Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:15 am

Celestia Whitesword
Forsooth!

And thus, thou art used as an example to thine younger siblings, then?
Exactly, though he (my sibling) of course knows nothing of what exactly I was doing.

Anywho, I guess while I'm here I'll post
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:04 am

Nelo: Read the first part of the plan. The only vessels left are unarmed troop transports. There is no remaining fleet.

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:34 pm

PaulTheWolf5575
Nelo: Read the first part of the plan. The only vessels left are unarmed troop transports. There is no remaining fleet.

I said on the sith side. There is still the remaining fleet to deal with. Just because you have several ships doesn't mean the armada is just going to dump 'n go.

You don't expect the entire armada just to dock, all at the same time, all completely unarmed and unprepared for attack, do you? Nobody's so stupid to let that happen.

P.s: A fleet needs not dock with a shipyard to capture it. They'd shuttle in the trooper to take it over. So the whole "self-detonate the armada bye bye" is self negating, because they'd never "dock with the station".

Transports would dock with the shipyard, because they unload troops. Ships like the Paelleon wouldn't dock because they are geared towards battling with things.

Unless the sith send nothing but transports, your plan holds that flaw.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:25 pm

okie dokes. I was planning on having some Admiral Ozzel-esque incompetence, but if that doesn't work thats ok.

Processing...

ohhh...I've got another idea.

Instead of Self-destructing the station has a massive EMP generator in it, hitting them at range, which disables the fleet, causing collisions and all kinds of unpleasantness, causing a larging number of destroyed and damaged vessels.

They remain disabled during the durationof the Land Battle, and escape before they finish their repairs. That more to your liking.

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:28 pm

Emp is kinda overdone, and depends on the length of the land battle.

The point I tried to make is that the ships you need out of commission will be hard to knock down... You couldn't blow them up with the stardock because they wouldn't dock anyway, and EMP takes less and less effect depending on the range of the blast and the size of the ship.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:36 pm

Yea, but it works better than my original idea. Also, they'd have to be very very close, because they'd need to get by the orbital facilities in order to get close to the planet. So they'd wait till they were in the closest proximity possible, and then trigger it.

And besides, this wouldn't even happen during any of the chapters. It happens between 1 and 2.

PaulTheWolf5575

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:56 pm

PaulTheWolf5575
Yea, but it works better than my original idea. Also, they'd have to be very very close, because they'd need to get by the orbital facilities in order to get close to the planet. So they'd wait till they were in the closest proximity possible, and then trigger it.

And besides, this wouldn't even happen during any of the chapters. It happens between 1 and 2.
Er, couldn't they just flank the space station and come from the otherside? Unless you have your own Kuatti Construction Yards, i'd think it'd be quite easy coming from the otherside with more forces. Granted, it'd mean more time in the atmosphere, but it'd completely miss the EMP and most of your defenses. It'd also make invasion easier, seeing as you likely wouldnt bomb your own planet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:00 pm

Ionosphere Deflects EMP. And the only way to get to where my men are stationed is to come straight on. They've positioned themselves underneathed the facilities for a reason...namely to get them close enough.

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:22 pm

Either way, with the number of forces which you make it sound like you're throwing at this planet, you'd never quite get enough range on the EMP to knock them out.

Not to mention, you say this is an atmospheric shipyard? Half the fleet will still be positioned outside orbit to catch stuff. Unless I'm misunderstanding...

Either the numbers are too large, or too small. 20,000 troops would be far enough to do it.

Its numbers that's troubling me. And a fleet consists of more than just a couple ships. Its over a hundred ships alone.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:31 pm

errr sorry. I meant Task Force. ^^;;; I got my vocabulary confused...apologies...

And its not a atmospheric shipyard. Its in Close Orbit to the planet.

And numbers are the most adjustable thing about this. What would you think would work?

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:47 pm

What are you wanting?

20,000 soldiers sent is a very lareg number to destroy. And that's troopers. Hell, that's more than enough to take over a planet all the way up to the mid rim.

I'd even say its a respectable defense even for coruscant...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:09 pm

I agree with Nelo, based on my own experience with this sort of stuff.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I have a suggestion:

Since you're technically loyalist forces, why not give EK a hand and break him out of his little blockaded self, and bust him out into the outer rim?

That way, your loyalist forces can be amongst people who share your ambitions, and you have at least a battle which you could coordinate.

Its obvious you're not going GAA, since you have loyalist forces and you're reluctant to use GAA ships already provided. So why not just team up? You're an IK, he's a loyalist admiral (who still gets his butt handed to him from trying to copy Thrawn).

He's got your navy. You have his army. consider this.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:55 pm

Nelowulf
I have a suggestion:

Since you're technically loyalist forces, why not give EK a hand and break him out of his little blockaded self, and bust him out into the outer rim?

That way, your loyalist forces can be amongst people who share your ambitions, and you have at least a battle which you could coordinate.

Its obvious you're not going GAA, since you have loyalist forces and you're reluctant to use GAA ships already provided. So why not just team up? You're an IK, he's a loyalist admiral (who still gets his butt handed to him from trying to copy Thrawn).

He's got your navy. You have his army. consider this.
1) I'm not so much cornered as I am in hiding. Well, I'm not exactly hiding, but I can make it past the blockade whenever I need to.

2) In about an hour I'm leaving again, and who knows when I'll be back, so someone knowledgable needs to takeover again.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:09 pm

Right.... If that's the case, then why do you still stay on wayland, instead of transporting your units off the planet?

You're in a corner, like it or not. Your uber-EMP trick works once or twice before the Sith descend upon you like flies to honey.

I'm simply suggesting an alliance, lest you find your character starting off Episode II in a courtroom under a sith inquiery like several of the guild has suggested.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games