Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

veil of stars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 am
When I first started wearing black all the time, some people thought I was depressed. Though I think now it's pretty obvious that I'm a happy person. 3nodding

I'm also asked if I'm going somewhere special an awful lot. I just like looking nice.

My mum also goes on about how goth she was at my age. At least she approves. xp

People assume that I like everything morbid. I really cannot stand extreme graphic violence, though I love a little bit of blood.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm
veil of stars

People assume that I like everything morbid. I really cannot stand extreme graphic violence, though I love a little bit of blood.

I must admit I am exceedingly squeemish. Any sort of blood and gore won't bother me much but it will give me a bit of the "heebie-jeebies" so to say. xD
And for the record, I do worhip satin. So soft, so comfy<3

Okay on topic? hermm..
The way people think you're a bad person or are generally frightened by you. (Those are often the people I try to be nice to and do favours for -- I hope I can change their mind and be open to peoples differences)  

SADERR

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:34 pm
The_Forth
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

I don't get too many problems, but I'll respond to the list anyway.
1. Well, not everyone, only a few for me, but I hate that too. Just because someone is a goth doesn't mean that they worship Satan or don't believe in any god or devil or whatever, although some do. I happen to be a Christian goth.
2. I own only 2 articles of Tripp clothing. They are pretty pricey, which is one reason why I have only 2. The other is because some of the stuff comes apart easily.
3. Yes. I see a lot of good quality goth stuff on the net. But #1: too high priced. #2: it's on the net and I'm still a kid, and no one's gonna order me stuff off the net...
4. That's not really a problem for me.
5. I don't have many of those... Come to think of it, I may not have any at all.
6. There are a lot of stereotypes about goths out there, and most of them are completely or partially false. But I don't let them bother me. As long as I'm comfortable with my own self, I don't care.
7. My mom doesn't try to change how I look sometimes nor does she fuss at me for it. It's just that she doesn't understand what goths really are. I've tried to explain it to her, but it's kinda hard...
8. I have only 1 pair of pants with chains on them, and there are only 2.
9. I like to wear my pants extra long. It's usually me stepping on my own pants, not other people stepping on them.
10. I'm not depressed nor do I seem like it, so...
And something to add: When you're black or at least look it and you tell people you're a goth, some don't believe you. They think black people can't be goth. I'm partially black, so my skin is brown but has a reddish tint. So that happens to me half the time. I don't care if they don't believe me, though, because I don't need to convince them. I believe I am what I am. (no racism or anything meant here)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:53 pm
I get a lot of little kids commenting on my clothes, but they all say that I look pretty. Their parents take one look at me and drag them away. It frustrates me that they judge me before they know me. I guess it proves that children judge people more fairly than adults.  

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:28 pm
I don't like when people judge others before they get to know them, either.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:50 am
oh and besides that at school you got all the preps right and i dont give a s**t about preps they can do whatever but were you ever walking down the hall and some prep decides to yell "emo" or they make body language like looking at you cutting there wrists and s**t like that i got in alot of fight over that kinda stuff now i have alot of emo friends that are not the stereotypical emo everyone seems to associate them to be and thats y not only is it offensive to goths but it is just rude to emos to.  

D3NKl

Bunny

x_Disposable_Sunshine_x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
The price of corsets! I've only found one shop in my area that sells them. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:52 pm
Does anyone else have a problem with snagging your lace on something?

Whisper Gently

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm
Whisper Gently

Oh my lord yes. The things I put up with for woodsy Victorian photoshoots... Getting stuck in bushes, heels of my boots sinking into the dirt. Good times.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:02 pm
Whisper Gently

my cats enjoy clawing my lace clothing. Not exactly the same but equally annoying.  

Hyena_Queen

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:03 pm
xxrackellaxx
Whisper Gently

Oh my lord yes. The things I put up with for woodsy Victorian photoshoots... Getting stuck in bushes, heels of my boots sinking into the dirt. Good times.

O: I know what you mean. I managed to find a nice pair or wire lace slip ons for things like that.
I know my dog needs her nails cut when they start snagging on my clothing >.<

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:04 pm
Hyena_Queen
Whisper Gently

my cats enjoy clawing my lace clothing. Not exactly the same but equally annoying.
Closets are amazing for keeping cats out smile

Whisper Gently

Hyena_Queen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:04 am
Whisper Gently
Hyena_Queen
Whisper Gently

Closets are amazing for keeping cats out smile

you don't know my cat  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:01 pm
I never had any problem with people stepping on my clothes or anything like that. The biggest problem I had with chains was getting caught on chairs at school, so the chair flips over backwards when you stand up, or you can't even stand up at all xD

I got weird looks, but I don't think they're that big a deal.

The price of goth clothes here drives me nuts. I bought a pair of Tripp Capris for $98, in the states they would've been like $58. Goddamn import fees. Although I think Hot Topic did just open two locations in eastern Canada...

The other thing about goth clothing is that it's all made for tiny skinny people. Even though I've found goths are generally the most accepting of all ranges of body shapes and sizes, the clothes are still made for the tiny ones.  

Sugar Tree

Eloquent Bloodsucker

11,400 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Bluetabbycat

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:14 pm
Really? I have the opposite problem. I'm a UK size 8 (USA size 6) and I find it really hard to find clothes that fit me well. Usually I have to buy a pice of clothing that's a size or two bigger, then adjust it on the sewing machine when I get home. It also means that I can't buy leather arm bracers, because even on their lowest setting, they end up rattling about on my wrist.

Something else that annoys me is the 'one size fits all' clothing size. I learnt long ago that one size does not fit all; anyone who is particularly small or big won't fit in a generic size.

But back on topic...

I havn't been called a Santanist, not to my face anyway; though I have been asked if I was a witch and approached by a born again christian, trying to convert me. (I don't think he would have tried so hard if I wasn't dressed the way I was! It would have been funny though if I already was a born again christian! xd )

I don't really have any problems with chains or bangles, because I don't generally accessorise. I have had trouble with lace though.

I don't have any trouble with stepping on my trousers because I tend to ware knee high boots that I tuck my trousers into. 3nodding

I don't actually get that many people calling me names in town. I think it might be because when I was in high school I beat up a guy who was easily four times my size. Stuff like that gets remembered in a small country town.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff