Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 pm
Tails could feel the desperation in Blizz's voice over this. The air about him flickered with heat, and his haunches tightened. "I'll be careful. Promise," he said.

His energy ball lowered into the gaping maw, and when he located the first jutting shard of rock large enough for his body, just six feet below, he fell to it. After a moment he found and fell to the next, then the next until he had found a rhythm. His only worry was that this hole was not hundreds of feet deep, but thousands.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 pm
I went on after Tails. I wasn't sure now, myself, how long of a drop this was. I took a leap and took the slow and steady approach myself. Wings spread wide and made occasional flaps to slow the descent. I was starting to smell now, the smell of molten lava...yea. This has to be it.

"What's that smell?" Tristen asked. "I started to smell it all the way back up there?"

"Lava." I said.

"Ohhhh."

Tails would find that after a good ways down, he'd be feeling the heat coming from the pool below. He was getting closer...  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:16 pm
Though the smell of lava tempted him to drop the rest of the distance, he had learned a painful lesson -- there is a fierce draft because the pressure is higher in open magma chambers which can steer you off-course.

But the heat renewed him, and each leap was bolder, faster. As close he was to the wall, the draft was a non-factor. "Are you alright, Blizz? Tristen?"

He was especially worried about Tristen.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm
Trigramatic
Though the smell of lava tempted him to drop the rest of the distance, he had learned a painful lesson -- there is a fierce draft because the pressure is higher in open magma chambers which can steer you off-course.

But the heat renewed him, and each leap was bolder, faster. As close he was to the wall, the draft was a non-factor. "Are you alright, Blizz? Tristen?"

He was especially worried about Tristen.

"It's getting kinda hot..." Tristen said.

"Just bear with it, Tristen." I said. "If it gets too much for you, though, just let me know. Desert heat is one thing, but this is a whole other matter." I said.

"Aren't you feeling hot by now, too, Blizz?" He asked. "You're an Ice type, right?"

"I had training in this for a similar occasion, under similar circumstances, for that matter." I told Tristen. "It was all I could do to deter people to use Fire types, let alone their attacks, against me." I said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:38 pm
Tails perched upon a spike some meters below Blizz and watched. "It actually helps that he's an ice type because he's strong enough to cool himself down from the convection if he needed to," he said. "And I can draw heat fast enough from something that I can keep Rattata alive in lava. Until they die from shock, anyway."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:45 pm
Trigramatic
Tails perched upon a spike some meters below Blizz and watched. "It actually helps that he's an ice type because he's strong enough to cool himself down from the convection if he needed to," he said. "And I can draw heat fast enough from something that I can keep Rattata alive in lava. Until they die from shock, anyway."

Tails's comment made Tristen sweatdrop. He was fine with not being like the Rattata that Tails mentioned of. "At any rate, I think I see bottom..." I said.

Sure enough. It would take a few more hops in Tails's case, the way he was going down this cavern, but there below was a rather large pool of magma with a large ledge all around this pool, at least, most of the ledge being fairly walkable. There was a rather large chunk that look as if it came off somehow. I knew how it came off...  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm
Tails did not fall into the magma yet. He dropped to the ledge, near the indentation, and sat. Took a deep breath. He'd made it somehow. He wasn't sure how Blizz would get back, but...

"Blizz, do you think Typhlosion could help Tristen? Or does he not know how to do the stuff I can?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:20 pm
Trigramatic
Tails did not fall into the magma yet. He dropped to the ledge, near the indentation, and sat. Took a deep breath. He'd made it somehow. He wasn't sure how Blizz would get back, but...

"Blizz, do you think Typhlosion could help Tristen? Or does he not know how to do the stuff I can?"

I landed and sat Tristen down. I looked over towards the fox kid and thought for a second. "Uh...no, I don't think he could, actually." I said. "Rather, all too well." I said.

"Huh?"

"Well, we don't want you passing out down here." I said. "I can try to keep him cool though." I said.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm
With a nod, Tails began to disrobe. "You'll be alright, Tristen. With the training Miles gave him, I -think- Blizz can hit a comfort spot in a thirty degree range. At least, -I- like his warmer ice beams. Blizz, do you have the other part of the sword with you?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:31 pm
Trigramatic
With a nod, Tails began to disrobe. "You'll be alright, Tristen. With the training Miles gave him, I -think- Blizz can hit a comfort spot in a thirty degree range. At least, -I- like his warmer ice beams. Blizz, do you have the other part of the sword with you?"

"Yea, sure." I said, reaching inside my inner vest pocket and taking out the ice sword piece that I did have. I unwrapped it from the cloth I had it in and held it out for Tails to see. "There it is..."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:43 pm
Tails reached tentatively for it then, deciding he would need to touch its mate anyway, grabbed. "It might be easier if I take it with me," he said. "There might be a reaction depending how close it is. You think?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:48 pm
Trigramatic
Tails reached tentatively for it then, deciding he would need to touch its mate anyway, grabbed. "It might be easier if I take it with me," he said. "There might be a reaction depending how close it is. You think?"

"I don't know. Its worth a shot, I guess." I said.

"Blizz..."

I looked over and Tristen wasn't feeling too good. This heat was getting to him. "Crap." I got close to him and started to emit a cooling effect. Given that Celcius and I had at it down here, I didn't worry about getting it too cold and cause ecologic stress to cause an eruption.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:52 pm
Before Tails leaped into the pit, he went to Tristen as well. He rested one arm on the boy's shoulder and Tristen would feel a slight pull. It wasn't much, but in tandem with Blizz's cooling of the air, the excess heat would flood from out of him. He was a little more careful than Blizz, so he wouldn't take too much. "Tell me when, okay?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 pm
Trigramatic
Before Tails leaped into the pit, he went to Tristen as well. He rested one arm on the boy's shoulder and Tristen would feel a slight pull. It wasn't much, but in tandem with Blizz's cooling of the air, the excess heat would flood from out of him. He was a little more careful than Blizz, so he wouldn't take too much. "Tell me when, okay?"

"I think I'm fine now..." Tristen said. "I'm sorry..."

"Its fine, Tristen." I said to him. "Get going, Tails. I think I got this."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:25 pm
Tails turned, then took a step back, away from the two. Then, grasping the blade tight, he leaped back and into the pit. He gasped as a raw surge of heat flared through him, his ears flared out, and he rested his arms on the surface as his racing mind adjusted. His breathing was quick, but not shallow. The look of unadulterated joy on his face was obvious and perhaps a little creepy.

"If I...fall into a daze," he said, "I'll try to fight it."  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games