Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:07 pm

I'm going to veto the cyborg thing.
Ive looked at the stuff of the Old Republic and this nanite stuff, while alien enough, is not Sith enough.
The Sith were never very big on cybernetics andmechanical augmentatons that dulled their connection to the Force.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:12 pm

Thats why only the Massassi get the augmentations. They're not considered anything more then minions by the more conventional true sith, which shun them except as a means of controlling their brutal and bloody Massassi. They've turned their warrior/slave caste into a truly diabolical and sentient technobeast.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:14 pm

In essence you've created the Borg.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:14 pm

I'm getting some wierd vibes here. 1, because this sounds just liek the current story arc in schlock's mercinary, and 2, you'd better hope Nakara does not gain word of such technology, otherwise the true sith are going to find that they're not the only army with it....

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Cale Darksun

Funny thing is, I'm already allied with the SW equivalent.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:16 pm

Nelo, opinion on this Massai mutation?

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:17 pm

Haven't seen that episode of Schlock.

Quote:

How do you go from:

"We are the borg, lower your shields and surrender your ships, your culture will learn to serve as us. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile..."

-TO-

ARGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:18 pm

Cale Darksun
Nelo, opinion on this Massai mutation?

Too easily godmodded.

Not to mention, where'd they get such advanced technology outside the galaxy.

I mean, this is why my allies are not going to be used on a widespread scale, because otherwise you don't have any way to do anything but hope the player kills them off.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:20 pm

stellarmagic
Haven't seen that episode of Schlock.

Quote:

How do you go from:

"We are the borg, lower your shields and surrender your ships, your culture will learn to serve as us. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile..."

-TO-

ARGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becuase they're Augmented cyborgs with replicating nanites in their blood who are ultimately cannon fodder for a higher power.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:21 pm

Uh... all you have to do is shoot em in the head.

Nothing replaces a brain. lol
As for tech level... Not being stagnate like the republic for the last 2,000 years would do it.

Not to mention the infamous DEMP gun.

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:24 pm

stellarmagic

As for tech level... Not being stagnate like the republic for the last 2,000 years would do it.

Yeah, you definately didn't read the newest schlock mercinary. If a nanites can regrow an arm back to fully functional, what's to prevent them from growing a head? Honestly, they're robots, they can just control the body all the easier without interfering signals.

I just point to the reanimated General Xinchub who was a headless corpse to back my case up. Its the same thing you're proposing...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:25 pm

So the scariest thing you could come up with were cyborgs.

Like what you turned the Mandalorians into in Legacy.

Its always the hard science crap with you. Where's the science fantasy? the weird and the wild things that walk the line between magic and science that Star wars is supposed to have?

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Nelowulf
stellarmagic

Yeah, you definately didn't read the newest schlock mercinary. If a nanites can regrow an arm back to fully functional, what's to prevent them from growing a head? Honestly, they're robots, they can just control the body all the easier without interfering signals.

I just point to the reanimated General Xinchub who was a headless corpse to back my case up. Its the same thing you're proposing...

Simpsons did it. xd
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:27 pm

To quote Star Trek.

No cybernetic organism can survive without their organic component. So, shooting one in the brain, especially when the brain is controlling the nanites will lead to immediate death.

Plus the ion gun and DEMP gun are also unusually effective. Hitting the target would result in complete failure of the cyberized elements, and if those included say... the heart, the lungs, or anything else of great impact the warrior would fall over dead, killed by his own upgrades.

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:29 pm

Between my Iskalloni and Stellar's cyborg manassasi, this plot would simply end up giving a big finger to the jedi v sith conflict.

In all due fairness, a battle between immortal cyborgs isn't going to be very helpful, especially when the sith and jedi have nothing to do with such a conflict.

And stellar, This is Star Wars. Not Star Trek.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games