Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:10 pm
User Image
                                                                There was nothing in sight
                                                                But memories left abandoned
                                                                There was nowhere to hide
                                                                The ashes fell like snow
                                                                And the ground caved in
                                                                Between where we were standing
                                                                And your voice was all I heard
                                                                That I get what I deserve

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Dueling Club
                                                                Who am I with? Club members, Elliott
                                                                What am I doing? Meeting
                                                                What am I thinking? Ugh, you know, if I had the draw on him, I might have been able to stop my father...
                                                                Who's Important to me? Elliott Holt
                                                                What am I wearing? Dueling Club Outfit

Jesse walked into the meeting area, not looking at anyone but blinking when he saw the head nurse. Well, that was new. However, he just walked forward and, when instructed, filled out a form. He turned it in, and then went to stand off to the side, certain that Elliott would be right behind. He was just so tired of being a victim that he'd finally had it. Had he had the faster draw, his father wouldn't have ******** him. Had he had any sort of experience in defending himself, Paul wouldn't have taken advantage of him. These thoughts whirred through his mind and he tamped down on them hard. It wasn't going to do him any favors by thinking about the ifs in his life. Besides, he wanted to be a cursebreaker. If nothing else, he had to know how to get the drop on something if he ran across something dangerous. Or if Hamilton decided to try and murder him. That was a comforting thought. He was preparing for the idea that his brother hated him so much that murder was an option. He sighed, declining to even wonder how this was his life. It always had been, he just remembered it all now.

Quote:
                                                                Jesse Calvert of House Slytherin

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24454113] Jesse Calvert [/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=GREEN] Slytherin [/color][/size][/b]

OOC:

In every loss in every lie
                                                                In every truth that you'd deny
                                                                And each regret and each goodbye
                                                                Was a mistake too great to hide
                                                                And your voice was all I heard
                                                                That I get what I deserve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:19 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

It was a sandstorm tearing through his mind; jagged flecks of thoughts and emotions so hot and blinding. He couldn't focus. Quidditch practices had always seemed to help, it gave his mind something to focus on, something bigger than himself and his problems. It was like the pack he always wanted but even then; it really wasn't the same. How much did he really know about his teammates? Besides their name and year? Nothing. That's not a pack—that's—that's nothing.

Sybil had been avoiding him too, it felt like. Maybe that was his fault. He didn't exactly seek her out during any of the past week's lessons'. He was too wrapped up in himself. It was as if pretending Sybil and Lori didn't exist would somehow make his feelings for them go away but that was a lie and he knew it. Didn't stop him from trying though. But Tristan was just so tired of carrying the weight in his chest; he needed something to relieve this stress. When he heard that the dueling club would be opening again this year, he couldn't resist the temptation (or the taste of competition.) He was proud and arrogant; always ready to prove himself. Somehow, he felt like this would be just the place for that.

He was a bit confused seeing one of the healers at the club meeting, had it always been a healer? He'd never attended one before, hadn't really seen much of a point when he could barely levitate a feather without it exploding in his face. Tristan followed in line behind another serpent, and a prefect too, if he recalled correctly. Not like the bloke was wearing his uniform with the badge pinned on it anyway, so who knows? It is funny how different some people look when they're not in house robes, he never realized how much of an impression fashion styles had at first glance when they're taken away altogether. That made him wonder if he looked funny now to other people too. He felt a bit taller, but only because the jumper and trousers he was wearing now had once been loose and long on him, but they fit almost snug now. He didn't think about it though, and filled out his name and house on a small slip of paper and turned it in before he decided to wander off and lean against a column in the courtyard with his arms crossed over his chest. It wasn't even that cold yet, but he wouldn't go anywhere without long sleeves, not with the hideous scars hiding underneath.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: clock tower courtyard】 【COMPANY:: club members】 【ATTIRE:: jumper and jeans】 【STATS:: 5'4", 140lbs
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Quote:

Tristan Hastings of House Slytherin

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24688361]Tristan Hastings[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=green]Slytherin[/color][/size][/b]

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:30 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

"So why are you all dressed up? I thought you were going to club, not a date with Layton," asked Fianna, as she and Selina walked out toward the courtyard where the Dueling Club was getting set for the first meeting of the term. "Wizard Duels are an art which has been practiced for centuries, Fianna. One should show the art and one's opponents a modicum of respect by presenting a measure of dignity for the proceedings," Selina explained.

The slim, willowy Fifth Year Ravenclaw arrived at the courtyard where the meetings took place, dressed with almost 'Slytherinesque' class. A long black skirt, paired with a loose, long-sleeved gray blouse, with a waist-length black cardigan, and a pair of black ankle-length boots with three-inch heels. Her hair was pulled straight back over her shoulders, while her wand rested in a sheath strapped to her left forearm, concealed under her blouse and sweater.

"They probably won't let you join, but they won't mind if you watch," added Selina to her young cousin. "Besides, its a good way to practice one's DADA spellwork, and Wandless practice as well. The day may come when you might need to defend yourself, or Hannah, so its not a bad way to pick up a few pointers from the older students." She also rather hoped her old dueling partner, Ivy, would show up today.

"I still say you look like you're going on a date, but whatever," pressed Fianna, knowing the dig would get under her cousin's sense of dignity.

When they arrived, Selina noted a fellow prefect was already there, as well as another old club member, and she offered them both a polite nod, before going over to see the Matron, whom was administering the club it seemed. Selina figured it was likely a wise precaution, given the probability of spells and hexes going awry, and she seemed to recall in previous years one of the older Gryffindor girls would be present, not to duel, but to render aid if it were needed. Also, considering the nascent animosities which were likely present among some students, having a member of the faculty running the club would be insurance against anyone acting out some bit of schoolyard revenge.

"Hello, Matron," Selina said, bowing her head slightly in respect, before taking a form and filling it out. "I hope you won't mind if my cousin were to stay and watch. Do you think we'll get a good turnout this year?."

Selina Grey of House Ravenclaw

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:54 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                    ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

Kiley walked down to the Clocktower Courtyard on the request of her sister. Well, request or demand, depending on which sister you asked. Regardless, Ki imagined she would like this club, Dueling Club. She was excelling in her Charms and Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, and enjoyed learning new spells. The extra practice would be good for her. The only thing she could think of that might be problematic would be the actually duels. They were still students, no matter how good they thought they were. Mistakes would be made, hospital visits would occur. Thankfully, the head nurse was running the club for now, so if anyone was hurt, they would have someone there to help them in a pinch.

Upon entering the courtyard, Kiley approached the nurse, giving her a gentle smile. "Hello," she said in greeting, her voice small and quiet. Taking a form, Ki filled it out fully and handed it back to the lady. Then, she took a look around the courtyard to see her fellow club members. There were two older boys from either Slytherin or Ravenclaw, she couldn't remember, as well as Selina, the Prefect from her house. It looked like Selina's younger sister had joined her to watch as well. As of now, they were all much older than her, and probably more experienced. Hopefully, she wouldn't be dueling with them. She wasn't that confident in her spellwork. Maybe another second year, or even a third year, would join the club as well. She would feel a bit better dueling someone closer to her level of knowledge.

Kiley Umber of Ravenclaw
                                                    [size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24828107] Kiley Umber [/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12][color=darkblue]Ravenclaw[/color][/size][/b]

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍ ╍
                                                    𝕊𝔼ℂ𝕆ℕ𝔻 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ ℝ𝔸𝕍𝔼ℕℂ𝕃𝔸𝕎 xx

This is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world.
                                                    And while she looked so sad in photographs, I absolutely love her when she smiles.
                                                    Now how many days in a year, she woke up with hope but she only found tears?
                                                    And I can be so insincere. Making her promises, never for real.
                                                    As long as she stands there waiting, wearing the holes in the soles of her shoes.
                                                    Now how many days disappear, when you look in the mirror, so how do you choose?

╍ ╍ ╍ ╍

{ooc: open for interaction}

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 pm
When the feeble of the spine crumble underneath the grind...
When the blessings of the meek lead to lessons of the blind...
When Heaven shows its teeth and the planets are aligned...
You don't want to have an escalation of the maimed sort.
And you don't want to feel the flame that burns pride.
Now you know the reason why those sleeping dogs lie.
And underneath most money and most power is the tip-
Of something very dangerous strengthening its grip.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

fourth yearmuggleborngryffindor beater

Aster slunk out into the courtyard where Dueling Club met with the vaguely hopeful, expression of a teenage hoping there was a fight to be had. She hadn't seen much point in joining the club her second or third year, figuring she'd make a fool out of herself more than anything else, and it would probably be much worse than embarrassing herself in Quidditch. Aster had never lost a fight, had built up a solid 'don't mess with me' reputation in muggle primary school via her total lack of regard for the presence of adults when plowing a scrawny fist into someone's gut and trying to get a skinny arm around their neck, and she hadn't been about to sacrifice all of that. But come on. She couldn't be the worst duelist here, right? She'd probably be paired up with someone roughly her own age. She folded her arms over her jumper, frowning. There was no student present acting as captain, just one of the nurses- the red haired one with cheekbones that could cut glass. She looked vaguely like one of the woman from Aster's mum's spin class. Probably had a name like Evelyn. She snatched up a form and beat a hasty retreat, fishing a pen out to scrawl the necessary information before turning it back in. Some seventh year was there, and Tristan, and that Ravenclaw Selina with her little... cousin? sister? whoever, the little fist year in Gryffindor with Aster. Name began with F. Fiona? Something like that.

Quote:
Asteria Frey of House Gryffindor

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24653657] Asteria Frey[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=FIREBRICK] Gryffindor [/color][/size][/b]

OOC:
Username

And I don't have to tell you that you're turning pale with albinism.
I am no one's keeper, but I keep my own morals.
And isn't everything we do just a matter of decision?
So if life is just a prison, then I'm breaking out this minute.
Cowards will always step aside as the criminal mind takes hold.
They'll tell you; "Welcome to the jungle, where deception is the code."
But brother will fight brother as their avarice corrodes.
Let the flies swarm, let the noble die strong.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:22 pm
We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves...
But I'll believe in anything,
And you'll believe in anything.
If I could take the fire out from the water-
I'd share a life and you'd share a life.
I'd take you where nobody knows you,
And nobody gives a damn.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ˢᶤˣᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵛᶤᶜᵉ ᶜᵃᵖᵗᵃᶤᶰ ᵃᶰᵈ ˢᵉᵉᵏᵉʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʰᵉᶤʳ

Logically, the chances of being involved in a proper duel, Vander knew, for him specifically, were basically null. He had no intentions of ever becoming a duelist, and people didn't challenge one another to duels anymore, they just killed each other right off the bat instead of dragging it out. But plenty of the principles of dueling were still useful in combat, or self defense, or whatever you wanted to call it when someone was trying very hard to kill you with magic. And with two siblings off their rockers, Vander though knowing how not to die might be helpful. He'd always had a talent for hexes and curses (and charms, not that he'd ever admit it out loud) anyways. He silently took a form from the nurse and resisted the urge to just walk right out as he saw his cousin sidle into the courtyard as if she were a ballerina. There were too many people in this school sharing his surname. That much was obvious. He couldn't get away from any of them.

Quote:
Evander Lillantine of House Slytherin

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24514841] Evander Lillantine[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=GREEN]Slytherin[/color][/size][/b]

OOC:
Username

And I could take another hit for you-
And I could take away your trips from you!
And I could take away the salt from your eyes-
And take away the spitting salt in you!
And I could give you my apologies...
By handing over my neologies...
And I could take away the shaking knees.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:46 pm
I don’t know what I ever wanted...
You got a front, well, you better flaunt it.
Ate a piece of the devil’s body-
The face of the devil follows me.
Every day it feels like I’m running;
And I’m headed straight for the blaze!
And I can breathe when I’m underwater!
And I’m ready with a finger on the trigger!

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFifth YearPurebloodAdoptedPrefect

Vio didn't know why Vander was glaring at her as if she had no right to be here- as far as she was aware, this was his first time attending a Dueling Club meeting as well. She ignored the looks he was throwing her way, took a form from Madam Montague, and swiftly filled it out. The only one here from her year she was was Selina, which was slightly disheartening, as Selina wasn't exactly the most.... well. She should probably think better of the Ravenclaw, as annoying as she could be. She was probably one of the only people Anti considered a friend, and Merlin knew her cousin needed friends. She handed the form back in, and settled for people watching. Old habits died hard.

Quote:
Violante Lillantine of House Slytherin

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24579707]Violante Lillantine[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=GREEN] Slytherin [/color][/size][/b]

OOC:
Username

Who’s that girl, who’s that girl?
She’s only special in secret...
And she’s got her own familiar spirits.
Something inside of her rises and she knows;
Destruction makes the world burn brighter.
When the wind takes 'em all, away from here-
When the sorrow is all gone, buried in the snow-
When the wolves howl their song, and the whole earth is done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ƭнιя∂ Ƴєαя Ɠяуƒƒιη∂σя Ƈнαѕєя

Gid had heard about dueling club through his friends, and he decided he'd give it a try. He walked to the Clocktower Courtyard, taking a bit of extra time to get there. It wasn't too long a walk, but he had to climb stairs. Once he entered the room, he leaned against a wall so he could rest for a few seconds. After catching his breath, he went to get paperwork and scribbled his name and house. Hm. It seemed interesting. Hopefully Jazzy and Rhys would walk in soon. For now, the brunette leaned back against the wall, watching all the others around.

Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ωнαт'ѕ ιηѕι∂є ιт
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ, ǀ'ℓℓ ƒιgнт ιт
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη, ηєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ, ɴᴏ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ ɪᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴜɴɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇᴅ Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιη,
Ɲєνєя gσηηα gινє ιт υρ
, ɴᴏ.

Ƴσυ cαη'т тαкє мє, ǀ'м ƒяєє

Gideon Reid of House Gryffindor
[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=24719437#372541755]Gideon Reid[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=firebrick]Gryffindor[/color][/size][/b]

{OoC}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:13 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
Madam Montague
Matron Healer of Hogwarts School

The ghost of a smile flickered on her lips; sparked and snuffed to smoke with one single breath like the flame of a candle. At least a few promising students on her shortlist for captain had arrived, and she eyed each one tentatively as they filled out their forms. One by one, students began to gather, they stood idle in the courtyard once filling out their forms. Most were silent. They barely looked her in the eye when turning in their slip of parchment. Others were a bit more friendly, and she paid them each a kind smile that had been perfected over the years. ”Good day, Miss Grey,” she said to the young Ravenclaw, but not without narrowing her eyes down her nose to stare down the young Gryffindor bouncing in tow. ”Of course she may,” though Madam Montague certainly hoped the first year wouldn't become a distraction to the other students. ”Oooh,” she mused at the question with her nose pointed in the air, ”Who can say for certain? Well... There is only one way to find out.” She concluded, and ushered the young girls to move along so that others could hand in their sign-in sheets.

When a shy young brunette approached with a soft greeting, Madam Montague acknowledged her with a sharp nod and a pointed, ”How do you do.” It seemed like more of a statement than a question; mostly because it was. The rest of the students that followed neither greeted nor acknowledged her, and she had been keen to do the same as she filed away the name and houses of each student; it was prudent for the school to keep records of every student and their extra-curricular activities.

Madam Montague cleared her throat to gather the students' attention as she said, ”Welcome students' to Hogwarts Club of Dueling, I'm one of your healers, Madam Montague, and before we officially begin today's meeting, I'd like each of you to line up with a target dummy for a bit of practice while we wait for any more newcomers to arrive. Hurry along now,” she waved each of them with her wand in hand before taking her place in front of her own dummy.

”We're going to begin with a few exercises now, each of you should already be familiar with the knockback jinx; flipendo,” she said, then cast the spell in a slow demonstration for all to see as a blast of magic knocked the dummy over to the ground before it bounced back into position. ”The full body-bind curse is another useful spell for dueling, now watch my wand and listen carefully to the incantation: petrificus totalus, she cast, and again, the dummy fell backwards hitting the grass, but the enchantment she had cast earlier had propelled the dummy back to its feet. ”Certain spells, as you'll soon notice, won't exactly have an effect on the dummy, such as the disarming spell. But, it's still worth practicing to get strength and precision under way. Be sure to guide your wand in a tight curl as you recite the incantation, like so: expelliarmus.” A red bolt of magic struck the dummy square in the chest, it rocked back and forth on its stand before settling into place.

Madam Montague continued her introductory lesson, touching up on the basics of each spell, their use and history in dueling before then moving on to explain another series of spells: the dancing hex, babbling curse, and tickling charm. Once she was done, a cool gaze washed over the students. ”Now I know these spells may be a bit.. basic.. for you upperclassmen, and you're more than welcome to practice your targeting with spells more suited to your year level. Before you begin practicing, let me be clear. You are not to use any spells that can be considered dangerous or fatal, which includes but is not limited to: the severing charm, reductor curse, the defodio or deprimo spell, or any of the fire-making spells... If you're not sure whether or not you can use a certain spell, use common sense—would you want that spell cast on you? If the answer is no, then rest assured, you should not use that spell. You may begin practicing now while we wait to see if others will be joining us.” Madam Montague moved to the sidelines to watch the students, and decided she would begin her hunt for a new club leader now while the students were all busy practicing.

[size=12][url=(PROFILE LINK)] (CHARACTER'S NAME) [/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/size][/b]

[OOC: The Dueling Club is now open to Second Years and up!
Keep in mind the timeline is set around the second/third week of school,
So students have some knowledge of the spells they would learn in their current year.
When filling out the form, please place it in a
format (like the one above)
So that it can be easily transferred to the members list, thank you!
Also, while [b]First Years[/b] cannot participate, they are allowed to come and watch.[b]][/b][/size][/align]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm
User Image
                                                  I woke up, it was 7
                                                  I waited 'til 11
                                                  Just to figure out that no one would call.
                                                  I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them
                                                  What's another night all alone?
                                                  When you're spending everyday on your own.

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys entered the room, blinking as he saw numerous people at the club already. He spotted Gid, and frowned as he approached the head nurse, grabbing a sheet to fill out before he went to stand with his friend. He listened as the woman introduced herself, and his brows furrowed as he studied the dummies that had been set out. Apparently they were supposed to practice duelling with them? He blinked, then looked from the other students to the nurse then back. Target practice made sense, though he didn't figure on using the spells she had listed off as being forbidden. Besides, he should work on his aim. Books only went so far when casting magic. He lined up with a dummy, thinking that he might as well give it a try and go ahead and see if he could be decent at it. He glanced over to Gid, wondering what his friend thought about the idea, but quickly focused on what he was supposed to be doing. He pointed his wand, casting flippendo at the target and watching the target get knocked around. The dummy righted itself before he blinked back to Gid and then looked back to the dummy, deciding to interchange both flippendo and petrificus totalus to at least get those two spells right.

Rhys
                                                  Rhys Hamilton-Blake of House Ravenclaw
                                                  [size=12][size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24727827] Rhys Hamilton-Blake[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=DARKBLUE] Ravenclaw [/color][/size][/b]

════════════════════════

Location: Clock Tower Courtyard
                                                  Thinking: This doesn't seem too difficult, though that might be because I'm not against an actual opponent yet...
                                                  OOC:

And maybe when the night is dead,
                                                  I'll crawl into my bed
                                                  I'm staring at these 4 walls again.
                                                  I'll try to think about the last time
                                                  I had a good time
                                                  Everyone's got somewhere to go
                                                  And they're gonna leave me here on my own.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:35 am
When the feeble of the spine crumble underneath the grind...
When the blessings of the meek lead to lessons of the blind...
When Heaven shows its teeth and the planets are aligned...
You don't want to have an escalation of the maimed sort.
And you don't want to feel the flame that burns pride.
Now you know the reason why those sleeping dogs lie.
And underneath most money and most power is the tip-
Of something very dangerous strengthening its grip.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

fourth yearmuggleborngryffindor beater

Aster groaned under her breath. They were just aiming at targets? Borrrrrring. She wanted to actually duel someone, not a bloody dummy! And no fire spells? It wasn't like the dummy would mind. Still, she didn't want to get kicked out, so she reluctantly faced a dummy, raising her wand. "Waddiwasi," she cast petulantly, and watched in petty satisfaction as the dummy was pelted with small rocks and pebbles. "Tarantallegra," she cast next, unable to keep the boredom out of her voice. It wasn't as if anyone was listening, anyways.

Quote:
Asteria Frey of House Gryffindor

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24653657] Asteria Frey[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House[color=FIREBRICK] Gryffindor [/color][/size][/b]

OOC:
Username

And I don't have to tell you that you're turning pale with albinism.
I am no one's keeper, but I keep my own morals.
And isn't everything we do just a matter of decision?
So if life is just a prison, then I'm breaking out this minute.
Cowards will always step aside as the criminal mind takes hold.
They'll tell you; "Welcome to the jungle, where deception is the code."
But brother will fight brother as their avarice corrodes.
Let the flies swarm, let the noble die strong.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:17 am
User Image
                                                    This is a black, black ski mask song
                                                    So put all of your anger on
                                                    In the truly gruesome do we trust
                                                    I will always land on you like a sucker punch

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ || Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Leon entered and just stood off to the side. Hey, it wasn't like he was bothering anyone here. Besides, he figured that he needed to do something. Where the heck he was getting all of this nervous energy was beyond him. He just leaned up against a wall and decided to watch for now, not even sure what the heck he was supposed to be doing. Was there a form he was supposed to fill out? Was he supposed to start shooting spells at the dummies? Honestly he thought that shooting spells off at the dummy was a stupid thing, since he could figure that he could just walk up to the ruddy thing and deck it. Magic types might think it crude, but hey, if it worked. If nothing else, it didn't look like Caty or Aimee or that idiot Yuko was here, so he might actually get some peace. That'd be nice. He could just relax and not be bothered by everyone that continuously insisted on crowding his personal space. That was actually a novelty, and he wondered if he could somehow manage this every day.

════════════════════════

Location: Clock Tower Courtyard
                                                    Thinking: Na, if only this worked every day...
                                                    OOC:

I’m just a problem that doesn’t want to be solved
                                                    So could you please hold your applause
                                                    Take this sideshow and all its freaks
                                                    And turn it into the silver screen dream

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:12 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Courtyard
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConflicted
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ï'ṃ h α ṿ ï ṉ ģ τ ɾ ø υ в l ε τɾÿïṉ' τø ṡlεερ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ï'ṃ с ø υ ṉ τ ï ṉ ģ ṡ h ε ε ρ вυτ ɾυṉṉïṉ' øυτ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αṡ τ ï ṃ ε τïсќṡ в ÿ , αṉḋ ṡτïll ï τ ɾ ÿ xxxxxx
                                                          ṉø ɾ ε ṡ τ ƒøɾ с ɾ ø ṡ ṡ τ ø ρ ṡ ïṉ ṃÿ ṃïṉḋ xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott was rather torn on the subject of dueling club this year; normally, he enjoyed it, a lot. It was good practice, even if things were a bit... well. Juvenile, he supposed? He was capable of much more advanced (and much more violent) magic than was allowed in the club's dueling sessions. But, not being able to use that advanced, violent magic meant that he had to think more creatively, so he supposed there was some benefit to being restricted. He liked the practice, and the challenge. But this year, with Jesse's mind being what it was, he didn't like the idea of his boyfriend taking part. His little off moments happened at random, unpredictable times, and he didn't want to find out what would happen if one should occur during a duel. Nothing good, that was for certain. But the Slytherin had insisted, so here they were.

spaceHe entered the room just behind Jesse, eyes narrowed and scanning to see who all was present. Mostly, he was looking for one face in particular. Hamilton had never taken part in the club before, but he seemed to have a habit of making things as inconvenient for Jesse as he possibly could, so Elliott wouldn't have put it past fate for this to be the year he decided to join. So far, though, not a sign of him. Elliott let out a faint sigh of relief. The other Strudwick boy wouldn't be a concern, he was a first year. The Ravenclaw stood perhaps a bit too close to his boyfriend, stance perhaps a bit too tense, and filled out his form quickly. If they were lucky, they'd either be allowed to choose partners, or they'd somehow get the luck of being paired together. Elliott didn't know Madam Montague very well, not having had many reasons to go to the hospital wing, not being prone to injuries and preferring to handle any he did incur on his own. So, he had no clue how she would handle running the club. Thus far, though, he didn't see any issue with it. A bit like a class, but they were just killing time until she was certain no one else was coming, right?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ṃÿ ṃ ï ṉ ḋ ïṡ ṡετ øṉ ø ṿ ε ɾ ḋ ɾ ï ṿ ε
                                                          xxxxxx τhε сløсќ ïṡ l α υ ģ h ï ṉ ģ ïṉ ṃÿ ƒ α с ε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx α с ɾ ø ø ќ ε ḋ ṡρïṉε, ṃÿ ṡ ε ṉ ṡ ε ṡ ḋυllεḋ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ραṡτ τhε ρ ø ï ṉ τ øƒ ḋ ε l ï ɾ ï υ ṃ

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Elliott Holt of House Ravenclaw

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24357439]Elliott Holt[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=darkblue]Ravenclaw[/color][/size][/b]

Red Hot Missy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:46 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCourtyard
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJesse, Elliott
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused

чσu σnlч h σ l d mє u p líkє t h í s xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          'cαusє чσu d σ n ' t knσw whσ í rєαllч α m xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          s σ m є t í m є s í just wαnt tσ k n σ w whαt ít's l í k є tσ вє ч σ u xxxxxxxxx
                                                          í usєd tσ w α s t є mч t í m є drєαmíng σf вєíng α l í v є xxxxxx
                                                          nσw í σ n l ч wαstє ít d r є α m í n g σf ч σ u xxx

spaceJojo blinked oddly as she approached the courtyard, noticing that, for some reason, one of the school nurses seemed to be running the club. She arrived just in time to hear Madam Montague's explanation of what they were doing until they were sure no one else was coming, and sidled up to Elliott and Jesse. "What's going on? I don't think I've ever seen her outside of the hospital wing," she whispered. Historically, there weren't ever really any professor actually present at the club meetings (however unwise that might've been). It was weird seeing an actual adult running the club... Even if technically speaking she, Jesse, and Elli were barely not adults. Actually, if you wanted to get technical, the three of them were absolutely, totally adults, according to the law, anyway. She didn't really think that was a wise decision on the part of the legal system, but she wasn't going to argue with it... Her birthday and summer vacation wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable if not for that law, after all.

