Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:20 am
Silvander
kochi~mochi

i look -horrid- in empire waist lines. It might just be what i think, but... i hate the things, and think i look bad in them. My girlfriend is cute in them, me, not so much.

I'm not short -compared to the majority of girls here i'm kind of tall - 5'8ish. I'll see what i can do about pictures. sweatdrop

Lol, ok. If you're going to buy a dress though, expect to shell it out. What I would consider a reasonable price for a prom-like ensemble (dress, shoes, and accessories) is about three hundred dollars. Which is a lot, but you will wear it more than once, and it's a special occaision.

You can probably cut that price down quite a bit if you're making it. Well.. depending on what and how much fabric you need xd
i would consider around 300ish to be resonable myself, if you include shoes, accessories, and dress... but i dunno what my parents are calling reasonable, as i won't have the money to buy myself a nice dress for a while. sweatdrop I hope they'll just buy me something i want.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:26 am
Okay, pictures. I warn you, they aren't the best in the world (as i said, i don't have pictures of myself, but i found some my friend took while laying on the floor, one from my birthday, and a couple of us, sugar high, trying to get a nice christmas picture)

User Image
Taken from the floor. (this is about how long my hair is now, btw)

User Image
Distracted by a shiney i didn't know was on our tree

User Image
Too much sugar...

User Image
on my birthday.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:49 am
Horray!
I got a job!
alright, I got a job at donut king,
but its still a Job!

and that dress is pretty and all but it starts a solid line of color right above your boobs *and your boobs is the bigest part of your chest* then you are all solid color untill your feet. And the straps wil break your sholders into three parts and make them look larger.

you want a v neck and cap sleves since your arms are like mine too.
And I can't tell, because you is sitting and therefore slouching in all those photos, but it looks like your sholders are slimmer than mine wich is good.

And your stomach seems smaller than your boobs, even when sitting, wich is impossibly good. (like seriously, how the hell did you do that)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 pm
*looks down* If i sit up really straight i guess it is... *pokes tummy*

I really hate strapless dresses, and little straps look strange to me.

I want a V-neck? really? *has never really liked those* I'll try them on.... I really really like that dress i posted though, largly because of the lack of v-neck. sweatdrop

One of my friends said she'd take me out looking at dresses, so i'll be trying things on this weekend.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:31 pm
User Image
oh yea,
I am awesome!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:45 pm
kochi~mochi

I want a V-neck? really? *has never really liked those* I'll try them on.... I really really like that dress i posted though, largly because of the lack of v-neck. sweatdrop

One of my friends said she'd take me out looking at dresses, so i'll be trying things on this weekend.
There is the possiblilty I am just trying to turn you into my by saying v necks, but they really do work for me.
Try 'em and see.
That being said I was about 17 before I would agree to wear them. It does take a certian "I am not afraid of boobs" kind of mentality.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:06 am
I'm a broad german girl. I'm not heavy, but I have broad shoulders, a large bust line, and good sized hips. And as a curvy woman, I will say- v-necks are your friend. They make your neck look slimmer and longer, they emphasize the chest over the waist/hips, and they just plain look sexy. ^^ I adore every shirt, sweater, and dress I own thats v-neck.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:45 am
I be me
kochi~mochi

There is the possiblilty I am just trying to turn you into my by saying v necks, but they really do work for me.
Try 'em and see.
That being said I was about 17 before I would agree to wear them. It does take a certian "I am not afraid of boobs" kind of mentality.
I'll try a couple on...

I'm 17, and not afraid of boobs! domokun ... okay, that didn't work. mad D still prefere them covered. mad D

I just realized that half of why i'm having trouble thinking about prom dresses is that i'm such a jeans-and-a-teeshirt kinda girl...

silver - I'll try some on, though i don't normally go for sexy...

RAWR~! All ready to go try things on now! *has to wait till saturday*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:52 am
kochi~mochi

I'm 17, and not afraid of boobs! domokun ... okay, that didn't work. mad D still prefere them covered. mad D

I just realized that half of why i'm having trouble thinking about prom dresses is that i'm such a jeans-and-a-teeshirt kinda girl...

silver - I'll try some on, though i don't normally go for sexy...

