Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:00 pm

Cale Darksun
Plus it would be horribly out of date at this time.
Finding parts and equipment for it would prove to be a difficult task and I'm not certain she can even keep up with Legacy era fighters.

Hrm, how about this, then?

They find it all broken down in Skull Base, and attempt to rebuild it. It doesn't quite succeed, but Rusty manages to figure out it's schematics and such after jacking into it.

Then, a quest ensues, in addition to whatever community business Freya's on, to build a modern version of it.

Hrm ... you sure Link doesn't want any o' this stuff? ^^;;
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:08 pm

What Schematics?
You plan on reverse engineering a 132 year old fighter design?
The design, despite its obvious nod to jet fighter craft, is the brainchild of a Duros Genius (Who was eliminated when it was clear that the project wasnt going to pay off.)
The only people who know that fighter are Cale and Cambot. One's Dead. The other's now a historical advisor at the Corellian Space Museum and a guest lecturer at the Coronat Univeristy. And with such a cushy job, Cambot would be hardpressed to find a reason to clue you in to how the Phoenix worked.

As for Link.......
Why does everyone and their mother think that all jedi are fighter aces?
Link doesnt' know how to fly a fighter. He's not even that good of a pilot.
And theres no way a Jedi can afford to continually pay for repair and maintenance on an outdated High-performance StarFighter.
He barely has enough cash to pay for food.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:14 pm

Theres a reason why Cale kept the Phoenix in a storage shed for a good chunk of his career.
Until he became a Pirate King, he couldn't always afford to have it running right.
A Starfighter needs an hour of maintenance for every 30 minute flight.
Or something like that.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:25 pm

Is it possible to find a real bigass crystal on Ilium? Like the size of the crystals found on mygeeto as a power source?

I need something about the size of a man, preferably larger.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:27 pm

Nelowulf
Is it possible to find a real bigass crystal on Ilium? Like the size of the crystals found on mygeeto as a power source?

I need something about the size of a man, preferably larger.

It's certainly possible, though a volcanic world like Sullust would have a better chance of producing a huge crystal.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:30 pm

Yes, but Sullust is too obvious. Plus, It doesn't need to be gigantic, its only a focusing point of the power core. And besides, crystals from Sullust don't channel the power of the Force into a blast from Project Coldspear.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:34 pm

How big you need?
Like five grams?
ten?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:38 pm

See, I don't really know.

I'm not so in tune on how big the crystals used in the Death Star were, so I cannot really say.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:41 pm

well have you tried figuring out how big a lightsaber crystal is?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:44 pm

A lightsaber crystal is hand held. This crystal is man sized.

I need to begin excavating it if I am to succeed for episode II to have a superweapon.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:48 pm

No, I mean what you should do is take the average size of a lightsaber crystal, factor in that it takes three of them for a blade, then calculate how big a crystal it would take to create a beam that could blow up a planet.
Theres no telling what the range of a lightsaber beam is, since its a perpetually looping and cycling energy beam.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:56 pm

Its basically the Death Star's beam, but not designed to destroy a planet outright.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Shinn Matsunaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:01 pm

*shrug*
well, I tried.
Can't really help you though. I just recomended a method for determining the size of the rock based on what I thought was somewhat similar: a focusing crystal.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Its more of an excuse for Ferno to fight off Hiko than to find one, but the crystals of Ilium would probably be very powerful for being focusing crystals.

Mygeeto just happened to be convienient for Palps. I have no convienence for Ferno.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:04 pm

Do you need one?
Everyone knows that Illum exists.
Its just most Jedi have forgoten that they can get Crystals there.
Most prefer to make their own crystals.
However, Ferno's historical Studies are bound to uncover something of Illum and its Crystal wealth.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games