space"Dunno," Elliott said with a shrug, and she frowned. He was staring around the courtyard like he was about to hex someone's face off... Glancing at Jesse, she supposed she understood why, but the Slytherin seemed fine, at least at the moment... Then again, Jojo knew better than most that 'fine at the moment' could very quickly become 'suddenly the furthest thing from fine.' She chewed her lip a bit, hoping that the redhead would manage to keep it together... And not start acting all... creepy, again. "Who's even supposed to've been in charge this year?" the blonde asked, earning a scoff from Elliott, and an annoyed expression. Okay, so she forgot. So sue her! "Arianna Davenport," the Ravenclaw said, his tone seeming very forcibly bland, and she blinked at him oddly. Oooh, right. He'd been friends with her, ages ago, hadn't he? She seemed to recall Jesse telling her that Elli'd gotten all bent out of shape because after she'd started hanging out with Benjamin, she hadn't had time for her supposed best friend anymore. She started to ask where Ari was, but thought the better of it and bit her tongue; probably a sore subject, that. Instead, she just filled out her form, and kept her curiosity to herself.

xxx turn σ f f thє l í g h t s αnd turn σ f f thє s h ч n є s s
                                                          xxxxxx 'cαusє αll σf σur m σ v є s mαkє up fσr thє s í l є n c є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx αnd σ h , thє w α ч чσur mαkєup s t α í n s mч p í l l σ w c α s є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx líkє í'll n є v є r вє thє s α m є

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Johanna Tempest of House Hufflepuff

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24366541]Johanna Tempest[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=darkgoldenrod]Hufflepuff[/color][/size][/b]

Red Hot Missy

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:19 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCourtyard
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGid, Rhys
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

ωє кєєρ σ υ я ѕ є ℓ ν є ѕ α муѕтєяу вυт ωє ρяσνι∂є xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ρ я σ ν ι ∂ є тнє ¢ℓυєѕ ѕσ тнє я є ѕ т ιѕ υρ тσ у σ υ xxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ∂σи'т f σ я g є т тσ ¢нє¢к тнє σ в ν ι σ υ ѕ , ωє αяє ѕ σ ѕ є я ι σ υ ѕ xxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ι gυєѕѕ ιт ¢σмєѕ ∂ σ ω и тσ нσω ¢ υ я ι σ υ ѕ уσυ ¢αи в є xxx

spaceJazzy was, as almost always when headed towards something exciting, not so much walking as she was bouncing. Jumping. Leaping. She spotted the crowd of students easily enough, a bit thrown off by the fact that Madam Montague was apparently in charge (didn't students usually run the clubs? ... Whatever). It didn't really matter to her, though, all she cared about was getting her form filled out and getting her duel on. The third year filled out her form, then, spotting Gid and Rhys, approached the two boys with a grin. "Hey, guys!" she called, then very purposefully toned down her obvious enthusiasm. Rhys had anxiety problems, she reminded herself. No need to go freaking him out. She made sure that there was plenty of space between her and the white-haired Ravenclaw, standing closer to Gid, glancing around the courtyard. "I would've expected more of a turn out to this," she said, noting that, while there were a fair few students, it wasn't a big crowd or anything like that. She turned back to the boys, smiling. "How're you guys doing? Ready for this ish?" she asked, a bit of the excitement leaking back in, despite her best efforts. Okay, so she wasn't that great at being calm when something exciting was going on. If Rhys started freaking out, she'd go bother someone else. Who, she had no idea, but someone. Yeesh, where were Lynn and Minnie and Anna when she needed them?

xxx ∂ я α м α ∂σєѕи'т f σ ℓ ℓ σ ω мє, ιт я ι ∂ є ѕ σи му в α ¢ к
                                                          xxxxxx ι мαу вє υ g ℓ у , вυт тнєу ѕυяє ℓ σ ν є тσ ѕ т α я є
                                                          xxxxxxxxx ∂ я α м α ∂σєѕи'т f σ ℓ ℓ σ ω мє, ιт я ι ∂ є ѕ σи му в α ¢ к
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι мαу вє υ g ℓ у , вυт тнєу ѕυяє, тнєу ѕυяє ℓ σ ν є тσ ѕ т α я є

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Jasmine Pierce of House Gryffindor

[size=12][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24727845]Jasmine Pierce[/url][/size] [b][size=11]of[/size] [size=12]House [color=firebrick]Gryffindor[/color][/size][/b]

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games