Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

Helies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm
I guess I just had enough. Oh well, im done with it now

And sure, truce.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:56 pm
Erm, so... may others rant here as well, then?  

Bellabie

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:31 pm
Wals, I know you're not going to like the fact that I'm going to say this, but I'm going to get this out there anyway... from an academic standpoint, Islam, Christianity, and Judaism all follow the same god, in different ways.

Look at it like this, that mass schism is like when the Catholic church had all of the mass splinter-offs, resulting in the rather large number of denominations we have now... and they're all still "Christians", despite the differing opinions.

My view on religion is that, quite simply, it was a device created by man to explain things that conventional knowledge, at the time, could not explain.

Nothing more, nothing less. People, from that point, then decided to start building on to that basic kernel idea, and build on it, giving these ideas names, pictures, or abstracts with which to build it into a conscious deity, which then needed could be sated, pleased, angered, etc.

You cannot be a fatalist and say that man has free will, the mere notion contradicts itself.

Religion is a touchy subject, I realize, but the whole "I'm right, they're wrong..." thing gets really old really quick. I, myself, am not a huge fan of Christians as a group and tend to approach them with a lot more caution than other people if I know the whole religion thing ahead of time, but that's because I know what to expect from most of them by now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:36 pm
Dronze, I believe you said that beautifully even if I dont agree with the lower half. I agree that basicly Christians, Jews, and Muslims all follow the same God, but with different beliefs.

Same with the demoninations, there are so many, but it all started with Catholicism. And about Christians, I cant stand the ones who, on Gaia, do use the "IM right, YOUR wrong." Gaia is not exactly the best place to be a missionary, considering its the internet and everyone has their own belief. I think we are able to pass this difference and get on to...

RANTS!!!  

Helies

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:45 pm
speaking of which, has anyone here but myself translated the Latin on the seal I had made?

I need to know if the grammar on that is correct...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:07 pm
"Where is my regiment?"  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Helies

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:24 pm
I dont even know which latin your talking about... sweatdrop I think I was busy typing. Ill look somtime...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:41 pm
in which direction are my oarsmen?

did you mean regiment? that would be legio

and it would be Qua Legio Est...

or more appropriately:
Qua Caterva Est

(where is my flock/followers?)

the my is presupposed in the sentence, the Latin almost never uses a personal possessive in that way. If you're talking about it, it must be yours already unless it's someone else's which would then be specified....
Cogito ergo Sum (I think therefore I am)  

Lady Rayya

Helies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:38 am
Lady Rayya
in which direction are my oarsmen?

did you mean regiment? that would be legio

and it would be Qua Legio Est...

or more appropriately:
Qua Caterva Est

(where is my flock/followers?)

the my is presupposed in the sentence, the Latin almost never uses a personal possessive in that way. If you're talking about it, it must be yours already unless it's someone else's which would then be specified....
Cogito ergo Sum (I think therefore I am)
Haha, I didnt know it would be that serious. I can barely speak Spanish so this is way over my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 am
I'm better at German. smile

Languages are a passion of mine.

Sane, paululum linguae Latinae dico?  

Lady Rayya

Helies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:49 am
*runs off crying*

I would like to learn German eventually, but im too lazy right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:27 pm
It's supposed to be "Where's my oar?"...

damn online translators....  

dronze
Vice Captain

Helies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:09 am
Haha, I never trust online translators, they always butcher it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:57 am
a sa double check, ALWAYS translate back into English what it spit out at you.  

Lady Rayya

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:34 am
alright, I think I may have it...

damn... trying to put this together has been a pain.

anyone care to check this one for me?

Ubi sunt mi remus?  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games