Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:57 am
[ Grynn Wolf ]
Oh yes. Been there.

Movies just suck, don't they? They're just movies, theyre just fake pretend things, and they still give you scars. Jesus. Snakes on a plane--i'm not scared of snakes. I've been bitten by a poisionus snake, i'm still alive, why am I scared?! they didn't even LOOK real half the time. its a movie, its fake.
But that dosen't stop me from weaking up in a cold sweat, flick the light on, and pant heavily with a deer-in-the-head-lights look on my face while I check for snakes/bites.
In any case, I find the best way to keep these images out is to force them out. when the thought comes to you, force it away.

As for the nerf thing. Ugh. donchya hate it? If you bring that sort of thing on to school campuses, they throw a hissy fit, what, do they think your going to try to fake a hostage situation with a NERF gun? for cryin' out loud... I don't blame you for bein' mad.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:10 am
Manda_Tifa
*hugs* I can relate to the lack of sleep thing....I have to pull a back-to-back again...I got off at 11pm yesterday and have to be back at work at 7am this morning...couldn't sleep to save my life....I'm so tired, today's gonna suck....

Is it 3:30 yet?? gonk

Heh, I just double checked my course syllabus, and attendance is not required for the lectures....so I'm not going today. I'm about to go back to sleep for another few hours and just go to my afternoon classes....  

[ Grynn Wolf ]

[ Grynn Wolf ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:15 am
UglyCoyoteNG
Oh yes. Been there.

Movies just suck, don't they? They're just movies, theyre just fake pretend things, and they still give you scars. Jesus. Snakes on a plane--i'm not scared of snakes. I've been bitten by a poisionus snake, i'm still alive, why am I scared?! they didn't even LOOK real half the time. its a movie, its fake.
But that dosen't stop me from weaking up in a cold sweat, flick the light on, and pant heavily with a deer-in-the-head-lights look on my face while I check for snakes/bites.
In any case, I find the best way to keep these images out is to force them out. when the thought comes to you, force it away.

As for the nerf thing. Ugh. donchya hate it? If you bring that sort of thing on to school campuses, they throw a hissy fit, what, do they think your going to try to fake a hostage situation with a NERF gun? for cryin' out loud... I don't blame you for bein' mad.

Heh. My solution to the movie thing. Get my tail on MSN and snuggle with two of my closest friends while listening to depressing music until I'm too tired to think of anything else.

And yes, the NERF thing just bugs me that such drastic action is being taken. I understand why the cops were called and why the guy has to submit the paperwork....its nothing I have against them for doing their job.... Its just the fact that earlier in the day we were seen by 2 other RAs as well as a cop and a security guard. One RA didn't really care, the other said "Just don't play with them in the halls" and the cop and security guard walked past the hall while we were playing and didn't say anything.

So yeah, that's why it bugs me....is that after other people haven't said anything one person who thinks they're BB guns or something comes up, and then action has to be taken. I mean, like I said, the cops just laughed at us because we're a group of 18 year olds playing with 6-10 year old toys.....

But yeah, enough of that....we're pretty sure its just going to be a warning, so I'm not too worried.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:27 am
I'm home finally (Although I was home before, I had a lecture I had to attend then I got dragged off to help solve a computer problem) and in an alright mood. But the school has decided it's going to do something about the students using firefox. I worked with a hacker for about an hour or 2 trying to get passed the new block. But I was unsuccessful. I have a method to getting onto meebo, but nothing else. This most likely means I'll need to top up my 'account' unless I can get firefox working again.

EDIT: Oh, just to let you know, the way they've set it up, you can only use the IE rendering engine but that means I can't get passed the firewalls.  

Crenn

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:58 am
[ Grynn Wolf ]

Reminds me of the time back in high-school I brought a bow as part of my presentation for English class after we got done reading the Odyssey, because I was reenacting the scene where Ulysses strings the bow and kills off all his wife's suitors.

I did even not have any arrows and yet they took it away from me saying that it was still a weapon. Explaining this to them and even why I brought it did no good and they said I was lucky that they were not going to write me up and that I could get it back after school.

Honestly, people are too paranoid. Getting scared over things that aren't even weapons for crying out loud. Well, potentially anything can be used as a weapon, but I think you get my meaning. I can stab someone with a pen and kill them that doesn't mean I should be treated like I am wielding a knife. rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:07 am
Had my first class for today, Algerbra. At 8:00 I have my recitation period (where the class seperates into groups of 20 and go over the lesson and problems in the lecture. This is only on monday, which isn't so bad. Also, homework and test are done there). Since there was no class, we sat there for fifteen minuets and left. Then at 9:00 I had my algerbra lecture class. But since it was just intro, it was only a half hour and I was let out. Both classes are an hour long, and my head is spining from all the work we're supposed to do. Since we got a used book, I didn't get the CDrom that I need for the class, which has tests and homework I need to do. So I have to buy that some time today because I have something due for it by 7am Wensday sweatdrop

I have my Japanese class at 12:00, so I'll get to see what that's like. ANNDDD I have my Karate at 5:00, so I can't wait to see what that's like whee  

Sirus Jin

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:14 am
Sirus Jin
ANNDDD I have my Karate at 5:00, so I can't wait to see what that's like whee

More physically demanding than anything else you have ever done in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:19 am
Diana Vulpes
Sirus Jin
ANNDDD I have my Karate at 5:00, so I can't wait to see what that's like whee

More physically demanding than anything else you have ever done in your life.