I'm a jeans sort of girl, too. ^^ I always wear chunky shoes, jeans (somtimes half worn out) and a free t-shirt. I've done it for practical reasons for so long, I stopped feeling comfy in anything else. Then one day, I woke up and realised I could be good looking if I bothered to try. Still do alot of jeans, but some days I just want to be girly. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:11 am
I have my occasional days - like when i go shopping for a dress. Thats pretty much it.

I think once i get something to wear under my skirts in the winter i'd actually wear a couple of them... I've got this really cute skirt, which i bought cause it was on sale for like $10, and it is really cute.. and i recently got a shirt i can wear it with, but it looks weird to have a turtleneck and a shortish skirt and no tights or leggings or something.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:49 am
kochi~mochi
I be me
kochi~mochi
Omg... i just found a project thats been sitting in my closet for a while.. i need to work on it after i finish my fanime stuff. sweatdrop

That and my prom dress... which i need to figure out what i want, since i'm not big on dresses, but i am kinda big, which limits what i'll look good in.
bullplop
I used to be thirty kilos heavier than I am now and I can tell you that I won't looked thin in anything I wore but that doesn't mean I couldn't look good.

if you are big like I was then I would say wide deep neck that goes in under the bust then goes down and out at the hips and floorlength or stops at the thickest part of your calf so you look as if you get smaller from there

Let me see a pic of you so I can impose my opionion on you.
Front and side shot.

I'll see if i can get pictures, my digi cam is down and i don't have like any recent pictures of myself.

*sigh* Last night i was in a bit of a down mood, looking at all the prom dresses on skinny little things. I felt -significantly- better when my friend pointed me towards a plus-size site, with all the modles in around a size 18jean (which is what i am).

gemi - it depends on if i can find a dress i like that i can afford. If we can't find something with a reasonable price (not that i've been told what that is yet.... i mean, i'll wear the same dress to both proms, and weddings and funerals and stuff...) then i'm making it, with the help of my mommy.

I like this dress alot, though i think it's -just a bit- out of reach price-wize.
Honestly, $200 for a prom gown is not bad. Most gowns the girls at my school wore were at least $400. (Except me - I caught a JCPenney sale and bought a dress from the year before for just over $100 XD and NO ONE ELSE HAD IT pirate )  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:23 pm
YAY! I talked to my daddy and he said like... $500 for the whole ensamble, maximum.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Silvander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:48 pm
Your parent's budget rocks! Lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:40 pm
Silvander
Your parent's budget rocks! Lol
Well, thats my -daddy's- budget. My mommy might decide to 'talk some sense into him'... but it -is- probably going to be one dress for two years and stuff. 3nodding

And even if she doesn't i don't want to spend all of that, mostly in hopes of getting more spending money. We all want to go bowling/play pool after prom, and the more money i have for that the more fun that night will be.

*is suddenly all jazzed up for jr. prom*  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:33 am
My junior prom dress was a custom tailored Manderine dress that I'd been eyeing for about two years. $150, and the shoes were $15 at walmart. My junior prom dress I found that winter in an antique store. It was an A-line dress in royal purple crushed velvet, knee length with one of those poofy things going around the shoulders, instead of straps. That was $8. Then, where the poofy things met up in front, I put a rhinestone pin from JoAnns ($10). I thought it was too short for prom (I wanted something fancy) so I added satin to the bottom till it was ankle length, then covered that in tulle with a train. That was probably another $15. At the time, I was working at JoAnns, and since I was a closer, I was the one responsible for sweeping the store every night, so I'd go through floral and pick up the flower blossoms that had fallen on the floor, and I put a few of those around the hem. Shoes I already had, and I topped it off with a tiara from my 4-H queen days. My tiara was bigger than the Prom Queens, which gave me no end of satisfaction.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff