Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:11 pm

This has been bugging me for a while now.

Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is between Proton Torpedos and Concussion Missles?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Darkened Angel
This has been bugging me for a while now.

Can someone tell me what exactly the difference is between Proton Torpedos and Concussion Missles?

Wookieepedia

From Star Wars

The proton torpedo is a type of ordinance used throughout the galaxy. Small starfighters like the Rebel Alliance X-wing and Y-wing starfighters often have their laser weaponry complimented by ordnance launchers capable of firing proton torpedoes. The energized torpedoes carry a devastatingly powerful blast, and can be fired at much greater ranges than the standard laser cannon. During the Rebel attack run on the Death Star I, Alliance fighters had to use high-speed proton torpedoes on the thermal exhaust port that protected the Death Star's sole vulnerable point. Since the port was ray-shielded, standard laser weaponry would have been ineffective.

Wookieepedia
concussion missile is a short-range, wingless anti-vehicle missile generally deployed by vehicle mounted launchers. There are a wide range of concussion missiles, varying in speed, maneuverability, and destructive capability.

Weapons manufacturers generally produced both the launchers and the missiles, and sold them as units. In space combat, starships used concussion missiles for anti-starfighter defense, and ground forces used them against any fast moving vehicle. Starfighters such as the Rebel Alliance A-wing and the Imperial Missile Boat made extensive use of concussion missiles in dogfights.

Each missile is stored and launched from a pressurized canister designed to protect it during transport, storage and loading, which also acts as a launch tube. The canisters are racked in magazines that are loaded into a vehicle. the magazines are circular and the missile is launched out sideways before igniting and travelling its due course (only applies for ground-based launchers).

Each concussion missile features an armor-piercing tip that penetrates a target hull before igniting the missile's compact energy pack. The impact of the tip activates an atom smasher near the energy pack, resulting in an implosion of atoms. The exponentially rising energy and heat generated by the implosion will melt the target and result in an explosion.

Lando Calrissian used concussion missiles in the Battle of Endor. It was with this kind of missile that was fired at the main reactor of Death Star II. His wingman, Wedge Antilles used Proton Torpedoes in the run against the second Death Star.

FrozenPhoenix32

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:38 am

Nelowulf
Like... nobody's been here in over 6 hours....

What do people do on friday night?

For the first time in many months, I went to a Magic: the Crack Habit Gathering tournament. ^^;; I just got back not too long ago. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:32 am

Many things have happened in my absence. So anybody feel like telling me what has been going on. I feel lost. (in more than one way but that is another story)

By the way, sorry it took me so long to get back.

Flamer42

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:09 am

Flamer42
Many things have happened in my absence. So anybody feel like telling me what has been going on. I feel lost. (in more than one way but that is another story)

Let's see...the guild has expanded exponentially, we have way more regulars including Nospai Deathous, Angelic Celestia and more, CotGCW ended, you canr ead the recaps in the FAQ, and we have three new RPs, and we have a formal millitary ball going on.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:51 pm

Thanks, sorry I missed so much. sweatdrop

Flamer42

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:52 pm

No worries. Life moves on, and you couldn't stick to gaia for a while.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:56 pm

So, is Vin still alive for your second RP? I may want to throw him in as soon as I sort out the story that I missed.

Flamer42

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:12 pm

yeah, you can live
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:59 pm

Read the pages first about the knighthood and force usage.

They've updated.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Flamer42

Welcome back! ^^
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:03 pm

Yay, Flamer42's ... Uh... ... Er... ... Not dead! Woot!

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:05 pm

wonder where he's been.
maybe caught in the gaps of time between the Black holes in the Maw...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:28 pm

or maybe he was a test subject for Project Dark Void....

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:32 pm

perhaps. whatever that is...
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games