Most likely. But the class is called 'Begining Karate'. I had the option of that, or the regular course. So I'm assuming it's easier then the regular one. I needed something to keep me active while I'm up here.  

Sirus Jin

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:33 am
Whew, more relief.
I was gonna call AirCanada for info, but I stumbled across what I needed to know while I was trying to find their number again. Whee. XD

Seems all the electonic devices I have are allowed, even portable computers, on the carry-on selection. Having my unhooked tower in my luggage shouldn't be a problem then, I mean, even SHOTGUNS were permitted in the luggage case, as long as they were unloaded and in a locked, clear case. XD

All's good. I've sorted everything out. I just need to take some time during the week to close my bank account here and call my orthodontist to get the braces removed before I leave and I'll have cut off all the loose ends.

I did realise one thing though, my dad comes back home to have lunch around half past noon, so I'm gonna have to start packing the backpack while mom's still around. Hopfully get the luggage case fixed up before noon and be out of the house by the time my dad gets back >.>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:58 am
DoomNeko
Whew, more relief.
I was gonna call AirCanada for info, but I stumbled across what I needed to know while I was trying to find their number again. Whee. XD

Seems all the electonic devices I have are allowed, even portable computers, on the carry-on selection. Having my unhooked tower in my luggage shouldn't be a problem then, I mean, even SHOTGUNS were permitted in the luggage case, as long as they were unloaded and in a locked, clear case. XD

All's good. I've sorted everything out. I just need to take some time during the week to close my bank account here and call my orthodontist to get the braces removed before I leave and I'll have cut off all the loose ends.

I did realise one thing though, my dad comes back home to have lunch around half past noon, so I'm gonna have to start packing the backpack while mom's still around. Hopfully get the luggage case fixed up before noon and be out of the house by the time my dad gets back >.>

Gee, I hope that when it's time to go, your mother doesn't go all psychotic and try to stop you from leaving by force. Bad. o.o

Poor Doomie..... crying  

FogSage

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:05 am
Whoo....good luck, Doomie! And play it safe. Don't talk to strangers on the plane! Just kidding... xp

I finally finished all my paperwork, and there's a new girl learning the rope, so I'm up front all by myself while Angela takes her break, and I'm bored. It IS entertaining to see everyone freak out about the hurrican though. I'm almost disappointed...my first hurricane and it has a dumb name like "Ernesto". I almost wish tropical storm Chris made it to hurricane...that would be more appropriate for my first storm, since Chris is my brothers name.... blaugh

The manager of the hotel came up and asked if I'd be okay to work afterwards. I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't be. I walk to work, so as long as there's no more hail, wind, and rain I should be fine. Unless I get hit in the head with a palm tree, I think things'll be alright. xp

My family in Vermont is freaking out and all my friends have made me swear to call them afterwards to ensure my safety. I swear they're more paranoid about hurricanes than I am. Which makes me question either their sanity or my own.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:34 am
FogSage
Gee, I hope that when it's time to go, your mother doesn't go all psychotic and try to stop you from leaving by force. Bad. o.o

Poor Doomie..... crying

In a sense, my mom's gonna be busy getting ready for work, and is usually too much in a rush to pay attention by the time I'll be up and packing. Being my stuff's in the basement and she stays upstairs, I can likely pull off packing some stuff in my backpack. 3nodding
Then I get an hour and a half for the luggage case X3

Sonya Khatsworth

Lloxie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:38 pm

OMFG I just got a call from Wal-Mart. I'm scheduled for my first job interview ever tomorrow at 3:00.

SO NERRRRVOUSSSSSSS. <@___@>

...I need snuggles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:43 pm
Lloxie

OMFG I just got a call from Wal-Mart. I'm scheduled for my first job interview ever tomorrow at 3:00.

...I need snuggles.

*hugs Lloxie* Don't be worried, first jobs are actually easy to land as long as you're not looking to score big bucks your first shot. Walmart has a tendency to hire and fire people quickly though....so you better prove yourself up to the job. My job at an IGA is rather slow, but I like it. heart

Also, when talking to the person interviewing you, be polite. Even if they ask you to call them a certain name, ALWAYS call them sir or ma'am. Remember, you're essentially selling yourself to them in order to work there, so try to appear energetic and interested in the work they have planned for you. Above all, be honest. If you lie and hold back, they'll find out eventually and they probably will NOT be happy.  

FogSage

Lloxie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:02 pm
FogSage
Lloxie

...I need snuggles.

*hugs Lloxie* Don't be worried, first jobs are actually easy to land as long as you're not looking to score big bucks your first shot. Walmart has a tendency to hire and fire people quickly though....so you better prove yourself up to the job. My job at an IGA is rather slow, but I like it. heart

Also, when talking to the person interviewing you, be polite. Even if they ask you to call them a certain name, ALWAYS call them sir or ma'am. Remember, you're essentially selling yourself to them in order to work there, so try to appear energetic and interested in the work they have planned for you. Above all, be honest. If you lie and hold back, they'll find out eventually and they probably will NOT be happy.

*huggles Fog back tightly* Nyah... so I've heard. <@-@> I hope they hire me and don't let me go right away. If I can keep this job for a while, I can start saving up to move out of here... rawr... >>

And yeah, that's what I plan to do. I'm usually polite anyway, heh. =p I'll just be nervous is hell, is all. Cus that's just how I am. @_@; And I don't intend to lie. I suck at it anyway. ^^;

Thanks for the advice though, Foggy. =3 *nuzzles*

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games