Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:53 pm

I have this all figured out, I'll make a big old post in the Speculation thread so that you can butcher it all at once instead of this tedious bit at a time.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:03 pm

It just seems to me you're trying to do what EK did, but instead of being an Admiral, you're a General.

Not to mention, its like you don't want to use the technology given to you to use, instead trying to make up for inferior tactics by compensating with overly dramatized ships, that way you can make up the strength in battle when it suits you, instead of relying on a standard.

CW's going to be leading her community (or GLF to me) forces into battle. You are making this second force, this new legion and fleet, which is seperate from the Core fleet, as another party.

Who are you really fighting for? The community is going to be using the Core fleet and its own fighting forces. If you're siding with them, you'd be using their forces, combining yours with hers.

Otherwise, you're an entirely different faction. One which I doubt any of the moderators will favorably look towards keeping around and allow the stamping out of.

I get away with my forces and fleet because I built them up. Not because I spawned them. All I'm saying is that I don't hold an optimistic view for your creations. I'm granted my forces by the mods because I provide explainations and work to get them. You tend to make up all of the information needed in hindsight. I can't tell you no. But I ask you consider what you're doing, and for what purpose is this.

If all you want is a fleet, I'd urge you to discuss with the moderators. I'm sure they'll allow it. If you're tryign for a force to be reckoned with, if you work it out with them, and not in speculation, you'll get more leeway than if you just poof it into existance.

Speculation is just throwing out ideas. Nobody really says yes or no to them there. Its just for us to figure out which music book to choose. We're not on the same page, just in the general area. Just because nobody voices against it in spec. doesn't garuntee approval. It means that you have a chance of getting it, but until you physically describe exactly how its going to be used, we're all going to have our own ideas.

If your idea happens to be much more godly than the mods, they'll shut you down. that's all there is to say. That's all she wrote.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:45 pm

I know, I know. Like I said, I have this all worked out, and if it doesn't meet up to specs, I'll edit it accordingly or abolish altogether.

The idea is that the Imperial Forces are loyal to Fel, but think Fel dead, and the GAA has been destroyed, and their Rim forces are too far out of place to meet the Core Fleet without getting pwn3d. Thus they band together, get rid of all previous loyalties, and become loyal to themselves, not to power, or space or wealth, simply to themselves.

Like I said, I'll post a big old detailed version of it in Speculation, cause thats where it belongs. It's just an idea...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:30 pm

And how did the rebel fleet manage to mass near sullust when the Empire of old controlled it?

Like I said. You don't need new fantastic forces to fight your way through. Haven't you heard of stealth? Take SotF for example. FP snuck an entire battlegroup through New Republic lines directly to Blackmoon. Goign from the outer rim to the core.

Now tell me how you can't have your little one ship fleet get through some picket lines that are lightly defended?

If Leia could blast a blockade, why can't you?

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:15 pm

*Is back for two days* Okay, status report?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:16 pm

I changed my idea, it'll be in Speculation by tomorrow...

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:14 pm

ElladanKenet

Status report of what?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:34 pm

Nelowulf
ElladanKenet

Status report of what?

I believe Kenet wishes to know what his character's fate is.

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:42 pm

We pop 'o cap in dat biaches head.

((aka, we say that currently your actions are being ignored due to lack of activity. We're trying to end the series, so it won't matter much if you join in or not.))
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:31 pm

Basically. Hate it that I got grounded.... oh well. Good luck to you all. Hopefully I'll be back for the new year to salvage things

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:37 pm

What could possibly get you grounded for so long? You've been out for at least a month.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:14 pm

Nelowulf
What could possibly get you grounded for so long? You've been out for at least a month.
Typical teenager stuff. Let's just say I'm the firstborn, and my parents are dealing with it rather.... harshly.

ElladanKenet
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:27 pm

Forsooth!

And thus, thou art used as an example to thine younger siblings, then?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:27 pm

Interesting Question!

Anyway, I promised a summary so here it is!

I am going to post my ideas.

So, I scratched my original idea, due to it being unrealistic (Thanks Nelo, I needed that...really helped me come up with a better idea.)

So, post Coruscant-rescue, Archaras returns to Nisax in order to prepare them to join Freya's cause. But on Coruscant, ICIS had downloaded a mass of files from their central computer, and is only now decrypting them. She discovers a plan to have the 505th destroyed by the new Sith, after turning over the Shipyards to them. Thus, Archaras prepares his men for the assault, knowing that the forces of the Sith are on their way already.

The Sith arrive with 10 (Number is malleable) Legions, and a rather large fleet, intent on taking possession of the Shipyards. However, the fleet docks with the yards, only to have them all simultaneously Self-Destruct, leaving only the unarmed transports carrying a 5 of the 10 Legions. The other 5 were in the fleet when it was destroyed.

The Remaining Sith begin their landing, only to discover that all of the suitable landing zones have been mined. The only remaining one has them landing under the guns of the 505th's Artillery. They do so, taking horrendous losses in the process. Several major battles take place, with the 505th slaughtering large numbers of their enemies, but taking enough casualties to force them into a retreat. When they captured Nisax, they took a prototype Cruiser and her crew intact at a Factory. Archaras and his remaining 1500 men race there ahead of their enemies, free the crew, and begin to prep for an evacuation. Archaras leaves 500 men with himself to stop the Sith, leaving a further 500 to help load the Cruiser. (500 die in the pursuit). They fight, and kill their enemies to the last man.

They flee on the Cruiser, giving their fallen friends an orbital cremation. 1000 members of the 505th Legion survive. Archaras then procedes to collect any veterans or Imperial Units or Vessels being attacked for disloyalty. By the beginning of ch.2 he'll have 10,000 men, 1 Cruiser, 2 Frigates, and 4 Corvettes.

How is that?

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:58 am

Question:

Did you forget about orbital bombardment? If the sith look on the ground and see the only landing zone not mined is under artilllery, then why should they not just turn you into a crater?

Not to mention, how would you get past the fleet? You've fought so long on the ground, and you never prepared an escape plan.

You'd never get the ability to jump to hyperspace with a carrier. The fleet would position itself to block you the ability to jump. By the time you found a path, you'd be screwed.

Those ships are fully functionable. They're not just going to sit by and watch you walk past them.

And that's assuming they don't bring an interdictor cruiser with them.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games