Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
The Forgotten Chamber! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:12 pm
*Summer laughed too.*

So what now? Is this going to become the "Secret-Bathroom" or something? Haha

[[Wand core info: I'm a phoenix feather.
Phoenix tail feather is a popular wand core due to its versatility and power. Its main strength lies in Defense Against the Dark Arts, although its adaptability can wrench it to hexes and jinxes if need be. As with the dragon heartstring core, the phoenix core is common amongst Light Wizards, but its users are not necessarily Light Wizards. This core may specifically impede Dark spells, so it is not common amongst Slytherins. However, it is by far the most common Gryffindor wand core, and is not unusual amongst Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs.
Dragon heartstring is a powerful wand with a lot of magical “heft”. It is not the core you want for subtlety, but for sheer power it is definitely the best. Although it is the most common core among Dark Wizards, Dark Wizards are most certainly not their most common users. Dragon heartstrings are by far the most common wand core amongst Slytherins, but their power often bonds to Gryffindors and Ravenclaws as well. However, they tend to overwhelm the archetypal Hufflepuff personality.
Unicorn hair is a more subtle wand, but it is quite compatible with Charms and Transfiguration. It is also hands-down the best core for healing, as it picks up some of the healing capabilities of unicorn blood. Unicorn hair has a reputation of picking gentler or more cerebral users, so it is common amongst Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. More laid-back Gryffindors and subtler Slytherins may find themselves with a Unicorn hair wand.

Haha, Kitty's fits, but mine and Sam's should be switched...]]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:31 am
Kitty nodded with mock seriousness, "I guess the Founders knew people would be spending a ton of time in the Forgotten Chamber, what with all those rare books and stuff it has, so they wanted to give its own special bathroom. Watch, there's going to be a cloak room behind one of those other mosaics." razz

[[Yay, my wand and core fit! blaugh ]]

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200

Est_monte_de_Dieu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:11 pm
[[Mine fits too. I'm confused!!!! Can someone summarize what's happened for me???]]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:47 pm
((ooc this is my wand Alder, 12 and 1/4 inches, somewhat fragile. The heartstring of a dragon, however, makes it a powerful wand. acording to the wand shop))
((summer would you mind telling me what it means))

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:41 am
[[Not at all James!
Alder – Alder is extremely rare, as many wandmakers will refuse to take wood from an alder. The ‘bleeding’, turning from white to red, is considered to be inauspicious. The few wands made of alder are often those with strongly opposing cores (such as doxy wings and phoenix feather), as the wood imposes balance.
Dragon heartstring is a powerful wand with a lot of magical “heft”. It is not the core you want for subtlety, but for sheer power it is definitely the best. Although it is the most common core among Dark Wizards, Dark Wizards are most certainly not their most common users. Dragon heartstrings are by far the most common wand core amongst Slytherins, but their power often bonds to Gryffindors and Ravenclaws as well. However, they tend to overwhelm the archetypal Hufflepuff personality.]]

[[[Basically, Katie, we went through a mosaic on the wall of a section of the forgotten chamber, climbed many stairs and ended up in a bathroom. haha]]]

I think you are right Kitty, about the founders and the bathroom, but maybe there is something more up here...I mean, why so many stairs if it was just a bathroom?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:41 am
"whoo my wand fits me perfectly its rare powerful and balanced "
((ooc what does the length and the stable ness of it mean
like what does it mean when its 11inches and fagilie? do you know i dont but would like to))

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:50 pm
"Maybe there's another Chamber of Secrets?" joked Kitty.

[[I know the length correlates with the wizard's height. For example, Umbridge was really short and had an unusually short wand and Voldy was tall and his wand was 13 inches.]]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:05 pm
[[Yup, what Kitty said, and as for the delicateness of your wand, that means tat because it is fragile, you have to be extremely stable with your spells and can't experiment too much because if a spell is too strong, it could overpower and break your wand. You have to be really skilled and steady-focused when doing any spell.]]

Maybe though...or maybe a secret treasure vault, or it leads to another room?

Summer_Breeze1507

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 pm
((ooc good thing the spells i cast are ones i know and i dont really make too many of my own spells
(some of the spells i have used in the past i found in really old books)))
hmm so me being 6 foot 3 weighing 175 lbs of muscle has something to do with my wand height interesting how do the wand makers know that my height will be relative to my wand??)
((in real life i know lots of martial arts and have been working on my strength of mind body and soul for about 8 years))

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am
Kitty walked slowly around the room, looking for some kind of clue.

[[Well, I don't know how wand makers decide how long each wand should be, but the wand 'knows' you, remember? 'The wand chooses the wizard.']]

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200

Summer_Breeze1507

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:34 pm
*Summer went to the back wall and began walkin around the borders of the room, running her hands over every stone she came in contact with, every brick, every piece of a mosaic. At one point, a piece of blue mosaic pushed inwards, tricking her into believing she had found something, but in the end, the piece had only been loose.*

Hmm...maybe it has something to do with a stall? Like a toilet, or a sink...or maybe a mirror!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:08 pm
::Walks into the Forgotten Chamber and looks around. Walks over to the book shelves looking for a book that will help me on my necklace. Once spotting a few takes them down to the Garden and sits by the pond and begins to read.::  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:29 am
"hello kamilia what are you up to"
((im supposed to be guarding the entrance to the secret stairs leading to the girls bathroom but thats really boring since no one has come in here to do any thing))

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:18 pm
::Looks up at James.:: "Oh hi! I'm not really doing anything just looking up a theory for a potion i'm wanting to try! I'm hoping one of the books here will be able to help me! How about you! What are you up too?"  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

techpriest35
Crew

Dangerous Mage

13,790 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:07 am
"im waiting for summer and katie and the others to get back from exploring the girls bathroom they went through this secret passage other than that im kind of bored i should go get a book or something so i dont look conspicuous"  
Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 32 33 34 35 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff