "God hates fags" but not all Christians are bad and as much as it can be hard to be tolerant, it's not fair on other Christians who mind their own business. In fact, a lot of Christians highly accept others to have their own beliefs and religion!

Although I realize that you do not intentionally mean any harm, the way you wrote it really wasn't tactful and so in a way, what makes you any different to the Christian crowd out there who says "God hates fags!" when you're just stereotyping what Christians are meant to be? There are plenty of tolerant Christians out there but maybe go out there and really take a look, because from another's point of view, including my own, tolerant Christians are not the minority.

@ Raven: It's just slightly obvious this girl hasn't bothered to research anything about the Wiccan religion. She has just shoved in anyone who isn't Christian under ONE BIG HEADING: "SATAN WORSHIPPERS!"... it's rude and ignorant and one of these days will come and bite her back in the butt. I quite agree with what you've said, it's just the bad ones who have made a reputation and slimed the idea of Christianity and so everyone just stereotyping the whole group as intolerant.  

Black Hale

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:38 pm
that's actually funny because KJV is the LEAST accurate of the translations. that's the version that someone was burned at the stake for because they left out the "not" in the commandment about adultery.... it hasn't gotten much better over the years.

her ignorance is compounded i that she obviously hasn't READ the Bible, or she would know that the Hebrews are referred to as the chosen children, far from being Satan's people. If Satan even had any people in particular, which I'm no sure he does, I'm sure it would prove to be lawmakers and bureaucrats..... wink

plus the Torah, which forms the first five books of the Christian Bible, the holy scripts of the Jews, and the important historical documents of the Muslims, was WRITTEN in Hebrew because English wasn't even a glimmer in whatever crazed drunken man invented it's eye yet. Not only that, Catholic is spelled with a C.

I personally have a revised language KJV, which corrected many of the errors of translation of the original, but retained all the thees and thous. I have an inordinate fondness for that style of prose.... also have a copy of the Qua'ran in English, which I have read. I have also read the Apocrypha of the Catholic mythos (which I assume is what the moron was referring to) and many other religion's major ad minor holy works. I have some Buddhist writings, some Hindu, a few Zoroastrian, and a couple others.

Maybe if she bothered to read, she'd know that what she so ignorantly spouts is pure dribble.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:12 am
Disclaimer:

Any and all DronzeRants I do are directed at the individual or organization in question, and are not meant to reflect the group as a whole.

Except fundamentalist christians... or any other fundamentalist group... all those zealots can choke on the holy symbol of their choosing.

Bigotry and hatred are, in any context, wrong.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:08 am
Amen and Blessed Be!
Thus Speaketh Dronze, Thus shall it be done.

smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:30 am
And, for anyone who wants it....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[URL=http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sealcr8.gif][img]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7176/sealcr8.gif[/img][/URL]

dronze
Vice Captain

Black Hale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Did you design it yourself?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:14 am
Man, I was gone for three days and Teh Boxman (who I thought be a rather cool guy) turned out to be totally an a**. Apperently since their is a few people on Gaia that dont know a thing about their "apperent" religion doesnt mean that all Christians are complete jackasses. Have I been shoving my beliefs down your throat? NO. Am I a Christian? YES. It disgusts me that you have to dig that low to entertain yourself. Some posts I agree with. I couldnt have hated the internet guy or the pyscho girl anymore. But that doesnt mean you have to rip on a religion as a whole. Did you know America has the highest population who believes in God? Maybe you should move to Iraq where you would get shot if you said any of this.  

Helies

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:00 pm
@walsmk2
see, there's ways of telling people off and ways of pissing people off. There's no need for you to suggest he go to Iraq and get shot. that's rude and rather un-Christian. plus, he'd only be punished if he were Muslim and said those things. Some sects might even agree with him, as I'm sure some people on this thread do.
America has a rather high population of people who believe in God, yes, but India has a higher percent who believe in many Gods.... the comment was irrelevant.
the Middle East actually has a lower percent of atheists than the US. Since Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the same God, any country there actually has a higher percentage of God-fearing people than the US, where freedom of religion allows our residents the freedom to not give a car either way.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:59 pm
I dont want anyone to get shot, I was just using Iraq as an example. If you dont follow the religion and rules, you get killed. He is lucky that he lives in America where he can say what he wants. And saying that Muslims believe in the same God as Christians is like saying that a cannon and a 9mil handgun fire the same rounds. Jews believe in the same God, but do not believe in Jesus which is one of the foundations of Christian belief. Do your research next time. The Middle East has a lower population because they can be prosecuted if they are.  

Helies

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:28 pm
walsmk2
And saying that Muslims believe in the same God as Christians is like saying that a cannon and a 9mil handgun fire the same rounds. Jews believe in the same God, but do not believe in Jesus which is one of the foundations of Christian belief. Do your research next time

I did my research. Have you read the Quaran? It repeatedly states that Allah is the God of Abraham, of Jesus, Moses, and other prominent Hebraic names. They acknowledge the virgin birth, too, though they believe Christians have been led astray into believing him to be the Messiah. If the God of Abraham is not the God of the Jews, and if He is not the God of the Christians, what have we been worshipping?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:38 pm
They may do the same thing (referring to my reference), but how they do it is completly different. They may worship the same, but have none of the same ceremonies. Telling a Christian that they are the same as Muslims is a joke, I cant believe you grouped them together.  

Helies

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:59 pm
They worship the same entity, but that does not mean the religions are the same. Do you think Islam is a joke? I don't.
There are many points of similarity, more so if you read their holy works than you would at first assume. The radicals are not the strict followers they would have the world believe. In many cases, the true believers of the faith detest the suicide terrorists, and yet are afraid to speak up. They are the non-vocal majority of the Muslim world, just as the non-vocal majority of the Christians do not smack down people like Pat Robertson when he claims to have prayed a hurricane away from the East Coast as if his prayers matter more to God than anyone else's.
Muslims and Christians, regardless of religion, are all people. PEOPLE act alike. People are similar. Religion really doesn't enter into it.
Are you offended when I say I know someone a lot like you? What if I said they are a good person, who cares about the people less fortunate than he, who respects his family, works hard, is loyal t his friends? does that offend you? What if I said he was Jewish? Muslim? what if their God was a Goddess? Their religion does not matter. They are a good person, regardless of who/what they worship.
They could worship the Almighty Goddess of Teapots for all I care.
Some Christians are the same as some Muslims. Some Jews are the same as some Wiccans. But, and this is important, NOT because of religion. They are people who are similar to other people.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:12 pm
I dont know why we are arguing, I think we both believe in the same thing, my first comment was aimed at Boxman. Im tired of making long posts about my religions and others.  

Helies

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:17 pm
true, but it can be handled a little nicer.. wink

truce?

Also, because this should have been done sooner, and I apologize to Dronze for not thinking of it sooner, anyone who wants to discuss comparative religions from a purely academic standpoint is invited to my World Religion 101 thread in the Chatterbox forum that I just started.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games